Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2018  5:41 PM
Paris907 wrote:Frank. Baker
Mudiay. Lee
Jack Dotson
Burke. THJr.

Who stays who Goes?

Well, Baker is likely gone for the season and two of those guys will see extended minutes at 3. No one goes exept maybe Dotson to the G-League. The real question is how do minutes get divvied.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

2/8/2018  5:44 PM
Please let's get rid of Jack and tank for a year and a half.
Pretty please??
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

2/8/2018  7:34 PM
Hopefully Lee and Jack. The knicks need a SG and SF that can shoot. That's why I don't understand the Mudiay move.it better not stop us from drafting Doncic this summer.

The knicks need to get rid of Noah, Kanter, and Lee this summer and resign Oquinn and sign a SF who is athletic, defends, and is a good shooter

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/8/2018  7:37 PM
do you really have 8 guards when none of them are any good?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/9/2018  2:29 PM
How on earth are you suppose to play 4 pg's, that's why the knicks development system is one of the worse
ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2018  2:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2018  2:38 PM
The NBA has 17 players on every roster... 12 active, 3 injury reserve and 2 two way players. I could be off by 2 I'm not fact checking... the point is its possible to have 4 players that play the sane position... aka find something else to cry about
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/9/2018  2:44 PM
The addition of Burk and Mudiay leads me to believe that Ntlikina will be the odd man out. I don’t trust these guys running the Knicks. Ntlilly is gonna get Willie treatment.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/9/2018  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2018  2:57 PM
Well short-term Jack should be released -- maybe he hooks up with a playoff team.

I have no use for Burke (25) and a smallish..one-trick shoot-first PG with poor defense.

Given we now have Mudiay, Timmy, Lee, KP, Kanter, Beasley -- plus whoever we pick up in draft --- hopefully top 8....I think we have enough scoring.

I would hold on to guys like Baker/Dotson who like to defend and our youngish.

Jack...then Burke for me.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/9/2018  3:19 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Well short-term Jack should be released -- maybe he hooks up with a playoff team.

I have no use for Burke (25) and a smallish..one-trick shoot-first PG with poor defense.

Given we now have Mudiay, Timmy, Lee, KP, Kanter, Beasley -- plus whoever we pick up in draft --- hopefully top 8....I think we have enough scoring.

+1

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/9/2018  3:30 PM
Lets see how Mudiay does. THJ, dont know what the deal is with him. Would have thought the slump would have happened right after getting back from his injury. Of course this can happen at any time.

The difference between THJ now and his last time here is you dont see him lashing out at teammates for his slump, poor performance. He does drive to the rim, isnt just jacking up shots for the most part. More mature player.

I hope he can snap out of it soon.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2018  3:30 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Well short-term Jack should be released -- maybe he hooks up with a playoff team.

If Burke is shooting well he's valuable scorer off the bench. Needs to facilitate more, but with better D he could be a nice role player here.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/9/2018  4:10 PM
fishmike wrote:

If Burke is shooting well he's valuable scorer off the bench. Needs to facilitate more, but with better D he could be a nice role player here.

I don't see it - he is smallish (25) and in the way.

Give PG playing time to Mudiay/Frank and we have more than enough SG scoring in Tim/Lee + Dotson/Baker are SG options.

Burke is 100% MEH and in our situation we don't need him getting hot 1 or 2 games and blowing the tank. Ok if Mudiay/Frank do that but not Burke - again IMO

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2018  4:15 PM
fishmike wrote:

Yeah I agree... let him do what he does. That's valuable. Toronto's back up point guard was busting our ass. We need that on our team too

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/9/2018  4:21 PM
Mudiay. Lee
Jack Dotson
Burke. THJr.

Who stays who Goes?

Next year i expect

PG Ntilikina 2nd Mudiay 3rd Burke
SG Hardaway 2nd Dotson 3rd Baker

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/9/2018  4:45 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Mudiay. Lee
Jack Dotson
Burke. THJr.

Who stays who Goes?

Next year i expect

PG Ntilikina 2nd Mudiay 3rd Burke
SG Hardaway 2nd Dotson 3rd Baker

I just threw up a little in my mouth --

I don't disagree, it's just depressing

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/9/2018  4:48 PM
Vmart wrote:The addition of Burk and Mudiay leads me to believe that Ntlikina will be the odd man out. I don’t trust these guys running the Knicks. Ntlilly is gonna get Willie treatment.

Base on what I have seen so far, I find this very likely, and if not frank, than someone else.

Once again you have 4 players in a position that are not much better than each other..When you got guys in and out of the line up, inconsistent minutes, they just can't get into a rhythm, or get comfortable..

JH is still putting Jack in the game in the 4th quarter

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2018  5:17 PM
THjr and Clee can play the three.
Jack can get waived.
Baker is out.

Burkes
Frank
Mundiay
Dodson

The assumption is Frank gets "Willied" because he will regress?
Dodson is still a project. Burkes is 25, a back up.
Frank and Mudiay are 19 and 21. The assumption is then neither will improve?
That would be awful.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/9/2018  5:40 PM
Vmart wrote:The addition of Burk and Mudiay leads me to believe that Ntlikina will be the odd man out. I don’t trust these guys running the Knicks. Ntlilly is gonna get Willie treatment.
Have to disagree with this. The Knicks have played 2/3 of the season and Frank has averaged 20 minutes a night. Jeff said the plan for Frank was for him to eventually become the starter this year but'he's still trying to go grasp having to go out there every single night and play...' Some of this is because Frank either isn't ready yet, or isn't developing as planned. I think Frank continues to get minutes but he might not be locked into minutes like he was earlier in the year or like Willy expected to be. Willy needed to have a Kornet game when he got his chance. Even if it was just show of ineffective energy. Never got the impression this year that he cared enough to win a rotation spot back. When Noah got minutes I thought it was obvious that he cared.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Kemet
Member: #6148

2/9/2018  5:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Yeah I agree... let him do what he does. That's valuable. Toronto's back up point guard was busting our ass. We need that on our team too

Toronto Raptor's backup guards has a great co-existing big man lineup backing them up at SF/PF/Center position ..
The Knicks big man lineup has been inconsistent without any co-existing on defense all season.
Plus the Knicks coach Horn has been clueless on players position in the rotation lineup all season .. Knicks SG Lee n THJ were LOSERS every time Horn played them at SF position this season .. Knicks SF Lance n SF Beasley n SF Mcderm were LOSERS every time Horn played them at the PF position alongside C/F KO'Quinn .. Kanter n KP did not protect the paint at all from Knicks opponent slashing quick step guards.
The Knicks C/F Quinn needed a PF on the court to help out-rebound n out-score opponents lineup in the paint.
Beasley is a decent wing SF .. Beasley is not a PF nor is Beasley a Stretch 4 !!!

After the trade deadline ....
The Knicks dont have a decent PF on the roster that's able to compete with any of the Atlantic division teams center/PF lineup!
Guards need a decent set of co-existing Big-men in the lineup to win games.
Coach Horn did not give us a dependable set of big-men to work with the past two seasons.

If 19 yr old Frank Nitty is the Knicks future than these are the backcourt lineup we should play the remainder of the season.

Frank n Burke
Frank n Mudai
Frank n THJ

Burke n THJ
Burke n Lee
Burke n Mudai

Mudai n THJ
Mudai n Cee

Knicks have 8 guards - who goes ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy