[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Were you Team Mudiay or Team Latvia? (Honestly); Frank & Emmanuel Future Backcourt tandem?!?
Author Thread
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

2/8/2018  8:35 PM
I advocated for Mudiay in that draft but thought we had no chance at him.

Nor did I think that in this free agent period that we had any shot at him.

IMO, this was the perfect trade in that Mudiay has upside and a youthful fit. Furthermore, Hornacek is a great coach to develop this back court/swing cohort. So the stars really aligned on this one.

Also happy to retain Lee and KOQ.

AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/8/2018  9:36 PM
I called KP "Shawn Bradley with a 3-point shot". Obviously, I was wrong... Bradley was a better rebounder But, I hated Mudiay; him and Kaminsky were the only guys I 100% did not want. Mudiay was bad coming out of China and he's been atrocious in the NBA but this isn't a bad trade. We didn't give up much to get him and he has improved over his three seasons (from worst player in the league to merely terrible but still).
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/8/2018  10:36 PM
I wanted Mudiay. I thought he could help the NYK creativity from either the pg or sg slot. But right now not sure I care for his services. The Knicks have the worst shooting backcourt even with THJ who is an albatross of a contract as bad as Noah’s.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/9/2018  12:00 AM
I probably favored Mudiay from an athletic build - thinking having attacking guards is where the NBA is today.

I like this trade a lot and just like Russell in Brooklyn, hopefully a change of scenery helps him further develop.

Someone said Mudiay had gotten worse- I actually think he has gotten a bit better when looking at his stats, though he hasn't started this year.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/9/2018  1:07 AM
I was initially skeptical, but Mudiay is growing on me a bit the more I dive into the numbers.

While Mudiay's minutes have dropped each year since his rookie season (just like Trey Burke's!), statistically his shooting percentages have improved each year, suggesting he's becoming a better player.

Rookie year: .379 2pa, .319 3pa, .670FT
Year 3: .414 2pa, .373 3pa, .808FT

Improvement across the board. His 3pt and FT averages are ABOVE league average this year.

I still like Elfrid Payton better, but at least from a per36 basis, Mudiay's numbers are relatively comparable based on their age-equivalent seasons. (Payton's 2 years older) But alas, Mudiay is now a Knick, so hopefully we've found a diamond in the rough that enjoys playing here.

As I think of his build and athleticism, I've wondering about a Tyreke Evans comparison.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Vmart
USA
2/9/2018  12:17 PM
It is hard to get excited about a terrible shooter. Mudiay is a terrible shooter reason why a team moved on from him and same with Burk. What the Knicks are doing is looking into other teams dumpster and hope they can salvage a player.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2018  1:11 PM
Vmart wrote:It is hard to get excited about a terrible shooter. Mudiay is a terrible shooter reason why a team moved on from him and same with Burk. What the Knicks are doing is looking into other teams dumpster and hope they can salvage a player.

The problem with Mudiay is he had great physical tools, handling and finishing ability at the rim. He had trouble running the offense because he can't shoot. Denver has Jamaal Murray and Jukic to facilitate, plus a bunch of other versatile guys. Mudiay was redundant to that team. Mudiay is far from trash. Mudiay right now is our best point guard. Trey Burke should be his up. Frank needs to still go to tge g league. He's been so bad it's actually detrimental to his development. He's just not ready. He's got work to do. He's 19 shoo that shouldn't be an issue. He will help us, just not right now.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/9/2018  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2018  1:33 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Vmart wrote:It is hard to get excited about a terrible shooter. Mudiay is a terrible shooter reason why a team moved on from him and same with Burk. What the Knicks are doing is looking into other teams dumpster and hope they can salvage a player.

The problem with Mudiay is he had great physical tools, handling and finishing ability at the rim. He had trouble running the offense because he can't shoot. Denver has Jamaal Murray and Jukic to facilitate, plus a bunch of other versatile guys. Mudiay was redundant to that team. Mudiay is far from trash. Mudiay right now is our best point guard. Trey Burke should be his up. Frank needs to still go to tge g league. He's been so bad it's actually detrimental to his development. He's just not ready. He's got work to do. He's 19 shoo that shouldn't be an issue. He will help us, just not right now.

Mudiay doesn't have finishing ability at the rim; he's only a 50% shooter at the rim and league average is over 60%. Also, Mudiay isn't 19 he's 21 and turns 22 next month. This wasn't a bad trade but the the chance that Mudiay actually develops into a NBA caliber player is slim.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Vmart
USA
2/9/2018  2:15 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Wake the F’ up there no help this team. We have been doing this for nearly 20 years now. Ntlikina can’t help you honestly think Burk and Mudiay put this dumb shyt team over the top.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/14/2018  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2018  10:11 AM
Looks like the longer Mudiay is on the floor, the more prone he is to turn the ball over, Frank too.

Would like Hornacek to bring them in at the same time for the rest of the season. Let them try to help each other work through the holes in their game. They are bonding through their similar ancestry, both speak French. Whatever works.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/14/2018  10:35 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Looks like the longer Mudiay is on the floor, the more prone he is to turn the ball over, Frank too.

Would like Hornacek to bring them in at the same time for the rest of the season. Let them try to help each other work through the holes in their game. They are bonding through their similar ancestry, both speak French. Whatever works.

So what you are saying is, let these kids take bad shots, let these kids make costly turnovers back to back to back, let them continue to shoot poorly and make bad decisions, let them play through it all while developing bad habits, loss after loss ...That's great for developing someone...smh jesus..yeah and then reward them with more minutes..

Just picture two blind men in a room trying to get out the door, tell me how long that will take when the blind leads the blind..

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/14/2018  10:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Looks like the longer Mudiay is on the floor, the more prone he is to turn the ball over, Frank too.

So what you are saying is, let these kids take bad shots, let these kids make costly turnovers back to back to back, let them continue to shoot poorly and make bad decisions, let them play through it all while developing bad habits, loss after loss ...That's great for developing someone...smh jesus..yeah and then reward them with more minutes..

Just picture two blind men in a room trying to get out the door, tell me how long that will take when the blind leads the blind..

Picture a better time to do this. Out of the hunt, hoping for a high pick. Will it get ugly at times? Most likely.

If Frank and Mudiay can develop some chemistry, then some good will have come from another lost season. This is the time to find out if they have the makings of a good backcourt.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/14/2018  10:51 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Your right, but what mills and perry are probably thinking, if Frank can see Mudiay penetrating maybe he'll want to do the same.

Look at KP, look at how his shot selection almost mirrors Melo's, and look at how franks shot selections almost mirrors Jack, same pull up 17 footer with a different release on every attempt, thats why his shhoting % is in the dumps..

Phil jackson once pointed out that shumpert would never be a good shooter because his release is different every shot, all poor shooters have that problem, and if you watch THJ, frank, jack, you'll notice it clearly.

Frank has great form, but his release screams brick layer

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/20/2018  1:49 PM
i was team mudiay or team russell, but was definitely not team KP
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/20/2018  2:08 PM
Team KP but I wanted Towns badly. Hoping to get the 1st pick. Once we got the 4th pick, I was praying for KP
Were you Team Mudiay or Team Latvia? (Honestly); Frank & Emmanuel Future Backcourt tandem?!?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy