Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6028

2/8/2018  9:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I really hope Horny can figure this guy out like he did with Bledsoe because this man is straight ass. I wouldn't give up on him just yet but he is basically in the same boat as Frank with better shooting.

Shooting is might be better for now, but the shot selection is worse I'M HOME.

That video is misleading.... look at the rosters.... Galinari is still on the team. Just like a highlight, someone made a lowlight... whatever man. We got him and he's better than Frank so **** it

Yeah, I'm not going off the video. Some of those highlights looked like they could've been from his rookie year, which was terrible. He struggled just like Frank in his rookie year. There are also thing he struggles with that Frank is better at right now. We'll see.

How is averaging 12pts 5 assists and 3 rebounds a terrible rookie year? If that's terrible then Frank shouldn't even be allowed to suit up anymore

12/5/3 isn't a good year when you play 30 mins a game, shoot mid 30% from the field and have a PER of around 10.

I don't mind the trade as it's a low risk/higher reward type situation, but Mudiay has A LOT to work on. His shot in so inconsitent and he doesn't have a tight handle at all-which is a real detriment when you're a tall PG. He's physical getting to the basket, but he doesn't finish well. He lacks that change of direction ability and just the overall ability to finish strong in traffic right now.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018  10:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  10:31 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I really hope Horny can figure this guy out like he did with Bledsoe because this man is straight ass. I wouldn't give up on him just yet but he is basically in the same boat as Frank with better shooting.

That video is misleading.... look at the rosters.... Galinari is still on the team. Just like a highlight, someone made a lowlight... whatever man. We got him and he's better than Frank so **** it

Yeah, I'm not going off the video. Some of those highlights looked like they could've been from his rookie year, which was terrible. He struggled just like Frank in his rookie year. There are also thing he struggles with that Frank is better at right now. We'll see.

How is averaging 12pts 5 assists and 3 rebounds a terrible rookie year? If that's terrible then Frank shouldn't even be allowed to suit up anymore

12/5/3 isn't a good year when you play 30 mins a game, shoot mid 30% from the field and have a PER of around 10.

I don't mind the trade as it's a low risk/higher reward type situation, but Mudiay has A LOT to work on. His shot in so inconsitent and he doesn't have a tight handle at all-which is a real detriment when you're a tall PG. He's physical getting to the basket, but he doesn't finish well. He lacks that change of direction ability and just the overall ability to finish strong in traffic right now.

Exactly... bottom line is he's not been a good NBA player, but a 21 year old athletic guard like Mudiay is EXACTLY the kind of diamond in the rough Knicks should be digging for. Burke is similar. Dotson is another. Chance of these guys becoming above replacement value isnt great. Lets say 33%. Not very high... but if you work this angle hard and take a couple years and work on developing some of these guys a couple will pop. A valuable way to get a quality rotation player. Do I think Mudiay is that guy? As mentioned above he's got a lot to prove, but it starts with defense. Lets see these young guards getting after it. If you have a couple young athletic guards on the floor steals stops and tipped balls become easy offense. We just need to find good players. What makes this trade great is its a zero cost all upside deal. Give this guy a year with Hornecek and we will know what we have. Same with Burke.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/8/2018  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  10:45 PM
I live out in Denver so have seen Mudiay quite a bit.

He has been an enigma for both fans and management because the expectations were so high and he flashes in some great moments/ games.

He is PG and not a SG...but that said he is a PG that struggles scoring around the rim, mid-range and though improving from 3,,,he also hasn’t been a great creator...or defender.

All that said he is a solid (not great athlete), he has nice size and uses his strength along with euro steps...some great hesitation/shake moves to get to the rim.

He is still only 21 (22 in March)...I expect him to be our starting PG because Frank isn’t ready mentally/physically at this point. I expect him to play well in Horny’s system because he will be asked to attack the paint and push the pace. At this point he is far superior offensive player to either Burke/Frank.

Burke IMO is a waste of time — basically a 25 year old shoot first first midget by nba standards who also can’t defend.

Also believe Mudiay is NOT in great shape....if he were to drop 10-12 LBs he would be pretty dynamic getting to rim BUT needs to finish.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/8/2018  10:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
Bretrobert1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Exactly... bottom line is he's not been a good NBA player, but a 21 year old athletic guard like Mudiay is EXACTLY the kind of diamond in the rough Knicks should be digging for. Burke is similar. Dotson is another. Chance of these guys becoming above replacement value isnt great. Lets say 33%. Not very high... but if you work this angle hard and take a couple years and work on developing some of these guys a couple will pop. A valuable way to get a quality rotation player. Do I think Mudiay is that guy? As mentioned above he's got a lot to prove, but it starts with defense. Lets see these young guards getting after it. If you have a couple young athletic guards on the floor steals stops and tipped balls become easy offense. We just need to find good players. What makes this trade great is its a zero cost all upside deal. Give this guy a year with Hornecek and we will know what we have. Same with Burke.

there is nothing else to say. very well said fish, cosign 100%

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/8/2018  11:20 PM
I don't mind getting Mudiay on the cheap but we have one of the worst overall backcourts in the nba

It's now crowded and undiscplined

RIP Crushalot😞
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
2/9/2018  1:52 AM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Looks like he was shooting his jumpers two different ways. Maybe him and Frank can have mind meld.

Bring back dee-fense
Mudiay traded to NY!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy