[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mudiay traded to NY!
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/8/2018  6:05 PM
Chandler wrote:how is this guy's foot speed, and lateral quickness? Wondering if we can re-focus his defense a bit more even if his offense never develops into what was hyped.

I was watching some highlights and he ain't no John Wall. He has the foot speed that you'd expect of a 6'5", 220lb kid with a stocky build from what I can see. He pretty much muscles his way to the rim, isn't blowing by anybody so I'd say his foot speed and lateral quickness are average. When you factor in bad decision making, forced shots and inconsistency as a shooter he is a major project.

He does however seem to have games where he gets hot so maybe a streak shooter? Probably does better against smaller weaker opponents like Isiah Thomas where he can bull his way in to the paint

AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/8/2018  6:07 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Mudiay can get into the paint and finish... he's the polar opposite to Frank. Mudiay is going to florish in NY. I'm hype... Mudiay is what Frank wish he could be! Yeah I said it

Mudiay isn't really a good finisher either looking at his shooting stats. He looks impressive attacking off the dribble tho.

Biggest issue for him is midrange, it would seem.

Actually shooting 49% on 0-3 foot shots is probably one of the worst in the league.

The WORST team in the league at close shots is at .606 on 0-3 shots. League average is .657.

Sheesh, Tony Wroten esque type **** there.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/8/2018  6:14 PM

I really hope Horny can figure this guy out like he did with Bledsoe because this man is straight ass. I wouldn't give up on him just yet but he is basically in the same boat as Frank with better shooting.

The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2018  6:15 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:Mudiay was a steal. I saw him play earlier in the season at the Garden and he really impressed me. Big, athletic, competitive with a much improved shot. He's going to turn into an All-Star for us one day.

I feel the same. The guy is physically imposing and he can get in the paint and finish strong. Like Lance Stevenson without the crazy.

Posters here like to talk about what's been said about a player instead of seeing them play first hand. Guys here are gonna be pleasantly surprised from day 1

I've seen him play a few times. Denver was one of League Pass teams for a while. He's got talent but he's still a project. His decision making needs work and I'm not convinced he's a PG. Lance is a decent comparison, but I hope he does better than that.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

2/8/2018  6:17 PM
TPercy wrote:

I really hope Horny can figure this guy out like he did with Bledsoe because this man is straight ass. I wouldn't give up on him just yet but he is basically in the same boat as Frank with better shooting.

Shooting is might be better for now, but the shot selection is worse I'M HOME.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

2/8/2018  6:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Love this trade. I think getting Mudiay was a fantastic move. Can't wait to see him in a knock uniform.

Is THJR still on the team?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TPercy

2/8/2018  6:50 PM
Jack
Lee
Timmy
Beas
Kanter

Burke
Frank/Mudiay
Lance
Kornet
KOQ

The Future is Bright!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2018  6:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

That video is misleading.... look at the rosters.... Galinari is still on the team. Just like a highlight, someone made a lowlight... whatever man. We got him and he's better than Frank so **** it

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/8/2018  7:00 PM
What is it that people are excited about? This trade was garbage in garbage out
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG

2/8/2018  7:10 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

That video is misleading.... look at the rosters.... Galinari is still on the team. Just like a highlight, someone made a lowlight... whatever man. We got him and he's better than Frank so **** it

Yeah, I'm not going off the video. Some of those highlights looked like they could've been from his rookie year, which was terrible. He struggled just like Frank in his rookie year. There are also thing he struggles with that Frank is better at right now. We'll see.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/8/2018  7:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  7:16 PM
Ira wrote:Among point guards, he has the lowest +/- of anyone in the league.

Yeah he is putrid, can't shoot and can't defend

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2018  7:23 PM
Rookie wrote:
Chandler wrote:how is this guy's foot speed, and lateral quickness? Wondering if we can re-focus his defense a bit more even if his offense never develops into what was hyped.

I was watching some highlights and he ain't no John Wall. He has the foot speed that you'd expect of a 6'5", 220lb kid with a stocky build from what I can see. He pretty much muscles his way to the rim, isn't blowing by anybody so I'd say his foot speed and lateral quickness are average. When you factor in bad decision making, forced shots and inconsistency as a shooter he is a major project.

He does however seem to have games where he gets hot so maybe a streak shooter? Probably does better against smaller weaker opponents like Isiah Thomas where he can bull his way in to the paint

Thanks I was wondering about speed with regard to defense. I don't know why, but wondering if he can be repurposed a bit into a Marcus Smart type (but less crazy) given his build

(5)(5)
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  7:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Any idea why a team that took him at #7 gave up on him for Devin Harris and a swap of #2 picks? Why most of the Denver fans I've seen on Twitter aren't unhappy that he's gone?

Got to get real. He's on my team now, so I'm a fan, but Mudiay was supposed to be their franchise PG and considered by some to be a top 3 talent, even the top pick by some. Plenty of guys on this site wanted him... LA, Philly, Knicks, and the Kings all could have used a PG, and all of them passed on him.

Now, before his rookie contract is over, and with 3 years to prove himself, they dump him for Devin Harris. Kind of makes you wonder.

Just saying.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  7:30 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Ira wrote:Among point guards, he has the lowest +/- of anyone in the league.

Yeah he is putrid, can't shoot and can't defend

In his defense, his shooting from deep and the FT line has improved...what seems to be an issue from what I have read is his decision making and shot selection.

I think they gave him a lot more rope his rookie season, and then pulled it back.

Also have to remember that the team runs through Jokic, now, and he is the assist leader on the team. Have to think that Mudiay would want to be the primary distributor, and being less of a facilitator has hurt his game.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/8/2018  7:47 PM
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Mudiay can get into the paint and finish... he's the polar opposite to Frank. Mudiay is going to florish in NY. I'm hype... Mudiay is what Frank wish he could be! Yeah I said it

Mudiay isn't really a good finisher either looking at his shooting stats. He looks impressive attacking off the dribble tho.

Biggest issue for him is midrange, it would seem.

Actually shooting 49% on 0-3 foot shots is probably one of the worst in the league.

The WORST team in the league at close shots is at .606 on 0-3 shots. League average is .657.

Sheesh, Tony Wroten esque type **** there.

we need a 63page thread for mudiay now

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
EnySpree

2/8/2018  8:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Yeah, I'm not going off the video. Some of those highlights looked like they could've been from his rookie year, which was terrible. He struggled just like Frank in his rookie year. There are also thing he struggles with that Frank is better at right now. We'll see.

How is averaging 12pts 5 assists and 3 rebounds a terrible rookie year? If that's terrible then Frank shouldn't even be allowed to suit up anymore

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

2/8/2018  8:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  8:15 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Any idea why a team that took him at #7 gave up on him for Devin Harris and a swap of #2 picks? Why most of the Denver fans I've seen on Twitter aren't unhappy that he's gone?

Got to get real. He's on my team now, so I'm a fan, but Mudiay was supposed to be their franchise PG and considered by some to be a top 3 talent, even the top pick by some. Plenty of guys on this site wanted him... LA, Philly, Knicks, and the Kings all could have used a PG, and all of them passed on him.

Now, before his rookie contract is over, and with 3 years to prove himself, they dump him for Devin Harris. Kind of makes you wonder.

Just saying.

Denver has too many guards... they like their current starting point guard.

Willy hermangomez was on the all rookie team and was traded for 2 second round picks. Elfrid Payton was traded for one second rounder. What does that mean? Same as the Mudiay situation. Why when the Knicks get someone, that player has to be a heroine addict. Like there's no other logical reason

BigDaddyG

2/8/2018  8:30 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

How is averaging 12pts 5 assists and 3 rebounds a terrible rookie year? If that's terrible then Frank shouldn't even be allowed to suit up anymore

C'mon lol He shot like crap and avg. nearly as many turnovers as assists. They just allowed him to play through his assists. You saw the video of his first two years. He was bad.
KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

2/8/2018  8:41 PM
I like this deal for the Knicks.
Mudiay is only 21 and he will develop.
I can see Frank and Mudiay splitting minutes (tempo changes) at PG.

The Knicks basically traded Melo for Kanter and Mudiay.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2018  9:14 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:

He was first team all rookie. I thought that meant a lot. It did yesterday.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Mudiay traded to NY!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy