WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  4:48 PM
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Welpee wrote:Would you rather have Mudiay and give up McD (swapping 2nd round picks) or Payton and give up a 2nd round pick like the Suns just did?

Mudiay is a better option for the simple fact that he is a year away from RFA, whereas Payton could get paid from someone this summer. They don't have any contract decisions to make with him right away as they would with Payton.

If you go to the Denver message board they're not upset about seeing him moved.

From a Denver fan on Twitter:

Do people actually think Mudiay is good? Omg

I'm not sure how many people have real high expectations. He's not our former lottery pick. He's 21 years old, so if he's not good now, that's fine. Can he develop into a solid rotation player? Sure, why not?

As much as I didn't want him in 2015...he is on my team now...got to hope for the best.

Worried about his BB IQ, which was supposed to have been a plus for him coming out of the draft. Will be interesting to see how he does without the pressure of making the playoffs.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2018  4:49 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:Would you rather have Mudiay and give up McD (swapping 2nd round picks) or Payton and give up a 2nd round pick like the Suns just did?
problem with Payton is the commitment. There is zero point in bringing him in unless you are going to resign him. He's good, but Im not sure they wanted to pay him big money at this point. Mudiay is a safer route when it comes to flexibility for sure.

Posted this just now...Sounds like Perry was looking into him.

Wow, if that's the case, Orlando deserves their own appreciation thread
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  4:51 PM
This may not be a good thing...we will see

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
blkexec
Member: #748
2/8/2018  4:58 PM
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:i had been hearing a lot of rumblings that the knicks wanted another combo guard to play NEXT TO frank and were looking at the draft to fill that need, atleast now we can focus on other positions in the draft. im good with taking a gamble on mudiay, was a highly touted prospect coming into the league, maybe a change of scenery helps him. he's going to play alot of SG here, i would imagine. sucks to lose dougie mcbuckets, really enjoyed watching him thrive here this year.

This confuses me cause Knicks have Lee and THJr at guard right now and Dotson in the wings. Why would the Knicks want ANOTHER SG?

In Hornacek system, Mudiay is a small forward. Now he has another athlete who can play 3 positions on both sides. Gives him roster lineup flexibility.....especially during in game lineup changes.....I believe he's bigger and stronger than THj, who currently plays SF with Lee at times....

I think they still not sure which SG / SF they want to keep on this roster. Mudiay adds to that mix.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2018  5:02 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:i had been hearing a lot of rumblings that the knicks wanted another combo guard to play NEXT TO frank and were looking at the draft to fill that need, atleast now we can focus on other positions in the draft. im good with taking a gamble on mudiay, was a highly touted prospect coming into the league, maybe a change of scenery helps him. he's going to play alot of SG here, i would imagine. sucks to lose dougie mcbuckets, really enjoyed watching him thrive here this year.

This confuses me cause Knicks have Lee and THJr at guard right now and Dotson in the wings. Why would the Knicks want ANOTHER SG?

In Hornacek system, Mudiay is a small forward. Now he has another athlete who can play 3 positions on both sides. Gives him roster lineup flexibility.....especially during in game lineup changes.....I believe he's bigger and stronger than THj, who currently plays SF with Lee at times....

I think they still not sure which SG / SF they want to keep on this roster. Mudiay adds to that mix.....

They might like Frank off the ball as well. He and Burke have been getting minutes together and Frank has looked comfortable in that role.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
2/8/2018  5:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

They might like Frank off the ball as well. He and Burke have been getting minutes together and Frank has looked comfortable in that role.

Mudiay fits the long, athletic, young culture they are building....Mudiay will also be humble to play anywhere, regardless of the minutes. He understands at this point, he's no longer a lock to be an NBA starter, so he will have a chip on his shoulder his entire career, similar to Lee. I can see Mudiay becoming a late bloomer.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/8/2018  5:07 PM
This was a move to shut fans up for the last two months. A good cheap move that cost nothing and might have decent upside---I dont like giving up on players at 21--they need to be given chances.

To me this puts Frank in the Gleague where he always belonged so he can DEVELOP.

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

2/8/2018  5:08 PM
Mudiay was a steal. I saw him play earlier in the season at the Garden and he really impressed me. Big, athletic, competitive with a much improved shot. He's going to turn into an All-Star for us one day.
reub

2/8/2018  5:10 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:This may not be a good thing...we will see

Scott Perry should enforce a rule that any of our players younger than 23 shall not speak to the press. This would take all of the pressure off of the kids.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2018  5:25 PM
reub wrote:Mudiay was a steal. I saw him play earlier in the season at the Garden and he really impressed me. Big, athletic, competitive with a much improved shot. He's going to turn into an All-Star for us one day.

I feel the same. The guy is physically imposing and he can get in the paint and finish strong. Like Lance Stevenson without the crazy.

Posters here like to talk about what's been said about a player instead of seeing them play first hand. Guys here are gonna be pleasantly surprised from day 1

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub

2/8/2018  5:25 PM
So can we all commit to tanking for this year and next and give KP some great teammates when he's ready to come back?
I'm thinking about how the Spurs did it with the Admiral and Tim Duncan.
That's the only smart thing to do right now.
Screw the winning culture for awhile.
reub

2/8/2018  5:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:Mudiay was a steal. I saw him play earlier in the season at the Garden and he really impressed me. Big, athletic, competitive with a much improved shot. He's going to turn into an All-Star for us one day.

I feel the same. The guy is physically imposing and he can get in the paint and finish strong. Like Lance Stevenson without the crazy.

Posters here like to talk about what's been said about a player instead of seeing them play first hand. Guys here are gonna be pleasantly surprised from day 1

I agree. He is a very strong dude. He plays hard and physical. His shot actually looks good now. And he's only 21 and just got out of a bad situation. I just hope that Hornacek and Rambis don't ruin him. Just let him play!

reub

2/8/2018  5:28 PM
We still have Clarence Gaines on our staff, don't we? I know that he must have scouted Mudiay extensively when we drafted KP and I hope he had input on this trade.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/8/2018  5:32 PM
Moody (I will be calling him that, thnks) has been pretty disappointing so far but there really isn’t anything bad about this trade. McDermot is what he is and isn’t getting better and Mudiay still has room to improve. At the position we are in, we really can’t complain about having too many wing players. If anything, we can package them in the Summer while hopefully raising their value. Hopefully Frank and Moody can work well together. Worst case scenario, they suck and we just lose anyway and we get a better chance at getting a top pick this and next year.

We never really had better trade options, in all likelihood.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
2/8/2018  5:44 PM
I like the trade for Mudi. Gives us more flexibility. Stat-wise he and McD were very similar. But with Mudi we have 1 1/2 years until we need to make a decision. With McD he would have not been re-signed at the end of this season, IMO.

I find it interesting that we now have 3 PG/SG who were top 10 draft picks - all 25 or under. All came in young and struggled in their first or first few years in the NBA. It shows that for many young PG, it takes time to make the transition to the NBA.
Trey Burk #9 2013
Mudiay #7 2015
Frank #8 2017

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2018  5:44 PM
how is this guy's foot speed, and lateral quickness? Wondering if we can re-focus his defense a bit more even if his offense never develops into what was hyped.
(5)(5)
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/8/2018  5:48 PM
Who's got ESPN Insider? There is an article on trade grades for Mudiay. Please post. Thanks.
EnySpree

2/8/2018  5:55 PM
Chandler wrote:how is this guy's foot speed, and lateral quickness? Wondering if we can re-focus his defense a bit more even if his offense never develops into what was hyped.

What are you talking about? I'm serious... that's how you know guys are just being ridiculous when it comes to certain players. Mudiay is a good player. We got him in a steal. You'll see soon enough.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2018  5:55 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Who's got ESPN Insider? There is an article on trade grades for Mudiay. Please post. Thanks.

FYI: http://insider2text.xyz/

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree

2/8/2018  5:56 PM

This kid is flat out our best point guard now. I can't believe we got him for Derm

Mudiay traded to NY!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy