[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mudiay traded to NY!
Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/8/2018  3:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  3:13 PM
i had been hearing a lot of rumblings that the knicks wanted another combo guard to play NEXT TO frank and were looking at the draft to fill that need, atleast now we can focus on other positions in the draft. im good with taking a gamble on mudiay, was a highly touted prospect coming into the league, maybe a change of scenery helps him. he's going to play alot of SG here, i would imagine. sucks to lose dougie mcbuckets, really enjoyed watching him thrive here this year.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  3:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  3:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Mudiay can get into the paint and finish... he's the polar opposite to Frank. Mudiay is going to florish in NY. I'm hype... Mudiay is what Frank wish he could be! Yeah I said it

Mudiay isn't really a good finisher either looking at his shooting stats. He looks impressive attacking off the dribble tho.

Biggest issue for him is midrange, it would seem.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2018  3:17 PM
nyk4ever wrote:i had been hearing a lot of rumblings that the knicks wanted another combo guard to play NEXT TO frank and were looking at the draft to fill that need, atleast now we can focus on other positions in the draft. im good with taking a gamble on mudiay, was a highly touted prospect coming into the league, maybe a change of scenery helps him. he's going to play alot of SG here, i would imagine. sucks to lose dougie mcbuckets, really enjoyed watching him thrive here this year.

This confuses me cause Knicks have Lee and THJr at guard right now and Dotson in the wings. Why would the Knicks want ANOTHER SG?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyk4ever
USA
2/8/2018  3:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Mudiay can get into the paint and finish... he's the polar opposite to Frank. Mudiay is going to florish in NY. I'm hype... Mudiay is what Frank wish he could be! Yeah I said it

Mudiay isn't really a good finisher either looking at his shooting stats. He looks impressive attacking off the dribble tho.

only thing ill say is that mudiay kinda plays "bully ball" he attacks the rim pretty hard, not sure if the FG% backs up that claim, but thats what i remember from watching him. he came into the league with a bad shot and he still has a bad shot, so im not sure what that says. maybe horny can be of some use and get him shooting better.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/8/2018  3:18 PM
fishmike wrote:Great trade. I am not high on Mudiay. He's been a bad NBA player. However we want to get more athletic and faster. McD had totally faded and FO clearly sees no future for him here. We arent going to spend money to resign him and we arent doing anything this summer FA wise, so for $5mm or whatever is on Mudiay's rookie deal we get a year to look at a 21 year athletic guard.

Gut feeling is Mudiay is another Thanasis type.. athletic but not skilled enough to play that position. That being said this is a super smart trade and we get Horn more guard talent to work with. Smart move by Perry. Considering where the Knicks are this is a solid A move. Got a 21 year old prospect worth a look for nothing.

3 yrs ago we skipped on him because he couldn't shoot, and he still can't shoot, plus turns the ball over.

That's the struggles of coming into the league that young, it takes 4 yrs to get where they should be yr 1. The same thing that happen to burke, is happening to Mudiay.

The same thing will happen to frank if he doesn't show marginal improvement

ES
martin
USA
2/8/2018  3:19 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

...and as bad as Mudiay is at shooting the midrange, McD was worse this year. Let that sink in.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2018  3:20 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Actually shooting 49% on 0-3 foot shots is probably one of the worst in the league.
nyk4ever
USA
2/8/2018  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  3:22 PM
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:i had been hearing a lot of rumblings that the knicks wanted another combo guard to play NEXT TO frank and were looking at the draft to fill that need, atleast now we can focus on other positions in the draft. im good with taking a gamble on mudiay, was a highly touted prospect coming into the league, maybe a change of scenery helps him. he's going to play alot of SG here, i would imagine. sucks to lose dougie mcbuckets, really enjoyed watching him thrive here this year.

This confuses me cause Knicks have Lee and THJr at guard right now and Dotson in the wings. Why would the Knicks want ANOTHER SG?

yeah i don't get it either. i'm baffled that lee is still here, he's of no use to a tanking team. i can see THJR playing a lot of SF with frank/mudiay on the floor and unfortunately dotson is an afterthought. there is absolutely NO reason jarrett jack and courtney lee should be here right now. i would have flipped lee to the lakers for randle/brewer, that move would have made alot of sense, especially since it seems like the lakers aren't in tank mode.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2018  3:22 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

50% at the rim isn't really good either, considering his size. Could probably use a better floater game

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
WaltLongmire

2/8/2018  3:25 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

...and as bad as Mudiay is at shooting the midrange, McD was worse this year. Let that sink in.

Yeah...his shooting was not as advertised...he had some good games earlier in the year, but he has a flatter shot than a guy reputed to be a great shooter...I think that hurt his midrange shooting.

What did surprise me with McDermott was his ability to move without the ball, and as I said earlier, the ball has not been moving like it did earlier in the year, and he might have suffered because of that.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018  3:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:Great trade. I am not high on Mudiay. He's been a bad NBA player. However we want to get more athletic and faster. McD had totally faded and FO clearly sees no future for him here. We arent going to spend money to resign him and we arent doing anything this summer FA wise, so for $5mm or whatever is on Mudiay's rookie deal we get a year to look at a 21 year athletic guard.

Gut feeling is Mudiay is another Thanasis type.. athletic but not skilled enough to play that position. That being said this is a super smart trade and we get Horn more guard talent to work with. Smart move by Perry. Considering where the Knicks are this is a solid A move. Got a 21 year old prospect worth a look for nothing.

You are right about McDermott fading...I was a little surprised because he had some great games earlier in the year.

Just a thought, though. I think he benefited when our offense was moving the ball a lot...not sure we have done that as much over the last few weeks.

He also simply missed a lot of open looks that NBA players on good teams need to make. I was at the Atl game the other day and I was impressed by McD's effort, but again.. too many open misses.

Mudiay has not been good. Im not really high on him. Cant shoot and tons of TOs. However he's 21 and very athletic and with another year on his rookie def worth a look. Great rebuilding type of move. Maybe he pops here. I like that Hornecek has some young wheels to worth with.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
2/8/2018  3:27 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:

yeah i don't get it either. i'm baffled that lee is still here, he's of no use to a tanking team. i can see THJR playing a lot of SF with frank/mudiay on the floor and unfortunately dotson is an afterthought. there is absolutely NO reason jarrett jack and courtney lee should be here right now. i would have flipped lee to the lakers for randle/brewer, that move would have made alot of sense, especially since it seems like the lakers aren't in tank mode.

Lakers are in full tank mode and clear cap space mode, so it doesn't make sense for Lee to Lakers.

I'm a bit confused about the Lakers first round pick this year and its protection but that will factor in to what the Lakers so.

WaltLongmire

2/8/2018  3:29 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

50% at the rim isn't really good either, considering his size. Could probably use a better floater game

He also had the best passing big man in the league to benefit from...Was he moving without the ball enough?

Did not watch enough Nugget games to have a true handle on his game...my feeling is that he becomes a SG. Even while playing fewer minutes, his 3pt shooting has improved, which is impressive, and his FT shooting has improved each year.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  3:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  3:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

You are right about McDermott fading...I was a little surprised because he had some great games earlier in the year.

Just a thought, though. I think he benefited when our offense was moving the ball a lot...not sure we have done that as much over the last few weeks.

He also simply missed a lot of open looks that NBA players on good teams need to make. I was at the Atl game the other day and I was impressed by McD's effort, but again.. too many open misses.

Mudiay has not been good. Im not really high on him. Cant shoot and tons of TOs. However he's 21 and very athletic and with another year on his rookie def worth a look. Great rebuilding type of move. Maybe he pops here. I like that Hornecek has some young wheels to worth with.

Didnt Hornacek run a lot of 3 PG lineups in Phoenix?

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2018  3:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  3:33 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Actually shooting 49% on 0-3 foot shots is probably one of the worst in the league.

The WORST team in the league at close shots is at .606 on 0-3 shots. League average is .657.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2018  3:33 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He also had the best passing big man in the league to benefit from...Was he moving without the ball enough?

Did not watch enough Nugget games to have a true handle on his game...my feeling is that he becomes a SG. Even while playing fewer minutes, his 3pt shooting has improved, which is impressive, and his FT shooting has improved each year.

I watched a few Denver games when I had the full League Pass package. He was a typical young player. Stood around when the ball wasn't in his hands.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigRedDog
Member: #569
2/8/2018  3:34 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

McD was the worst good shooter I've seen. Just awful shooting for 2 months. His mid range shot was really bad. i thought he would be money but really struggled with his shot. Maybe on another team if they set screens for him he might shoot better.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
nyk4ever
USA
2/8/2018  3:51 PM
martin wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
martin wrote:

Lakers are in full tank mode and clear cap space mode, so it doesn't make sense for Lee to Lakers.

I'm a bit confused about the Lakers first round pick this year and its protection but that will factor in to what the Lakers so.

yeah i guess youre right, i just know they were trying to trade randle for practically anything. still, doesn't make much sense for them to take on lee. nevertheless, jack and lee should be gone.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
2/8/2018  3:52 PM
that's funny about mcd being a bad good shooter. he certainly wasn't money. never got that feeling.

Mudiay & Ntilikina are gonna give other teams nightmares for years to come.

Welpee
Member: #6239

2/8/2018  3:52 PM
Would you rather have Mudiay and give up McD (swapping 2nd round picks) or Payton and give up a 2nd round pick like the Suns just did?
Mudiay traded to NY!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy