[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mudiay traded to NY!
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018  2:25 PM
Great trade. I am not high on Mudiay. He's been a bad NBA player. However we want to get more athletic and faster. McD had totally faded and FO clearly sees no future for him here. We arent going to spend money to resign him and we arent doing anything this summer FA wise, so for $5mm or whatever is on Mudiay's rookie deal we get a year to look at a 21 year athletic guard.

Gut feeling is Mudiay is another Thanasis type.. athletic but not skilled enough to play that position. That being said this is a super smart trade and we get Horn more guard talent to work with. Smart move by Perry. Considering where the Knicks are this is a solid A move. Got a 21 year old prospect worth a look for nothing.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2018  2:25 PM
magicTs wrote:

OK, only a swap and it wasn't the Chicago pick.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

2/8/2018  2:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
magicTs wrote:

OK, only a swap and it wasn't the Chicago pick.

Portland and Clips a tossup - possibly one pick difference given how close their records are.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  2:34 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Hopefully Jack is next. Surprised KO still here.

Yup...Would have though trading Lee and KOQ were priorities...not McDermott and Willy.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  2:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Said I wouldnt mind if it was a sweetheart deal. Suppose this would qualify. Frank better get the wake up call if he isnt traded.

Time to get to work or break tge **** out! No crying in basketball no freebies.... if you wanna play you gotta develop you own ass.... bang bang

If Frank isnt traded, I would send him to the G league. That and Mudiay in NY would give him some real incentive to start playing like he has a pair.

I kind of feel bad because he seems like a real nice kid, hard worker. Listening to interviews he naively seems to believe he has all the time in the world to get better. Not with this franchise, right or wrong.

WaltLongmire

2/8/2018  2:36 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Yep. Hmmmm. Soooo Frank?

This was my immediate thought

Frank is a versatile Combo Guard that is trying to figure things out and still part of the team so I don’t see a problem. You just keep looking to upgrade your roster. Why would this be a problem?

Yeah, Mudiay is far from a pure point. Probably more of a shooting guard. But hey, competition breeds desire. Mudiay has stonger dribble drive game, but his IQ is subpar. Frank probably runs the better at this point and plays better defense.

Both Frank and Mudiay have the size to play SG...not sure that Mudiay has the defensive ability to guard PGs too well, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

2/8/2018  2:36 PM
magicTs wrote:

Glad we didn't give up the Chicago pick...

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2018  2:37 PM
Mudiay can get into the paint and finish... he's the polar opposite to Frank. Mudiay is going to florish in NY. I'm hype... Mudiay is what Frank wish he could be! Yeah I said it
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/8/2018  2:41 PM
EnySpree wrote:Mudiay can get into the paint and finish... he's the polar opposite to Frank. Mudiay is going to florish in NY. I'm hype... Mudiay is what Frank wish he could be! Yeah I said it

frank looks terrible right now but so did kp the second 1/2 of his rookie season. huge transition.

SRacide
Member: #7604

2/8/2018  2:41 PM
mudiay can play instead of THJ?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/8/2018  2:44 PM
Frank, Hardaway, and Mudiay guard rotation, with Dotson and Burke getting some minutes in there. 5 young guards who bring completely different skillsets.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2018  2:45 PM
Love this trade. I think getting Mudiay was a fantastic move. Can't wait to see him in a knock uniform.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire

2/8/2018  2:46 PM
fishmike wrote:Great trade. I am not high on Mudiay. He's been a bad NBA player. However we want to get more athletic and faster. McD had totally faded and FO clearly sees no future for him here. We arent going to spend money to resign him and we arent doing anything this summer FA wise, so for $5mm or whatever is on Mudiay's rookie deal we get a year to look at a 21 year athletic guard.

Gut feeling is Mudiay is another Thanasis type.. athletic but not skilled enough to play that position. That being said this is a super smart trade and we get Horn more guard talent to work with. Smart move by Perry. Considering where the Knicks are this is a solid A move. Got a 21 year old prospect worth a look for nothing.

You are right about McDermott fading...I was a little surprised because he had some great games earlier in the year.

Just a thought, though. I think he benefited when our offense was moving the ball a lot...not sure we have done that as much over the last few weeks.

Welpee
Member: #6239

2/8/2018  2:53 PM
EnySpree wrote:Mudiay can get into the paint and finish... he's the polar opposite to Frank. Mudiay is going to florish in NY. I'm hype... Mudiay is what Frank wish he could be! Yeah I said it
I haven't paid much attention to him, but Mudiay's rep waz he plays some D too. I like this deal, low risk, high upside.
BigDaddyG

2/8/2018  3:01 PM
Welpee wrote:
I haven't paid much attention to him, but Mudiay's rep waz he plays some D too. I like this deal, low risk, high upside.

Rep was that he has the physical tools, but instincts need to be refined. That sums up his game in a nutshell. Similar to Frank, except Mudiay shoots when Frank passes, regardless of shot quality.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/8/2018  3:04 PM
Bummer - the Suns got Elfrid Payton (one of my fave fantasy players for years) for a 2nd round pick. CRAZY! This guy is a halfway decent jumper away from being a superstar. (as it stands, he's like another Rajon Rondo)
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
2/8/2018  3:04 PM
gotta love this.

all upside potential. no downside at all.

BigDaddyG

2/8/2018  3:05 PM

Mudiay isn't really a good finisher either looking at his shooting stats. He looks impressive attacking off the dribble tho.

WaltLongmire

2/8/2018  3:07 PM
Welpee wrote:

Not sure he can play D at the PG slot, though.

There is a reason why Denver is letting him go and other guards...some who aren't necessarily great shooters...surged by him on that team.

Strange that folks aren't wondering why, in his 3rd year, the Nuggets are giving him up.

I'm a Ntilikina fan, of course- so maybe I'm prejudiced, but folks are looking at Mudiay for his pre-draft potential, and not considering the fact that the team which planned to make him their PG centerpiece, are, in essence, giving him up for Devin Harris.

BigDaddyG

2/8/2018  3:07 PM
technomaster wrote:Bummer - the Suns got Elfrid Payton (one of my fave fantasy players for years) for a 2nd round pick. CRAZY! This guy is a halfway decent jumper away from being a superstar. (as it stands, he's like another Rajon Rondo)

I like him too, in the right situation. The fact that he was given away for a second sheds light on KOQ dilemma. KOQ is a good player, but teams won't invest that much in a guy who could leave the following summer.

Mudiay traded to NY!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy