[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

LeBron James is the greatest gm/team president ever
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2018  2:05 PM
Have you ever seen anything like what took place today? Never seen a team completely revamp itself like that. Incredible
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2018  2:20 PM
They have pieces to move and the balls to make it happen. Traded Wade? Wow!!!
Moved Issiah who can't keep his mouth shut. Took on salary and got younger.
Kept the Nets pick too. I guess DRose is cooked?
Funny but Cavs can always trade Nets pick after the season if lebron wants to stay, or keep the pick and mentor the yoot.
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

2/8/2018  4:09 PM
Yup...doubt if we have ever seen anything like it...Literally a late season house cleaning and rebuild for a team that is the

Defending conference champion
team folks expected to be conference champion again
3rd seed in conference (even though they were under-performing)

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/8/2018  8:19 PM
Nalod wrote:They have pieces to move and the balls to make it happen. Traded Wade? Wow!!!
Moved Issiah who can't keep his mouth shut. Took on salary and got younger.
Kept the Nets pick too. I guess DRose is cooked?
Funny but Cavs can always trade Nets pick after the season if lebron wants to stay, or keep the pick and mentor the yoot.

They will win the lottery watch

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/8/2018  9:58 PM
Cleveland had an incredible deadline. I can't imagine how they could have done better without giving up the Brooklyn pick.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

2/10/2018  3:10 AM
EnySpree wrote:Have you ever seen anything like what took place today? Never seen a team completely revamp itself like that. Incredible

Cavs helped themselves, somewhat, short term. Long term, they really hurt themselves.

Short term - They got younger, they got more length, they helped their long range shooting, they got more athletic

Long term - George Hill was, at best, just a shade under replacement level at the end in Indiana. He had a nice comeback with Utah, but he's owed 20 million for the next two seasons. Add in Tristan Thompson and that's going to get ugly for several years. Clarkson is a chucker. He also has a negative reputation of liking the celebrity athlete lifestyle a little too much. Hood is going to walk, he helps their shooting a ton, he's not that great a defender. Nance Jr gives them length and good defense/energy, the problem is he won't fit well on the floor with Thompson at the same time and he's a true power forward. The Cavs didn't need another PF, they need rim protection. And more wing defense.

While Crowder did not play well for them, he was one of the best wing contracts in the league. They also needed more of his defense, no subtracting it. The big man rotation is still a problem. Thompson is an energy guy who can't defend the rim/space the floor who gave up on energy to bang a Kardashian. Love is hurt and it's unclear what he will give and both have been roasted by the Warriors in the past. On a macro level, the Cavs traded Kyrie Irving and a first round pick for not all that much. They also cleared space for the Lakers to take LBJ from them in the offseason.

From a playoff standpoint, much is said about "team chemistry" but here is the troubling issue. With major roster turnover, those teams tend not to execute well with 5 seconds or less on the shot clock in the playoffs. This is where veteran teams like the Spurs shine in the playoffs. Having the rapport and time in with the team's core to execute well when the game changes. Playoff games require more ball security. More focus on maximizing each possession. Shorter rotations. Looking for matchup exploits.

The Cavs gave up a lot. It looks like they made huge moves to help themselves on paper, but they gave up assets for short term help that won't move the needle against the Warriors.

LBJ is no genius. He can't actually play real team basketball. It's why he needs to be surrounded by shooters instead of an actual free flowing offense. These moves are not as great as they might appear on the surface level. However these pundits in the media work for corporations and those corporations have a relationship to the networks and those networks want to make Nike happy, so more soft serve "LBJ is so awesome" narratives.

He's an idiot. If he was so smart, the Cavs wouldn't need to trade half their team to start.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/10/2018  6:28 AM
Even if LeBron leaves they still have the nets pick so they can draft a small fwd... they killed it. I think teams are worried about LeBron when he leaves the NBA as much as he's playing in the nba.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/10/2018  8:12 AM
Lebron has been a horrible evaluator of players. He secured $86mm for Tristan Thompson, chases Kyrie out of town,
And pulled D Wade back in for wasted bucks. Don’t even ask about J.R. Fact that you even think Gilbert let LBJ bear these deals is naive.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/10/2018  10:58 AM
Paris907 wrote:Lebron has been a horrible evaluator of players. He secured $86mm for Tristan Thompson, chases Kyrie out of town,
And pulled D Wade back in for wasted bucks. Don’t even ask about J.R. Fact that you even think Gilbert let LBJ bear these deals is naive.

Agree giving credit to LeBron for trades is a reach. And if he was so smart helping the Lakers make cap space for next season, why would he send Isiah Thomas there when he clearly can't coexist with him?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

2/10/2018  12:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:Even if LeBron leaves they still have the nets pick so they can draft a small fwd... they killed it. I think teams are worried about LeBron when he leaves the NBA as much as he's playing in the nba.

ANY TEAM IN THE NBA CAN GET BETTER FOR 6 MONTHS IF THEY SACRIFICE THE NEXT FOUR YEARS.

Any team. Any one of them. Nearly all teams don't do it because it's just an irresponsible way to run a team.

If doing what the Cavs did actually worked, more teams would do it. They don't. For a reason.

The Cavs traded Kyrie Irving and their first round pick for

A) An aging and declining point guard ( low positional value) who has two more years at 20 million a year
B) A nice young gunner who will walk at the end of this season
C) An energy/glue guy with length who can help the defense but doesn't help their glut at PF and doesn't offer the elite rim protection they need
D) A chucker from LA who would rather have his own reality show than be better at basketball. The Lakers tried to trade this dude for a long time and no one wanted him. Not until they found a team that would take his contract.

None of the moves they make will stop the Warriors. The Warriors need to suffer at least two massive injuries for any other NBA team to have a chance.

All the players they got were available for a reason. LBJ isn't a genius, he just pushed his franchise to do the irresponsible thing for the long term. The Cavs are going to be a repeater tax paying team for Tristan Thompson, JR Smith and George Hill. Lovely.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/12/2018  8:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2018  8:45 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Even if LeBron leaves they still have the nets pick so they can draft a small fwd... they killed it. I think teams are worried about LeBron when he leaves the NBA as much as he's playing in the nba.

ANY TEAM IN THE NBA CAN GET BETTER FOR 6 MONTHS IF THEY SACRIFICE THE NEXT FOUR YEARS.

Any team. Any one of them. Nearly all teams don't do it because it's just an irresponsible way to run a team.

If doing what the Cavs did actually worked, more teams would do it. They don't. For a reason.

The Cavs traded Kyrie Irving and their first round pick for

A) An aging and declining point guard ( low positional value) who has two more years at 20 million a year
B) A nice young gunner who will walk at the end of this season
C) An energy/glue guy with length who can help the defense but doesn't help their glut at PF and doesn't offer the elite rim protection they need
D) A chucker from LA who would rather have his own reality show than be better at basketball. The Lakers tried to trade this dude for a long time and no one wanted him. Not until they found a team that would take his contract.

None of the moves they make will stop the Warriors. The Warriors need to suffer at least two massive injuries for any other NBA team to have a chance.

All the players they got were available for a reason. LBJ isn't a genius, he just pushed his franchise to do the irresponsible thing for the long term. The Cavs are going to be a repeater tax paying team for Tristan Thompson, JR Smith and George Hill. Lovely.

This is all just anti Lebron hate narrative. Without much support. Who did they give up?
1)An expiring, coming off injury player, that would not help them this year.
2) An old vet that has been out of rotation in Frye
3) A has been former NY PG in Rose
4) A constantly injured guard that can't make an outside shot in Shump
5) An overpaid wing that has been a dud in Crowder.
You want to talk chuckers, they got rid of 5 of their worst 3pt. shooters in 1 day.
The future? Your talking like a losing Knick fan accustomed to waiting till next year. To some the future is when you have a chance to win a CHIP!!! not dreaming about some future possibility 5 years from now.
Btw....did they give up their Brooklyn pick??

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
LeBron James is the greatest gm/team president ever

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy