[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thoughts on Mudiay?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/8/2018  11:16 PM
fishmike wrote:Have you watched Mudiay? He's a bad NBA player.

Lol

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/9/2018  12:17 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
smackeddog wrote:What would he be like at the SG spot?

I think that this is what will happen. He's improved his shooting and his defensive limitations won't be as much of an issue at SG.

I watched him a lot his first year, and me used to drift from his man defensively in an alarming way. He seems to be a poor perimeter defender, but I have not watched him as much this year.

For me the most promising thing is that he has improved his shot from distance, and his foul shooting has improved dramatically since his rookie year.

It also looks like he has gotten larger physically, but I don't know how much weight he's gained. He does look like he's filled out, which would help him defending at the 2.

I think Larry Hughes is a good comp. He can play some 1, but he's probably better off at the 2. Larry was always an average shooter from three, but he learned to get to the line to compensate.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
2/9/2018  4:19 AM
I don't really like this move.... McDermott was our best cutter and also a decent shooter. I don't know what Mudiay gets us. We need more ball movement and shooting, not less...

I really liked what McDermott brought to the table, it's a shame we weren't at a point where we could really take advantage of him. Our talent deficit is too high.

Rose is not the answer.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/9/2018  5:24 AM
knickstorrents wrote:I don't really like this move.... McDermott was our best cutter and also a decent shooter. I don't know what Mudiay gets us. We need more ball movement and shooting, not less...

I really liked what McDermott brought to the table, it's a shame we weren't at a point where we could really take advantage of him. Our talent deficit is too high.

They both suck i just don't get why the Knicks want PG's that can't shoot at all

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

2/9/2018  6:48 AM
The knock on Mudiay is his shooting. It’s interesting to note that he’s shooting 37% from 3 this year. Not great but improving. Our highest volume 3 point shooter is hoisting up 7 a game and hitting 31% of them. I don’t think Hardaway’s horrible 3 point shooting gets talked about enough. It’s a real problem for the Knicks.
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/9/2018  7:20 AM
FrenchFreak wrote:The knock on Mudiay is his shooting. It’s interesting to note that he’s shooting 37% from 3 this year. Not great but improving. Our highest volume 3 point shooter is hoisting up 7 a game and hitting 31% of them. I don’t think Hardaway’s horrible 3 point shooting gets talked about enough. It’s a real problem for the Knicks.

No, shooting is not the only knock on Mudiay. I don't have a problem with the trade but I'm not really expecting Mudiay to amount to much. His assists and A/TO are bad for a PG and he's a terrible defensive player. He's still young but right now he doesn't make a single positive contribution on the court.

You're right about THJr. He's not as bad a player as the last few games but he's not that good and he doesn't shoot the ball well; only a career 34.7% from 3.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/9/2018  9:38 AM
knickstorrents wrote:I don't really like this move.... McDermott was our best cutter and also a decent shooter. I don't know what Mudiay gets us. We need more ball movement and shooting, not less...

McD always played with a lot of energy, but his deal is expiring, and I believe we can do better.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/9/2018  9:39 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Everyone who wanted to draft Mudiay, man up!

I am glad Jackson didn't listen to me on this one. However, I'm glad we got him on the cheap. Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

GustavBahler

2/9/2018  9:47 AM
Moonangie wrote:

I am glad Jackson didn't listen to me on this one. However, I'm glad we got him on the cheap. Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

Agree, and props to everyone who admitted wanting to pick him as well, Dont remember that many posters wanting Mudiay.
I agree that a change of scenery might do him good.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2018  9:55 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

Agree, and props to everyone who admitted wanting to pick him as well, Dont remember that many posters wanting Mudiay.

I loved OK4 in that draft which tells you what I know. Russell was another I was super high on. I would have been fine with Mudiay so tells you what I know. Being so wrong is what had me "wait and see" with Frank and I like his ceiling very very much.

Im not bullish on Mudiay. He's just not been a good player in the league but he's 21, shown flashes and only a couple years ago was highly regarded. Sometimes these guys take more time and teams constantly capitalize on other team's lack of patience or. What I like this TRADE so much is we gave up nothing... McD was a goner and Im not really concerned about moving down in round 2. This was a smart move to bring in another young guy to evaluate.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

2/9/2018  10:06 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

I loved OK4 in that draft which tells you what I know. Russell was another I was super high on. I would have been fine with Mudiay so tells you what I know. Being so wrong is what had me "wait and see" with Frank and I like his ceiling very very much.

Im not bullish on Mudiay. He's just not been a good player in the league but he's 21, shown flashes and only a couple years ago was highly regarded. Sometimes these guys take more time and teams constantly capitalize on other team's lack of patience or. What I like this TRADE so much is we gave up nothing... McD was a goner and Im not really concerned about moving down in round 2. This was a smart move to bring in another young guy to evaluate.

I remember you being high on Russell as well, one of the first. I admit I would have been satisfied with Okafor. I really didnt have a strong opinion either way on KP. Wasnt against the pick.

Something tells me that Okafor in time might prove to be a better player than we've seen. Was a real f'ed up situation in Philly, and he didnt do himself any favors with his club drama.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/9/2018  10:10 AM
I favored Mudiay after Russell got picked. But didn't really feel Mudiay was a can't miss prospect. More so he was a projected lottery talent PG and Melo needed a PG bad. Towns was the only player really coveted. Didn't really know to much about KP other then he looked great at his Knicks workout video. Didn't really start following up on him as a prospect until after we drafted him. But was good with the move since I had no problem with the Knicks swinging for the fences. Knicks needed to land a game changing player for once.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/9/2018  12:07 PM
Man Mudiay is super talented, pg’s take time to develop, look at Conley,Lowery both stars that took time to develop both highly regarded in the draft both took years to develop into starting rotation players. Heck we could have had Lowery for stump and Felton!! The talent is there, Change of scenery and more PT is needed I’d say give Mudiay the rains for the rest of the year. The kid could bloom into a star, talent is not the question and he’s already one of our best three point shooters at 37%. Great trade value for mcbrickets
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2018  5:20 PM
Imagine if we traded Melo for Kanter and the 7th 1st round pick.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/9/2018  5:32 PM
Nalod wrote:Imagine if we traded Melo for Kanter and the 7th 1st round pick.

HaHa true that...

Don’t have a problem with Mudiay trade, if anything it breeds competition between him & Frank during practice and in the off-season. This will make them both better players who are still very young.

The Hernangomez trade I had a problem with bc he was under a team friendly contract for 2 years and has a similar post up game to Kantor. I know Kyle is the likeable locker room guy from queens,but he should’ve been traded, not Willy. If anything wait till offseason to get more value for KP’s best bud.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/9/2018  5:58 PM
This is an informative video on some of Mudiay’s problems.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
2/9/2018  6:24 PM
he lets go of the ball too late on his shot
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2018  7:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

I find it ridiculous that guys are quick to say he sucks but are willing to give Frank the starting spot.... Frank is horrible so far. Also alot of guys wanted Willy to start when he also played terrible this year.... but Mudiay is a bum. Mudiay is the only one that averaged 12 and 11 pts a game his first two seasons... so much for being terrible. I can't wait too see the kid in a knick uniform

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2018  7:34 PM
nixluva wrote:This is an informative video on some of Mudiay’s problems.

It's a low light video. You can make one for LeBron James and make him look like a reward too.

I think it's weird we're concerned more with bad stuff than good....

I'd rather focus on what he does do well

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler

2/9/2018  8:14 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

I find it ridiculous that guys are quick to say he sucks but are willing to give Frank the starting spot.... Frank is horrible so far. Also alot of guys wanted Willy to start when he also played terrible this year.... but Mudiay is a bum. Mudiay is the only one that averaged 12 and 11 pts a game his first two seasons... so much for being terrible. I can't wait too see the kid in a knick uniform

I have no problem with bringing Mudiay to NY, low risk, potentially high reward move. I am skeptical myself that he'll be an impact player. Has the worst defensive plus minus for a PG in the league, not to mention the sketchy offense these days. Im guessing that most of us are in the same boat. In favor of the trade, pleasantly surprised,
if Mudiay makes the most of his opportunity.

I wouldnt sweat it, we'll see him in action soon enough. Maybe this will help Frank be more assertive.

If the only positive from this move is that it helps Frank step up his game, then it would have been worth it. Id much rather see Mudiay help Frank flip the switch, so to speak, then see him fail in NY.

Mudiay pans out in NY, you will have plenty of opportunities to remind everyone.

Thoughts on Mudiay?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy