[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Perry with the shot clock running down
Author Thread
rpknicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6003

2/7/2018  8:33 PM
To not get more deals done in the next 24 hours would be a failure for the knicks. I don't expect any home runs, but we can't strike out either. I think the willy deal was fair and in a tight market, a positive move.

Lee has to go now. Best case scenario is a future first but I think we're going to see another pair of 2nd rounders. Perry's hand is a bit exposed ( now that most of the world believes we should be tanking) and I just don't see any obvious takers with the goods. Boston popped up as they have the assets and with the run they are making this year, could use a steady vet in the playoffs.

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/7/2018  8:36 PM
Agree. Obviously KOQ trade would be ideal. If they could somehow get a first for Lee that would be terrific
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2018  8:38 PM
Perry will get drunk with Dolan and forget about the deadline. Then he’ll make the worst deal possible.
He is our BlameGame object.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/7/2018  8:44 PM
I think it's good that we've given up on this season early enough to do something about it. The only ethical way to do this is by trading our talent away so that our players can play as hard as they can... and still lose. They're still playing for jobs next year.

I think if we're lucky we'll get a second rounder for Lee. An interesting possibility is trading for a player like Smart, basically someone on a rookie year contract that doesn't have any more "automatic" options. As I understand it, if we were to trade for him, as a 4th year player, the team that has his rights just has to put out a qualifying offer that is 30% higher than his 4th year salary. At this point the player can accept the offer, or find a contract from another team and the Knicks would have the right to match.

This approach would apply to players from the 2014 NBA draft.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2014.html

In any case, I'm glad our direction is clear for the remainder of this season.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/7/2018  8:45 PM
Shaka, when the walls fell...
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2018  8:52 PM
rpknicks wrote:To not get more deals done in the next 24 hours would be a failure for the knicks. I don't expect any home runs, but we can't strike out either. I think the willy deal was fair and in a tight market, a positive move.

Lee has to go now. Best case scenario is a future first but I think we're going to see another pair of 2nd rounders. Perry's hand is a bit exposed ( now that most of the world believes we should be tanking) and I just don't see any obvious takers with the goods. Boston popped up as they have the assets and with the run they are making this year, could use a steady vet in the playoffs.

I think the obvious place for Lee is OKC. Not sure what they have to give up in a trade though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/7/2018  9:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
rpknicks wrote:To not get more deals done in the next 24 hours would be a failure for the knicks. I don't expect any home runs, but we can't strike out either. I think the willy deal was fair and in a tight market, a positive move.

I think the obvious place for Lee is OKC. Not sure what they have to give up in a trade though.

Actually, this a perfect location for him. He can play D like Roberson, but unlike Andre, Lee can actually shoot the ball. He would be a perfect fit because he is fine playing without the ball and spotting up.

Not sure what they could give us, as you say, but they're also cap challenged at this point- looks like they are only surpassed in salaries by GS and the Cavs.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2018  9:43 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Actually, this a perfect location for him. He can play D like Roberson, but unlike Andre, Lee can actually shoot the ball. He would be a perfect fit because he is fine playing without the ball and spotting up.

Not sure what they could give us, as you say, but they're also cap challenged at this point- looks like they are only surpassed in salaries by GS and the Cavs.

How about KOQ, Lee for Patterson, Ferguson and Abrines? Salaries work. Do it?

Patterson is 2 more years but only at $5M. Abrines 1 more year at $5.5

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/8/2018  6:10 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Shaka, when the walls fell...

Darmok on the ocean
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018  8:46 AM
so other teams are out to help the Knicks? Are bad deals better than no deals? This makes zero sense.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2018  9:54 AM
fishmike wrote:so other teams are out to help the Knicks? Are bad deals better than no deals? This makes zero sense.

Seriously.... so our gm is supposed to make multiple trades in less than 24 gotta and they all gotta be grand slams? Sheesh

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  10:12 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Shaka, when the walls fell...

Darmok on the ocean

🏆🤓

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/8/2018  10:18 AM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:so other teams are out to help the Knicks? Are bad deals better than no deals? This makes zero sense.

Seriously.... so our gm is supposed to make multiple trades in less than 24 gotta and they all gotta be grand slams? Sheesh

I expect them to trade Lee for another center because he has 1 yr less on his contract, that seems to be the pattern

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/8/2018  10:32 AM
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Oklahoma City Thunder are expected to have interest in veteran center Joakim Noah if he's waived or bought out by the New York Knicks, league executives told ESPN's Ian Begley.

The Knicks may look for a deal involving Noah ahead of Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, but that would be a tall order given the fact his contract has two years left after this season at nearly $38 million.

Noah is away from the team after a run-in with head coach Jeff Hornacek, and isn't expected to suit up for the Knicks again. He remains opposed to a contract buyout, according to Begley.

The 32-year-old former Defensive Player of the Year played under Wolves coach Tom Thibodeau with the Chicago Bulls, and his college coach, Billy Donovan, is the Thunder bench boss.

I really would take anything for NOAH, I would even take a contract that matches his if the player can fill a void (pg,sf,pf)

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2018  3:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Oklahoma City Thunder are expected to have interest in veteran center Joakim Noah if he's waived or bought out by the New York Knicks, league executives told ESPN's Ian Begley.

The Knicks may look for a deal involving Noah ahead of Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, but that would be a tall order given the fact his contract has two years left after this season at nearly $38 million.

Noah is away from the team after a run-in with head coach Jeff Hornacek, and isn't expected to suit up for the Knicks again. He remains opposed to a contract buyout, according to Begley.

The 32-year-old former Defensive Player of the Year played under Wolves coach Tom Thibodeau with the Chicago Bulls, and his college coach, Billy Donovan, is the Thunder bench boss.

I really would take anything for NOAH, I would even take a contract that matches his if the player can fill a void (pg,sf,pf)

You make it sound like those deals are just lined up for the taking. Why not post a few ideas to turn the concept into a tangable fantasy?
at the very least.

Perry with the shot clock running down

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy