[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time to Trade Lee so Dotson can shine
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/7/2018  8:18 PM
Dotson paid his dues this year. Time to turn him lose. Lee at 32 years old has had his time. KP is out so we gotta find Lee a new home. Hats off to him cuz he played so hard for us, having his best year... we should be able to get something decent for him... a waivable player, pick and a youngin. Doesn't have to be crazy.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

2/7/2018  8:20 PM
EnySpree wrote:Dotson paid his dues this year. Time to turn him lose. Lee at 32 years old has had his time. KP is out so we gotta find Lee a new home. Hats off to him cuz he played so hard for us, having his best year... we should be able to get something decent for him... a waivable player, pick and a youngin. Doesn't have to be crazy.

Trade THJR as well while we are at it

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/7/2018  8:22 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Dotson paid his dues this year. Time to turn him lose. Lee at 32 years old has had his time. KP is out so we gotta find Lee a new home. Hats off to him cuz he played so hard for us, having his best year... we should be able to get something decent for him... a waivable player, pick and a youngin. Doesn't have to be crazy.

Uh-oh, I feel a name change coming on

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/7/2018  8:29 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Uh-oh, I feel a name change coming on

LOL - I already tried once, asked to have my name changed to 67 Shelby. But it was completely ignored by the mods...

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/7/2018  8:30 PM
I was all for keeping Lee, but at this point, i agree. Lee has some value and we need to see if Dotson can become a capable rotation player.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2018  8:39 PM
Lee has a lot of money still owed him. If we got squat for Willy, we'd probably have to include a pick or two to get a team to take Lee

But everyone should be available- KP, THjr, Lee, Dotson, Kanter.

Obviously, some make a lot more sense to move.

If I can clear Lee off my cap, I do it. I don't need anything back. Unfortunately, dumping him is the price we pay for having Noah.

What an awful summer that was with Phil - trading Lopez who basically has played EVERY game for Noah, Derek Rose & Lee.

How much better would we be if we had not made those deals & perhaps even not resigned Melo. Playing it out in my head is depressing.

EnySpree

2/7/2018  8:47 PM
franco12 wrote:Lee has a lot of money still owed him. If we got squat for Willy, we'd probably have to include a pick or two to get a team to take Lee

If I can clear Lee off my cap, I do it. I don't need anything back. Unfortunately, dumping him is the price we pay for having Noah.

What an awful summer that was with Phil - trading Lopez who basically has played EVERY game for Noah, Derek Rose & Lee.

How much better would we be if we had not made those deals & perhaps even not resigned Melo. Playing it out in my head is depressing.

We can only deal with now.... if we keep looking back we're gonna start stressing over the Richie Guerin years

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
2/7/2018  9:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2018  9:08 PM
franco12 wrote:Lee has a lot of money still owed him. If we got squat for Willy, we'd probably have to include a pick or two to get a team to take Lee

KP should not and will not be made available. We are trying to build here. This injury does not effect him long-term. Let's not do the typical "Knick" thing here. Let's stay committed to something for once. You make him available then word gets out quick and that trust is broken. That trust will prevent any hope of people wanting to play here. The circus will continue. We are trying to build something here, and it starts with Porzingis, injury or not.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/7/2018  9:09 PM

He doesn't have a terrible contract, and on a good team he would have a lot of value. I thought we would work Dotson in during the season and deal Lee at the trade deadline, but as long as we had a chance, even a slim one, I thought we should keep him because he was playing well... but now?

This has been the best statistical year of his career, from what I can see. He is a good 3 pt shooter, and has played a more diverse game than usual as far as attacking the basket this year (from what I can see). Doesn't make a lot of mistakes as a player...does not need the ball to be effective, and he has playoff experience.

Both Lee and KOQ have the ability to help a contending team, and should net us some assets.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Welpee
Member: #6239

2/7/2018  10:14 PM
Totally disagree with this. Lee would be a valuable addition to just about any playoff team. What we would get in return, I have no idea. But no way we'd have to add a pick just to move Lee.

We didn't get squat for Willy because he hasn't produced squat.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/7/2018  11:21 PM
So confused here....what in the world as Dotson done to generate so much love on this site?????

ENY, it's time to put everyone on the block. No one is off limits at this point

EnySpree

2/8/2018  7:48 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:So confused here....what in the world as Dotson done to generate so much love on this site?????

Lee is old and won't help us in 2 years... Dotson is a rookie.

What else is there to know?

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/8/2018  9:13 AM
Dotson's an athletic catch-and-shoot player with the tools to be a solid wing defender. He won the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament MVP in 2017. We need to see if he's got the bball IQ to put it all together at the NBA player.

Compared to Lee:
* Dotson is raw and will help us lose more in the short term.
* his contract is significantly less
* potential - the hope that experience vs NBA-level competition will help him improve his game
* his age fits with our "being good" timeline

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
EnySpree

2/8/2018  9:43 AM
I been looking though... tere really isn't a deal we can make that makes any sense for us... maybe we do a multi team trade. Perry has his work cut out for him
Knixkik
USA
2/8/2018  9:47 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:So confused here....what in the world as Dotson done to generate so much love on this site?????

Dotson looks the part of a nice future rotation player. Good shooter, good athlete, good defensive tools.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/8/2018  10:11 AM

Swish, it happens every year. People invest so much hope in players that haven't played significant minutes, then call for them to start. Within half a season, they are deemed trash and everyone is asking to trade them for a "second rounder". Its a battered housewife syndrome. "Things will be different this time"

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/8/2018  10:17 AM
I can't wait for the "trade Ntilikina for a couple of second rounders" posts. I think I'll vomit.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018  10:25 AM
Welpee wrote:
Totally disagree with this. Lee would be a valuable addition to just about any playoff team. What we would get in return, I have no idea. But no way we'd have to add a pick just to move Lee.

We didn't get squat for Willy because he hasn't produced squat.

Franco is a Nets fan now. Whats he know?

Agree 100% on the thread.
Once Frank's knee is better he should be back at 25+ minutes. Dotson and Burke should be getting starter type minutes.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/8/2018  10:27 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

He doesn't have a terrible contract, and on a good team he would have a lot of value. I thought we would work Dotson in during the season and deal Lee at the trade deadline, but as long as we had a chance, even a slim one, I thought we should keep him because he was playing well... but now?

This has been the best statistical year of his career, from what I can see. He is a good 3 pt shooter, and has played a more diverse game than usual as far as attacking the basket this year (from what I can see). Doesn't make a lot of mistakes as a player...does not need the ball to be effective, and he has playoff experience.

Both Lee and KOQ have the ability to help a contending team, and should net us some assets.

On a contending team he would be terrific, but his salary runs 2 more yrs and he's 32, KOQ is opting out next season, are you really giving up a 1st pick for one yr at best.

The most were getting his a 2nd rounder and a fringe player

ES
ankurk
Member: #6075

2/8/2018  10:31 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

On a contending team he would be terrific, but his salary runs 2 more yrs and he's 32, KOQ is opting out next season, are you really giving up a 1st pick for one yr at best.

The most were getting his a 2nd rounder and a fringe player

A second round pick is better than nothing. He will leave.
Take anything that might turn into something.

Time to Trade Lee so Dotson can shine

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy