[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

You still have Faith in the FO?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2018  5:32 PM
someone suggested THjr, for Mudiay and Faried. Obviously someone does not think high of THjr.
That's an opinion.
Is Mudiay a good player? not really, sort of the love child or Pearl Washington and Isiah "JR" Rider. Tools are their.
This kid was hyped. In the vein of "Derrik Williams, Anthony Randolph, and Beasley", there is a talent and an opportunity.
Mudiay has an opportunity to get it together and become a better player. He is young, he has talent and he is learning it takes more than that to succeed.
We are presented with an opportunity to renovate.
That's all I see, an opportunity. That's how luck is created, thru opportunities.
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/8/2018  5:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  6:18 PM
nixluva wrote:It’s very hard to make deals from a position of weakness. Perry didn’t have the strength of position and took a more conservative approach. Can’t bash him for that. McD wasn’t a difference maker but Mudiay at least has the upside left to take a look at.

Think I agree. Or he just didnt make the right calls. Utah and Orlando seemed to be dumping.

However, agree that it's better than some panic move. And definately like Mudiay for Doug

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2018  5:48 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:It’s very hard to make deals from a position of weakness. Perry didn’t have the strength of position and took a more conservative approach. Can’t bash him for that. McD wasn’t a difference maker but Mudiay at least has the upside left to take a look at.

Think I agree. Or he just didnt make the right calls. Utah and Orlando seemed to be dumping.

However, agree that it's better than some panic move. And dedinately like Mudiay for Doug

Orlando tried to take advantage of us and it backfired and Rodney Hill, due the one-year left on his deal, is probably more enticing to Cleveland. Don't worry,the moves will come once we get more pics and cap space
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/8/2018  5:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  5:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:So if Willy is so great and the rest of the NBA knows it but Perry /Mills don’t.....why did NOBODY offer up more than 2 2nds?

It’s not due to devaluing him because evaluators would still grab the talent if the talent is cheap.

Bottom line as in 9o% of trades....we got what the market offered

WARNING WARNING! LOGIC ALERT! LOGIC ALERT!

I can't believe we couldn't have down better. And how exactly do we know Perry didn't just find the one place with as much depth ahead of him as here to stick it to him?

I want to believe our GM wasn't acting vengefully. I do.

Just, I have a hard time getting excited about two future first round draft picks after what I saw Willy do here last year.

what did you see him do? Did he play defense last year? After a nice rookie season the scouting report is good offensive player, no defense, no rim protection. If you covet that Greg Monroe just signed for $5mm.

Also dont you think the FO knows what he can and cant do? You cant believe Knicks didnt get more... dont you think they tried? I mean the assumptions made around here are mind numbing.

I liked Willy too. He couldnt break the rotation and demanded to be traded. When he did play he showed no sense of urgency. If you read around many think he's back in Spain after his NBA deal is up

I think this trade was all about his request, you can not have a player complaining of PT in your locker room.

There is no reason for me to believe this was the best offer, this was a super conservative trade, zero risk.

Mills and perry have been involved in such losing culture for so long, it doesn't bother them to any real extent.

you are really the worst dude. You make crap up then make up more crap to back it up.

They are rebuilding. They have said this. Look around. Willy wasnt bringing back a star player or a first rounder. He couldnt beat KOQ for minutes and when he got them he looked terrible.

Knicks got young and more athletic moving McD for Mudiay, and they get 2nd rounders for a guy who didnt want to be here. When was the last time a 2nd round pick asked for a trade? But yea... you know. You know Mills and Perry had better offers. STFU your a donkey

Think Fish is on Tilt. His predictions for Noah,Phil,,Frank,Rose etc etc, and now KP hurt.

I don't know if you remember saying this. Since it was so long ago but...now you think he is what?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018 11:22 AM
Have you watched Mudiay? He's a bad NBA player

I know the internet is very challenging for you to navigate so Ill provide you the quote:

Great trade. I am not high on Mudiay. He's been a bad NBA player. However we want to get more athletic and faster. McD had totally faded and FO clearly sees no future for him here. We arent going to spend money to resign him and we arent doing anything this summer FA wise, so for $5mm or whatever is on Mudiay's rookie deal we get a year to look at a 21 year athletic guard.
Gut feeling is Mudiay is another Thanasis type.. athletic but not skilled enough to play that position. That being said this is a super smart trade and we get Horn more guard talent to work with. Smart move by Perry. Considering where the Knicks are this is a solid A move. Got a 21 year old prospect worth a look for nothing.

Dude I have been saying willy sucked since last season, I recognize his soft no defense playing ass back then. You told me i didn't know what I was talking about back then as well.

For weeks we have been hearing teams was asking about willy, and the only thing worse than this trade would be receiving just one 2nd round pick..Are you telling me his value dipped that low..cmon man

Let me tell you something, anybody on this damn board could have negotiated a trade like that, im not impress by that BS trade and neither are you

ES
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

2/8/2018  6:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I think they did great. I am really excited about Mudiay. He was considered a potential #1 overall pick coming out of high school and he is still just 21. Buckets was gone after this season. I also think they did fine in the Willy trade. Willy wanted out and he wasn't out working the guys ahead of him. I think there may have been something up between Willy and the coaches but he did not play with the urgency of a guy trying to get more minutes or crack the rotation when he was on the court.

this has been one of my theories too. Perhaps not practicing hard or going freelance on O or D. I loved the guy last year and saw immense promise; this year has been a complete puzzle

We still need athletic (and smart) 4s and 3s

(5)(5)
TPercy
Member: #5748

2/8/2018  6:19 PM
Mudiay trade was nice but they are still on my ****list for the Willy trade. Its simply inexcusable how you get virtually feck all for an arguable ROY candidate last year.
The Future is Bright!
Nalod
USA
2/9/2018  9:10 AM
Knicks1248, Your right, Perry did draft him. 13pts, avg per game.
Not a bad player and not a bust, but he is a FA and not a keeper to commit to. It’s why he is cheap,
I suppose you think the makes Perry the worst human ever.
Mudiay we get for one more year on his rookie deal then he is Restricted.
knicks1248
2/9/2018  11:09 PM
we probably finish with the worst record in the east
ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/9/2018  11:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:we probably finish with the worst record in the east
based on winning percentage the Hawks will win a total of 23 games. The Knicks would have to lose every game and hold the tie breaker to have the worst record.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/9/2018  11:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
based on winning percentage the Hawks will win a total of 23 games. The Knicks would have to lose every game and hold the tie breaker to have the worst record.

Right, and it's not only Hawks but CHI, Magic, and Nets.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/10/2018  1:01 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Right, and it's not only Hawks but CHI, Magic, and Nets.

We are only 2,3,4 games in the loss column from 2nd worst record in east

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/10/2018  11:20 AM
I don't like the Willy trade he was young and cheap. But I am willing to give these guys time. They haven't really done a lot. I think we overpaid for THJR as well.

I am somewhat alarmed that we keep focusing on guards after a almost a full season without any SFs on the roster. Not sure what their focus is and their moves don't add up to their started goal. Building a culture of positions basketball with two way players is a great goal. Not one of the people they have signed play legit defense.

Also their coach seems to be not in the same page and is not developing young players. How many total minutes did Dotson get this season? Willy and Noah couldn't get it the bench evening in garbage time with injuries to key players. Frank is foundering, this doesn't read like a team trying to commit to youth.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

2/10/2018  12:04 PM
I'm starting to think that the NY media is the main problem with the Knicks. I used to think they kept the front office honest and exposed them, but now it seems they just try to manufacture stories as click bait. Too many papers competing against each other and drama always sells.

They were the ones that built KP up as our savior instead of just a good up and coming young player who can be a piece of the rebuild.

They are the ones who portrayed Phil as an idiot when he primarily knew what he was doing.

And now they are the ones trying to act like Frank isn't exceeding expectations. Frank is doing great. Just because he isn't a selfish shoot first PG, doesn't mean he isn't doing really well as a 19 yo rookie.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2018  1:23 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Also their coach seems to be not in the same page and is not developing young players. How many total minutes did Dotson get this season? Willy and Noah couldn't get it the bench evening in garbage time with injuries to key players. Frank is foundering, this doesn't read like a team trying to commit to youth.

What you meant to say was that the coaching staff didn't give minutes to guys you wanted to play when you thought they should, there is just no 2 ways around that. And the young guys who did get minutes, you just forgot about that or didn't like they way they played?

List out the young guys, the time they got relative to players ahead of them. Add in GLeague usage. Balance culture and winning and defense.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
2/10/2018  2:02 PM
90sKnicks wrote:I'm starting to think that the NY media is the main problem with the Knicks. I used to think they kept the front office honest and exposed them, but now it seems they just try to manufacture stories as click bait. Too many papers competing against each other and drama always sells.

They were the ones that built KP up as our savior instead of just a good up and coming young player who can be a piece of the rebuild.

They are the ones who portrayed Phil as an idiot when he primarily knew what he was doing.

And now they are the ones trying to act like Frank isn't exceeding expectations. Frank is doing great. Just because he isn't a selfish shoot first PG, doesn't mean he isn't doing really well as a 19 yo rookie.

If you put a smart book worm in the streets to survive and hustle, he is going to look like an idiot. I say that to say, phil is an idiot when it comes to certain things, and dead on when it comes to other things.

Right now frank is trash, if he wasn't, we would be a better team, and Burke amd Mudiay would never be in the picture.

85% of draft picks don't live up to their potential. Tim Thomas was a suppose to be the next Odom, kept showing flashes for years, he is the perfect example

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/10/2018  2:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:league going crazy with trades
Perry doing his Donnie Walsh impersonation, taking a mid afternoon nap and telling his secretary not to wake him
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

When asked when the knicks will be a winning team he gave them this look

Has this guy ever built a winner?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/10/2018  2:54 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Perry doing his Donnie Walsh impersonation, taking a mid afternoon nap and telling his secretary not to wake him

Perry was hired as a front office executive for the Detroit Pistons by president Joe Dumars in June 2000. As a member of their executive team, Perry assisted in building a roster that went to six Eastern Conference Finals appearances (2003-2008), two Eastern Conference Championships (2004, 2005) and the 2004 NBA championship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Perry_(basketball)
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
2/10/2018  4:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Perry was hired as a front office executive for the Detroit Pistons by president Joe Dumars in June 2000. As a member of their executive team, Perry assisted in building a roster that went to six Eastern Conference Finals appearances (2003-2008), two Eastern Conference Championships (2004, 2005) and the 2004 NBA championship.

The difference is, he had a role as part of a team of execs.

Or it's like saying darko was part on the team that beat the lakers in the finals, should i then think of darko as a championship type player and invest in him..

I took his tenure in Detroit into consideration, then I looked at is body of work when he had more power in orlando and Sac, and his start here seems to follow in that pattern, lukewarm moves that lessing's accountability.

That's mills motto

ES
Nalod
USA
2/11/2018  11:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The difference is, he had a role as part of a team of execs.

Or it's like saying darko was part on the team that beat the lakers in the finals, should i then think of darko as a championship type player and invest in him..

I took his tenure in Detroit into consideration, then I looked at is body of work when he had more power in orlando and Sac, and his start here seems to follow in that pattern, lukewarm moves that lessing's accountability.

That's mills motto

many want those spurs execs who were part of something. You asked a question. You got your answer but it was not the answer you wanted and rather than digest this information as knowledge you choose to ignore the fact.

Scott Layden was part of a winning culture once upon a time and Dolan took him to e GM. Blame him or Dolan who dictated many things. Layden became an assistant coach, assistant GM to Pop in SAS and now Is GM in Minny. Smart guys do not always “win”. Failure is a necessary ingredient to any successful person.

Do you applauded the job Dumars did or the fact he drafted Darko over Melo? Do you look in hindsight or try to look at the moment by which that decision was made and try to understand it? Or you just lazy to elevate your own standing to look at the end result on its own? People that do remarkable things wiff once in a while. People that do remarkable things understand this. Are you Remarkable?

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/11/2018  12:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2018  12:33 PM
Mcbrickets did some good things, things that a son of a basketball coach knows how to do like cutting, and at least tried hard on defense.... what happened to his shot? In the beginning of the year he was hitting his open looks, but for the past three months it’s been brick city for Doug. I think Perry made the right move, at 26 mcbuckets is what he is a back end nba rotation player stardom isn’t coming anytime soon for Doug.

Mudiay, is super talented and can jump outta the gym, he fell outta favor with mike Malone, by all means this kid can ball he’s not a good defender at this point, although at times displayed elite defensive ability, I think desire is a big question with Mudiay. Heard through the grape vine that mudiay owned Murray in practice on a daily basis hence the reason he didn’t talk to the media, and didn’t get along with mike Malone, Murray dose exactly what Malone wants, talent isn’t the reason he beat out Mudiay and Mudiay used to bark at Malone hence the reason he was buried on the bench.

Attitude seems to be the issue with Mudiay, he’s been in the dog house for Malone, wonder if a change of scenery is all he needs to get back on track.

I’d have to say this was a low risk high reward move by Perry, I like it, Mudiay still has star potential.

You still have Faith in the FO?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy