Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018  1:03 PM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:So if Willy is so great and the rest of the NBA knows it but Perry /Mills don’t.....why did NOBODY offer up more than 2 2nds?

It’s not due to devaluing him because evaluators would still grab the talent if the talent is cheap.

Bottom line as in 9o% of trades....we got what the market offered

WARNING WARNING! LOGIC ALERT! LOGIC ALERT!

I can't believe we couldn't have down better. And how exactly do we know Perry didn't just find the one place with as much depth ahead of him as here to stick it to him?

I want to believe our GM wasn't acting vengefully. I do.

Just, I have a hard time getting excited about two future first round draft picks after what I saw Willy do here last year.

what did you see him do? Did he play defense last year? After a nice rookie season the scouting report is good offensive player, no defense, no rim protection. If you covet that Greg Monroe just signed for $5mm.

Also dont you think the FO knows what he can and cant do? You cant believe Knicks didnt get more... dont you think they tried? I mean the assumptions made around here are mind numbing.

I liked Willy too. He couldnt break the rotation and demanded to be traded. When he did play he showed no sense of urgency. If you read around many think he's back in Spain after his NBA deal is up

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/8/2018  1:25 PM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:So if Willy is so great and the rest of the NBA knows it but Perry /Mills don’t.....why did NOBODY offer up more than 2 2nds?

It’s not due to devaluing him because evaluators would still grab the talent if the talent is cheap.

I can't believe we couldn't have down better. And how exactly do we know Perry didn't just find the one place with as much depth ahead of him as here to stick it to him?

Just, I have a hard time getting excited about two future first round draft picks after what I saw Willy do here last year.

what did you see him do? Did he play defense last year? After a nice rookie season the scouting report is good offensive player, no defense, no rim protection. If you covet that Greg Monroe just signed for $5mm.

Also dont you think the FO knows what he can and cant do? You cant believe Knicks didnt get more... dont you think they tried? I mean the assumptions made around here are mind numbing.

I liked Willy too. He couldnt break the rotation and demanded to be traded. When he did play he showed no sense of urgency. If you read around many think he's back in Spain after his NBA deal is up

I think this trade was all about his request, you can not have a player complaining of PT in your locker room.

There is no reason for me to believe this was the best offer, this was a super conservative trade, zero risk.

Mills and perry have been involved in such losing culture for so long, it doesn't bother them to any real extent.

ES
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/8/2018  1:41 PM
league going crazy with trades
Perry doing his Donnie Walsh impersonation, taking a mid afternoon nap and telling his secretary not to wake him
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/8/2018  1:49 PM
BigRedDog wrote:league going crazy with trades
Perry doing his Donnie Walsh impersonation, taking a mid afternoon nap and telling his secretary not to wake him
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

When asked when the knicks will be a winning team he gave them this look

ES
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/8/2018  2:47 PM
Yes.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  3:04 PM
Perry didnt try to swing for the fences, sticking to the plan in spite of KP going down. I like that.
Skudra
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6210
Latvia
2/8/2018  3:23 PM
Grade D for FO
Lee, KOQ, LT and still there, only traded two young guys for Mudiay who have average (at best) shot, cant defend and is TO machine.
fishmike
USA
2/8/2018  3:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think this trade was all about his request, you can not have a player complaining of PT in your locker room.

There is no reason for me to believe this was the best offer, this was a super conservative trade, zero risk.

Mills and perry have been involved in such losing culture for so long, it doesn't bother them to any real extent.

you are really the worst dude. You make crap up then make up more crap to back it up.

They are rebuilding. They have said this. Look around. Willy wasnt bringing back a star player or a first rounder. He couldnt beat KOQ for minutes and when he got them he looked terrible.

Knicks got young and more athletic moving McD for Mudiay, and they get 2nd rounders for a guy who didnt want to be here. When was the last time a 2nd round pick asked for a trade? But yea... you know. You know Mills and Perry had better offers. STFU your a donkey

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/8/2018  3:37 PM
FO/ Perry sucked today. KOQ sucks - had to trade him for something, Lee's value was all time high, how can u not get something good for him? All these trades made and we stuck out again
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
fishmike
USA
2/8/2018  3:38 PM
Skudra wrote:Grade D for FO
Lee, KOQ, LT and still there, only traded two young guys for Mudiay who have average (at best) shot, cant defend and is TO machine.
Grade F for your post

Tell the deals for Lee, KOQ and LT that the FO didnt make. I love when people make assumptions on info they dont have then judge on those assumptions.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2018  3:42 PM

I think either KOQ went, or Willy. Willy be gone.
Few rumors around KOQ other than Warriors had shown interest. We have no idea if any was on the table or what it was.
Clee, I suppose there might have been interest but non substantiated. His 11mm per is a fair deal, but what was the salary we'd have to take back? Most playoff teams don't have cap space. Those with are looking at other things.
LT, Still a glue guy. Disappointing all three are still here? I supoose.
Letter grades?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2018  3:43 PM
We did two deals in two days.
fishmike
USA
2/8/2018  3:53 PM
BigRedDog wrote:FO/ Perry sucked today. KOQ sucks - had to trade him for something, Lee's value was all time high, how can u not get something good for him? All these trades made and we stuck out again
rest of NBA sucks also for not helping to better our franchise. Bastards.

Which trade did you want in on? You want to bring back Shump? Get Isiah Thomas in here?

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/8/2018  4:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  4:02 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

you are really the worst dude. You make crap up then make up more crap to back it up.

They are rebuilding. They have said this. Look around. Willy wasnt bringing back a star player or a first rounder. He couldnt beat KOQ for minutes and when he got them he looked terrible.

Knicks got young and more athletic moving McD for Mudiay, and they get 2nd rounders for a guy who didnt want to be here. When was the last time a 2nd round pick asked for a trade? But yea... you know. You know Mills and Perry had better offers. STFU your a donkey

Think Fish is on Tilt. His predictions for Noah,Phil,,Frank,Rose etc etc, and now KP hurt.

I don't know if you remember saying this. Since it was so long ago but...now you think he is what?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
USA
2/8/2018 11:22 AM
Have you watched Mudiay? He's a bad NBA player

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
USA
2/8/2018  4:39 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Think Fish is on Tilt. His predictions for Noah,Phil,,Frank,Rose etc etc, and now KP hurt.

I don't know if you remember saying this. Since it was so long ago but...now you think he is what?

fishmike
USA

do you read anything?

Go read what what I wrote about the trade and come back to me.

Yea... Im on tilt

fishmike
USA
2/8/2018  4:41 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

fishmike
USA

I know the internet is very challenging for you to navigate so Ill provide you the quote:

Great trade. I am not high on Mudiay. He's been a bad NBA player. However we want to get more athletic and faster. McD had totally faded and FO clearly sees no future for him here. We arent going to spend money to resign him and we arent doing anything this summer FA wise, so for $5mm or whatever is on Mudiay's rookie deal we get a year to look at a 21 year athletic guard.
Gut feeling is Mudiay is another Thanasis type.. athletic but not skilled enough to play that position. That being said this is a super smart trade and we get Horn more guard talent to work with. Smart move by Perry. Considering where the Knicks are this is a solid A move. Got a 21 year old prospect worth a look for nothing.
Skudra
Member: #6210
Latvia
2/8/2018  4:59 PM
Nalod wrote:

I think either KOQ went, or Willy. Willy be gone.
Few rumors around KOQ other than Warriors had shown interest. We have no idea if any was on the table or what it was.
Clee, I suppose there might have been interest but non substantiated. His 11mm per is a fair deal, but what was the salary we'd have to take back? Most playoff teams don't have cap space. Those with are looking at other things.
LT, Still a glue guy. Disappointing all three are still here? I supoose.
Letter grades?

O made future vision - young guys, etc.
Now we see, that nothing really changed. KP's injury helped FO to decide between trying to make playoffs or tanking, since there are no playoffs, there are also no reason to stick with assets that don't belong to future vision.

KOQ will be gone in summer for free, of course if you don't want to pay him around 10m/y. Assume FO wont do that, because 50% of cap for centers will be too much. Hard to believe that nobody would give at least future second rounder for him.

Lee/LT - decent players, but they don't stack with current needs. together they make almost 20m/y for two more years. Thats open up lots of possible trade partners, take some bad deal + sweetener and it's ok for me.

At this time losing don't hurt, so it is perfect time to try out young guys in real NBA games from start to finish, but instead vets will take that game time. Only in NBA you can see if player is ready, not in G or summer league.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/8/2018  5:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2018  8:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

fishmike
USA

I know the internet is very challenging for you to navigate so Ill provide you the quote:

Great trade. I am not high on Mudiay. He's been a bad NBA player. However we want to get more athletic and faster. McD had totally faded and FO clearly sees no future for him here. We arent going to spend money to resign him and we arent doing anything this summer FA wise, so for $5mm or whatever is on Mudiay's rookie deal we get a year to look at a 21 year athletic guard.
Gut feeling is Mudiay is another Thanasis type.. athletic but not skilled enough to play that position. That being said this is a super smart trade and we get Horn more guard talent to work with. Smart move by Perry. Considering where the Knicks are this is a solid A move. Got a 21 year old prospect worth a look for nothing.

LMAO. Wow, so at 11am you said he sucked and by 230 he was all of sudden a "Great trade"?

Fish!! Tilt? Possibly. Calling Knicks1248 a donkey and telling him to STFU? Its just opinions. We can only say that to Meloshouldgo.

Btw. Mudiay will push your lottery pick out.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2018  5:23 PM
I think they did great. I am really excited about Mudiay. He was considered a potential #1 overall pick coming out of high school and he is still just 21. Buckets was gone after this season. I also think they did fine in the Willy trade. Willy wanted out and he wasn't out working the guys ahead of him. I think there may have been something up between Willy and the coaches but he did not play with the urgency of a guy trying to get more minutes or crack the rotation when he was on the court.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/8/2018  5:29 PM
It’s very hard to make deals from a position of weakness. Perry didn’t have the strength of position and took a more conservative approach. Can’t bash him for that. McD wasn’t a difference maker but Mudiay at least has the upside left to take a look at.
You still have Faith in the FO?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy