2/7/2018  8:02 PM
HE played Willy last year.
Willy ruined willy’s Trade value.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

2/7/2018  8:06 PM
Ira wrote:I don't remember seeing O'Bryant when we played Charlotte. How do Willy and Johnny compare athletically?

Expiring contract as opposed to two years left on Willy's. He maybe a good fit for the tank proceedings but that's about it

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/7/2018  8:08 PM
I am perplexed but it should clear up soon. We had 4 Centers: Wily/Noah/KANTER and KOQ. The latter maybe able to get A FIRST pick. Noah is AWOL. So that leaves Kanter and Wily who is now gone.

Dilemma: we admire Kanter for his hard nosed inside play and boards. Yet defensively, he will take us nowhere.
In a rebuild i would keep Wily and send Kanter packing for talent. So instead we grab two second picks. Wily was cheap and could have played. Yet unless something drastic occurs, neither he nor Kanter will develop lateral speed and quickness. My preference - if Bamba is on the board at 6, grab him or Carter. If he and Frank and develop and THJr finds some consistency KP could find a stronger more fundementally sound team than when he left.
2019 we can secure a 3 and when Noah comes off finally hit up Free agenxy for your 3.

meloshouldgo

2/7/2018  8:08 PM
Vmart wrote:
Markji wrote:Willy was expendable as our "young core" moving forward. Kanter is our "young" center for the future as Kanter is only 25 and in his prime. Willy is 23. Kanter is at least 10 times the player that Willy is.

Remember who got us Kanter in a trade when most teams were offering us crap for Melo. So I have confidence that Perry knows what he is doing. We, on this board, always overvalue our young players and have high hopes for them. I wish Willy well, but good bye.

Oh, Johnny O'B plays mostly PF - he's bulked up to 250 lbs and has been in the rotation for Charlotte. So maybe he can fill in some minutes for Porzingis?

Is Kanter Worth the ridiculous contract he is going to get. Willie may not be as good but his contract was bearable compared to Kanters atrocious contract.

Unfortunately this almost ensures Kanter is staying for a large contract. I like his effort/energy and rebounding, I am not going to like his contract. So much for young TWO-way players.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2018  8:17 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Markji wrote:Willy was expendable as our "young core" moving forward. Kanter is our "young" center for the future as Kanter is only 25 and in his prime. Willy is 23. Kanter is at least 10 times the player that Willy is.

Remember who got us Kanter in a trade when most teams were offering us crap for Melo. So I have confidence that Perry knows what he is doing. We, on this board, always overvalue our young players and have high hopes for them. I wish Willy well, but good bye.

Oh, Johnny O'B plays mostly PF - he's bulked up to 250 lbs and has been in the rotation for Charlotte. So maybe he can fill in some minutes for Porzingis?

Is Kanter Worth the ridiculous contract he is going to get. Willie may not be as good but his contract was bearable compared to Kanters atrocious contract.

Unfortunately this almost ensures Kanter is staying for a large contract. I like his effort/energy and rebounding, I am not going to like his contract. So much for young TWO-way players.

Kanter is 25.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2018  8:18 PM
Apparently Knicks did not think much of Willy, his game, his work ethic.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2018  8:20 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:

No it doesn't.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo

2/7/2018  8:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Kanter is 25.

Did you see I capitalized "TWO"in two-way player?

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/7/2018  8:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:I doubt they were offered anything better. Guy was NEVER going to be able to defend. Had to go. Hornets are rebuilding and will have low 2nd RD picks for years to come. More opportunities to get real NBA players not fools gold.

This what I'm thinking. Willy has decent potential. But, as he is now, his style of play is not in style. I'm sure we would've jumped on an offer where a first was offered. Not too upset. Would rather have traded O'Quinn, but Willy's salary makes him easy too move. I rooted for Willy and penciled him as starter at the beginning of the year, but KOQ and Kanter outplayed him. No hatred. I would've liked to see the kid respond better to adversity, but he still has some maturing to do.

I like KOQ's contribution too, but the reality is that he has a player's opt out for next season. It would be foolish of him to not take it. Consequently, it would be foolish of the Knicks to not get all that they can get for him now.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2018  10:06 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Kanter is 25.

The Knicks didn't trade a two way player. They traded a player that asked to be moved. I am sure there are more reasons as to why he was moved. Either the organization was being accommodating or there were issues with Willy that made him a guy worth moving despite his affordable contract.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

2/7/2018  11:12 PM
Nalod wrote:HE played Willy last year.
Willy ruined willy’s Trade value.

Trump made the stock market go up
The media made it crash.

meloshouldgo

2/7/2018  11:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Kanter is 25.

The Knicks didn't trade a two way player. They traded a player that asked to be moved. I am sure there are more reasons as to why he was moved. Either the organization was being accommodating or there were issues with Willy that made him a guy worth moving despite his affordable contract.

Never said anything about Willy being a real way player. Just said Kanter isn't one and I won't like the large contact we give him. Willy cost is nothing. Unlike Kanter, keeping Willy cost us nothing.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/7/2018  11:19 PM
Add him to the list....

Ewing Jr
Randle
Lee
Gallinari
Copeland
Fields
Mozgov
HERNANGOMEZ

Good riddance

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2018  11:55 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Add him to the list....

Ewing Jr
Randle
Lee
Gallinari
Copeland
Fields
Mozgov
HERNANGOMEZ

Good riddance

Can we add Ariza & Chandler.

Ariza - oddly our last 2nd round pick that is still cranking in the league. I miss Isiah Thomas and his eye for talent in the draft.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

2/8/2018  5:28 AM
magicTs wrote:Totally bizarre trade. He wants minutes in the NBA and is going to a team with Howard, Zeller and Kaminsky....doubt he gets much!

And as usual a complete ****show of a return for us.

Keep the good news coming #worstrunfranchiseinsports

Would be unfair to evaluate this completely until those two 2nd round pick are used and some kind of evaluation can be made of the players taken.

People said the Pau Gasol to the Lakers trade was one of the worst in NBA history. And it was, on the surface. But Marc Gasol went back to the Grizzlies. He ended up their franchise player. This obviously is an exception to the general rule/trend. Most 2nd rounders don't pan out as well.

That being said, until the returns on this picks happen, it's fully hard to gauge this.

From a baseline market based perspective, IMHO, it would have been better to hold onto Hernangomez.

This is, in part, fallout from the Jackson/Melo era. Jackson signed Noah to that bizarre/insane contract despite all market forces indicating that pivots were starting to devalue in general. The Knicks traded for Kanter as mostly a salary match, because of the NTC Jackson gave Melo in negotiations. Kanter and Hernangomez are redundant, Kanter is older and more productive, but the skill set right now was very similar from a raw talent standpoint. Kanter obviously is showing way more effort and has more NBA experience.

Hernangomez needed to make more of the minutes he did get this year. He was lazy and a sulker. That part is on him. Kenny Smith said it best, just because you are not playing right now doesn't mean you can't play, but you have to prove that every minute you are on the court.

Unfortunately it poses a red flag that Zinger will walk the first chance he gets.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/8/2018  6:03 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
magicTs wrote:Totally bizarre trade. He wants minutes in the NBA and is going to a team with Howard, Zeller and Kaminsky....doubt he gets much!

Would be unfair to evaluate this completely until those two 2nd round pick are used and some kind of evaluation can be made of the players taken.

People said the Pau Gasol to the Lakers trade was one of the worst in NBA history. And it was, on the surface. But Marc Gasol went back to the Grizzlies. He ended up their franchise player. This obviously is an exception to the general rule/trend. Most 2nd rounders don't pan out as well.

That being said, until the returns on this picks happen, it's fully hard to gauge this.

From a baseline market based perspective, IMHO, it would have been better to hold onto Hernangomez.

This is, in part, fallout from the Jackson/Melo era. Jackson signed Noah to that bizarre/insane contract despite all market forces indicating that pivots were starting to devalue in general. The Knicks traded for Kanter as mostly a salary match, because of the NTC Jackson gave Melo in negotiations. Kanter and Hernangomez are redundant, Kanter is older and more productive, but the skill set right now was very similar from a raw talent standpoint. Kanter obviously is showing way more effort and has more NBA experience.

Hernangomez needed to make more of the minutes he did get this year. He was lazy and a sulker. That part is on him. Kenny Smith said it best, just because you are not playing right now doesn't mean you can't play, but you have to prove that every minute you are on the court.

Unfortunately it poses a red flag that Zinger will walk the first chance he gets.

Yep and if he wants whats best for him he will leave.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018  8:47 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Yep and if he wants whats best for him he will leave.
Are you this miserable in all walks of life or only with the Knicks?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2018  8:54 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:This is a fail in my book. Why trade someone who is

(a) cost-controlled for several years
(b) young and skilled
(c) fills a need since your star player is out for a year
(d) can likely increase his value with playing time so you can get even more for him if you don't think he's part of the future.

There was no downside to keeping Willy. And the upside was significant. Fail.

Exactly! Perry and Mills are way over their heads. Now we know, Perry another in a long list of ****ty GM's. Damn! Another FO thats going to **** up this team for the next 5 yrs. Say bye bye KP. No way is he going to stay in this **** hole. I don't blame him.

are you guys thick? HE ASKED TO BE TRADED. He put up good numbers in losing efforts last year. He was a 2nd rounder who couldnt beat out KOQ or KAnter for any playing time, he demanded to be played or traded so the sent him packing for a couple 2nd rounders. Which part of that perspective is wrong? And how the fudge does that equate this GM being over his head?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/8/2018  12:14 PM
franco12 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Add him to the list....

Ewing Jr
Randle
Lee
Gallinari
Copeland
Fields
Mozgov
HERNANGOMEZ

Good riddance

Can we add Ariza & Chandler.

Ariza - oddly our last 2nd round pick that is still cranking in the league. I miss Isiah Thomas and his eye for talent in the draft.

I didn't add them because their actually quality NBA players.

This list is more of Knick fan "OVERHYPED that amounted to nothing" NBA players.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/8/2018  12:49 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:This is a fail in my book. Why trade someone who is

(a) cost-controlled for several years
(b) young and skilled
(c) fills a need since your star player is out for a year
(d) can likely increase his value with playing time so you can get even more for him if you don't think he's part of the future.

There was no downside to keeping Willy. And the upside was significant. Fail.

Exactly! Perry and Mills are way over their heads. Now we know, Perry another in a long list of ****ty GM's. Damn! Another FO thats going to **** up this team for the next 5 yrs. Say bye bye KP. No way is he going to stay in this **** hole. I don't blame him.

are you guys thick? HE ASKED TO BE TRADED. He put up good numbers in losing efforts last year. He was a 2nd rounder who couldnt beat out KOQ or KAnter for any playing time, he demanded to be played or traded so the sent him packing for a couple 2nd rounders. Which part of that perspective is wrong? And how the fudge does that equate this GM being over his head?

I don't think he demanded to be traded. His agent probably said - if you're not going to give him a shot at minutes, then trade him.

So, Kanter and KOQ have beat him out and put up good numbers in losing efforts.

I just don't understand why we traded him the day after KP goes down?

This has more spite (Dolan, Jeff didn't like he and KP talking spanish behind his back) than a deal for the future.

2 Future 2nd rounders?

For a player who was named to all rookie team last year and put decent numbers.

Granted, couldn't play defense, and may never have. David Lee sure had a great run.

KP goes down- and I saw an opportunity to give Willy playing time.

I find it hard to believe we couldn't have found a better trade over the summer.

Like - trade Willy and our first round pick to move up 2 spaces in the draft????

I simply think there is more to it - and not in a good way.

Knicks trading Willy to the Hornets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy