Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2018  12:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Hardaway Lee Kanter are next
Got an update on my phone that they are trying to move Lee, KOQ and Noah.

You got that one the first day of training camp and every day since, right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2018  12:18 PM
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2018  12:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

But dont matter as he is gone after the year. Soooo...Willy for 2 2nd rounders.

Not even current picks. 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks.

We were running low on second- rounders for the next few upcoming drafts, so it's good that we could replenish them.
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/20417753/nba-draft-assets-traded-picks-all-30-teams

Owned

NYK: 2018 first-round pick

CHI: 2018 second-round pick

CLE/HOU/ORL: 2019 second-round pick (least favorable of CLE, ORL and HOU to NYK)

NYK: 2019 first-round pick

NYK: 2020 first-round pick

NYK: 2021 first-round pick

NYK: 2022 first-round pick

NYK: 2022 second-round pick

NYK: 2023 first-round pick

NYK: 2023 second-round pick

NYK: 2024 first-round pick

NYK: 2024 second-round pick

Owed

2018 second-round pick to PHI (more favorable of NYK and LAC to PHI, less favorable to NYK)

2019 second-round pick to BKN

2020 second-round pick to ORL or PHI (more favorable of NYK and BKN to PHI, less favorable to ORL)

2021 second-round pick to PHI

Given how Dotson barely looks like an NBA player (at least in our coaches eyes), I don't know why they were in a hurry to add any moving forward.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/7/2018  12:21 PM
we got two seconds for a walking double double.......................... FUCK YOU YOU DUMB PRINCETON CUNTS
GustavBahler said: Check please....
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
MS
Member: #724
I’m confused.

The NBA names 5 rookies to the all rookie team. Billy made the first ****ing team. So we flip him for 2 second rounders and management is wheeling and dealing.

Who gives a **** if he came in with confidence. He crushed the euro tournament this summer.

Nothing about THJR absurd confidence while the guy is losing games always injured and playing like a bonehead.

This was a terrible deal, no way around it. We paid ****ing Ron Baker 4.5MM a year over two. Willy was playing for free!!

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2018  12:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

wow! $3.9m hope we don't spend it all at once!

SupremeCommander

2/7/2018  12:24 PM
Clean wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:I have no idea what people are complaining about. We finally have a management team that knows how to deal. We got Kanter McDermott etc for Melo and we got a player AND 2 picks for No defense Willy????

Talk about value. Willy was what... a 2nd round pick right? Why do people feel that with 2 second round picks that Knocks mgmt cannot find another Dotson type with a bigger body.

I for one LOVE this trade

I agree. I thought it was weird people in this thread keep saying this is a terrible trade when Willy himself was a 2nd Rounder. I could understand if he proved himself but he has not done that yet. From the start of this year I wanted no drama. Willy has been harping on playing time the whole year. So I have no problem for them giving him the boot. Noah is next.

oh yeah because I'm sure the Spurs would have loved getting two seconds for Ginobilli

SupremeCommander

2/7/2018  12:25 PM
franco12 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

wow! $3.9m hope we don't spend it all at once!

I don't think you can combine exceptions...

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #3049

2/7/2018  12:26 PM
MS wrote:I’m confused.

The NBA names 5 rookies to the all rookie team. Billy made the first ****ing team. So we flip him for 2 second rounders and management is wheeling and dealing.

Who gives a **** if he came in with confidence. He crushed the euro tournament this summer.

Nothing about THJR absurd confidence while the guy is losing games always injured and playing like a bonehead.

This was a terrible deal, no way around it. We paid ****ing Ron Baker 4.5MM a year over two. Willy was playing for free!!

Yeah, this guy can't figure it out either.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/7/2018  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2018  12:28 PM
I really don't understand this trade at all. It sounds like it was personal, instead of business. Willy made the all-rookie team last year and was a double, double machine when he played at the age of 23. There are not that many young skilled bigs in the game. He was an asset.

We're supposed to be rebuilding and developing our young players this year and he's benched the entire season making him disgruntled. He asked to be traded if he cannot play--because he wants to play to develop. So we ship him off for two future 2nd rounders?

Sources were saying that at least a dozen teams had interest in Willy; he had trade value. And if we're going to trade him, this is all we can get? Why not wait until closer to the deadline to get more value back. At least a future 1? Or how about playing him the rest of the season to develop?

I don't get it. This seems like a Dolan move, not a Perry move.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #3049

2/7/2018  12:29 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Clean wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:I have no idea what people are complaining about. We finally have a management team that knows how to deal. We got Kanter McDermott etc for Melo and we got a player AND 2 picks for No defense Willy????

Talk about value. Willy was what... a 2nd round pick right? Why do people feel that with 2 second round picks that Knocks mgmt cannot find another Dotson type with a bigger body.

I agree. I thought it was weird people in this thread keep saying this is a terrible trade when Willy himself was a 2nd Rounder. I could understand if he proved himself but he has not done that yet. From the start of this year I wanted no drama. Willy has been harping on playing time the whole year. So I have no problem for them giving him the boot. Noah is next.

oh yeah because I'm sure the Spurs would have loved getting two seconds for Ginobilli

One guy is a hall of famer who played major minutes from the start and the other guy sits on the bench for his NBA and national team. Not really an apples to apples comparison.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/7/2018  12:29 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Clean wrote:

"Willy wanting a trade" rumors probably did not help but seems like Mills and Perry could have put out that fire easily. Specially if they dealt KO, like projected. We have two second rounders for him which is basically what you can give up for 2 mediocre role players. Disspaointing as the way WIlly played last year, he could have been included in a deal for a starter or first round pick, if he continued his progress.

fishmike Posts: 48006 Alba Posts: 1 Joined: 7/19/2002 Member: #298 USA 6/23/2016 12:35 PM fishmike worte" The dream? Would be Pg Rose SG GPII SF Durant PF Melo C Noah Bench: KP, Langston, KOQ, Clyde Frazier
SupremeCommander

2/7/2018  12:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Clean wrote:

One guy is a hall of famer who played major minutes from the start and the other guy sits on the bench for his NBA and national team. Not really an apples to apples comparison.

just because someone was picked with a second rounder doesn't mean you should be happy that you got two for him, that's all i'm saying. once you make to the league it doesn't matter where you were picked

SupremeCommander

2/7/2018  12:33 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Clean wrote:

"Willy wanting a trade" rumors probably did not help but seems like Mills and Perry could have put out that fire easily. Specially if they dealt KO, like projected. We have two second rounders for him which is basically what you can give up for 2 mediocre role players. Disspaointing as the way WIlly played last year, he could have been included in a deal for a starter or first round pick, if he continued his progress.

what's frustrating is that everyone was saying 'oh be patient, we are trying to pump up KOQ's trade value before we trade him. why would we bench KOQ and trade him? how does that make sense?' and then we go out and trade the guy that's nailed to the bench. **** these guys. what a bunch of knobs. we let some entitled princeton prick run the team and then we grabbed the guy who led the magic to its next rebuild manage the operations. these guys are so overmatched

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/7/2018  12:34 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I really don't understand this trade at all. It sounds like it was personal, instead of business. Willy made the all-rookie team last year and was a double, double machine when he played at the age of 23. There are not that many young skilled bigs in the game. He was an asset.

We're supposed to be rebuilding and developing our young players this year and he's benched the entire season making him disgruntled. He asked to be traded if he cannot play--because he wants to play to develop. So we ship him off for two future 2nd rounders?

Sources were saying that at least a dozen teams had interest in Willy; he had trade value. And if we're going to trade him, this is all we can get? Why not wait until closer to the deadline to get more value back. At least a future 1? Or how about playing him the rest of the season to develop?

Mills move. Perry is his sidekick. Heard it here for the 100th time. This is the reason why its hard to put any value on rebuilding through draft. We have proven that we dont know how to pick the right guy (1 for the last 20 years of drafts) And we sure as hell have not been able to develop any of our picks. I am hoping these are assets that we can use for cusp pros. But agree, did not think WIlly was a the guy that needed to be traded. Wanted to keep Willy, KP, Frank and Kanter. Everyone else could go. Smh

fishmike Posts: 48006 Alba Posts: 1 Joined: 7/19/2002 Member: #298 USA 6/23/2016 12:35 PM fishmike worte" The dream? Would be Pg Rose SG GPII SF Durant PF Melo C Noah Bench: KP, Langston, KOQ, Clyde Frazier
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/7/2018  12:34 PM

Who gives a **** what Willy "crushed" in Europe? Its like saying "Im a big deal in Japan."

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/7/2018  12:35 PM
I'm not in love with the trade but by the tone of many of these posts you'd think we traded Patrick Ewing for two second rounders. Willy was a dog this year and placing the "blame" on management is misplaced in my opinion. Not that they are the Celtics front office or anything.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/7/2018  12:38 PM

I really can’t get all worked up over Willy at this point. Perry is likely just getting started in remaking this roster. By the time KP gets back it’s going to be a completely different type of team.

Perry is under a different set of rules now. He’s gotta build a team that can function with or without KP. He can’t assume KP is going to come back on schedule and at his current level. It’s gonna be 2 yrs from now when we see what KP really is after ACL Surgery. Willy is a nice talent but Perry isn’t Phil or Mills. He obviously likes a different type of player. Now we’re gonna see what his true vision is for this team. He’s FREE of the Phil format for this team.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/7/2018  12:39 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

So what do you think....the Knicks took the worst deal that was offered to them? Sources said people were interested....not what they were offering.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knicks trading Willy to the Hornets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.