NY Knicks: Confirmed, KP Torn Left ACL
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

2/7/2018  4:45 AM
Sucks
But it’s part of the game.
I also hope as he gets older he plays a little less above the rim.

You never really saw Dirk or Yao do moves like KP did in getting hurt.
His athleticism has worked against him in injuries.

He need to get his surgery rehab etc
The moment he is able to shoot again, he needs to work on becoming a monster in shooting over people and relying less on drives and dunks.

I can’t say this surprised me. It was inevitable in how big he is and how he plays. However he needs to try to take this time to watch lots of game tape and then develop the sort of game Dirk has. Less reliant on the dunks and drives. If he comes back and plays the same way, it will only keep happening again and again every few years (a major injury).

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/7/2018  5:28 AM
Keeping in line with our luck over all these years, we all knew this day was coming
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/7/2018  7:15 AM
Good daln thing we didn’t trade our pick in order to get rid of Noah. Lol
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/7/2018  8:09 AM
smackeddog wrote:Worst possible timing on two fronts- firstly it's too late in the season to tank badly enough to get into the bottom 5. Then next season, when we're finally in a position to suck bad enough for a top 3 pick, they're changing the lottery rules so suck NG badly no longer benefits you. Great

I read somewhere the Knicks were like 3 or 5 games out of the lottery. Without KP, it is very possible they are in the lottery.

~You can't run from who you are.~
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/7/2018  8:27 AM
This is the curse of Phil. If he traded KP, this never would have happened.
~You can't run from who you are.~
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2018  9:25 AM
joec32033 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Worst possible timing on two fronts- firstly it's too late in the season to tank badly enough to get into the bottom 5. Then next season, when we're finally in a position to suck bad enough for a top 3 pick, they're changing the lottery rules so suck NG badly no longer benefits you. Great

I read somewhere the Knicks were like 3 or 5 games out of the lottery. Without KP, it is very possible they are in the lottery.

every non play off team is in the lottery - the % of jumping into 1,2 & 3 are small.

Right now, we have a 4% chance at a top 3 pick.

We just lost to Atlanta. So, realistically, are we winning more games this year?

We have the following games against teams at the bottom:

Magic 2x
Kings, Mavericks & Bulls

Pretty much every other game- with the exception of the Charlotte Hornets- is against a team 500 or better

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2018_games.html

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2018  9:45 AM
http://www.tankathon.com/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/7/2018  10:28 AM
feel bad for KP as a man, athlete, etc... tough to go through this.

I hope we take his recovery slow. The silver lining is there should be no doubt in the direction of the team now. Lottery talent and rebuild continues.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2018  10:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:http://www.tankathon.com/

magicTs
Member: #5564

2/7/2018  10:31 AM
franco12 wrote:

Assuming this is outdated as we are way way higher to get a top 3 pick than 4% after last nights events. I'll be amazed having looked at the schedule if we are not top 5 at worst by seasons end.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/7/2018  10:32 AM
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:Depending on what else is going on with knee, you can come back 100% from acl at 22.

Yeah it looked like the very standard type. I've seen some nasty looking ACL tears that you could kind of tell more than just the ACL went. The way he was walking seems like it was just the ACL. The really quick and violent twist is usually enough to take that out. We'll see.

Nothing is standard when your 7'3", his career is probably severely altered. The only saving grace is maybe this forces him to play Center and his mobility will most likely be shot

You really need to dial it back a bit. It's so early in his career. He can easily recover and go on to have a successful career from here. The advances in ACL surgery are HUGE. Guys come back much better from ACL than they used to. It's not good but it's not career ending. He's still 7-3 and skilled. He was going to end up being a Center eventually anyway.

He could literally come back better and stronger. Rehab makes you work on strength like an obsessed person already. Combined with KP’s determination to get stronger already. He could quite possibly become better from this. Also it wasn’t a non contact thing, was a flukey landing that could happen to anybody.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2018  10:37 AM
franco12 wrote:

That is awesome. I reset it 5-6 times and the only movement I got was back a spot for the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/7/2018  11:23 AM
nyk4ever wrote:

we are cursed.

FUCK

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/7/2018  1:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Sucks
But it’s part of the game.
I also hope as he gets older he plays a little less above the rim.

You never really saw Dirk or Yao do moves like KP did in getting hurt.
His athleticism has worked against him in injuries.

He need to get his surgery rehab etc
The moment he is able to shoot again, he needs to work on becoming a monster in shooting over people and relying less on drives and dunks.

I can’t say this surprised me. It was inevitable in how big he is and how he plays. However he needs to try to take this time to watch lots of game tape and then develop the sort of game Dirk has. Less reliant on the dunks and drives. If he comes back and plays the same way, it will only keep happening again and again every few years (a major injury).

+1

KP is always tries to do the highlight reel dunk or put back. IT cost him dearly this time.

HE will need to beoome more of a Ewing like C now. Just like Ewing had to. Live off the 15 foot baseline jump and a few low post moves and some occasional 3's.

NY Knicks: Confirmed, KP Torn Left ACL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy