NY Knicks: Confirmed, KP Torn Left ACL
Author Thread
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

2/6/2018  11:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Welpee wrote:Didn't the Bucks also end Ewing's season back in the day.

Yeah, dude's name is on the tip of my tongue. Knocked Ewing down, broke/dislocated his shooting wrist, and was never the same.

Was it Andrew Lang?

Yeah, that's him.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
AUTOADVERT
magicTs
Member: #5564

2/6/2018  11:19 PM
Predictions for our record by seasons end now? If we trade properly I’d be surprised if we finish with more than 27 wins now. We could be set for a very high pick after all.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/6/2018  11:22 PM
magicTs wrote:Predictions for our record by seasons end now? If we trade properly I’d be surprised if we finish with more than 27 wins now. We could be set for a very high pick after all.

We should sell everything if someone wants Hardaway trade him to. Next year is gone now too, time to blow it up and start over again

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/6/2018  11:27 PM
No matter what happened my predictions of 30 wins always stands...
Apparently the only man who was 100% right about all things Knicks was Phil.
No wonder he is hated so much here. Who likes the truth and people who make the truth.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
reub
Member: #6227

I hope that this injury will prevent Perry from trading a #1 pick in any trade for Payton. What would be the point of sacrificing our future when our present is at it's bleakest?
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

This is a test of sorts for the front office. Possible routes to take and what it means for us...

What we do: We try and land a replacement (scorer, maybe Kemba), using youth and/or picks
What it means: The FO has learned nothing, and we are doomed to another decade+ of failure

What we do: We stand pat at the deadline with nothing more than a minor move
What it means: The FO is in over their heads. Good intentions but unable to execute.

What we do: Firesale. Everyone except for the yoot and picks.
What it means: The FO has evolved and we are on the right path. Sucks we lost KP, but great that we are making the most of it and (hopefully) land a top-3 lotto ball.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/6/2018  11:29 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:This is a test of sorts for the front office. Possible routes to take and what it means for us...

What we do: We try and land a replacement (scorer, maybe Kemba), using youth and/or picks
What it means: The FO has learned nothing, and we are doomed to another decade+ of failure

What it means: The FO is in over their heads. Good intentions but unable to execute.

What it means: The FO has evolved and we are on the right path. Sucks we lost KP, but great that we are making the most of it and (hopefully) land a top-3 lotto ball.

To have a fire sale you need to have some interested buyers for our not so interesting pieces....
Who are this?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

2/6/2018  11:31 PM
arkrud wrote:To have a fire sale you need to have some interested buyers for our not so interesting pieces....
Who are this?

KOQ, Lee, maybe Timmy, maybe Kanter. Those are our first-round guys. Then there's filler like Lance and Jack

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Welpee
Member: #6239

2/6/2018  11:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  11:32 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:This is a test of sorts for the front office. Possible routes to take and what it means for us...

OK, now I'm on board with operation tank.
magicTs
Member: #5564

2/6/2018  11:37 PM

Great post. Huge 48 hrs coming up not just for our immediate future but the medium term too. Tonight has been a disaster but it’s how they react to it that will tell us everything.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/6/2018  11:39 PM
If we ever needed proof to never trade away first round picks this is it, Could you imagine had we traded away next years first unprotected for Kemba Walker. He is going to miss at least half a season next year too. This is a disaster
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
SkyWalker
Member: #814
2/6/2018  11:40 PM
Does kp have a better chance to gain a bunch of weight while he rehabs and does less cardio? He can eat a lot and hit the weights and not worry about affecting his shot
Kenny SkyWalker
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/6/2018  11:42 PM
Jmpasq wrote:If we ever needed proof to never trade away first round picks this is it, Could you imagine had we traded away next years first unprotected for Kemba Walker. He is going to miss at least half a season next year too. This is a disaster

Would offer Frank instead of a 1st, and a second rounder. Make Burke the first PG off the bench.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2018  11:43 PM
Jmpasq wrote:If we ever needed proof to never trade away first round picks this is it, Could you imagine had we traded away next years first unprotected for Kemba Walker. He is going to miss at least half a season next year too. This is a disaster

This team was going to be in rebuild mode regardless. They weren't going to make the jump to Contender next year. This is a process and this team needed a LOT more talent. All that happened is that they can just focus on the future rather than trying to "WIN". This can be about adding young talent and development. It's a bit of a setback but not a disaster. Not when we have all out picks!!!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2018  11:45 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Would offer Frank instead of a 1st, and a second rounder. Make Burke the first PG off the bench.

Don't get your logic. WHY would you do this? This isn't a WIN NOW team so why are you trading Frank and a 2nd rounder? For what?
reub

2/6/2018  11:48 PM
KP looked a little edgy right from the beginning of the game. He was even jittery on his free throws, like he had too much energy in him. He had that look about him like he could do anything but, unfortunately, he hurt himself trying.
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/6/2018  11:51 PM
reub wrote:I hope that this injury will prevent Perry from trading a #1 pick in any trade for Payton. What would be the point of sacrificing our future when our present is at it's bleakest?

Hang on, reub. Let's take a look at what the consequences are.

Our center story changes considerably.

Kanter's value was tightly couple to complementing KP. With this season and next over for KP, resigning Kanter is less desirable and becomes very tradable.

KOQ becomes the more desirable keeper being more inexpensive. If Perry can successfully trade for Payton and Biyombo, the Knicks could actually be much better served.

Willie should be traded for a different asset. May as well keep Noah.

The second set of consequences is that KP's injury should earn the Knicks an injured player exception that can be filled by any combination of G-League, NBA dispora, or released player. Along those lines Hicks and Kormet should be activated.

An unintended consequence is that the Knicks will be more athletic by attrition.

It also means that there's zero reason to criticize the coaching - we aren't competing this year.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/6/2018  11:55 PM
It finally got to him. Playing like a 3 in 5 frame.

Hopefully he puts on muscle and builds a base and develops a post game. That is what is needed.

Man - it just sucks to be a Knicks fan!!! is it the curse of trading Ewing and Clyde?

reub

2/6/2018  11:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  11:57 PM
fwk00 wrote:
reub wrote:I hope that this injury will prevent Perry from trading a #1 pick in any trade for Payton. What would be the point of sacrificing our future when our present is at it's bleakest?

Hang on, reub. Let's take a look at what the consequences are.

Our center story changes considerably.

Kanter's value was tightly couple to complementing KP. With this season and next over for KP, resigning Kanter is less desirable and becomes very tradable.

KOQ becomes the more desirable keeper being more inexpensive. If Perry can successfully trade for Payton and Biyombo, the Knicks could actually be much better served.

Willie should be traded for a different asset. May as well keep Noah.

The second set of consequences is that KP's injury should earn the Knicks an injured player exception that can be filled by any combination of G-League, NBA dispora, or released player. Along those lines Hicks and Kormet should be activated.

An unintended consequence is that the Knicks will be more athletic by attrition.

It also means that there's zero reason to criticize the coaching - we aren't competing this year.

I see what you're saying and thanks for the pick-me-up. I have no problem going after Payton as an undervalued acquisition with youth and upside. I'd even trade Willy for him because its such a historic position of need for us. But not our #1 pick. I'd trade Willy plus filler for Payton and call it a day. I don't care about Noah's contract. Just spend some of Dolan's money and buy him out if we have to.

I also agree that Hicks should get the call. Or sign Nigel Hayes. But please, no additional minutes for Beasley or Lance! That would just take this from bad to worse.

fwk00
Member: #6048

2/6/2018  11:56 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:It finally got to him. Playing like a 3 in 5 frame.

Hopefully he puts on muscle and builds a base and develops a post game. That is what is needed.

Man - it just sucks to be a Knicks fan!!! is it the curse of trading Ewing and Clyde?

The curse of trading for Melo.

NY Knicks: Confirmed, KP Torn Left ACL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy