[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Unicorn Down!!!!!
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

2/6/2018  10:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  10:58 PM
Welpee wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Going all the way back to Bernard King's injury, it's never good when they pound the floor. Just my observation.
I remember a game in college where Rasheed Wallace got hurt and you would've thought he had been shot and it ended up being a relatively minor injury. Also that famous clip of Paul Pierce leaving the floor in a wheelchair...and returned to the game! So I'm going to think positive.

There is a conspiracy theory that Paul Pierce shat his shorts and he rode out in the wheelchair to cover up the stains on his ass

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/6/2018  10:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:I don't want to wish anyone hurt, least of all KP - but I am almost hoping he is done so we can stop pretending that we are anything but a crap, rebuilding team.

When do the Knicks ever do something smart?

when they finally fired Phil Jackson?

But, does any organization have a longer history of stupid????

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2018  11:22 PM
Sad day. I suppose all of us in some form knew this day would come. KP, warts and all was too good of a thing. Allstar.
Im bummed. Gonna go cancel my monthly league pass? maybe sleep on it first.
I hope we go all tank mode now Timmy might have fractured his leg? Bad JuJu on the court tonite!!!
Tank. Sell the vets for picks. Bring up Isiah (K)Hicks! Kornet?
JesseDark
Member: #467
2/6/2018  11:33 PM
Nalod wrote:Sad day. I suppose all of us in some form knew this day would come. KP, warts and all was too good of a thing. Allstar.
Im bummed. Gonna go cancel my monthly league pass? maybe sleep on it first.
I hope we go all tank mode now Timmy might have fractured his leg? Bad JuJu on the court tonite!!!
Tank. Sell the vets for picks. Bring up Isiah (K)Hicks! Kornet?

Minutes for Willy now, but why sell we are good enough to tank as is.
Bring back dee-fense
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

2/6/2018  11:33 PM
fishmike wrote:he got pushed in the air and landed poorly on the knee. Ill be pretty surprised if he didnt tear something. Good thing is its most likely ACL/MCL which means even if torn its usually a clean recovery and you get all your hops back. Fingers crossed.

Fish, I like your posts, but this one has me scratching my head. A torn ACL is probably the worst possible outcome other than a combination of ripping his ACL, MCL and meniscus, maybe.

Porzingis will miss the rest of this year and a good chunk of next year. All games that would have helped him develop more personally, and overall with the younger teammates. Yeah, his leaping ability can come back, but his lateral quickness and cutting ability will need to really be worked on to get back to his current level. Wouldn't be surprised if our Unicorn is one that sports a clunky knee brace going fwd on the court.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
JesseDark
Member: #467
2/6/2018  11:43 PM

This is what I mean about pounding the floor. I think they know their bodies and have felt something tear or pop

Bring back dee-fense
Welpee
Member: #6239

2/6/2018  11:49 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:he got pushed in the air and landed poorly on the knee. Ill be pretty surprised if he didnt tear something. Good thing is its most likely ACL/MCL which means even if torn its usually a clean recovery and you get all your hops back. Fingers crossed.

Fish, I like your posts, but this one has me scratching my head. A torn ACL is probably the worst possible outcome other than a combination of ripping his ACL, MCL and meniscus, maybe.

Porzingis will miss the rest of this year and a good chunk of next year. All games that would have helped him develop more personally, and overall with the younger teammates. Yeah, his leaping ability can come back, but his lateral quickness and cutting ability will need to really be worked on to get back to his current level. Wouldn't be surprised if our Unicorn is one that sports a clunky knee brace going fwd on the court.

It's 2018. Guys who put way more stress on their bodies than KP now come back 100% from this injury and don't have to wear a bulky knee brace. In fact, you could argue it may be easier for a big to come back than a perimeter player. No way KP moves laterally more than the average guard.
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

2/7/2018  12:03 AM
Welpee wrote:
Bretrobert1 wrote:

It's 2018. Guys who put way more stress on their bodies than KP now come back 100% from this injury and don't have to wear a bulky knee brace. In fact, you could argue it may be easier for a big to come back than a perimeter player. No way KP moves laterally more than the average guard.

It's typically case by case in terms of how fast and how well a player comes back. As far as the brace, again, case-by-case. But a lot of it's mental.

Not trying to be a complete downer here, but this is a huge step back for the Knicks.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2018  12:23 AM
This is why you don’t trade the 1st round pick when rebuilding. Shyt like this can happen.
Unicorn Down!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy