[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Package Willy - Make a Move - Do Something
Author Thread
NYStateOfMind
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5741
USA
2/6/2018  1:12 PM
If they plan to move Willy, why not move him to Denver and get Barton in some package. He could more play time there and be with his brother. Denver isn't sure they can keep Barton anyway. Or may a move already and get Willy more play time and see if he is worth keeping long-term already. This lack of direction is concerning. This ship seems rudderless the past few seasons. Same movie, same ending. Unwatchable lately. Poor execution, coaching, reffing. This must be a Tank. How many games can you lose by just that much? A lot it seems. It is well past getting old.
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/6/2018  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  1:41 PM
We have 5 centers and it's getting ugly, and these idiots are scared to death to make a move, or trade their young role players or future draft picks. As if they have been so successful drafting Gems and developing stars.

They are waiting for some team to call them and say, I'll give you our best player for noah and willy, or maybe franks.
They offered Cleveland frank and noah (no draft picks) for Kyrie, and a very similar package for bledsoe..

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2018  1:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:We have 5 centers and it's getting ugly, and these idiots are scared to death to make a move, or trade their young role players or future draft picks. As if they have been so successful drafting Gems and developing stars.

They are waiting for some team to call them and say, I'll give you our best player for noah and willy, or maybe franks.
They offered Cleveland frank and noah (no draft picks) for Kyrie, and a very similar package for bledsoe..

How do you know what Perry and his team are doing??? Stop assuming the Knicks are exactly the same as in the past just cuz they haven’t made a deal yet. I think as often happens we won’t know what deal is in the works. Perry has an incentive to try and make the best moves he can. He’s trying to make a name for himself. He’s not some older guy that has a long track record of success to live off of. My guess is he’s working hard to try and make something happen.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/6/2018  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  1:50 PM
I don't think it's right to name call at this point. Deadline didn't pass yet. Willy has been asking for more minutes all year and has been asking for a trade a few weeks now.

Perry and Mills are in charge now. Outside of the Melo trade, Beasley, Jack, Burke nothing much is going on. There next move will really be their second big move. Chill pills free at the bar

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
2/6/2018  2:32 PM
your right NIX, I don't know what they are doing, and nobody ever saw Melo going to the thunder as a remote option.

When you look at mills moves when he was the assistant, and then GM (2013/14 season), all i can think of was the bargiani trade, and JR smiths brother.

I didn't have a big issue with the THJ signing or the melo trade, i just figured that neither move would actually move the needle unless they sign a starting caliber pg, and when they didn't, i figured maybe they believe frank was good enough to be that starter after a couple of months in. But he is not even close which makes me question their judgment.

ES
NYStateOfMind
USA
2/6/2018  2:32 PM
Chill pills are why we see glimmers of hope but watch the same boring product year after boring year. Where is the plan and direction? Collect youth and do what with it? I don't see the Frank plan nor growth. I don't see the Will plan nor growth. KP hit a wall and is regressing. Horny is not handling the team nor the end of games well. Our lineup is unbalanced. We keep rerunning the same losing gameplan and losing by a bucket. We make no moves. We aren't good enough to make the playoffs or bad enough to get a pick that will matter.

The better teams get who they want and continue to do so. Ref calling is a joke, even at home. I'm an old school Knick fan, this is not fun to watch anymore and I do not see a plan to change that anytime soon. Noah signing should have never happened. If we can't or won't use him, swap him for an equally bad contract we will at least use to play in a position we aren't loaded in, it is just pure logic. I'd rather Faried or Randle/Deng. Mediocrity for this long is unacceptable for the NY Knicks, be relevant, don't just sell newspapers and tickets. Enough is enough.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2018  3:00 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:We have 5 centers and it's getting ugly, and these idiots are scared to death to make a move, or trade their young role players or future draft picks. As if they have been so successful drafting Gems and developing stars.

How do you know what Perry and his team are doing??? Stop assuming the Knicks are exactly the same as in the past just cuz they haven’t made a deal yet. I think as often happens we won’t know what deal is in the works. Perry has an incentive to try and make the best moves he can. He’s trying to make a name for himself. He’s not some older guy that has a long track record of success to live off of. My guess is he’s working hard to try and make something happen.

I've heard a few reporters say this year's trade market will be difficult to navigate because many teams are carrying a lot of salary and the cap hasn't grown the way many had hoped. You think Milwaukee would rather have Zeller over KOQ? I'm glad Perry has shown discipline. Remember, we could've been sitting here wondering how to move on from Ryan Anderson, in addition to Noah. I agree, a move would be nice. But your also right when you say it has to be in the best interest of the team. I know there are reports that teams have interest in some of our players, but we have no idea what packages they're offering. Teams are so used to taking advantage of this team that we need to be extra vigilant.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/6/2018  3:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I've heard a few reporters say this year's trade market will be difficult to navigate because many teams are carrying a lot of salary and the cap hasn't grown the way many had hoped. You think Milwaukee would rather have Zeller over KOQ? I'm glad Perry has shown discipline. Remember, we could've been sitting here wondering how to move on from Ryan Anderson, in addition to Noah. I agree, a move would be nice. But your also right when you say it has to be in the best interest of the team. I know there are reports that teams have interest in some of our players, but we have no idea what packages they're offering. Teams are so used to taking advantage of this team that we need to be extra vigilant.

Darn I wouldve taken Mil 2nd rd pick for Oquinn better than nothing!

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

2/6/2018  3:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I would've too, but Milwaukee's cap situation is so shaky that it'd be tough to make a deal, even if they wanted to.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
2/6/2018  3:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You would trade KOQ and his production for a G leaguer, which are what most 2nd rounders are..smh

ES
BigDaddyG

2/6/2018  3:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:You would trade KOQ and his production for a G leaguer, which are what most 2nd rounders are..smh

Do you think we're bringing him back? We're not getting a first for him and something is better than nothing.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
2/6/2018  4:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You would trade KOQ and his production for a G leaguer, which are what most 2nd rounders are..smh

Its pretty simple--you either get something or nothing. The team needs to be reassembled.

RIP Crushalot😞
Welpee
Member: #6239

2/6/2018  4:56 PM

Everybody wants things done yesterday. Suppose we had rushed and pulled the trigger on a Melo deal with Houston versus OKC just to get it done.
NYStateOfMind
USA
2/6/2018  5:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  5:22 PM
Welpee wrote:

Everybody wants things done yesterday. Suppose we had rushed and pulled the trigger on a Melo deal with Houston versus OKC just to get it done.

It is not a matter of yesterday, it is a matter of being proactive, not reactive of scraps. The deadline is in 2 days. We wait for what is left. Probably get nothing done. Watch this dysfunction the rest of the season. They have done nothing when they have had a lot of interest in several players. We won't keep them all, why not at least free up some cap and get picks. Play the kids and lose, we are losing ANYWAY and better our draft position.

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
2/6/2018  5:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  5:58 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Welpee wrote:

It is not a matter of yesterday, it is a matter of being proactive, not reactive of scraps. The deadline is in 2 days. We wait for what is left. Probably get nothing done. Watch this dysfunction the rest of the season. They have done nothing when they have had a lot of interest in several players. We won't keep them all, why not at least free up some cap and get picks. Play the kids and lose, we are losing ANYWAY and better our draft position.

Doing nothing is much better that make bad moves for instant fans gratification and selling some dreams to NY Knicks dreamers.
If nothing of value will present itself doing nothing is the best course of actions.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/6/2018  6:06 PM
Rather keep Willy and trade KO, LT and Lee. Makes no sense to trade a young asset who has little impact on our cap and is at his lowest value.(Lack of playing time and trade request rumors)

Trade those mentioned high and play Willy end of year to build his value back up.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Welpee

2/6/2018  6:34 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Most deals get done at the last minute so we're not likely missing out on anything 2 days out. GMs tend not to pull the trigger on deals until they're up against a deadline. Remember, the Melo deal didn't happen until right before training camp began. So I'm not worried and not having a deal yet doesn't indicate not being proactive.
Welpee

2/6/2018  6:36 PM
arkrud wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Doing nothing is much better that make bad moves for instant fans gratification and selling some dreams to NY Knicks dreamers.
If nothing of value will present itself doing nothing is the best course of actions.

I agree, either make a good deal or stand pat. And for god sake don't move that pick.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/6/2018  6:46 PM
I think KOQ is a good piece. Always works hard. He is a good rebounder, shooter, passer and shot blocker. Yes, he makes some bonehead mistakes often but his skills are good enough to be on a contender, IMO.

I would keep him at a modest deal. Good guy too.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/6/2018  6:48 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:If they plan to move Willy, why not move him to Denver and get Barton in some package. He could more play time there and be with his brother. Denver isn't sure they can keep Barton anyway. Or may a move already and get Willy more play time and see if he is worth keeping long-term already. This lack of direction is concerning. This ship seems rudderless the past few seasons. Same movie, same ending. Unwatchable lately. Poor execution, coaching, reffing. This must be a Tank. How many games can you lose by just that much? A lot it seems. It is well past getting old.

THat would be a good deal. They have JOkic but Willy could be a good backup for them. Helps NY at 2 spots.

Package Willy - Make a Move - Do Something

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy