[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sources: Willy Hernangomez seeking trade from Knicks
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/5/2018  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2018  3:25 PM
Could be a bit of exaggeration by Media.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/5/2018  4:12 PM
I don’t blame Willie for wanting out. This organization never learns same mistakes over and over. Why the hell does McDermott even play. That guy is absolutely trash. But hey Willie gets nothing to very little.

Same BS different year what ever you trade for has to be better than what you got.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/5/2018  4:15 PM
Vmart wrote:I don’t blame Willie for wanting out. This organization never learns same mistakes over and over. Why the hell does McDermott even play. That guy is absolutely trash. But hey Willie gets nothing to very little.

Same BS different year what ever you trade for has to be better than what you got.

there aren't any other small forwards. Knicks have a center glut and Willy has been out worked and out played by the guys in front of him.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/5/2018  4:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:I don’t blame Willie for wanting out. This organization never learns same mistakes over and over. Why the hell does McDermott even play. That guy is absolutely trash. But hey Willie gets nothing to very little.

there aren't any other small forwards. Knicks have a center glut and Willy has been out worked and out played by the guys in front of him.
unless they are getting a really good return i doubt he is traded. Seems like the media is trying to stir **** up. Willy said he is looking forward to the trade deadline which is not the same as demanding a trade
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/5/2018  4:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Maybe he thinks willy is a sf

ES
CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2018  5:21 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

unless they are getting a really good return i doubt he is traded. Seems like the media is trying to stir **** up. Willy said he is looking forward to the trade deadline which is not the same as demanding a trade
You definitely have to have filter for the media but Shams has been accurate with his reporting to date.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/5/2018  5:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2018  5:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You definitely have to have filter for the media but Shams has been accurate with his reporting to date.
It could be true. I definetly can tell that he is very frustrated. It seems like the Knicks are still high on him and unless they are getting a big return it makes little sense to get rid of him for the sake of it. KOQ is probably the one to go which makes more sense anyway
Vmart
USA
2/5/2018  6:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What I’m saying is Willie is a better basketball player than McDermott. But JH finds 101 ways to get McDermott playing time. The Knicks would be better off playing Beasley at SF and find time for Dotson They have Thomas also. I don’t buy that he didn’t earn it BS.

CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2018  7:07 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What I’m saying is Willie is a better basketball player than McDermott. But JH finds 101 ways to get McDermott playing time. The Knicks would be better off playing Beasley at SF and find time for Dotson They have Thomas also. I don’t buy that he didn’t earn it BS.

What have you thought of his play on the court when he has gotten minutes? I wouldn't describe his effort as that of someone hungry for minutes. Burke, Noah, Baker and Beasley fall into that category but not Willy in my opinion.
Vmart
USA
2/5/2018  7:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What have you thought of his play on the court when he has gotten minutes? I wouldn't describe his effort as that of someone hungry for minutes. Burke, Noah, Baker and Beasley fall into that category but not Willy in my opinion.

I have watched when Willie has gotten time and he been good. His defense is no worse than Kanters and his skills are right there with O’Quin. He isn’t getting the necessary PT along side KP and THJ. Personally I think he is the best passer on the team asides from any guards. Willie needs quality playing time along side the starter.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/5/2018  7:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2018  7:46 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I have watched when Willie has gotten time and he been good. His defense is no worse than Kanters and his skills are right there with O’Quin. He isn’t getting the necessary PT along side KP and THJ. Personally I think he is the best passer on the team asides from any guards. Willie needs quality playing time along side the starter.

Yo, dude, his effort on defense is sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, It's like he doesn't even give a fck most of the time. The only reason he got minutes last season was because there was no beasely and KANTER and noah was hurt.

Beasely at SF is horrible (can't spread the floor), and there's no way in this DAY and Age you can play two bigs and at least one can't stretch the floor consistently (how many 4th qtrs has kanter sat).

If he ran hard, played hard. played with some physicality like kanter and KOQ, and raised his extremely low defensive IQ, he would be getting minutes. The dude is 10x worse then Amare on defense even when Amare was 19

ES
reub
Member: #6227

2/5/2018  8:45 PM
Willy has barely played. It's not fair to judge him on 2 0r 3 minutes a week of playing time.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
2/5/2018  8:51 PM
reub wrote:Willy has barely played. It's not fair to judge him on 2 0r 3 minutes a week of playing time.

This team scks--play the guy????????????? I still dont get why he doenst play???

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/5/2018  9:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
fishmike wrote:he should be getting minutes. He's stuck right now but that is all salvageable. You only get to be young once. I dont blame these guys for lacking patience. Its up to the FO to navigate this well.

If he were playing like he did last year, he would be playing. Kanter and KOQ are playing much better basketball.

Cashing Willie in is a smart thing to do. He's not a fit with Porzingis while Kanter very much is. Willie is a nice trade chip.

This. Willie is in no position to make demands to anyone. Playing time will come eventually. He needs to play better if he wants to speed up that process. If the right trade offer comes around, I agree that we should do it. But the organization should not have into the demands of and under performing project. I don't know what's going on in practice, but his effort on the court has been erratic.

These kids came here to make a living playing basketball. If teh coach won't play them for the right or wrong reasons, they'll want to go somewhere else for a better shot at earning a bigger paycheck. If your workplace told you you would never be promoted for the rest of your career would you still work there? Or in this case you would never get an opportunity to prove yourself because the guys who get all the attention keep wanting more? He is absolutely withing his rights to demand a trade - it's his career at stake.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #3049

2/5/2018  9:22 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
fishmike wrote:he should be getting minutes. He's stuck right now but that is all salvageable. You only get to be young once. I dont blame these guys for lacking patience. Its up to the FO to navigate this well.

If he were playing like he did last year, he would be playing. Kanter and KOQ are playing much better basketball.

Cashing Willie in is a smart thing to do. He's not a fit with Porzingis while Kanter very much is. Willie is a nice trade chip.

This. Willie is in no position to make demands to anyone. Playing time will come eventually. He needs to play better if he wants to speed up that process. If the right trade offer comes around, I agree that we should do it. But the organization should not have into the demands of and under performing project. I don't know what's going on in practice, but his effort on the court has been erratic.

These kids came here to make a living playing basketball. If teh coach won't play them for the right or wrong reasons, they'll want to go somewhere else for a better shot at earning a bigger paycheck. If your workplace told you you would never be promoted for the rest of your career would you still work there? Or in this case you would never get an opportunity to prove yourself because the guys who get all the attention keep wanting more? He is absolutely withing his rights to demand a trade - it's his career at stake.

In this, his employer told him in exact details what he needed to improve on and he's failed to meet the challenge. Again, I can't judge what he does in practice, but his on the court effort has been up and down. I want him to stop whining about minutes and go earn them.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Member: #6227

2/5/2018  9:29 PM
Again, its not fair to even mention his on court performance when he's playing just a handful of minutes a week.
CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2018  10:09 PM
reub wrote:Again, its not fair to even mention his on court performance when he's playing just a handful of minutes a week.

I disagree. How can you judge him if you don't judge him based on his play? We don't get to see him in practice. We know the coach said he was feeling himself a bit in training camp and that he got beat out by Kyle and Kanter.
Vmart
USA
2/5/2018  10:20 PM
You have Willie on a friendly deal and the Knicks gonna mess that up and give O’Quin big money which will basically clog up the cap. Dumb shut organization.
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
2/5/2018  11:30 PM
Vmart wrote:You have Willie on a friendly deal and the Knicks gonna mess that up and give O’Quin big money which will basically clog up the cap. Dumb shut organization.

1) Make up unlikely scenario 2) accuse someone else of taking that scenario 3) call them dumb

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/5/2018  11:47 PM
Should give Willy, KP, Doug, Tim, Frank some run these last 25 games.
Just to see what they have.
They are the youngest players at each position with definite NBA ability but no idea of their ceiling or ideal role yet.

Play them to find out.

Sources: Willy Hernangomez seeking trade from Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.