[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sources: Willy Hernangomez seeking trade from Knicks
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #3049

2/5/2018  11:55 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-willy-hernangomez-seeking-trade-knicks-162934637.html

This kid has some gall....

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/5/2018  12:15 PM
he should be getting minutes. He's stuck right now but that is all salvageable. You only get to be young once. I dont blame these guys for lacking patience. Its up to the FO to navigate this well.
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/5/2018  12:17 PM
Thats the 2nd players in 2 weeks that wants nothing to do with this coaching staff. As i have said since last season, they do not know how to manage players, use players, or develop them.

Management has made it that much harder, by building on of the most lopsided Roster the knicks ever had. Not only do we have a roster full of players that play the same position, none are really better then the other.

If the players ahead of willy and noah were 5x better and we were winning, they would be humble cheerleaders. But there have been plenty of garbage mins that those guys couldn't get in.

ES
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/5/2018  12:18 PM
We may have been smart to keep him on the bench and avoid chance of him showing he has limited upside because he is virtually grounded to the floor and can't move his feet.

Give me Kanter and his warts (including his 1 more year at $19M if that has to be the case) over Willy who just seems soft on both ends to me.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/5/2018  12:20 PM
LivingLegend wrote:We may have been smart to keep him on the bench and avoid chance of him showing he has limited upside because he is virtually grounded to the floor and can't move his feet.

Give me Kanter and his warts (including his 1 more year at $19M if that has to be the case) over Willy who just seems soft on both ends to me.

Really, he's requesting a trade, which the knick lose leverage in any trade talks when that happens

ES
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

2/5/2018  12:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2018  12:23 PM
fishmike wrote:he should be getting minutes. He's stuck right now but that is all salvageable. You only get to be young once. I dont blame these guys for lacking patience. Its up to the FO to navigate this well.

If he were playing like he did last year, he would be playing. Kanter and KOQ are playing much better basketball.

Cashing Willie in is a smart thing to do. He's not a fit with Porzingis while Kanter very much is. Willie is a nice trade chip.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/5/2018  12:37 PM
fwk00 wrote:
fishmike wrote:he should be getting minutes. He's stuck right now but that is all salvageable. You only get to be young once. I dont blame these guys for lacking patience. Its up to the FO to navigate this well.

If he were playing like he did last year, he would be playing. Kanter and KOQ are playing much better basketball.

Cashing Willie in is a smart thing to do. He's not a fit with Porzingis while Kanter very much is. Willie is a nice trade chip.

While that may be true, it is all true the KOQ is gone next year and Willy was "part of young core"

anyone that honestly thought we should sacrifice development to play a veteran that's not going to be here next year is delusional. The coaches and FO botched the **** out of this one

GustavBahler said: Check please....
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/5/2018  12:41 PM
This just means KOQ will either be traded, or Willy's request will be honored. We need to keep 1 of these players long-term, and i would like Willy would be the choice given he's serviceable and on a cheap deal.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 151
Member: #508
USA
2/5/2018  1:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Thats the 2nd players in 2 weeks that wants nothing to do with this coaching staff. As i have said since last season, they do not know how to manage players, use players, or develop them.

Management has made it that much harder, by building on of the most lopsided Roster the knicks ever had. Not only do we have a roster full of players that play the same position, none are really better then the other.

If the players ahead of willy and noah were 5x better and we were winning, they would be humble cheerleaders. But there have been plenty of garbage mins that those guys couldn't get in.

2nd round willy makes the sophomore game and all rookie stuff last year.
Coach: Hornacek

How do how did coach "Undeveloped" him?
Noah: Can't beat out Kanter or KOQ. How is that coach fault?
We are not winning. Is that on Kanter? KOQ?
Why did management create the lopsided roster? Melo trade. Best trade possible.
Why won't they do something about it??? Maybe trade value is not creating a good trade.
Why does Knicks1248 repeat himself? Prefers to promote "see, told you we suck!!!" than "oh man, losing sucks".
Why does Nalod read this crap? I" dunno!"

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
Nalod
USA
2/5/2018  1:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:We may have been smart to keep him on the bench and avoid chance of him showing he has limited upside because he is virtually grounded to the floor and can't move his feet.

Really, he's requesting a trade, which the knick lose leverage in any trade talks when that happens

Willy Agent: Willy wants to play.
Perry: Why, he seems to be having fun on the bench!
Willy Agent: HE wants to be traded!
Perry: He wants to sit on the bench in Milwaukee?
Willy Agent: He wants to be traded!
Perry: We want to trade him!
Willy agent: Oh, well willy wants to be here and play!
Perry: Willy is part of our future
Willy agent: Willy wants to play now!
Perry" we want willy to play defense!
Willy Agent: Willy is unhappy!
Perry: im unhappy with willy!
Willy Agent: Willy wants to be traded!
Perry: Phuch off.
Willy agent: KP wants Willy to play!
Perry: KP wants willy to play defense!
Willy agent: Yeah, well, Um, Willy wants to be traded!
Perry: We want to trade willy!
Willy Agent: Willy is disgruntled!
Perry: Willy is the happiest muthaphucher I have ever seen!
Willy agent: Willy is putting on a good face, good teammate!
Perry: NOt good enough to play defense!
Willy agent: Willy wants......
Perry: Are you phuching stupid?

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
fishmike
USA
2/5/2018  1:24 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

While that may be true, it is all true the KOQ is gone next year and Willy was "part of young core"

anyone that honestly thought we should sacrifice development to play a veteran that's not going to be here next year is delusional. The coaches and FO botched the **** out of this one

not yet they havent. If the Knicks get value for KOQ than the coaching staff played this perfectly.

Play KOQ, get value, promote Willy.

Obviously other scenarios can happen but is the above either far fetched or poor management? That seems like being smart to me. Willy is under contract for 2 more years. He's just talking cause thats all he can do.

The perfect scenario is we play the vets, establish some style of play and important of defense, pump their value a bit, move them for assets and promote the young guys who are hungry to play and have watched the coach stress defense for the last 50 games.

Last two games the offense has been terrible but the Knicks are defending again and thats what you want to see. Lose tons of close games. Players know with better effort and execution these are all winnable. Thats how growth happens.

BigDaddyG

2/5/2018  1:27 PM
fwk00 wrote:

This. Willie is in no position to make demands to anyone. Playing time will come eventually. He needs to play better if he wants to speed up that process. If the right trade offer comes around, I agree that we should do it. But the organization should not have into the demands of and under performing project. I don't know what's going on in practice, but his effort on the court has been erratic.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
2/5/2018  1:47 PM
Why doesn't anyone call for Willy to play in the Gleague?
BigDaddyG

2/5/2018  1:52 PM
Nalod wrote:Why doesn't anyone call for Willy to play in the Gleague?

Don't want him cutting into Luke Kornet's minutes.

Nalod
USA
2/5/2018  2:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Why doesn't anyone call for Willy to play in the Gleague?

Don't want him cutting into Luke Kornet's minutes.

Hell no!!!!LOL!!
Funny, we had guys spewing "GLeague taught humbleness to Tim, it could work for frank!
Why did Frank need to be humbled?
Yet, It was willy that came to camp "full of himself" (via Hornacek)and needs the work?
Does Willy have a thing in his contract or a handshake agreement to not go down?
Personally I'd prefer to see all knicks succeed. Is Willy a "triangle only player"?

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/5/2018  2:15 PM
Willy has a low post game but he is slow footed and a slow jumper. He plays slow. Not sure what happened to him but he seemed quicker last season.

IDeally, NY can get a pick for him but I think its a 2 now...summer time could have been a 1. KOQ may get you a low 1. So do you trade KOQ and play Willy? I think KOQ is better now and has improved.

Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
SupremeCommander

2/5/2018  2:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

not yet they havent. If the Knicks get value for KOQ than the coaching staff played this perfectly.

Obviously other scenarios can happen but is the above either far fetched or poor management? That seems like being smart to me. Willy is under contract for 2 more years. He's just talking cause thats all he can do.

The perfect scenario is we play the vets, establish some style of play and important of defense, pump their value a bit, move them for assets and promote the young guys who are hungry to play and have watched the coach stress defense for the last 50 games.

Last two games the offense has been terrible but the Knicks are defending again and thats what you want to see. Lose tons of close games. Players know with better effort and execution these are all winnable. Thats how growth happens.

Willy wants out, that's botching it

not salvaging the situation would be a colossal **** up. but it's on these clowns for creating this situation in the first place

fishmike
USA
2/5/2018  2:49 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

not salvaging the situation would be a colossal **** up. but it's on these clowns for creating this situation in the first place

Willy is a kid in year 2 of his 4 year rookie deal. Babies throw fits. Good parents ride them out and focus that energy and not give up. He's not happy about not playing and especially while the team is not winning. There is nothing alarming happening here.
SupremeCommander

2/5/2018  3:08 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Willy is a kid in year 2 of his 4 year rookie deal. Babies throw fits. Good parents ride them out and focus that energy and not give up. He's not happy about not playing and especially while the team is not winning. There is nothing alarming happening here.

parents also develop their babies, unless you're the house of horror parents. then you shackle your baby to a bench.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/5/2018  3:19 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. They ****ed this up big time. No question about it. I'd talk Willy and his reps. off the ledge -- tell them he most definitely IS part of the future and to just sit tight for now. Unless I'm blown away for some reason, he's not going anywhere. No way I'm offloading him just to do it.

Sources: Willy Hernangomez seeking trade from Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.