Trade Deadline Thread 2018: 3pm ET Feb 8th
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

2/8/2018  11:26 AM
reub wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
reub wrote:It also seems that we're going hot and heavy for Elfrid Payton. I'll take him but not the hair visor.

I'd love to get Khem Birch and the rights to Janis Timma outta this deal too if it indeed has any legs.

What about Hezonja in a package with Payton?

It's a thought certainly, that dude's talented and young, but you would think that would require much more from us. We might be better off keeping this deal smaller--maybe try to steal what I consider 2 potentially very good role players for us, players the Magic may not be that high on and consider expendable.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2018  11:29 AM
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:Woj is reporting that Denver is looking to move Mudiay and also wants to deal Faried and his big contract and is willing to give up a pick to do it. We should be all over this. Mudiay is still only 21 and has improved his three point shot every year up to 37% now. Faried would help us plus we'd gain a draft pick.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961605118289379328

Faried's contract expires next year too. If we can acquire an expiring contract, Mudiay plus a pick we have to get this done.

Wow. I havent been following Mudiay, but this is a surprise, so soon. Did they get a new GM?

This is kind of thing I would expect from a new regime. Will have to look at his FG pct. Last time I checked, Mudiay couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.

His 2 point % is 41.4% but has improved a little each year. His 3 point % is up to 37.3% and has improved each year. His overall shooting % is 40%, but has improved each year plus he hasn't played that much, averaging 18 minutes/game.

I believe that the guy Perry really wants at PG is Payton and we might be able to acquire him.
But I would trade for Faried if we could acquire a pick from Denver to get it done. Right now Tankathon has Denver projected to pick at #19 in the draft.

Still NG. Surprised he is getting just 18 minutes, well maybe not, lol

It would have to be a sweetheart deal for me to want to see a move made.

We seem to be very interested in Payton.

Im on board with Payton, if Perry doesnt go overboard with an offer.

Have to always start by saying that I admire the effort Jack is putting in as the Starting PG, he's got a lot on his plate at this stage in his career.

We dont need an elite PG for the next few years to make some noise. Tanking or not we need an upgrade at PG. Payton might fit the bill.

Finestrg

2/8/2018  11:40 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:Woj is reporting that Denver is looking to move Mudiay and also wants to deal Faried and his big contract and is willing to give up a pick to do it. We should be all over this. Mudiay is still only 21 and has improved his three point shot every year up to 37% now. Faried would help us plus we'd gain a draft pick.

Faried's contract expires next year too. If we can acquire an expiring contract, Mudiay plus a pick we have to get this done.

Wow. I havent been following Mudiay, but this is a surprise, so soon. Did they get a new GM?

This is kind of thing I would expect from a new regime. Will have to look at his FG pct. Last time I checked, Mudiay couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.

His 2 point % is 41.4% but has improved a little each year. His 3 point % is up to 37.3% and has improved each year. His overall shooting % is 40%, but has improved each year plus he hasn't played that much, averaging 18 minutes/game.

I believe that the guy Perry really wants at PG is Payton and we might be able to acquire him.
But I would trade for Faried if we could acquire a pick from Denver to get it done. Right now Tankathon has Denver projected to pick at #19 in the draft.

Have to always start by saying that I admire the effort Jack is putting in as the Starting PG, he's got a lot on his plate at this stage in his career.

We dont need an elite PG for the next few years to make some noise. Tanking or not we need an upgrade at PG. Payton might fit the bill.

Ok, say the deal was for Payton, Khem Birch and the rights for Janis Timma. What would we have to give up for that? It would have to start with Ntilikina I guess, right? What else? Nitty, our lesser 2018 2nd rounder, the rights to Labeyrie and/or Jaramaz? Maybe we could swap out the 2018 2nd rounder for one of the future ones we just nabbed in the Willy H. deal? Thoughts?

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/8/2018  11:41 AM
reub wrote:We seem to be very interested in Payton.

I believe the unnamed quote was keeping tabs on Payton....that's it. Unless you heard anything differently. Because people are now talking about it online doesn't mean the knicks are any more interested than yesterday.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
GustavBahler

2/8/2018  11:55 AM
Finestrg wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Ok, say the deal was for Payton, Khem Birch and the rights for Janis Timma. What would we have to give up for that? It would have to start with Ntilikina I guess, right? What else? Nitty, our lesser 2018 2nd rounder, the rights to Labeyrie and/or Jaramaz? Maybe we could swap out the 2018 2nd rounder for one of the future ones we just nabbed in the Willy H. deal? Thoughts?

Wish I could give you a more informed opinion on the other players mentioned Finestrg. What do you know about Birch and Timma?

I wouldnt be surprised if Perry moved Frank, since he didnt draft him. Would start WWIII on this board, lol.

If Perry did move Frank for Payton, we would still have two good young penetrating PGs to rely on, wouldnt have to deal with what looks like years to wait on Frank. If he isnt traded, the extended PT might be his last chance to make a case for himself. Perry might look to draft a PG in tbe first round.

Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/8/2018  12:10 PM
Cavs just traded for Nance Jr. and Clarkson!!! nice....

wonder what the Cavs gave up

GustavBahler

2/8/2018  12:13 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Cavs just traded for Nance Jr. and Clarkson!!! nice....

wonder what the Cavs gave up

Wow, dont know what they gave up, but it looks like a clutch move by their GM.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/8/2018  12:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  12:17 PM
Just heard I. THOMAS, C Frye and Cavs 2018 first rd. pick for Lakers Clarkson & Nance Jr.

Sucks for I. Thomas. Dude was on top of the NBA world just a year ago

Andrew
USA
2/8/2018  12:16 PM
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
2/8/2018  12:17 PM
Andrew wrote:

and a protected 2018 pick

PURE KNICKS LOVE
GustavBahler

2/8/2018  12:18 PM
Andrew wrote:

And their first

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2018  12:18 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

2/8/2018  12:22 PM
Thomas didnt look like a good fit, didnt look like he was trying. They also dont have to worry about his hip.
martin
USA
2/8/2018  12:23 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Thomas didnt look like a good fit, didnt look like he was trying. They also dont have to worry about his hip.

Yeah, doesn't play a lick of defense, can't shoot, criticized the coach, got into it with Love. I am sure CLE is all GOOD RIDDANCE.

magicTs
Member: #5564

2/8/2018  12:25 PM
So, the Cavaliers traded Kyrie Irving, Channing Frye and a first-round pick for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, a first-rounder and a second. Lol. Celtics killed it.
martin
USA
2/8/2018  12:32 PM
magicTs wrote:So, the Cavaliers traded Kyrie Irving, Channing Frye and a first-round pick for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, a first-rounder and a second. Lol. Celtics killed it.

Right

GustavBahler

2/8/2018  12:38 PM
martin wrote:
magicTs wrote:So, the Cavaliers traded Kyrie Irving, Channing Frye and a first-round pick for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, a first-rounder and a second. Lol. Celtics killed it.

Right

Good call! Still a great save by the Cavs, this season.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2018  12:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  12:44 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Thomas didnt look like a good fit, didnt look like he was trying. They also dont have to worry about his hip.

Yeah, doesn't play a lick of defense, can't shoot, criticized the coach, got into it with Love. I am sure CLE is all GOOD RIDDANCE.

I mean,Lee and KOQ would have been a better fit for the Cavs win now agenda, but whatever...I'm confident we'll find nice homes with healthy environments for our guys. They're to good for that. Crapshoot in Cleveland.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2018  12:45 PM
Seemed IT was toxic to their chemistry and had to go. Think his sisters death and him feeling betrayed by Boston has left him with some stuff he's struggling with
Finestrg

2/8/2018  12:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  12:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Wish I could give you a more informed opinion on the other players mentioned Finestrg. What do you know about Birch and Timma?

I wouldnt be surprised if Perry moved Frank, since he didnt draft him. Would start WWIII on this board, lol.

If Perry did move Frank for Payton, we would still have two good young penetrating PGs to rely on, wouldnt have to deal with what looks like years to wait on Frank. If he isnt traded, the extended PT might be his last chance to make a case for himself. Perry might look to draft a PG in tbe first round.

Birch is a player I've seen a lot of in the DL/GL the past few years. He's a little thin for a 4 (maybe 230 lbs?) but very active--very good rebounder, EXCELLENT shot-blocker and he's far from a stiff offensively (he's got some jump shooting from 15' and offers something in the post--more in the post than Kyle O'Quinn imo). Timma I've only seen tape of but I like him -- talented 2/3 -- solid 3 point shooter, has a little post game, very good athlete, looks strong/tough, KP's teammate in Latvia so there would be some immediate synergy there).

Two other players I'm keeping a close eye on -- Antonio Blakeney (CHI) and Jordan Mickey (MIA). Blakeney's a two-way player for CHI making only $75,000 this year (still trying to confirm but apparently a FA next season). As for Mickey, either he's a FA next year (per Hoopshype) or the Heat have a team option on him for a little over $1.6mm (Spotrac). The Heat also have a huge payroll next year--over $144mm. Maybe Mickey, if he really does hold a team option, is a guy the team looks to trim. I like both players A LOT for our rebuild -- Blakeney has potential to be a MONSTER scorer in the NBA--reminds me of Jamal Crawford a lot, potential to be even better; and I like Mickey's game a lot too -- not the biggest 4-man around (6'8" 240) but very mobile with a ton of length and a very good skill level. Briggs has talked about him before -- very good take to the basket with a real low dribble, good finisher w/both hands, solid rebounder, a post game, very effective shot-blocker and he can shoot too, all the way out to 3. Very quietly, he's got a very nice all-around game. I used to think Mickey was strictly a Clarence Witherspoon clone but he's more than that -- when you watch him carefully, he actually reminds you of a poor man's Antoine Walker offensively, only with much better defense. Blakeney's only 21 years old, Mickey 23. Both guys killed the GL and have performed well in the NBA. If there was a way to get either guy cheap before the trade deadline, I think the Knicks should take a look at that. We obviously don't need any homerun trades now but looking to add some future building block-type role players could really help us. Also love the idea of signing Cat Barber, Christian Wood and Brandon Ashley from GL for the same purpose.

Trade Deadline Thread 2018: 3pm ET Feb 8th

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy