Member: #452
USA
2/6/2018  11:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

A bit concerned that the Knicks want a point guard with more athleticism to open things up and make the game easier for KP not even 7 months after they passed on that type of player in the draft to take Frank. I think they need that type of player but why not get that guy in the draft if it is a need.

Tired of seeing so little progress, and still hearing what a prodigy Frank is. He' smart, eager to learn, but I dont see a player who can be described as "hungry". I see a player who is twice the size of Trey Burke who still plays scared. Thats not about being raw.

As a fan Im usually more patient when it comes to developing players, but not when its a high pick who plays scared most of the time.

I am in the same place. I have to try hard not to be too critical when I watch him play.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
USA
2/6/2018  11:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

Depends on the deal. That Noah/Biyombo trade ia interesting. Maybe a package deal. Do not want to see the Knicks going into next season with Frank penciled in as the starting PG.

I have no problem bringing in a Payton type to hold the starting PG spot for another year. But i don't want to see 30+million invested in a THJ/Payton backcourt. I also have no interest in a Biyombo/Noah trade if it means giving up a first-rounder. If that's the case, then I'd rather have Noah sit on the bench or his couch.

Wouldnt give up a 1st either. Those second rounders maybe. Like the year less on his deal. Biyombo might need a change of scenery.

Biyombo has a player option. You know he ain't opting out, so the length is the same. I would consider it if there was some financial relief, but the only difference would be seeing Biyombo ride the pine instead of Noah.

I also am a bit worried when a gm brings his guys over that weren't his best signings/trades. Walsh did that.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2018  11:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Depends on the deal. That Noah/Biyombo trade ia interesting. Maybe a package deal. Do not want to see the Knicks going into next season with Frank penciled in as the starting PG.

I have no problem bringing in a Payton type to hold the starting PG spot for another year. But i don't want to see 30+million invested in a THJ/Payton backcourt. I also have no interest in a Biyombo/Noah trade if it means giving up a first-rounder. If that's the case, then I'd rather have Noah sit on the bench or his couch.

Wouldnt give up a 1st either. Those second rounders maybe. Like the year less on his deal. Biyombo might need a change of scenery.

Biyombo has a player option. You know he ain't opting out, so the length is the same. I would consider it if there was some financial relief, but the only difference would be seeing Biyombo ride the pine instead of Noah.

I also am a bit worried when a gm brings his guys over that weren't his best signings/trades. Walsh did that.

And Isaiah. And Mills during his short stint as GM lol....crap. Kristaps tore ACL.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/6/2018  11:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

And Isaiah. And Mills during his short stint as GM lol....crap. Kristaps tore ACL.

Worst case scenario, we get a younger player who will likely opt out a year early if he plays well, to test the market, and we add some D.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/7/2018  11:17 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

A bit concerned that the Knicks want a point guard with more athleticism to open things up and make the game easier for KP not even 7 months after they passed on that type of player in the draft to take Frank. I think they need that type of player but why not get that guy in the draft if it is a need.

Keep it down.....there ar many on here that dont like to be reminded when they are wrong.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/7/2018  3:10 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Keep it down.....there ar many on here that dont like to be reminded when they are wrong.

This kind of take is such BS!!! Since when do you stop adding talent at positions? You’re supposed to keep improving your roster. Frank was raw when drafted and they knew that it was going to take time for him to mature and develop. They weren’t looking for short SG’s. DM is not a PG. Frank is a Pass first Guard that has potential Elite D. This team seriously needed defensive players on the perimeter!

19 yr old Frank holds the BEST efficiency next to KP and helps the team play better defense. 105.9 Defensive Rating with Frank but 111.1 without Frank. Stop trashing our own prospect simply because he’s young and still developing.

CrushAlot
USA
2/7/2018  3:24 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

This kind of take is such BS!!! Since when do you stop adding talent at positions? You’re supposed to keep improving your roster. Frank was raw when drafted and they knew that it was going to take time for him to mature and develop. They weren’t looking for short SG’s. DM is not a PG. Frank is a Pass first Guard that has potential Elite D. This team seriously needed defensive players on the perimeter!

19 yr old Frank holds the BEST efficiency next to KP and helps the team play better defense. 105.9 Defensive Rating with Frank but 111.1 without Frank. Stop trashing our own prospect simply because he’s young and still developing.

You don't trade for a former lottery pick, starting point guard that is only 23 years old when you just drafted your franchise point guard for the next 10 years unless something is wrong. Payton isn't a grizzled vet holding down the fort until Frank is ready and Mills is committed to Hardaway.
nixluva
USA
2/7/2018  4:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You don't trade for a former lottery pick, starting point guard that is only 23 years old when you just drafted your franchise point guard for the next 10 years unless something is wrong. Payton isn't a grizzled vet holding down the fort until Frank is ready and Mills is committed to Hardaway.

What you’re saying isn’t true. You should be upgrading talent when you’re team needs young talent. Why should the Knicks not upgrade when they have Frank who will still not turn 20 before the next Draft? How many 20 yr old PG’s are leading young teams to big win totals? This is a rebuild that’s going to take years to complete.

It’s a positive that Frank is as young as he is. The next couple of drafts the Knicks will be adding more young kids. Frank at 20 and 21 is still gonna be YEARS away from his prime. In fact Jerian Grant was 23 in his rookie season. Frank is 4 years from 23!!!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/7/2018  10:09 PM
This management team didn’t draft Frank and I don’t believe Frank is safe if they like say a Payton.
nixluva
USA
2/7/2018  11:13 PM
LivingLegend wrote:This management team didn’t draft Frank and I don’t believe Frank is safe if they like say a Payton.

Safe from what exactly? You can't believe they'd try to trade Frank after part of his rookie season at 19? I don't think that's how they're thinking at all. Seems to me that they are only being reasonable with a kid that still has a way to go in developing physically and mentally.

For example look at how Boston was patient with Terry Rozier! Rozier went from shooting 27.4% 22.2% 3pt as a rookie to 36.7% 31.8% 3pt to 39.6% 37.3% 3pt shooting this year. Rozier was 21 in his rookie year. There's every reason to be patient with 19 yr old Frank.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

2/8/2018  12:25 AM
NardDogNation wrote:Gortat's available. Can we flip Kanter for him, Jason Smith and their first round pick? Gortat makes less money than Kanter, so maybe we could dump him on another team to free up some money.

Kanter, Dotson and an unprotected first round pick might get you John Wall.

From ages 28-32, Wall will make 38-47 million a year. Think about that. At age 32, Wall will make 47 million that year.

Wizards have no business being in the tax zone and the repeater tax zone for their roster.

I'm not assessing that it's a good or bad trade, or that this would be the best offer for the Wizards, but I do know they want to move Wall. His contract is basically franchise death to them.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/8/2018  10:11 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

For all we know they may view Payton as a future 6th man/elite backup. There is really no way to know.

reub
Member: #6227

2/8/2018  10:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  10:18 AM
Woj is reporting that Denver is looking to move Mudiay and also wants to deal Faried and his big contract and is willing to give up a pick to do it. We should be all over this. Mudiay is still only 21 and has improved his three point shot every year up to 37% now. Faried would help us plus we'd gain a draft pick.

Faried's contract expires next year too. If we can acquire an expiring contract, Mudiay plus a pick we have to get this done.

reub

2/8/2018  10:20 AM
It also seems that we're going hot and heavy for Elfrid Payton. I'll take him but not the hair visor.
GustavBahler

2/8/2018  10:24 AM
reub wrote:Woj is reporting that Denver is looking to move Mudiay and also wants to deal Faried and his big contract and is willing to give up a pick to do it. We should be all over this. Mudiay is still only 21 and has improved his three point shot every year up to 37% now. Faried would help us plus we'd gain a draft pick.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961605118289379328

Faried's contract expires next year too. If we can acquire an expiring contract, Mudiay plus a pick we have to get this done.

Wow. I havent been following Mudiay, but this is a surprise, so soon. Did they get a new GM?

This is kind of thing I would expect from a new regime. Will have to look at his FG pct. Last time I checked, Mudiay couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.

reub

2/8/2018  10:30 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:Woj is reporting that Denver is looking to move Mudiay and also wants to deal Faried and his big contract and is willing to give up a pick to do it. We should be all over this. Mudiay is still only 21 and has improved his three point shot every year up to 37% now. Faried would help us plus we'd gain a draft pick.

Wow. I havent been following Mudiay, but this is a surprise, so soon. Did they get a new GM?

This is kind of thing I would expect from a new regime. Will have to look at his FG pct. Last time I checked, Mudiay couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.

His 2 point % is 41.4% but has improved a little each year. His 3 point % is up to 37.3% and has improved each year. His overall shooting % is 40%, but has improved each year plus he hasn't played that much, averaging 18 minutes/game.

I believe that the guy Perry really wants at PG is Payton and we might be able to acquire him.
But I would trade for Faried if we could acquire a pick from Denver to get it done. Right now Tankathon has Denver projected to pick at #19 in the draft.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/8/2018  10:57 AM
reub wrote:It also seems that we're going hot and heavy for Elfrid Payton. I'll take him but not the hair visor.

I'd love to get Khem Birch and the rights to Janis Timma outta this deal too if it indeed has any legs.

reub

2/8/2018  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2018  11:06 AM
Finestrg wrote:
reub wrote:It also seems that we're going hot and heavy for Elfrid Payton. I'll take him but not the hair visor.

I'd love to get Khem Birch and the rights to Janis Timma outta this deal too if it indeed has any legs.

What about Hezonja in a package with Payton?
GustavBahler

2/8/2018  11:18 AM
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

His 2 point % is 41.4% but has improved a little each year. His 3 point % is up to 37.3% and has improved each year. His overall shooting % is 40%, but has improved each year plus he hasn't played that much, averaging 18 minutes/game.

I believe that the guy Perry really wants at PG is Payton and we might be able to acquire him.
But I would trade for Faried if we could acquire a pick from Denver to get it done. Right now Tankathon has Denver projected to pick at #19 in the draft.

Still NG. Surprised he is getting just 18 minutes, well maybe not, lol

It would have to be a sweetheart deal for me to want to see a move made.

reub

2/8/2018  11:20 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Still NG. Surprised he is getting just 18 minutes, well maybe not, lol

It would have to be a sweetheart deal for me to want to see a move made.

We seem to be very interested in Payton.
Trade Deadline Thread 2018: 3pm ET Feb 8th

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy