[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Deadline Thread 2018: 3pm ET Feb 8th
Author Thread
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/6/2018  8:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  8:40 AM
LivingLegend wrote:I would settle for something like Lee/Willy for Harkless/Vonley and a 2nd round pick.

In this scenario we at least get more athletic, we get a left SF wing-defender and we clear up the center glut while getting 2 younger (24) and (22).

Harkless is a bum. I don't understand why guys want him. He's like a younger Lance Thomas except we don't know what type of teammate he is. The idea that he's gong with potential is a fraud. He's playing in Portland. They have no choice but to play him and he's terrible

You know why I'm here....
AUTOADVERT
dwiley20
Posts: 20520
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/18/2014
Member: #5755

2/6/2018  2:58 PM
Trade Oquinn for Smart....ship Lance and Lee for a first Rounder
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/6/2018  4:43 PM
dwiley20 wrote:Trade Oquinn for Smart....ship Lance and Lee for a first Rounder

Is it that easy? Didn't Boston just sign Monroe? Do they need A KOQ trade now? Answer is no... as far as lance and Lee... if you can get a 1st rounder for them, the gm that makes that trade should be fired immediately

You know why I'm here....
NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

2/6/2018  6:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  6:53 PM
Gortat's available. Can we flip Kanter for him, Jason Smith and their first round pick? Gortat makes less money than Kanter, so maybe we could dump him on another team to free up some money.
Welpee
Posts: 21975
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

2/6/2018  7:02 PM
O'Quinn and Beasley to Detroit for Johnson and their 1st (currently #13 but would certainly be lower as they make a push for the playoffs).
NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

2/6/2018  7:43 PM
Welpee wrote:O'Quinn and Beasley to Detroit for Johnson and their 1st (currently #13 but would certainly be lower as they make a push for the playoffs).

Why would they give up a pick for a guy that would be a backup on their team and exasperates their depth issues at the swingman spots?

Welpee
Posts: 21975
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

2/6/2018  7:56 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:O'Quinn and Beasley to Detroit for Johnson and their 1st (currently #13 but would certainly be lower as they make a push for the playoffs).

Why would they give up a pick for a guy that would be a backup on their team and exasperates their depth issues at the swingman spots?

Just felt obligated to post dumb trade ideas just like everyone else.
NardDogNation
Posts: 26752
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

2/6/2018  8:10 PM
Welpee wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:O'Quinn and Beasley to Detroit for Johnson and their 1st (currently #13 but would certainly be lower as they make a push for the playoffs).

Why would they give up a pick for a guy that would be a backup on their team and exasperates their depth issues at the swingman spots?

Just felt obligated to post dumb trade ideas just like everyone else.

I definitely think this fits into a different category then.

martin
Posts: 47523
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/6/2018  8:32 PM
Welpee wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Welpee wrote:O'Quinn and Beasley to Detroit for Johnson and their 1st (currently #13 but would certainly be lower as they make a push for the playoffs).

Why would they give up a pick for a guy that would be a backup on their team and exasperates their depth issues at the swingman spots?

Just felt obligated to post dumb trade ideas just like everyone else.

OK that was funny

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25927
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/6/2018  9:34 PM
Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Posts: 34428
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/6/2018  9:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

BigDaddyG
Posts: 25927
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/6/2018  10:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Posts: 34428
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/6/2018  10:23 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

Depends on the deal. That Noah/Biyombo trade ia interesting. Maybe a package deal. Do not want to see the Knicks going into next season with Frank penciled in as the starting PG.

CrushAlot
Posts: 56906
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2018  10:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

A bit concerned that the Knicks want a point guard with more athleticism to open things up and make the game easier for KP not even 7 months after they passed on that type of player in the draft to take Frank. I think they need that type of player but why not get that guy in the draft if it is a need.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25927
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/6/2018  10:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

Depends on the deal. That Noah/Biyombo trade ia interesting. Maybe a package deal. Do not want to see the Knicks going into next season with Frank penciled in as the starting PG.

I have no problem bringing in a Payton type to hold the starting PG spot for another year. But i don't want to see 30+million invested in a THJ/Payton backcourt. I also have no interest in a Biyombo/Noah trade if it means giving up a first-rounder. If that's the case, then I'd rather have Noah sit on the bench or his couch.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Posts: 34428
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/6/2018  10:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2018  10:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

A bit concerned that the Knicks want a point guard with more athleticism to open things up and make the game easier for KP not even 7 months after they passed on that type of player in the draft to take Frank. I think they need that type of player but why not get that guy in the draft if it is a need.

Tired of seeing so little progress, and still hearing what a prodigy Frank is. He' smart, eager to learn, but I dont see a player who can be described as "hungry". I see a player who is twice the size of Trey Burke who still plays scared. Thats not about being raw.

As a fan Im usually more patient when it comes to developing players, but not when its a high pick who plays scared most of the time.

GustavBahler
Posts: 34428
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/6/2018  10:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

Depends on the deal. That Noah/Biyombo trade ia interesting. Maybe a package deal. Do not want to see the Knicks going into next season with Frank penciled in as the starting PG.

I have no problem bringing in a Payton type to hold the starting PG spot for another year. But i don't want to see 30+million invested in a THJ/Payton backcourt. I also have no interest in a Biyombo/Noah trade if it means giving up a first-rounder. If that's the case, then I'd rather have Noah sit on the bench or his couch.

Wouldnt give up a 1st either. Those second rounders maybe. Like the year less on his deal. Biyombo might need a change of scenery.

nixluva
Posts: 56214
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2018  10:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

A bit concerned that the Knicks want a point guard with more athleticism to open things up and make the game easier for KP not even 7 months after they passed on that type of player in the draft to take Frank. I think they need that type of player but why not get that guy in the draft if it is a need.

Tired of seeing so little progress, and still hearing what a prodigy Frank is. He' smart, eager to learn, but I dont see a player who can be described as "hungry". I see a player who is twice the size of Trey Burke who still plays scared. Thats not about being raw.

As a fan Im usually more patient much when it comes to developing players, but not when its a high pick who plays scared most of the time.

You can’t read that much into it. Frank is stuck cuz the game is still a bit too fast for him and his offense is raw. This was known when they drafted him. They weren’t drafting a finished product. You take Frank cuz you believe he will eventually be a VERY good player. He still has that potential NOTHING changed.

You make a deal for Payton cuz you don’t want to rely on Jack again if you can add a younger talent. It’s insurance and it’s SMART. If Frank makes a huge jump fine. If not you still have a PG as Frank continues to develop.

Jmpasq
Posts: 23431
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/6/2018  10:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:Trade Oquinn for Smart....ship Lance and Lee for a first Rounder

Is it that easy? Didn't Boston just sign Monroe? Do they need A KOQ trade now? Answer is no... as far as lance and Lee... if you can get a 1st rounder for them, the gm that makes that trade should be fired immediately

LOL right who is giving us a first rounder for Lance Thomas. Lee isn't worth a first either

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG
Posts: 25927
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/6/2018  10:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Elfrid Payton...
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/

OK, but leave the haircut!

He's OK, but he's a free agent this summer. We need to preserve the cap.

Depends on the deal. That Noah/Biyombo trade ia interesting. Maybe a package deal. Do not want to see the Knicks going into next season with Frank penciled in as the starting PG.

I have no problem bringing in a Payton type to hold the starting PG spot for another year. But i don't want to see 30+million invested in a THJ/Payton backcourt. I also have no interest in a Biyombo/Noah trade if it means giving up a first-rounder. If that's the case, then I'd rather have Noah sit on the bench or his couch.

Wouldnt give up a 1st either. Those second rounders maybe. Like the year less on his deal. Biyombo might need a change of scenery.

Biyombo has a player option. You know he ain't opting out, so the length is the same. I would consider it if there was some financial relief, but the only difference would be seeing Biyombo ride the pine instead of Noah.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Trade Deadline Thread 2018: 3pm ET Feb 8th

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.