[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Deadline Thread 2018: 3pm ET Feb 8th
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/3/2018  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2018  2:22 PM
Wow, the trade deadline is coming up fast- weird having it before the allstar game.

So what deals are people hoping for?

I see OKC are interested in Avery Bradley, which suggests they would be interested in Lee. They can't trade picks, but would you do Roberson (doubt he recovers from the ruptured patella, so you're looking at 2 years at $10mil per of cap space taken up after this season) and Terrance Ferguson? Haven't seen the latter play much, but he's young and maybe more obtainable than a first round pick will be.

I'm still holding out hope for a Twolves deal- they can move a first, and need a bench upgrade.

At this point I'm happy keeping Lance, and am willing to trade one of Willy and KOQ, and either Lee or Kanter, whichever can snag the better deal. I suspect the market for front court players won't be great as there will likely be some decent big men after the deadline available via buyouts, probably Brook Lopez and Noah, plus a fair few are or have been available for trading, like Julius Randle

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/3/2018  3:18 PM
Atlanta is open for business.

The two players I would target and try to close on quickly would be Dedmon and Dorsey.

I'd attempt to send Willie and two expirings; Jack and McDermott.

Willie will eventually be a star but will save them a bundle over Dedmon now.

Jack allows them to trade off Schroder. McDermott will remind them of Korver who they probably miss.

Dedmon is a KOQ replacement with a few more hops, slightly more expensive but a damned fine center option. Dorsey being just a nice, young stowaway.

Atlanta basically replaces Dedmon with a future star and saves money.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/3/2018  4:03 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fwk00

2/3/2018  4:24 PM
Utah's open for business but has little of interest.

CLee for Rubio works technically but may not work for Utah - CLee being a longer deal.

fwk00

2/3/2018  4:28 PM
Love to see Oubre and Smith for KOQ, Dotson and the first-rounder.
fwk00

2/3/2018  4:35 PM
By the end of next week would love to see something along the lines of Rubio/Frankie/Burke, THJ/Baker/Dorsey, Oubre/Thomas, KP/Beasley/Smith, Kanter/Dedmon/Kornet plus a few 10 days.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/3/2018  5:11 PM
fwk00 wrote:Utah's open for business but has little of interest.

CLee for Rubio works technically but may not work for Utah - CLee being a longer deal.

I would still love Rubio. Does Utah view Mitchell as a 1 or 2?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/3/2018  5:56 PM
Shabazz wants out in Minny.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/4/2018  10:41 AM
Rubio would make KP better, IMO. He knows the euro game so well. Also he could mentor Frank much better as they are similar players. I think Frank has more ability though.

They don't need Lee...they are not a playoff team, so they would want youth...

fwk00

2/4/2018  11:31 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Rubio would make KP better, IMO. He knows the euro game so well. Also he could mentor Frank much better as they are similar players. I think Frank has more ability though.

They don't need Lee...they are not a playoff team, so they would want youth...

That's the problem. Unless they're anxious to move Rubio its hard to match salaries with "youthful" contracts. Lee would be a nice addition though and very tradeable come summer for them.

smackeddog
2/4/2018  2:17 PM
Woj says Celtics are willing to move Marcus Smart for a first (anxious about paying him as he's an restricted free agent). I like him, but he always looks a bit chunky- I'd worry about him gaining weight once he signs a contract.

Celtics are also interested in Lou Williams and Tyreke Evans

I do wonder if the cavs will trade Lebron at the deadline- Cavs are a disaster, if I were them I'd move him for something now and tank the rest of the year, could end up with 2 top ten picks in this years draft (they already have the Nets).

Knixkik
USA
2/4/2018  7:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:Woj says Celtics are willing to move Marcus Smart for a first (anxious about paying him as he's an restricted free agent). I like him, but he always looks a bit chunky- I'd worry about him gaining weight once he signs a contract.

I do wonder if the cavs will trade Lebron at the deadline- Cavs are a disaster, if I were them I'd move him for something now and tank the rest of the year, could end up with 2 top ten picks in this years draft (they already have the Nets).

Doesn't LeBron have a no trade clause ?

smackeddog
2/4/2018  8:40 PM
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Woj says Celtics are willing to move Marcus Smart for a first (anxious about paying him as he's an restricted free agent). I like him, but he always looks a bit chunky- I'd worry about him gaining weight once he signs a contract.

Judging by the mess the Cavs are in, I do wonder if he might be willing to go to his chosen team now rather than wait until the offseason- with a trade he gets to keep his bird rights

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/5/2018  10:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Yes he does. What I don't know is does he have an opt out or is he just unrestricted.
If he can move now to a contender it gives him a shot at a ring this year.
Makes sense but I would imagine nobody does a short term rental with him for what it would take.
So he'd need to commit. Lakers have the yoots, but would not have much left to make a run this year. Not sure next either even if they sign PG13.
I assume they can keep Ball but Clev would want Ingram, a future pick plus what ever to make the numbers work.
Funny still the most logical partner is Celtics but that would be dealing Kyrie dirty.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/5/2018  10:47 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Yes he does. What I don't know is does he have an opt out or is he just unrestricted.
Makes sense but I would imagine nobody does a short term rental with him for what it would take.
So he'd need to commit. Lakers have the yoots, but would not have much left to make a run this year. Not sure next either even if they sign PG13.
I assume they can keep Ball but Clev would want Ingram, a future pick plus what ever to make the numbers work.
Funny still the most logical partner is Celtics but that would be dealing Kyrie dirty.

Trading Lebron... holy crap. It's player option for next year...

The contract, as first reported Thursday, includes a player's option worth roughly $36 million in Year 3 of the deal, and will indeed make James the highest-paid player in the NBA this season at $31 million.
The contract also includes a "trade kicker," something that was a part of each of his previous two contracts with the Cavs, in which James would get an extra sum of money equal to 15 percent of the remaining value of his contract if he were dealt to another team.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/5/2018  11:00 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Trading Lebron... holy crap. It's player option for next year...

The contract, as first reported Thursday, includes a player's option worth roughly $36 million in Year 3 of the deal, and will indeed make James the highest-paid player in the NBA this season at $31 million.
The contract also includes a "trade kicker," something that was a part of each of his previous two contracts with the Cavs, in which James would get an extra sum of money equal to 15 percent of the remaining value of his contract if he were dealt to another team.

Thanks for looking that up.
I suppose he can waive the kicker but that's a big nut to fill!
Im sure he'd love to get paid 36mil and make Gilbert sign those checks!
Is Lebron worth trading for even if you can have him for two playoff runs assuming he does not opt out?
Is Gilbert daring him to free agency?

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/5/2018  12:21 PM
I would settle for something like Lee/Willy for Harkless/Vonley and a 2nd round pick.

In this scenario we at least get more athletic, we get a left SF wing-defender and we clear up the center glut while getting 2 younger (24) and (22).

Knixkik
USA
2/5/2018  1:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Judging by the mess the Cavs are in, I do wonder if he might be willing to go to his chosen team now rather than wait until the offseason- with a trade he gets to keep his bird rights

I don't see that as possible. LeBron acts like he doesn't want the attention, but i think most of us know LeBron enjoys free agency and wants people speculating about his future for as long as possible. He will take his time and likely hold up free agency this summer.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/5/2018  8:18 PM
Rumor mill is extremely quiet...

Nothing is buzzing. The nets made another trade today. They have seriously been wheeling and dealing at every opportunity.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/5/2018  8:24 PM
EnySpree wrote:Rumor mill is extremely quiet...

Nothing is buzzing. The nets made another trade today. They have seriously been wheeling and dealing at every opportunity.

I think it wll pick up tomorrow. There have been a few big trades lately but i think it gets busier on the 7th.
Trade Deadline Thread 2018: 3pm ET Feb 8th

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy