[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time for Frank, Willy, Burke to get more minutes.
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/3/2018  9:35 AM
Time for Frank to get 30 plus, Willy 20 and Burke 20. Why? Because I'm tired of every wannabe armchair GM's saying they should. Same **** they said with Jimmer, Randle etc etc. Dreaming of some long shot savior. The coaches watch these guys every day, know their deficiencies and are best suited to decide which rookie is ready. Besides, what happened to the idea that they can learn from the bench. Unless we are throwing in the towel, (probably with 20 games left) then you play the rookies.

Last night was a good example. Good game on the road and we were in it and should have won the game. Definitely did not lose because the young guys did not get enough minutes. Reason we lost is because our franchise all star player failed, yet again, to have one single assist. Our sharp shooting free agent signing was not sharp. Think we have seen a pattern, the better players on the team are not doing anything besides scoring. Rarely are they looking to set anyone else up. If these are our two core players, they need to learn how to play better team ball.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/3/2018  9:38 AM
The amount of minutes Jack is getting are ridiculous. Frank is improving and needs more minutes.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/3/2018  9:57 AM
Knixkik wrote:The amount of minutes Jack is getting are ridiculous. Frank is improving and needs more minutes.

He had a good game last night but when you say he is improving, exactly what stats show that? He has one good game then 2 or 3 bad ones. He was -30 vs Boston. Had a 6 game run in January where he went 4 for twenty and averaged 20 minutes? The defense is guarding 4 guys when he is out there.

Like I said, JH wants to win games. He is best to say who give us the best chance. Now If your talking giving Frank a chance to learn, he will have that chance once we are clearly out of the playoffs.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knixkik
USA
2/3/2018  10:59 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:The amount of minutes Jack is getting are ridiculous. Frank is improving and needs more minutes.

He had a good game last night but when you say he is improving, exactly what stats show that? He has one good game then 2 or 3 bad ones. He was -30 vs Boston. Had a 6 game run in January where he went 4 for twenty and averaged 20 minutes? The defense is guarding 4 guys when he is out there.

Like I said, JH wants to win games. He is best to say who give us the best chance. Now If your talking giving Frank a chance to learn, he will have that chance once we are clearly out of the playoffs.

He's improving in the sense where he seems less hesitant on offense. He's trying to make things happen. Shots are starting to go in for him too. I can live with the bad games but he's trending up. His defense remains good too.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/3/2018  11:20 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

JH is becoming a jerk. He said its not about making the playoffs but developing the young players. BS. Burke not plying last night was ridiculous. The only way to improve is playing regularly . Frank had a nice game, play him more. Time to cut Jacks minutes. Willy after the trade deadline should get consistent minutes. No way do u want to go into next year not knowing about Willy, Burke, Dotson and Frank. Actually I don't mind them being competitive but losing at the end. Higher draft pick. PLAY THE YOUNGSTERS NOW!!!!!

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Knixkik
USA
2/3/2018  11:24 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

JH is becoming a jerk. He said its not about making the playoffs but developing the young players. BS. Burke not plying last night was ridiculous. The only way to improve is playing regularly . Frank had a nice game, play him more. Time to cut Jacks minutes. Willy after the trade deadline should get consistent minutes. No way do u want to go into next year not knowing about Willy, Burke, Dotson and Frank. Actually I don't mind them being competitive but losing at the end. Higher draft pick. PLAY THE YOUNGSTERS NOW!!!!!

The craziest thing is, replacing Jack with Frank, McDermott with Dotson, and KOQ with Willy, and i don't think we are any worse right now.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/3/2018  11:31 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

The craziest thing is, replacing Jack with Frank, McDermott with Dotson, and KOQ with Willy, and i don't think we are any worse right now.

That is tough though. Didn't Jeff lose the locker room last year when he said they were no longer trying to make the playoffs? I have moved on from Willy. He hasn't shown much this year when he has had opportunities. Frank is getting minutes no matter how he plays. Dotson has spent a lot of time at westchester as has Burke. I think Burke will get minutes but maybe they got pulled back a bit because the franchise is invested in Frank's development at the point. If you take Willy out of it, it seems like the team has taken a different developmental approach with each guy. Maybe that is what is needed.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/3/2018  11:59 AM
We'd have to go 20-10 at a min to even think wed gave a shot at 8 seed. Isn't happening

No savior needed. Lost f games

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/3/2018  12:29 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

I don’t see how it would hurt the young get playing time and big playing time it’s important for development. As for Ntlikina he should start racking up 30-35 minutes a night win or lose poor shooting or not. If THJ can play like crap and get playing time why can’t anyone else on the team. Hell at least Ntlikina plays defense.

KP has earned his license to play like crap and JH has earned his license to coach like crap. So let’s just do what needs to be done play the young players and let the chip fall where they may. If they lead the Knicks to the playoffs they are overachievers if they make for a better draft position it’s development for the future. Honestly it’s the only way for this team to get better.

It’s not gonna happen through some free agency miracle in 2019. It’s going to happen through the draft.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/3/2018  12:42 PM

I personally don’t have a problem the minutes Frank is getting but I do have an issue with Jack...would prefer To see Burke at least get most of Jacks minutes.

Frank is a struggling 19 year old who has basically played 20 mins a night for +40 games already.

Post the all-star break and post 3/1 we will still have 20 games left to boost Frank minutes up into the 30 range.

I think the kid has done fine being available every night but I think we should wait on pushing his minutes unt8l later this season .... he has already learned a great deal and I think he is tired.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/3/2018  12:48 PM

He is? Is that because he actually made a few of his shots last night and had some assists? So when he goes out Sunday and goes back to missing his shots and not being aggressive to the basket then what?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/3/2018  2:17 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

He is? Is that because he actually made a few of his shots last night and had some assists? So when he goes out Sunday and goes back to missing his shots and not being aggressive to the basket then what?

And then what? We will call him a rookie and find it norm.

Also, if you want to look at progress you don't do it on a game by game basis but rather month to month and anticipate some ups and downs.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/3/2018  2:52 PM
Knixkik wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

He's improving in the sense where he seems less hesitant on offense. He's trying to make things happen. Shots are starting to go in for him too. I can live with the bad games but he's trending up. His defense remains good too.

Frank has shot 8 for 40 in the last 9 games, and it's not trending upward

Frank indirectly causes a lot of bad plays by his "HOT POTATO passing", and lack of shot attempts...

There is no way frank (a 19 yr old) can play more than 22 mins per game, he barely has the stamina for that, and some of you are saying start him, or play him more minutes, like that will help.

fck thawing it out, seasoning it, and marinate the bitch, just put it in the pot frozen, put some salt on it, and will eat it like that...THATs some of you guys development process for frank. Not to mention the short-order-cook in Hornacek as the chef who dishes out inconsistent minutes, and the same old boring offensse

ES
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/4/2018  10:43 AM
Absolutely. Make it so!
Knixkik
USA
2/4/2018  11:11 AM
martin wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

And then what? We will call him a rookie and find it norm.

Also, if you want to look at progress you don't do it on a game by game basis but rather month to month and anticipate some ups and downs.

Exactly. The call for consistency is just crazy. He's the youngest player in the league. One thing people forget, if he were an american born player, he would be a college freshman right now. He's a year and 1/2 younger than Josh Jackson, for example.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/4/2018  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2018  4:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Frank indirectly causes a lot of bad plays by his "HOT POTATO passing", and lack of shot attempts...

There is no way frank (a 19 yr old) can play more than 22 mins per game, he barely has the stamina for that, and some of you are saying start him, or play him more minutes, like that will help.

fck thawing it out, seasoning it, and marinate the bitch, just put it in the pot frozen, put some salt on it, and will eat it like that...THATs some of you guys development process for frank. Not to mention the short-order-cook in Hornacek as the chef who dishes out inconsistent minutes, and the same old boring offensse

This. Why does Frank get more minutes regardless of how poorly he plays? There has to be some accountability. 20 minutes a night is generous for what we get back. No not saying he's hopeless, but more minutes doesn't mean more development and poor PG play kills development of the rest of the team.

martin
USA
2/4/2018  4:50 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

This. Why does Frank get more minutes regardless of how poorly he plays? There has to be some accountability. 20 minutes a night is generous for what we get back. No not saying he's hopeless, but more minutes doesn't mean more development and poor PG play kills development of the rest of the team.

He doesn't. When he commits atrocious TO's he gets pulled. Witness the 5 minute games recently'ish

Ther's definitely a balance between letting him play thru mistakes and pulling him after some atrocious ones where the coaching staff has probably told him to look out for those types of mistakes

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/4/2018  5:22 PM
martin wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

He doesn't. When he commits atrocious TO's he gets pulled. Witness the 5 minute games recently'ish

Ther's definitely a balance between letting him play thru mistakes and pulling him after some atrocious ones where the coaching staff has probably told him to look out for those types of mistakes

As it should. This was more in response to those wanting him to get 30 min+.
martin
USA
2/4/2018  5:56 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
martin wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

As it should. This was more in response to those wanting him to get 30 min+.

ah yes, got it

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/6/2018  8:23 AM
I agree. Burke makes his share of defensive errors and that’s gonna be an issue. Yet we need to find out if Frank can eventually go to the hole on a drive and score more than 5 field goals. Wily needs to find out that despite his offensive efficiency, he will Be lunch for more than 1/2 the 5s in the league and a three course meal for a half dozen.
Time for Frank, Willy, Burke to get more minutes.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy