[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What a boring f team
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27984
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/3/2018  1:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:If I was the gm if mandate that Dotson Burke willy all start. I'd rather lose every game while developing-- also raise players value. At 22-29 what value am
I getting playing jack 30 minutes? Let's work to get a better draft pick while developing --it's all we have left for this year7 under w 30 to play. Do something right for once.

And me I'm open to trading kp for trae young if I can get bagley w my pick

As you agrees yesterday, you don't trade KP for a unknown player/pick. Don't let one game change your mind. Remember as you said, continuity is key.

He also would have traded KP for Josh Jackson straight up after the draft. This is who Briggs is. He can't help himself with shiny new objects that produce numbers regardless of situation and circumstance.

TJ Warren was once said(wont name names) to be already better than Melo during summer league of Warrens rookie year because he had a 40 pt game.

If Knicks won the #1 pick. And decided Begley was a talent to good to pass up on so didn't want to trade down. So they also decide they wanted to trade KP since they play the same position and KP would be able to net them multiple assets to play with Begley.

The asking price would be Trey Young, another prospect on his rookie deal, and their unprotected draft pick next season. Or they would have to offer a proven young talent on their rookie deal, Trey Young, and the right to swap in next yrs draft.

Deals that couldn't be refused. Trading a 22 year old unicorn all-star who puts up 24 a game on a rookie contract for a college prospect straight would be insanity.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Posts: 58599
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
2/3/2018  4:50 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Perry/Mills have done exactly the same job Phil was.
We are a 30 to 35 wins ball club.
Quite a few veterans.

But they basically had half of one off-season (draft was completed). I think they're much less bad than Phil. Phil would have waited til TH was 31 to give him this contract.
Knixkik
Posts: 29579
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/3/2018  5:09 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Perry/Mills have done exactly the same job Phil was.
We are a 30 to 35 wins ball club.
Quite a few veterans.

But they basically had half of one off-season (draft was completed). I think they're much less bad than Phil. Phil would have waited til TH was 31 to give him this contract.

Yeah I think it's been established that we would have George hill for hardaway money right now.

fishmike
Posts: 48811
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
2/3/2018  6:22 PM
Know what the Knicks need? Allan Crabbe.
Sangfroid
Posts: 23708
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/7/2009
Member: #2784

2/3/2018  6:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2018  6:37 PM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I'm not blaming Perry and Mills.... they really haven't done anything.

This mess is all on the coach. Beasley is still getting sub 20 minute games even when we're getting blown out. Baker is hurt and Burke still can't get minutes. It's getting crazy. That Boston game would have gotten other coaches fired.

Thing is fans here are fickle.... you can't complain about the roster if your solution is to lose and tank. Thats basic math. I want to win this year. We do that by getting help not doing nothing waiting for the draft to save us. We just have to wait and see what happens

JH could play Burke, n Beas but then again Lee. , Thomas and KP held the Bucks in check. Look at ThJrshooting last night. That was the loss.

Don't forget the turnovers. Sloppy passes and missed shots are the death knell. And please, let's not talk about the D

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Nalod
Posts: 55837
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/4/2018  10:35 AM
Mills in the past was the financial guy. Dolan had final say on major roster changes.
You all know this.
Only thing worse than losing is the droning that goes on by some of you who think you could do better.
I’d love to see your accountability to your recommendations on a real timeline.
Could you have done better? In your minds you do. Knicks have done pretty bad so you think so.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
CrushAlot
Posts: 56902
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/4/2018  10:44 AM
Nalod wrote:Mills in the past was the financial guy. Dolan had final say on major roster changes.
You all know this.
Only thing worse than losing is the droning that goes on by some of you who think you could do better.
I’d love to see your accountability to your recommendations on a real timeline.
Could you have done better? In your minds you do. Knicks have done pretty bad so you think so.
Mills was gm/pres after Grunwald was fired. He wasn't the financial guy then and it was a brutal year. Mills didn't back his coach with discipline, insubordination issues (JR, Shump, Flu)or roster support. Woodson was forced to keep Chris Smith when he desperately needed another big on the roster because KMart and STat were only allowed to play 10 minutes every other game. Mills didn't have the coach sit Shump at the trade deadline and Shump got injured and could not be traded. Lots more from that one year.
The Knicks have brought back their former executive, Steve Mills, to be their new president/general manager after Grunwald retooled the club all summer.

https://nypost.com/2013/09/27/agents-execs-rip-knicks-for-absurd-firing-of-gm/
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/4/2018  4:42 PM
There is almost nothing here. Cable vision should give refund checks for game today

Tim hardaway is NOT worth 17 mm. He's worth 17 mm every 3 games. Also he doesn't play the right way

Knixkik
Posts: 29579
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/4/2018  7:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:There is almost nothing here. Cable vision should give refund checks for game today

Tim hardaway is NOT worth 17 mm. He's worth 17 mm every 3 games. Also he doesn't play the right way

Hardaway will be fine.

Jmpasq
Posts: 23431
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

2/4/2018  8:07 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:There is almost nothing here. Cable vision should give refund checks for game today

Tim hardaway is NOT worth 17 mm. He's worth 17 mm every 3 games. Also he doesn't play the right way

Hardaway will be fine.

You sure? Guy is shooting 41% for the season. Can't win like that

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 23113
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
2/5/2018  8:19 AM
So at the start of the season, they were exciting. IT was fun win or lose. Now, they are boring.

So What has changed?

Are the players unhappy ? Are they simply tired? Are they not understanding?

Is the coach wearing on them? Are the players just prima-donna's? Is it not the right mix?

McDermott has fallen off, although he played well yesterday.

Kanter has been consistent. KP not. Lee consistent, Hardaway not. Jack not. Frank not. KOQ consistent. LT not.

I don't know but I am pissed lately watching the games. They should NOT be losing some of these games!!

Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
Knixkik
Posts: 29579
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/5/2018  8:55 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:So at the start of the season, they were exciting. IT was fun win or lose. Now, they are boring.

So What has changed?

Are the players unhappy ? Are they simply tired? Are they not understanding?

Is the coach wearing on them? Are the players just prima-donna's? Is it not the right mix?

McDermott has fallen off, although he played well yesterday.

Kanter has been consistent. KP not. Lee consistent, Hardaway not. Jack not. Frank not. KOQ consistent. LT not.

I don't know but I am pissed lately watching the games. They should NOT be losing some of these games!!

Shiny new objects wearing off to people. But bottom line is we aren't winning. That post-Melo surge has worn off. Also, we are coming back down to earth. This is a 35 win team. Guys aren't consistent. Hardaway got hurt and it seems like he has no rhythm, similar to how he started the year. McDermott hustles, but has forgotten how to shoot. Role players aren't producing consistently. And KP reminds us he's 22 once in awhile. It is what it is. Just have to push through it.

jrodmc
Posts: 30799
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
2/5/2018  11:10 AM
KP for POTUS.
Trade KP for a tank spot and something shiny.

Not enough vets.
Playing too many vets.

Yoots need to develop.
Yoots suck, we need more vets around KP.

Make the playoffs, it's a stepping stone.
Playoffs mean nothing.

Don't trade 1st round draft picks.
Trade anything to get rid of Noah and now, anything to get rid of THJr.

Yay! Horny scrapped the triangle.
Horny needs to triangle.

The only UK continuity point: Oh well, it's Dolan's fault.


Can the D improve after the break? That's what I would love to see. Is it too much to ask for the D to improve continually? Can Horny-ambis even provide a plan to do that? Is it possible with this crew around KP?

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
What a boring f team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.