[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No Giannas or Brogdon tonight vs Bucks
Author Thread
fwk00
Posts: 20889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

2/3/2018  1:57 PM
martin wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Where you [and the FO] lose me is in the "some games to review" category. Review exactly what? The young talent isn't getting floor time. The Vets are a well-known commodity. The concept of winning is best realized by teams with better vets and teams with more talented "young talent". They beat us routinely.

I don't know how you can say this this a straight face. Carries about as much weight as the Nunes memo

Listen. You are free to disagree but bring some evidence. I'm game. This team is far too comfortable with losing. The attitude that "I got mine" means that the FO is averse to any and all risk, that the coaching staff has nothing to lose by sticking with the NBA vets who by proxy run the show, ... gimme an insight I'm missing.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Posts: 47288
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/3/2018  2:20 PM
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Where you [and the FO] lose me is in the "some games to review" category. Review exactly what? The young talent isn't getting floor time. The Vets are a well-known commodity. The concept of winning is best realized by teams with better vets and teams with more talented "young talent". They beat us routinely.

I don't know how you can say this this a straight face. Carries about as much weight as the Nunes memo

Listen. You are free to disagree but bring some evidence. I'm game. This team is far too comfortable with losing. The attitude that "I got mine" means that the FO is averse to any and all risk, that the coaching staff has nothing to lose by sticking with the NBA vets who by proxy run the show, ... gimme an insight I'm missing.

I'm listening, are you?

FO let us all know that their core guys were 25 and under. Kanter, KP, THJr start. Frank, McD, KOQ, Baker get minutes.

Please help me identify the young talent that is not getting minutes? You are left with Dotson and Willy. And if you can't come up with a good reason they DON'T get minutes, it's you who are not listening.

Please proceed.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fwk00
Posts: 20889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

2/3/2018  4:17 PM
martin wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Where you [and the FO] lose me is in the "some games to review" category. Review exactly what? The young talent isn't getting floor time. The Vets are a well-known commodity. The concept of winning is best realized by teams with better vets and teams with more talented "young talent". They beat us routinely.

I don't know how you can say this this a straight face. Carries about as much weight as the Nunes memo

Listen. You are free to disagree but bring some evidence. I'm game. This team is far too comfortable with losing. The attitude that "I got mine" means that the FO is averse to any and all risk, that the coaching staff has nothing to lose by sticking with the NBA vets who by proxy run the show, ... gimme an insight I'm missing.

I'm listening, are you?

FO let us all know that their core guys were 25 and under. Kanter, KP, THJr start. Frank, McD, KOQ, Baker get minutes.

Please help me identify the young talent that is not getting minutes? You are left with Dotson and Willy. And if you can't come up with a good reason they DON'T get minutes, it's you who are not listening.

Please proceed.

You are making my point. What can be 'reviewed' here? The three starters are exactly who we think they are. Baker is done for the season. KOQ and MCD are short-timers. Everybody knows Frankie is 19. There is nothing to review.

What is worth making a decision on sooner than later is whether or not Kanter is opting in and intends to stay if we commit to him. Because if he's not, standing still at the trade deadline with he and KOQ is wasted floor time, no? Wouldn't those minutes be better served being played by someone else under 25? This is just basic stuff.

Are we committing to Jack for another year? After what we've already lived through? seems to me that Burke or *somebody else* under 25 should be getting those minutes.

My point is that the FO can't be this stupid. They *have to* move expirings or lose them. Waiting and playing bluff is risking lost opportunity. There's talent to be had that isn't the be all, end all answer but that at least gives us an opportunity to play with a fuller deck than we are now.

martin
Posts: 47288
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/3/2018  4:56 PM
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Where you [and the FO] lose me is in the "some games to review" category. Review exactly what? The young talent isn't getting floor time. The Vets are a well-known commodity. The concept of winning is best realized by teams with better vets and teams with more talented "young talent". They beat us routinely.

I don't know how you can say this this a straight face. Carries about as much weight as the Nunes memo

Listen. You are free to disagree but bring some evidence. I'm game. This team is far too comfortable with losing. The attitude that "I got mine" means that the FO is averse to any and all risk, that the coaching staff has nothing to lose by sticking with the NBA vets who by proxy run the show, ... gimme an insight I'm missing.

I'm listening, are you?

FO let us all know that their core guys were 25 and under. Kanter, KP, THJr start. Frank, McD, KOQ, Baker get minutes.

Please help me identify the young talent that is not getting minutes? You are left with Dotson and Willy. And if you can't come up with a good reason they DON'T get minutes, it's you who are not listening.

Please proceed.

You are making my point. What can be 'reviewed' here? The three starters are exactly who we think they are. Baker is done for the season. KOQ and MCD are short-timers. Everybody knows Frankie is 19. There is nothing to review.

What is worth making a decision on sooner than later is whether or not Kanter is opting in and intends to stay if we commit to him. Because if he's not, standing still at the trade deadline with he and KOQ is wasted floor time, no? Wouldn't those minutes be better served being played by someone else under 25? This is just basic stuff.

Are we committing to Jack for another year? After what we've already lived through? seems to me that Burke or *somebody else* under 25 should be getting those minutes.

My point is that the FO can't be this stupid. They *have to* move expirings or lose them. Waiting and playing bluff is risking lost opportunity. There's talent to be had that isn't the be all, end all answer but that at least gives us an opportunity to play with a fuller deck than we are now.

you are being indirect. Who are you sitting and who are you playing more? Who starts and who gets minutes?

Take into consideration not just your one point but a few others: Continuity of the team throughout the year (up and until the trade deadline), development of KP/THJr (those are probably the 2 long term people who are current starters), development of Frank, development of possible FA's (KOQ, Kanter, McD, Beas), balance of the vet minutes (versus just losing the whole team and lockerroom), and continuty and building of culture.

And, I don't understand your statement of "The three starters are exactly who we think they are". IMHO, they are not. They are 3 young guys who need minutes, experience and time together.

The one grey area for me is the balance of Frank, Burke and Jack's minutes. I'd like to see Frank start but I'm guessing the coaching staff is waiting until Frank demands the starting position through his play, and he's hasn't yet. Trey will and should get minutes but he's also under contract for next year, they can be patient with him.

Willy needs to earn his minutes and he has fallen flat. Dude needs to rethink his offseason program and his career if he even wants to stick around.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
No Giannas or Brogdon tonight vs Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.