[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you sacrifice future flexibility for Aaron Gordon?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/2/2018  2:06 PM
We are dead last in 3 point FG made--we have no PG--we have no athletsicm on the wing and we want to give up what for the position KP plays? This is NO SF hes a 4 who cant shoot a 3.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bretrobert1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6028

2/2/2018  2:06 PM
Gordon is a stud athlete. Good defender w/ the ability to become elite, and his offensive game is improving at a nice clip each year. No one around the 10-15 range is going to put up stats comparable to his in the next couple years or probably ever. Gordon could easily be a low 20/10 guy next year w/ the ability to guard the opponent's best player.

I know his contract is expiring, but sign me up.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/2/2018  2:09 PM
If they wanna trade Gordon to us I'm listening....I would trade just about anything for him outside of KP. Gordon is the perfect type of player to have around KP. I'd rather have the kid in Brooklyn Ronde Hollis Jefferson, but Gordon is very similar
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/2/2018  2:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:If they wanna trade Gordon to us I'm listening....I would trade just about anything for him outside of KP. Gordon is the perfect type of player to have around KP. I'd rather have the kid in Brooklyn Ronde Hollis Jefferson, but Gordon is very similar

It's all contingent on KP being willing to play the 5. Gordon has proven that he's a mediocre 3 and a promising 4. I like him personally, but there are a # of things that would have to be worked out. How would KP react? How does this affect our ability to sign people in 2019? I'd have to listen if he was being shopped, but they're are a lot of things to consider.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/2/2018  2:40 PM
Good thread.

Look, what I'm reacting to is this asinine idea that we need to wait yet another couple of summers to start winning games - that, to me, is unacceptable. We are not at the beginning of a rebuild, we've been in it for a couple of years and are in pretty good shape. In two drafts without the lowest draft picks we came out with two unicorns in Frankie and Porgingis. The chances of striking that kind of gold yet again is asking a bit much.

Furthermore, the Melo trade was not the bust many of us feared. As a result we have a feast of redundancy with Noah's contract being the only heartburn and, quite frankly, who cares? If we can unload him - fine, if not - fine.

The important thing I think is to stop making excuses for not winning - I'm totally in HofstraBall's camp on this one. This team needs to simply start moving forward and this trading deadline is an ideal, and dare I say, NECESSARY time to make that happen. WE don't have to hold out for a star either. We need to bring the summer of 2019 here now.

Lots of young, emerging players around the league can be had with our existing assets.

And we shouldn't shy away from veteran upgrades.

IMO, Jarret Jack deserves our thanks but... get me Rubio. Rubio would seamlessly take over the starter's role, take some heat off Frankie [and provide a year or two of breathing room] AND, most importantly upgrade that position enough to give us a shot at a playoff run.

Secondly, and this is obvious but so what, locate an available young SF and get them on board - doesn't have to be a starter but has to be menace when on the floor.

Third, locate as many unused young assets as we can find who can make up for the loss of the veterans and pick we may have to sacrifice for what we need. Add two or three bodies who can move.

I really think a multi-player Orlando deal fulfills items two and three. I don't see Biyombo's contract as being a bad one - its an opportunity to settle on a center we don't already have. We can keep two of O'Quinn, Kanter, or Willie. Still leaves us strong.

Sure take back a contract Orlando wants to dump. We have to take risk and expect to give to get.

Who knows, if we make the playoffs maybe Noah will star there.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/2/2018  2:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:We are dead last in 3 point FG made--we have no PG--we have no athletsicm on the wing and we want to give up what for the position KP plays? This is NO SF hes a 4 who cant shoot a 3.

Just a couple of corrections here. Gordon has become a respectable 3pm shooter this year. Making 2 per game at a 35% (about league average) rate. With a lineup of say Porzingis, Gordon, Lee, Hardaway, and Ntilikina, we would become a dramatically more athletic team and would have 5 guys who can make threes. Switching on defense would be no concern. That lineup would have elite defensive upside. Again, i agree with your concern of 3pt shooting, PG and wing depth, but some of these concerns would be alleviated as part of this move. Not a perfect fit, but Gordon is worth consideration if the option is there. Consideration being the key word, nothing definite.

Knixkik
USA
2/2/2018  2:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:If they wanna trade Gordon to us I'm listening....I would trade just about anything for him outside of KP. Gordon is the perfect type of player to have around KP. I'd rather have the kid in Brooklyn Ronde Hollis Jefferson, but Gordon is very similar

It's all contingent on KP being willing to play the 5. Gordon has proven that he's a mediocre 3 and a promising 4. I like him personally, but there are a # of things that would have to be worked out. How would KP react? How does this affect our ability to sign people in 2019? I'd have to listen if he was being shopped, but they're are a lot of things to consider.

The primary reason this is attractive is Gordon is the same age as Porzingis will high upside. The common theme around here is that we badly need one more young piece who has a chance to become elite. Gordon fits that. Fit is the most important question mark here, though. We would have to be sure that Porzingis and Gordon is a good fit at the 4 and 5.

dwiley20
Member: #5755

2/2/2018  9:14 PM
hell no we keep are first rounder no matter what
AboveDaRim1115
Member: #6422

2/3/2018  12:03 AM
Yes, plus a coaching change
⏳It will be better once Dolan is gone!!!🚨
AboveDaRim1115
Member: #6422

2/3/2018  12:06 AM
Your trying to tell me Gordon is not worth a first round 10-16 pick. Definitely up and coming talent shockingly
⏳It will be better once Dolan is gone!!!🚨
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/3/2018  9:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2018  9:58 AM
Gordon is clearly an above the rim guy and I believe a two way athlete. He and KP are “gangly” or can put the ball on the floor well “for their size” type players. Depending on what his payday is, would Randle be a better choice?We can afford to do a lot if we can move Noah. If he’s part of the deal-even with a one, I would consider it but
we need to address a star potential with a three, our own Butler, our own Tatum or at least Middleton. If we want to compete with Phili and Boston in two years or three, even if Tim and Frank are up to the task, and even if KP can ultimately play 5, we will ultimately require a sure fire all Star at the 3. Otherwise just getting in the playoffs will be a realistic goal but no more. Gordon is a stud defense player and 22.

KP 5
Gordon 4
Th SG
Frank PG
Small F. ????
https://www.nba.com/amp/magic/news/orlando-magic-los-angeles-lakers-notebook-denton-20170108

Knixkik
USA
2/3/2018  11:06 AM
Paris907 wrote:Gordon is clearly an above the rim guy and I believe a two way athlete. He and KP are “gangly” or can put the ball on the floor well “for their size” type players. Depending on what his payday is, would Randle be a better choice?We can afford to do a lot if we can move Noah. If he’s part of the deal-even with a one, I would consider it but
we need to address a star potential with a three, our own Butler, our own Tatum or at least Middleton. If we want to compete with Phili and Boston in two years or three, even if Tim and Frank are up to the task, and even if KP can ultimately play 5, we will ultimately require a sure fire all Star at the 3. Otherwise just getting in the playoffs will be a realistic goal but no more. Gordon is a stud defense player and 22.

KP 5
Gordon 4
Th SG
Frank PG
Small F. ????
https://www.nba.com/amp/magic/news/orlando-magic-los-angeles-lakers-notebook-denton-20170108

If we don't trade our 1st round pick for a guy like Gordon, i think we can address the SF in the draft. Miles Bridges has fallen a little under the radar since he's a Soph who didn't improve dramatically. He could be this year's D Mitchell and fall into that 12-13 range. He's big, athletic, can shoot, handle, and defend. Chandler Hutchison is another guy i target if Bridges is off the board. He's a long athletic guy who can score and create plays. I think we can find that guy, but obviously, we need to strike gold.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
2/4/2018  7:40 AM
In a guard dominate league it appears we are going to weaken that position.
Orlando will want # 1 AND frank to do the deal? Still interested ? If you are then Lee, Kanter, KOQ, Wily Thomas and of a combo and a future pick are going to need to provide a stud young Guard. Bradley maybe still pries post trade, Lakers have a great scoring guard on their bench, KCP,...IT? The Draft?

I think it’s worth considering.

Knixkik
USA
2/4/2018  11:17 AM
Paris907 wrote:In a guard dominate league it appears we are going to weaken that position.
Orlando will want # 1 AND frank to do the deal? Still interested ? If you are then Lee, Kanter, KOQ, Wily Thomas and of a combo and a future pick are going to need to provide a stud young Guard. Bradley maybe still pries post trade, Lakers have a great scoring guard on their bench, KCP,...IT? The Draft?

No way do i trade Frank and #1 for him. I believe in Frank and see him as off limits. I wouldn't trade the 1st round pick under almost any condition, however because of the uncertainty, A Gordon would be one exception to consider. But a deal for Gordon wouldn't be about giving them multiple pieces like 1st and Frank, it would be about taking back their large contracts. Believe me, new management wants to get all of those contracts off the books, and know they will need to deal some of their remaining talent in order to do it. They want to start fresh. If we can help to facilitate that and can get back Gordon as the prize, you have to consider. But a deal involving our 2nd and 3rd best assets would be completely off the table and is not the purpose of this deal.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/4/2018  11:31 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Paris907 wrote:In a guard dominate league it appears we are going to weaken that position.

No way do i trade Frank and #1 for him. I believe in Frank and see him as off limits. I wouldn't trade the 1st round pick under almost any condition, however because of the uncertainty, A Gordon would be one exception to consider. But a deal for Gordon wouldn't be about giving them multiple pieces like 1st and Frank, it would be about taking back their large contracts. Believe me, new management wants to get all of those contracts off the books, and know they will need to deal some of their remaining talent in order to do it. They want to start fresh. If we can help to facilitate that and can get back Gordon as the prize, you have to consider. But a deal involving our 2nd and 3rd best assets would be completely off the table and is not the purpose of this deal.

I think Kanter is an ideal player to trade to Orlando.

Knixkik
USA
2/4/2018  1:04 PM
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I think Kanter is an ideal player to trade to Orlando.

Yes he would be needed to facilitate a deal in this case.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
2/5/2018  12:37 PM
He reminds me a bit of Blake Griffin. We don't need a Blake Griffin.
Rose is not the answer.
Would you sacrifice future flexibility for Aaron Gordon?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy