[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Since Summer 2019 looks like the priority
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
2/2/2018  9:24 PM
I believe the FA route is only to be used when we’ve 4 starters n place and even rotation nearly in place. So if SF hadn’t been resolved, and a true 5 and backcourt resolved,them go out and find the Wet dream of all FAs at the three as Lee and Thomas and Noah issues should be off the books within 2 years.
AUTOADVERT
AboveDaRim1115
Member: #6422

2/3/2018  12:08 AM
I’m not waiting for two summers to not get any FA, nobody is going to come here unless we get a little better
⏳It will be better once Dolan is gone!!!🚨
AboveDaRim1115

2/3/2018  12:10 AM
We are not good enough to get a FA, nothing but a pipe dream to think someone is going to come to the NY Knicks
AboveDaRim1115

2/3/2018  12:12 AM
Surprised we got Hardaway back, and that was based on history he had
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/3/2018  12:13 AM
Teams who sign premiere FAs win first and clear cap space in realtime.

Instead of watching these games the announcers should just count Cap Space because that's as ludicrous as this team.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/3/2018  7:42 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Keep these names in mind.

Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Alec Burks

These are 3 guys who fit the criteria of athletic wings, who have contracts that expire in 2019, and are age 26 or younger to be considered for part of the future. Not saying all of them would be. Ross is hurt now, but it would be about next year. All 3 have contracts that would match up to a deal involving KOQ, McDermott, and any other minor assets that would need to be included. I like Lamb the best, and would be willing to part with a possible 2nd round pick. But these are guys who can definitely be had, and would improve the wing position without sacrificing long-term salary or requiring a 1st round pick to deal for. These are 3 small market teams that could use the cap flexibility and tax savings that we can probably offer them.

Those names are not enticing in the slightest. But I do agree with the 2019 goal for cap space.

What cap space? If Porzingis signs an extension do we even have any cap space? It looks like with Frank we already have 65 million on the books next offseason.The gross misuse of assets is nauseating

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/3/2018  8:40 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Alec Burks

These are 3 guys who fit the criteria of athletic wings, who have contracts that expire in 2019, and are age 26 or younger to be considered for part of the future. Not saying all of them would be. Ross is hurt now, but it would be about next year. All 3 have contracts that would match up to a deal involving KOQ, McDermott, and any other minor assets that would need to be included. I like Lamb the best, and would be willing to part with a possible 2nd round pick. But these are guys who can definitely be had, and would improve the wing position without sacrificing long-term salary or requiring a 1st round pick to deal for. These are 3 small market teams that could use the cap flexibility and tax savings that we can probably offer them.

Those names are not enticing in the slightest. But I do agree with the 2019 goal for cap space.

What cap space? If Porzingis signs an extension do we even have any cap space? It looks like with Frank we already have 65 million on the books next offseason.The gross misuse of assets is nauseating

If Lee is moved for a shorter deal. Only Frank, KP(Ext say 25mil), Hardaway, Noah, Dotson, Willy, 2018, 2019 are on the cap. Thomas contact is not on the books. Estimated 75mil in contacts. If Noah is stretched that year could free up around another 12 mil. Depending on what the cap is. At a 100mil cap would = 32mil in space.

We have 2 2nds as well so add 3 mil to make say 78mil in contracts.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/3/2018  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2018  8:58 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Alec Burks

If Lee is moved for a shorter deal. Only Frank, KP(Ext say 25mil), Hardaway, Noah, Dotson, Willy, 2018, 2019 are on the cap. Thomas contact is not on the books. Estimated 75mil in contacts. If Noah is stretched that year could free up around another 12 mil. Depending on what the cap is. At a 100mil cap would = 32mil in space.

Enough for 1 max player. It still comes down to the draft and Frank. Cap space won't matter if we whiff on this years pick
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/3/2018  11:31 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Alec Burks

Enough for 1 max player. It still comes down to the draft and Frank. Cap space won't matter if we whiff on this years pick

One max player would be huge. But again Cap space doesn't only mean signing FAs. It also means not having to match salary in trades. As well as being able to eat a short term contract for more assets etc etc. You have flexibility to go a number of directions depending how things shake out.

You also offer no other real options. Say we don't plan for 2019 cap space. What should we be doing then?

Adding a lotto pick next yr and having 30mil in cap space the year after is pretty logical. Unless something comes along that is worth deviating for. Not to mention the possibility of moving Kanter for more assets or a different long term core player. Which of course would eat into the cap but that may be worth it depending on the player.

Then there is the route I have brought up many times is draft a lotto talent. Then package Lee or Kanter (who ever is still here)with our 2019 first for a stud.

Looking to set up our 2019 cap is the base or trunk of the tree. All the other possibilities are the branches and leaves.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

2/3/2018  7:35 PM
Courtney Lee is having his best year, and his worth to a playoff bound team would be high. He will turn 33 this year, and is owed about 25 mil for the next 2 years. It would be better to get assets (players, picks) for him now, than hoping he holds up thru the years.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/3/2018  9:41 PM
Sangfroid wrote:Courtney Lee is having his best year, and his worth to a playoff bound team would be high. He will turn 33 this year, and is owed about 25 mil for the next 2 years. It would be better to get assets (players, picks) for him now, than hoping he holds up thru the years.
Someone in the media was saying the Knicks value their vets and probably wouldn't trade them. Courtney is tough because he is a team captain and a great vet to have around. But as you say, his value will never be higher.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/4/2018  12:13 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:Courtney Lee is having his best year, and his worth to a playoff bound team would be high. He will turn 33 this year, and is owed about 25 mil for the next 2 years. It would be better to get assets (players, picks) for him now, than hoping he holds up thru the years.
Someone in the media was saying the Knicks value their vets and probably wouldn't trade them. Courtney is tough because he is a team captain and a great vet to have around. But as you say, his value will never be higher.

I'd guess that if the Knicks can move Lee, he will be gone.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Since Summer 2019 looks like the priority

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy