[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah plus a first?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/1/2018  5:02 PM
TLover wrote:I’d rather take on Nicholas Batum for Noah, (who’s contract is worse) instead of giving up #1.
At least Batum would fill a need as a defensive playmaking small forward. Especially if we trade C.Lee. He can make his fellow Frenchman Ntlinkina a secondary ball handler which I would prefer.

They have Dwight. Noah's contract is still pretty bad.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/1/2018  5:05 PM
no picks. I would love to know what is so toxic here we would give up a pick for to be rid of. Lunacy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/1/2018  5:06 PM
Welpee wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:I wouldn't mind dealing a first round pick with Noah if its 2020 pick or later, in 2020 we should be really a late first round pick team and also I am pretty sure we can get a 2018 or 2019 first round pick for dealing away KOQ / Lee etc.
Yeah, we thought that when we dealt those picks in the Eddy Curry trade. Ended up turning into Aldridge and (ironically) Noah.

We're not trading picks away for Curry though. We're trading a pick away with Noah looking for cap relief and a player... it's a totally different thing.

At the time we actually needed to keep drafting. Right now we really need to jumpstart the rebuild cuz KP Abe some of the guys we have at 25 years old are ready to play right now. Nothing is urgent but we should really look into this.... especially for fun. Too much negative stuff. Why not play devil's advocate?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/1/2018  5:12 PM
NAH! I just don’t think it’s that critical to blow a pick like that. Knicks need to just eat his salary and move on.
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/1/2018  5:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2018  5:32 PM
Cartman718 wrote:I wouldn't mind dealing a first round pick with Noah if its 2020 pick or later, in 2020 we should be really a late first round pick team and also I am pretty sure we can get a 2018 or 2019 first round pick for dealing away KOQ / Lee etc.

Good thinking. I feel the same way. If SVG can be bold, maybe its time for the Knicks to make a run too. Trading Noah with a future pick opens up the market considerably.

If Noah's money is a sunk cost anyway, let's stop being delusional about over-the-rainbow FA's and lottery saviors.

Say, Utah... Rubio, Jerebko, and O'Neale for Noah, Jack, and a pick

Or Orlando, Biyombo, Iwandu, Hezonja for Noah, O'Quinn and a pick

Or Portland, Lillard for Noah, Thomas, Frankie - second-rounder - ok, ok, a first-rounder

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/1/2018  5:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2018  5:28 PM
I'd be OK with trading down in the 1st round in a pick swap. Probably not good enough to get rid of Noah though.
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/1/2018  5:41 PM
Personally, I'm surprised there is not more support for Noah

It's not like our other centers have been killing it on defense, and Noah even if he lost a step has more of that defensive quarterbacking and communication than any of our other centers who range from mediocre to a liability on D.

I thought there have been many times it would be good to see Noah on the floor to see if he could stiffen the defense. I have no idea what's been going on behind the scene that culminated in the current situation

Also is it truly the case we can't just straight up trade him for another bad contract, e.g., Evan Turn, Bazemore, Crabbe. All of those guys are on bad contracts but at least we need wings

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2018  5:44 PM
I am guessing that all of those who want to trade Noah and the first for "Cap space" have no idea what the cap situation is and what they Knicks would be idiots to do that type of trade.

Figure out the numbers, figure out the target and get back to us with a better explanation then "we need to trade for cap space"

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
2/1/2018  6:19 PM
Just let Noah stay home. He's too proud of a player to accept being at home. He'll agree to a reasonable buyout eventually, but if don't, then he collects the checks and stays home to end his career.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/1/2018  6:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2018  6:21 PM
What about:

Noah and 2018 1st for Wiggins and fillers

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/1/2018  6:24 PM
martin wrote:I am guessing that all of those who want to trade Noah and the first for "Cap space" have no idea what the cap situation is and what they Knicks would be idiots to do that type of trade.

Figure out the numbers, figure out the target and get back to us with a better explanation then "we need to trade for cap space"

I can still remember how Phil was labeled a failure the summer Greg Monroe signed with Milwaukee and we had "cap space". Such a joy to wait for those special opportunities.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/1/2018  7:02 PM
EnySpree wrote:What about:

Wondering what folks think....

Which is a worse contract Noah at $17.8M for another 2 years or G-Dieng at $14.0M for another 3 years?

Dieng only playing 18 mins a night - ave. 6.6, 4.6 and 0.5 blocks.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/1/2018  7:03 PM
No to draft picks being given up.
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/1/2018  7:44 PM
martin wrote:I am guessing that all of those who want to trade Noah and the first for "Cap space" have no idea what the cap situation is and what they Knicks would be idiots to do that type of trade.

Not only is this a bad idea in general, clearing his salary is almost certainly not going to do anything for us. If something crazy, like Durant wanting to sign here this summer, does happen we'd be able to dump Noah's salary then. If anything it'd be easier because teams should have enough cap space to absorb his contract without sending salary back. There's absolutely no reason to do this trade right now; no matter what we're going to spend the money no matter what so just bite the bullet.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/1/2018  8:53 PM

I don't think cap space is all anyone is thinking. If your including a 1st rnd pick, your going to get back a significant piece to add to the roster.

ES
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/1/2018  9:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2018  9:12 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
EnySpree wrote:What about:

Wondering what folks think....

Which is a worse contract Noah at $17.8M for another 2 years or G-Dieng at $14.0M for another 3 years?

Dieng only playing 18 mins a night - ave. 6.6, 4.6 and 0.5 blocks.

Don't they play Dieng out of position at the 4 spot? I think he's actually a decent player but is playing on a team that is a bad fit for him. We certainly wouldn't need him either but I could see the Bucks having some interest given their glut of bad contracts.

I'd do Dieng and a $6 million trade exception for Matthew Delladova and Mirza Teletovic (who will likely be forced into a medical retirement). We avoid paying Dieng his 3rd year salary, to pay Dellavdova and Teletovic $6 million/yr more this season and next. That allows the Bucks to avoid the luxury tax this year and improve the 5-spot in the immediate. On the other hand, we'd get Dellavdova to play some guard minutes. Seems to make sense for all teams involved.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/1/2018  10:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I don't think cap space is all anyone is thinking. If your including a 1st rnd pick, your going to get back a significant piece to add to the roster.

Noah has a terrible contract and can barely play anymore; nobody wants him. We'd have to include a 1st round pick or some other good asset to convince another team to take him. We're not getting an asset back in a trade like that.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/1/2018  10:04 PM
VCoug wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Noah has a terrible contract and can barely play anymore; nobody wants him. We'd have to include a 1st round pick or some other good asset to convince another team to take him. We're not getting an asset back in a trade like that.

How do we know that, when we heard all summer how good he looked from JH himself

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2018  11:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I don't know. The Raptors got Justin Hamilton from the Nets for Carroll and a first. Carroll is a much better player at this point then Noah.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2018  11:33 PM
fwk00 wrote:

I can still remember how Phil was labeled a failure the summer Greg Monroe signed with Milwaukee and we had "cap space". Such a joy to wait for those special opportunities.

He wasn't labeled a failure but it was an eye opener. Guys that could get more money were not going to sign in NY to play for Phil in the front office.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Noah plus a first?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy