[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This team is so much better than last years team (On paper) So why are we not a winning squad?
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/1/2018  4:20 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Better on paper? We had Melo and Rose last year, the definition of good players on paper. Most people looked at this roster and thought we were winning 25 games at most. ESPN, Vegas etc all had us at 30 or less. We are led by a 22 year old. I think we are ahead of schedule as far as wins.

Lets ignore the rest of the roster, (as it is a team sport). But I am sure "Most People" thought we would be where we are after the great start to the season. As for Espn and Vegas, everyone knows they love the Knicks. Melo is a future HOF, just scored 25K but okay, lets go with your premise. So we had two paper players last year, guys having off years and the rest were D leaguers. Doesnt that make us better this year? (my point) Ahead of whos schedule? Your talking like we were the Sixers , from a few years ago, and full of rookies in starting roles. This team should be winning more. Tired of this bull**** where its okay to underachieve.

Look at all the prediction threads from before the season. Go ahead and dig them up. I was one of the only people here who said we would finish better than last year, if i remember correctly. Then we lost our first 7 games between preseason and regular season. What was the perception of the team then? We are a rebuilding team. Are you really going to start a thread about underachieving after losing to the Celtics on the road? If you want to judge this team after every game like many fans, then yes, on this particular night we badly underachieved.

After a Boston loss? You call that a loss. We looked like a D league squad playing against GS. They were wirhout Irving and Smart. Thats a bull**** cop out. Your making seem like I am expecting a championship. Fact is this team IS better and something is wrong.
Btw, you were not the only one thinking this team would have a better record than last year. Some of us atually thought they would make the palyoffs. You may try to make this team to be "At where they should be" but the fact is they have shown that they should be playing better. Kanter is ten times better than Willy was last year. Lee is playing a carreer year, KP has greatly improved and TIm has had games where he is lights out. So keep expecting nothing and thinking another 30 win year is where this "team should be". I am the guy paying for tickets and watching this **** show.

You are projecting your ticket buying expectations on the team

So your saying you did not expect more after the good start? Or that we dont have a better roster?

As for my expectations. After the first month and a half, I expected more wins than what we have now. And yes, I expected a chance at buying some playoff tickets. Will go back to a regular Knick fan attitude and just keep saying wait till 2024. Nah.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

2/1/2018  4:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:If you look at our roster this year, it is so much better than last year. (on Paper). The East is the weakest it has been in 15 years. Really expected a winning record at this point of the season.

2016 Carmelo Anthony SF Willy Hernangomez C Courtney Lee SG Rose PG KP PF
Bench: Baker, Holiday, Jennings. Kuz, Ndour, Noah, O'Quinn, Plumlee, Randle, Lance, Sasha

2017 KP PF, Kanter C, Timmy SF, Lee SG, Jack PG
Bench: Mcdermot, KO, Noah, Lance, Beasley, Frank, Baker, Dotson, Burke

Everyone claimed Melo was a ball stop and hurt the team on defense, we have better defender in Timmy and Melo's replacement, Kanter, is a virtual double double of late.
Some claimed KP was being held back. Guess he was because as he is now an All Star. But still reminds me of a really tall kid that thinks he is a SG.
Lee is having his best year in quite some time. Not very good last year.
Timmy is having a good year seemed to step up to bigger role.
Jack has been a pleasant surprise. Rose was an unpleasant dissapointment.

The first guy off the bench is Frank (who Nix says stops everyone on defense). Our first guy off the bench last year was sometimes Sasha?
Our scoring off the bench is Beasley (Sometimes best player of the game), KO (Having his best year), and Buckets (Can hit open 3's and very active). Last year we had guys that are no longer in the league and Justin Holiday.

I thought without uncle Phil and the Triangle, the team would have less distractions. So why do we take a **** against decent teams and cant win on the road? Are these guys just pretenders? Look at the Boston game. KP was weak and the 7th best player on a floor without Smart and Irving playing. 7'3 and gets 3 F..n rebounds in 35 minutes? Lee dissappeared, as ussual in big games. (7 pts. in 29 min) Timmy went back to pre D league Timmy. (4pt. in 27 min) The only guy that showed up was Kanter. Frank is still developing (I know it will take at least 6 years) Beasley scored 12 in just 12 min? Burke got 5 min? In a game where we got blown out by 30. KO, Buckets, Lance did not make the most of their minutes.

Just dont get this team. Really thought we had a better squad. Is it heart?, coaching? or no leader? Have no idea what Perry and Mills are going to do. Hard to watch yet another year where the whole squad gets scraped. But after today, its hard to care.

I Tried to give JH and rambis the benefit, especially with the early success and no triangle. But I'm coming to the realization that we have a coaching staff that doesn't know wtf their doing. (which is why phil told him to scrap his system and run the triangle)

The rotation has been butchered, The use of KP, willy, frank, lee, lance, thj, baker, Bease, mCdermott and now burke, has been a joke, there has been zero consistency across the board, other then running the same inconsistent system and plays for kp that has him looking like a shot blocking SG

The development for willy, frank, dotson and KP(who became a all star for one month of all star play) has been butchered. Each and every one of our young players has gotten worse as the season progresses.

Then you have to go back to Perry( who did a downright awful job in orlando developing aybody) and put together a brutal KINGS team just this pass off season. Mills who has nothing on his resume indicating any kind of success, building a team, developing a team, or building a culture.

Those guys don't know how to evaluate talent, acquire talent, or use the talent they have.

And the noah Incident may have just sealed JH Fate

Now that Phil is gone the blame game has added new villians. Hoo Hoo.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/1/2018  4:33 PM
have you guys seen the injuries to all these other teams key players? we are definitely going to pick up some Ws there.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/1/2018  4:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Better on paper? We had Melo and Rose last year, the definition of good players on paper. Most people looked at this roster and thought we were winning 25 games at most. ESPN, Vegas etc all had us at 30 or less. We are led by a 22 year old. I think we are ahead of schedule as far as wins.

Lets ignore the rest of the roster, (as it is a team sport). But I am sure "Most People" thought we would be where we are after the great start to the season. As for Espn and Vegas, everyone knows they love the Knicks. Melo is a future HOF, just scored 25K but okay, lets go with your premise. So we had two paper players last year, guys having off years and the rest were D leaguers. Doesnt that make us better this year? (my point) Ahead of whos schedule? Your talking like we were the Sixers , from a few years ago, and full of rookies in starting roles. This team should be winning more. Tired of this bull**** where its okay to underachieve.

JVG was asked about the Knicks great start at that time and said he thought the Knicks were being set up for a fall from grace. Everyone who follows basketball knows winning at home is far different from winning on the road.

JH and staff are doing the best they can with what is not a great team [yet]. Too much sameness. KP is [all on his own] stuck in second gear.

My son thinks the Knicks still have an outside chance at the playoffs but they need to kick it into another gear.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2018  5:42 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Look at all the prediction threads from before the season. Go ahead and dig them up. I was one of the only people here who said we would finish better than last year, if i remember correctly. Then we lost our first 7 games between preseason and regular season. What was the perception of the team then? We are a rebuilding team. Are you really going to start a thread about underachieving after losing to the Celtics on the road? If you want to judge this team after every game like many fans, then yes, on this particular night we badly underachieved.

After a Boston loss? You call that a loss. We looked like a D league squad playing against GS. They were wirhout Irving and Smart. Thats a bull**** cop out. Your making seem like I am expecting a championship. Fact is this team IS better and something is wrong.
Btw, you were not the only one thinking this team would have a better record than last year. Some of us atually thought they would make the palyoffs. You may try to make this team to be "At where they should be" but the fact is they have shown that they should be playing better. Kanter is ten times better than Willy was last year. Lee is playing a carreer year, KP has greatly improved and TIm has had games where he is lights out. So keep expecting nothing and thinking another 30 win year is where this "team should be". I am the guy paying for tickets and watching this **** show.

So your saying you did not expect more after the good start? Or that we dont have a better roster?

As for my expectations. After the first month and a half, I expected more wins than what we have now. And yes, I expected a chance at buying some playoff tickets. Will go back to a regular Knick fan attitude and just keep saying wait till 2024. Nah.

Knicks over performed early on, you bought that hype and projected those expectations, forgot that there was a long road trip (and potential loses) and you mad?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/1/2018  6:55 PM
Injuries have played a major role. The top three players all missed time. Resting players on back to back. The Knicks have given games away.
HofstraBBall

2/1/2018  9:49 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Knicks over performed early on, you bought that hype and projected those expectations, forgot that there was a long road trip (and potential loses) and you mad?

Mad? Yeah that's it. A lot of assuming your doing. I knew full well what the schedule meant. Felt they could have beat some of those teams they played. Did not expect a sweep of the road trip. And yes, I think they should have a better record. Is that a problem around here? I happen to think it's because of players playing more selfish and bad minute management.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

2/1/2018  9:51 PM
Vmart wrote:Injuries have played a major role. The top three players all missed time. Resting players on back to back. The Knicks have given games away.

Agree there. Although Beas did a very good job filling in for Timmy. Feel there were a few games where JH had questionable line ups.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/1/2018  9:56 PM
Cartman718 wrote:have you guys seen the injuries to all these other teams key players? we are definitely going to pick up some Ws there.

Thats what I WAS THINKING LAST NIGHT

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/1/2018  9:57 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:Injuries have played a major role. The top three players all missed time. Resting players on back to back. The Knicks have given games away.

Agree there. Although Beas did a very good job filling in for Timmy. Feel there were a few games where JH had questionable line ups.

a few ?

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/1/2018  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2018  10:39 PM
I have an expectation of team playing well in 2019/2020 at best.
It is idiotic to buy any tickets and expect playoffs for team in the first 3 years of rebuild from complete junk of junks.
And who cares how good Horny and Rambis are.
They are hear not to win but develop players and overall system, establish a culture.
So far so good. The wins will come when we will have more real players on the roster developed or coming in trades and free agency.
It will take a looooooooooooong time.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/2/2018  4:44 AM
Honestly, Our lack of consistent pg play limits us. Plus while Kanter gets a lot of rebounds, he still is only so so on defense. Plus, Hardaway missed like 20 something games and he is our second best player. All of that has led to the bad record.
Trust the Process
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/3/2018  5:18 AM

Who are you counting as top 3? Not sure we've had more significant injuries than the average team.
This team is so much better than last years team (On paper) So why are we not a winning squad?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy