[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Stanley Johnson
Author Thread
fishmike
Posts: 48907
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2018  2:22 PM

26 points, 10 rebs 4 assists vs. Lebron

He could be had cheap
He can defend multiple positions
He's got a big beefy man body
Hes got a larger NBA sample size than Trey Young

Dude's 21 years old

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26171
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

1/31/2018  2:30 PM
fishmike wrote:

26 points, 10 rebs 4 assists vs. Lebron

He could be had cheap
He can defend multiple positions
He's got a big beefy man body
Hes got a larger NBA sample size than Trey Young

Dude's 21 years old


Fits the Briggs criteria for the prospects we can target lol seriously, Detroit's assets got ransacked in that Griffin deal. I'm not sure Stanley will be that cheap and I'd rather use our first on our own home grown prospect.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigRedDog
Posts: 21937
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
1/31/2018  2:49 PM
fishmike wrote:

26 points, 10 rebs 4 assists vs. Lebron

He could be had cheap
He can defend multiple positions
He's got a big beefy man body
Hes got a larger NBA sample size than Trey Young

Dude's 21 years old

How do you know he could be had cheap? Easily would swap KOQ for him. No way would I trade a #1 for him.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28113
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
1/31/2018  2:52 PM
This is the type of game that will make a GM wait and see if this play continues.
technomaster
Posts: 22241
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/30/2003
Member: #426
USA
1/31/2018  3:05 PM
Built strong, a bit like Jae Crowder, hypothetically more skilled, more upside... Took Crowder a while to find his place in the NBA. If we have patience to let him develop, he could become the Beast II.
Kevin Dolorico | "That was two, two from the heart." - John Starks
fishmike
Posts: 48907
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
1/31/2018  3:06 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:This is the type of game that will make a GM wait and see if this play continues.

totally. Im sure we are too late. Our best bet is STV gets frustrated and wants a vet.

I would not give up our pick. But I would give up KOQ and the Bull's #2. Gives us a wing, moves one of our centers, and gives Det good size off the bench behind Drummond Blake, something they have none of

Bretrobert1
Posts: 20071
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/6/2015
Member: #6028

1/31/2018  3:11 PM
Stanley is actually one of the players I had in mind in the thread I just posted in about defense. BIG TIME recruit coming out of high school. What's he been in the league for, like 2 or 3 years? He has the athleticism to be an elite defender. Knock I have on him is his shot. If he can score at a more consistent level, he'd absolutely be worth the Knicks 1st pick IMO.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
EnySpree
Posts: 44740
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/31/2018  3:11 PM
Detroit are likely looking for talent to fill out the roster. Some vets Probably. Something to look into
You know why I'm here....
martin
Posts: 47797
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2018  3:53 PM
fishmike wrote:

26 points, 10 rebs 4 assists vs. Lebron

He could be had cheap
He can defend multiple positions
He's got a big beefy man body
Hes got a larger NBA sample size than Trey Young

Dude's 21 years old

haha it's totally apropos that on the first possession of the highlight he totally blows a defensive assignment

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Posts: 56238
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
1/31/2018  4:01 PM
Simple UK GM's: what do they need, what do they want, what can we do for them.
Problem as I see it is This kid is a future 4, and KP is there for a while. Im not moving KP to the 5 for no Stanley Johnson!
We got a CLee they can have? They need a back up 5? Weeeee got em!!! Clee won't sell any seats. Kanter would do well in Detroit, he can swim to Canada if Trump deports him!
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
Paris907
Posts: 21146
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
1/31/2018  4:06 PM
Detroit and Van Gundy have rolled the dice and assume they’ll compete with Boston hereafter unless Lebron heads to Ohili. That being the case, someone like Lee or KOQ could be appetizing for Stanley.
Welpee
Posts: 22062
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

1/31/2018  4:48 PM
Paris907 wrote:Detroit and Van Gundy have rolled the dice and assume they’ll compete with Boston hereafter unless Lebron heads to Ohili. That being the case, someone like Lee or KOQ could be appetizing for Stanley.
Lee and KOQ for Johnson and Galloway (have to accept him for the money to match)?
CrushAlot
Posts: 57306
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2018  4:57 PM
Welpee wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Detroit and Van Gundy have rolled the dice and assume they’ll compete with Boston hereafter unless Lebron heads to Ohili. That being the case, someone like Lee or KOQ could be appetizing for Stanley.
Lee and KOQ for Johnson and Galloway (have to accept him for the money to match)?
Lee for Galloway/Johnson worked on trade machine. The Pistons are still taking back more money for Lee.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yblknysf
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
wargames
Posts: 21214
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

1/31/2018  5:38 PM
I would love if we could pull this off.
technomaster
Posts: 22241
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/30/2003
Member: #426
USA
1/31/2018  5:44 PM
In line with one of the other threads around player development arcs, I think Stanley Johnson may fall under the slow developer category. He'll have flashes of brilliance but won't offer any level of consistency until the team that owns his rookie contract kind of gives up on him or is nervous awarding him his next contract still based on potential.

Alternatively, maybe Detroit was okay letting the emerging Tobias Harris go because they still have depth at SF... this could be a sign that they're willing to roll the dice that Johnson is ready to contribute.

Kevin Dolorico | "That was two, two from the heart." - John Starks
Welpee
Posts: 22062
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

1/31/2018  6:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Detroit and Van Gundy have rolled the dice and assume they’ll compete with Boston hereafter unless Lebron heads to Ohili. That being the case, someone like Lee or KOQ could be appetizing for Stanley.
Lee and KOQ for Johnson and Galloway (have to accept him for the money to match)?
Lee for Galloway/Johnson worked on trade machine. The Pistons are still taking back more money for Lee.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yblknysf
Yeah, didn't mean to include KOQ.
Stanley Johnson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.