[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah making the Knicks look dysfunctional yet again
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

1/30/2018  7:01 AM
I know this isn't the Knicks fault but aren't you guys sick of the negative press making this franchise look like its a toxic environment for free agents. We can't go half a season without someone being disgruntled. I was hoping people outside the organization would start having a more positive view of this organization the last thing we need is more trouble. For the most part this has been an uneventful season. Now Noah has to stir up trouble. I don't want to give in to this guy but maybe its just better for this team to buy him out.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/30/2018  7:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2018  7:17 AM
I really don't think people around the league are too concerned with what Noah thinks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/30/2018  9:14 AM
Not even.... Noah wants to play. If you think that's dysfunctional then you would love the Isiah years.... someone get Jmpasq the commemoration box set for Valentine's day
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/30/2018  12:33 PM
Ny media blows everything up.
Cav's have drama. IT2 was drama in Boston (Money), then injury, and he is again in Clev. Cav's are a walking soap.
Clips with Austin Rivers, Lakers with Ball, anything Boogie, Mirotech/Portis, Anything Draymond, Fultz, Marcus Smart cut his hand drama, etc etc.....
Take out the blame game of PED's, Phil's signing him and THE MONEY and your left with a guy that is a vet, deserving in some manner, a contract that enriches him and circumstance that are really not "His fault".

The trade for Kanter mucks it all up. Likely He was the starter as KOQ as good as he is does not go starter minutes.
So whom to blame? Has to be phil, cuz without the NTC Melo is already gone two years prior and No need for Noah. That said, its also Phils Phault becaue not only did he sign Noah, he made it necessesary for Melo to be traded and we got a quality center in return in Kanter.
Than you have to blame Perry for Kanter because he made the trade.
PED's and missing 12 games? That's on Noah. Blame Melo for being a triangle snit and phil wanting him gone. Blame KP for stepping up to allstar status and being a no. 1 option making Melo not a priority (team about the same without Melo)......Blame Mills for not being Pop. Blame Dolan because its all on him anyway.
Blame Briggs for having too many ideas, Knicks1248 for not having enough, crush for keeping us informed, FIshmike for being logical, JRod for not, bonnie for statistical adherence and Martin for making this damn site. The blame game.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/30/2018  12:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2018  12:47 PM
Jmpasq wrote:I know this isn't the Knicks fault but aren't you guys sick of the negative press making this franchise look like its a toxic environment for free agents. We can't go half a season without someone being disgruntled. I was hoping people outside the organization would start having a more positive view of this organization the last thing we need is more trouble. For the most part this has been an uneventful season. Now Noah has to stir up trouble. I don't want to give in to this guy but maybe its just better for this team to buy him out.

It doesn't matter if the J.Noah situation goes away because this is New York and as long as we have media members like Frank Asshola, there will always be negative Knicks news flying around the internet. Every team in the NBA will have something going on with player not liking each other or a coach and player not getting along and many other things and while with most other teams these things don't get blasted all over twitter or the internet, they always will get blasted everywhere when it comes to the Knicks because of the New York media and their thirst to get attention from their articles and tweets.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/30/2018  1:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2018  4:21 PM
Ever look through the bleacher report articles? Nothing but smut articles about how stupid and retarded Knicks, players management and fans are.... don't feed into it. As a fan we should be able to sift through the bull**** cuz we know what's real.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/30/2018  2:55 PM
I don't get why we don't play Noah though?
Every time he has played a game that was close or meaningful minutes he has looked good.
He has a right to be pissed he is a better defender than OQuinn and Kanter by miles.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/30/2018  6:35 PM
One of Phil's more expensive gifts that just keeps on giving.

Horny obviously isn't enamored with D-only bigs. Not when Kanter gives you double doubles, and KOQ is attracting trade interest.

Perry manages to get even a 2nd rounder or two for Noah and he will be my pick for Executive of the Solar System.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/30/2018  6:59 PM
EnySpree wrote:Not even.... Noah wants to play. If you think that's dysfunctional then you would love the Isiah years....

Agree - He can impact the game in short stretches, probably is in good enough shape to play 15 minutes a game, yet we don't have minutes for him. Even when KP sits or Kanter is playing badly or KOQ is invisible. It has to be demoralizing.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/30/2018  7:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2018  7:02 PM
EnySpree wrote:Not even.... Noah wants to play. If you think that's dysfunctional then you would love the Isiah years.... someone get Jmpasq the commemoration box set for Valentine's day
Noah wants to get paid too. Unfortunately he can't have both. If he wants to play then retire, make a comeback, Knicks renounce their rights to him, everybody should be happy, right (assuming it could work out like that, I'm not a CBA expert)?
Jmpasq

1/30/2018  8:06 PM
EnySpree wrote:Not even.... Noah wants to play. If you think that's dysfunctional then you would love the Isiah years.... someone get Jmpasq the commemoration box set for Valentine's day

I know its nothing compared to that, I was just enjoying the drama-free season this year. I just hate the media
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/30/2018  8:45 PM
Jmpasq wrote:I know this isn't the Knicks fault but aren't you guys sick of the negative press making this franchise look like its a toxic environment for free agents. We can't go half a season without someone being disgruntled.

He got busted for juicing and has showed up several times out of shape. ( And no matter what the Knicks say in public, Noah could have showed up prepared like a professional)

He's had a long long long time to improve aspects of his game, he has not. That's on him.

This issue is really more about the conflict of guaranteed contracts in the modern sports era. It's not sustainable in the NBA anymore. No fanbase wants to wait 4-5 years for a contract to expire to start over.

The next labor war will make this a deal breaker issue. The NBA will want the NFL's model of payment/contracts. If Noah could be cut at any time for any reason and not get any more of his contract, do you think he'd keep acting this way?

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/30/2018  10:41 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:I know this isn't the Knicks fault but aren't you guys sick of the negative press making this franchise look like its a toxic environment for free agents. We can't go half a season without someone being disgruntled.

He got busted for juicing and has showed up several times out of shape. ( And no matter what the Knicks say in public, Noah could have showed up prepared like a professional)

He's had a long long long time to improve aspects of his game, he has not. That's on him.

This issue is really more about the conflict of guaranteed contracts in the modern sports era. It's not sustainable in the NBA anymore. No fanbase wants to wait 4-5 years for a contract to expire to start over.

The next labor war will make this a deal breaker issue. The NBA will want the NFL's model of payment/contracts. If Noah could be cut at any time for any reason and not get any more of his contract, do you think he'd keep acting this way?

Players union would never agree to an NFL model. That ain't happening. There's a reason the NFL is the only major sport operating like that, they had the worst player's union. You need to remember, nobody put a gun to the Knicks head and forced them to give Noah that contract.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/31/2018  12:02 AM
We would be dysfunctional if Hornacek decided to give him 30MPG.

I thought he would come back and be more productive this year, but he isn't. Phil
rolled the dice and crapped out. His biggest mistake, unless you want to talk about resigning Melo,
which is too divisive, I would assume.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Jmpasq

1/31/2018  5:12 AM
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Players union would never agree to an NFL model. That ain't happening. There's a reason the NFL is the only major sport operating like that, they had the worst player's union. You need to remember, nobody put a gun to the Knicks head and forced them to give Noah that contract.

i don't think there is anything owners can concede to equal out non-guaranteed contracts
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

1/31/2018  4:10 PM
Welpee wrote:Players union would never agree to an NFL model.

Not by choice.

Sadly, and this might be either really obvious or really sad for most here ( probably a bit of both) but most professional athletes in the US are living check to check.

Owners are tired of it. It's not just about the money, it's about the product on the floor and if it's sustainable. But the key issue is THE NETWORKS ARE TIRED OF IT. The ones who sign the checks for the massive broadcasting rights to these games. Stern built the NBA around individual marketing but this is infinitely difficult to do because large segments of the Western world do not relate to or are appealed to by NBA players. Not like MLB and not like the NFL.

Cut off checks for NBA players for 3 months, see what happens. 6 months. See what happens. A year. See what happens.

The current contract structure benefits the player, his family and his agent.

The NFL model benefits competitive play and team's ability to reboot/reload. "Signing Bonuses" operate as guaranteed money and the top/elite guys will command enough money to be nearly uncuttable/untradeable.

If LeBron James buckles, he generates enough revenue for the league to deal with his idiocy.

But no one wants to deal with the power play of a Noah. Or a Baron Davis. Rip Hamilton. Aging Tracy McGrady. Erick Dampier.

STAT is a good example. A "signing bonus" would have made his contract uncuttable for the first two years. By year 3, if the Knicks could have let him go, they would have. They would get the chance to rebuild, STAT would go back out and help some other team AT HIS CURRENT MARKET VALUE. More players on the market at the actual value to the league right then and there would make team building and rebuilding much easier. It's a better product on the floor, players have no choice but to play harder and keep improving their game. STAT doesn't get to give lip service to defense, he either improved or gets cut. Guys milking fake injuries would have to rethink everything.

You are paid what you are worth right now. If you want to keep your job, you better produce. You want to show up to the preseason out of shape? Well if you are LBJ, you can get away with it. But Noah? Sorry dude, hit the exit.

Kemet
Member: #6148

1/31/2018  4:44 PM
The only thing dysfunctional is Hornacek decision making .. consistent road game losses .. Same defense/offense plans as the previous season .. DNP to WHG for lack of defensive skills .. DNP to Noah for having defensive leadership skilla to guide a lineup .. favoritism to a clueless chemistry trio of KP Kanter and Lee to receive the most minutes played in the rotatition n roster.
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/31/2018  4:50 PM
Being coached by Thibs for several seasons,
then being coached by Hornacek is like taking 5 to 10 steps backwards!
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/31/2018  5:03 PM
Kemet wrote:The only thing dysfunctional is Hornacek decision making .. consistent road game losses .. Same defense/offense plans as the previous season .. DNP to WHG for lack of defensive skills .. DNP to Noah for having defensive leadership skilla to guide a lineup .. favoritism to a clueless chemistry trio of KP Kanter and Lee to receive the most minutes played in the rotatition n roster.

Last I saw Noah was slow and didn't play good defense. He was also really bad on the offense. Then he got caught juicing. So exactly where is this leadership to guide a lineup you are referring to? Why does Noah deserve minutes from KP, Kanter or Lee?

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/31/2018  5:10 PM
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

While I agree that it would never happen. I don't believe its because they have the worst players union (Maybe they do maybe they don't). But the nature of the NFL, having fully guaranteed deals would probably devastate the league. Most players don't last long in the NFL.

NBA they play a more games, players careers also last longer due to it being a way less violent sport.

At the same time if they offered fully guaranteed deals. Then they would probably just offer less money. Like contract would strictly be signing bonus money.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Noah making the Knicks look dysfunctional yet again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy