[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Incredible nBA draft where many of these guys would go #1 in many other drafts my first top 10
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/29/2018  2:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  9:42 PM
#1 Marvin Bagley--I cannot dismiss just how f good he is at this size. Hes the best player-because he has the least questions.
#2 Luka Doncic(as PG) A shade above Trae young because of his 6-7 height
#3 Trae Young-- Wont be double teamed like he is now in the nBA lacks some finishing ability great visison highly intelligent great shooter
#4 Mo Bamba--Ive put him ahead of Dayton by a hair because of motor
#5 Dayton--would be number 1 in most draft and prob this one these guys are all so close. I didnt like the way he has playe down recently--he doesnt always play hard but hes got all the tools and size will prob go #1 and the top 5 are really just eye of the beholder--other than Bagely who I think has simply earned pick 1.
#6 M Porter--might ve been pick #1 if he hadnt got hurt but he did so hes discounted here
#7 K Knox--has shown enough to be considered mid lottery at 6-9 in a class devoid of wing players
#8 Wendell Carter--in some drafts hed go #1 as well. Bull with skills good on both sides of ball lonhg think athletic skilled big man with diversity
#9 Gary Trent Jr--great size and shot for 2 guard really coming on. Should be a solid rebounder defender from the 2 guard
#10 Jarren Jackson--to me he is the next tier--the top 7-8 are all guys who could go #1 in certain drafts Jackson has nice two way skills as big but has never dominated--a slightly better version of Portis--maybe#
#11 Colin Sexton--Darron Fox like PG more musclcular but less of pure PG skills uber athletic good not great jumpshot
#12 Chandler Hutchinson guard/forward--Long athletic wing player with advanced handle excellent rebounder good passer--can dribble himself into trouble--over dribble good jumpshot form good shooter
#13 Jalen Brunson pg on the best team who avg 20 points shoots it from 3 has all the skills doesnt turn the ball over and wins almost every game great character good solid defense Makes plays with the dribble and great range strong powerfully built under rated finisher
#14 Mikal Bridges--long athletic wing who can shoot it lacks dribble drive game good shooter not great plus defender
#15 Khyri Thomas--powerful skilled defender with a diversity of offensive combo skills combo guard--too small for nba 2 and not enough of a pG?
#16 Alonzo Trier-- effective powerful under rated SG a little small for the 2 guard decent handle good ball mover not explosive athlete
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/29/2018  2:43 PM
Actually not a bad list and reasonings. Good job
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

1/29/2018  2:55 PM
Didn't they say 2015 was such a deep draft? How's that turning out?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/29/2018  3:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  3:52 PM
Welpee wrote:Didn't they say 2015 was such a deep draft? How's that turning out?

It's still early but that draft was very good. Towns and Porzingis are possible franchise players, already all-stars. Booker and Turner have star potential and guys like Russell and a few others still have pretty good upside. A couple busts, but that's every draft.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/29/2018  4:22 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Welpee wrote:Didn't they say 2015 was such a deep draft? How's that turning out?

It's still early but that draft was very good. Towns and Porzingis are possible franchise players, already all-stars. Booker and Turner have star potential and guys like Russell and a few others still have pretty good upside. A couple busts, but that's every draft.

On a somewhat side note.

When Bobby Portis finally is set free. He gonna ball out.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/29/2018  7:57 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Couple of busts? Yeah it still early but: 2 of the first 3 picks have already been traded. Hezonia, Johnson, Cauley-Stein, Mudiay, Winslow, Kaminsky have been disappointments, and this is just off the top of my head. Almost every year leading up to a draft we hear about all the studs on the board, later to learn it didn't work out that way.

But like you said, there's time for some if these guys to find there niche.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/29/2018  8:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Marvin Bagley--I cannot dismiss just how f good he is at this size. Hes the best player-because he has the least questions.
#3 Trae Young-- Wont be double teamed like he is now in the nBA lacks some finishing ability great visison highly intelligent great shooter
#5 Dayton--would be number 1 in most draft and prob this one these guys are all so close. I didnt like the way he has playe down recently--he doesnt always play hard but hes got all the tools and size will prob go #1 and the top 5 are really just eye of the beholder--other than Bagely who I think has simply earned pick 1.
#6 M Porter--might ve been pick #1 if he hadnt got hurt but he did so hes discounted here
#7 K Knox--has shown enough to be considered mid lottery at 6-9 in a class devoid of wing players
#8 Wendell Carter--in some drafts hed go #1 as well. Bull with skills good on both sides of ball lonhg think athletic skilled big man with diversity
#9 Jarren Jackson--to me he is the next tier--the top 7-8 are all guys who could go #1 in certain drafts Jackson has nice two way skills as big but has never dominated--a slightly better version of Portis--maybe
#10 Colin Sexton--not 100% ready but not far off from what Darron Fox was last year with more muscle--very fast and storing to the hoop super athlete--PG the way the NBA is right now--not sure about that 1/.

to bad we didn't tank

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/29/2018  9:22 PM
Welpee wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Couple of busts? Yeah it still early but: 2 of the first 3 picks have already been traded. Hezonia, Johnson, Cauley-Stein, Mudiay, Winslow, Kaminsky have been disappointments, and this is just off the top of my head. Almost every year leading up to a draft we hear about all the studs on the board, later to learn it didn't work out that way.

2015 was a great draft even if it hasn't totally lived up to expectations 3 years in. And not every draft class is hyped up. No one hyped up 2013 and no one's been talking about 2019 like they were talking about 2018 the last couple of years.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
BRIGGS
1/29/2018  9:36 PM
draft projections Knicks

pick #13 Wendell Carter Gary Trent JR Chandler Hutchinson

pick #35 Jalen Brunson Alonzo Trier Keita Bates Diop

pick #45 Vince Edwards Bonzie Colson Issac Haas

RIP Crushalot😞
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/29/2018  9:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Marvin Bagley--I cannot dismiss just how f good he is at this size. Hes the best player-because he has the least questions.
#9 Gary Trent Jr--great size and shot for 2 guard really coming on. Should be a solid rebounder defender from the 2 guard
#10 Jarren Jackson--to me he is the next tier--the top 7-8 are all guys who could go #1 in certain drafts Jackson has nice two way skills as big but has never dominated--a slightly better version of Portis--maybe#
#11 Colin Sexton--Darron Fox like PG more musclcular but less of pure PG skills uber athletic good not great jumpshot
#12 Chandler Hutchinson guard/forward--Long athletic wing player with advanced handle excellent rebounder good passer--can dribble himself into trouble--over dribble good jumpshot form good shooter
#13 Jalen Brunson pg on the best team who avg 20 points shoots it from 3 has all the skills doesnt turn the ball over and wins almost every game great character good solid defense Makes plays with the dribble and great range strong powerfully built under rated finisher
#14 Mikal Bridges--long athletic wing who can shoot it lacks dribble drive game good shooter not great plus defender
#15 Khyri Thomas--powerful skilled defender with a diversity of offensive combo skills combo guard--too small for nba 2 and not enough of a pG?
#16 Alonzo Trier-- effective athletic under rated SG a little small for the 2 guard decent handle good ball mover

So weekday you're saying is the the top 15 picks in the draft will cancel each other out.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/30/2018  8:38 AM
BRIGGS might be an OCD thread starter, but I don't think anyone among UK faithful would doubt his outstanding draft observation skills. He knows him some college hoops.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/30/2018  8:47 AM
BRIGGS wrote:draft projections Knicks

No way Brunson is there @ 35...If he is, that would be a major steal. He's better than Frank right now!!!

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/30/2018  9:01 AM
Comparing the list with NBADRAFT.NET - their #1 prospect is Deandre Ayton, who didn't make it here.

Is the omission because you see him as the next Hasheem Thabeet?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Knixkik
USA
1/30/2018  9:03 AM
technomaster wrote:Comparing the list with NBADRAFT.NET - their #1 prospect is Deandre Ayton, who didn't make it here.

He is #5 on the list.

BRIGGS
1/30/2018  9:06 AM
technomaster wrote:Comparing the list with NBADRAFT.NET - their #1 prospect is Deandre Ayton, who didn't make it here.

Actually he is pick #5 and I think he may go #1. He is NO Thabeet. The top 5 is really close.

RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/30/2018  9:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/30/2018  9:21 AM
Uptown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:draft projections Knicks

No way Brunson is there @ 35...If he is, that would be a major steal. He's better than Frank right now!!!

Agree with you guys about Brunson. Me and a buddy were texting about him during the Nova/Marquette game over the weekend. Brunson was great. I think he dropped over 30 and ran a great show. Was doing whatever he wanted to basically out there.. Reminds me of a bigger Isaiah Thomas on the Cavs a little. When I'm out doing the friggin' driveway now, a better comparison will come to me.. I'd love for the Knicks to get this kid.

You know who impressed me during this game too -- Andrew Rowsey for Marquette. Lights out shooter, good PG. Probably not NBA material but when you look at a guy like TJ McConnell playing well for Philly, who knows.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/30/2018  9:26 AM
Welpee wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I'm with you... generally speaking, when there isn't a clear-cut #1 or a few guys clearly better than the rest there means there really aren't many great prospects. I don't think there's eight all-stars in the draft with another eight that are good enough for Briggs to attach his name to them. This is just his way to bump this in a year or two when two or three of these guys turn out decently and he can say 'I told you so'

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
1/30/2018  10:40 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I'm with you... generally speaking, when there isn't a clear-cut #1 or a few guys clearly better than the rest there means there really aren't many great prospects. I don't think there's eight all-stars in the draft with another eight that are good enough for Briggs to attach his name to them. This is just his way to bump this in a year or two when two or three of these guys turn out decently and he can say 'I told you so'

-->I'm with you... generally speaking, when there isn't a clear-cut #1 or a few guys clearly better than the rest there means there really aren't many great prospects.

Man his couldnt be more wrong. There is a glut of high caliber talent at the top. Some of these guys would go number 1 in other drafts--may last to 6 or 7.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
1/30/2018  10:44 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

-->I'm with you... generally speaking, when there isn't a clear-cut #1 or a few guys clearly better than the rest there means there really aren't many great prospects.

Man his couldnt be more wrong. There is a glut of high caliber talent at the top. Some of these guys would go number 1 in other drafts--may last to 6 or 7.

I agree, this draft has 5 guys i would take over Ball or Fultz during last year's draft. Obviously with the question marks with both of these players, even more-so now. I think this draft has less talent in the 6-14 range than last year, but the top end talent is crazy. And all these guys are dominating college (and Doncic in euro play) unlike a few of the top guys last year.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/30/2018  12:27 PM
#16 Alonzo Trier-- effective powerful under rated SG a little small for the 2 guard decent handle good ball mover not explosive athlete

Good list. Agree with Bagley III at 1. See Ayton at 2 or 3. Dont think many can pass up on a 7 foot beast. Not a big fan of Doncic. Just dont think he has the 3pt. shot for the NBA. Trae and Sexton look good. Sexton seems more athletic. Not that Young is a slouch. Worried about their outside shooting as well. Will be interesting to see what happens with Porter.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Incredible nBA draft where many of these guys would go #1 in many other drafts my first top 10

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy