[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Rondae Hollis-Jefferson worth a protected 2018 first?
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/28/2018  11:29 PM
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/1/28/16943230/berman-knicks-inquired-about-nets-forward-rondae-hollis-jefferson
The Knicks’ trade deadline buzz has yet to pick up much, with a only few vague stories popping up here and there about their desire to move one of their glut of centers. But Marc Berman did provide fans with an interesting little tidbit Sunday: The front office has inquired about a certain forward from a certain team in Brooklyn.

One NBA source said the Knicks inquired about the Nets’ 23-year-old defensive forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, but Brooklyn asked for a first-rounder. That the Knicks’ pick is looking more like a lottery selection makes it virtually untouchable.

Ah, now this is the stuff. I’d much rather hear about guys Steve Mills and Scott Perry are interested in acquiring than guys they’d like to move (They wanna trade Joakim Noah? FOR REALZ?).

Hollis-Jefferson is more than just a defensive wizard—he’s averaging 14.3 points per game on 47.2% shooting. Unfortunately (or fortunately, since he remains a Net) he has yet to learn to shoot from beyond the arc, posting a 27.9 3P% in Kenny Atkinson’s three-happy offense. The Knicks already have spacing problems as it is.

Obviously any request for a first-round pick is a non-starter, but we’re getting a glimpse of what the Knicks’ front office is prioritizing at the trade deadline: namely, defense and athleticism.

He averages 18-8-3-1 per 36mins. Main flaw is 3 pt shot. But if he ever is able to get that down which is possible as we have seen many players do so over the years. He is the type of F this team really needs.

Proven skill set now as well as possible potential with a developed 3pt shot, only 23 (long term core member).
VS
Possible lotto pick with high possible potential for stardom.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/29/2018  7:42 AM
I love that kid... I would love to have him. He plays so hard. He's a jump shot away from being special. Perfect guy to have around KP, especially closing games with KP at center.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/29/2018  8:37 AM
I love him too! I just wonder how much is production stemming from being on a bad team.

He is probably better than anything we're going to draft- unless we're picking five or higher.

If we're trading our pick for him, we need to find some way to upgrade SF.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/29/2018  8:38 AM
He would be worth a highly protected first round pick. We can't get rid of this year's pick, but a future lottery protected pick wouldn't be the worst thing for an established starter under the age of 25.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/29/2018  7:41 PM
Knixkik wrote:He would be worth a highly protected first round pick. We can't get rid of this year's pick, but a future lottery protected pick wouldn't be the worst thing for an established starter under the age of 25.

Are there Nets selling? I would do that trade, as long as it's heavily protected, top 12?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/29/2018  7:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  8:00 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He would be worth a highly protected first round pick. We can't get rid of this year's pick, but a future lottery protected pick wouldn't be the worst thing for an established starter under the age of 25.

Are there Nets selling? I would do that trade, as long as it's heavily protected, top 12?

I doubt they will trade him. I would be just as happy going after Kidd-Gilchrist, who is a similar player and similar age but won't cost as much.

VCoug
Member: #1406

1/29/2018  9:27 PM
If we trade our 1st for Hollis-Jefferson when I wanted to draft him with our Jerian Grant pick I'd be pretty pissed off. At a minimum, the pick would have to have several years worth of protection.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/30/2018  10:27 AM
VCoug wrote:If we trade our 1st for Hollis-Jefferson when I wanted to draft him with our Jerian Grant pick I'd be pretty pissed off. At a minimum, the pick would have to have several years worth of protection.
whats the difference? Get the guys and pieces you need. Did we have the same needs then? Its new management anyway (again).

I think Stanley Johnson could be have without giving up a pick. However RHJ is the same trade with likely a better player coming back. I want to get a multi positional defender in here between Frank and KP. RHJ certainly accomplishes that. A pick is fine... doesnt have to be ours. We could get a #1 back in a KOQ deal and use that for RHJ. We could use the Bulls pick and another player to move up as well.

A think a late #1 for RHJ is fine, I dont think it has to be ours though.. I think we have options to get this done. He's got a team option next year for cheap which makes him even more attractive IMO

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/30/2018  10:42 AM
VCoug wrote:If we trade our 1st for Hollis-Jefferson when I wanted to draft him with our Jerian Grant pick I'd be pretty pissed off. At a minimum, the pick would have to have several years worth of protection.

I dont see why the Nets would trade him? They just picked him?

RIP Crushalot😞
VCoug

1/30/2018  10:42 AM
fishmike wrote:
whats the difference? Get the guys and pieces you need. Did we have the same needs then? Its new management anyway (again).

I think Stanley Johnson could be have without giving up a pick. However RHJ is the same trade with likely a better player coming back. I want to get a multi positional defender in here between Frank and KP. RHJ certainly accomplishes that. A pick is fine... doesnt have to be ours. We could get a #1 back in a KOQ deal and use that for RHJ. We could use the Bulls pick and another player to move up as well.

A think a late #1 for RHJ is fine, I dont think it has to be ours though.. I think we have options to get this done. He's got a team option next year for cheap which makes him even more attractive IMO

It's about asset allocation. To have wasted one asset on a player eventually traded for Derrick Rose and then using another asset to get the player we should have gotten originally is a bad use of resources.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/30/2018  11:13 AM
VCoug wrote:
fishmike wrote:

It's about asset allocation. To have wasted one asset on a player eventually traded for Derrick Rose and then using another asset to get the player we should have gotten originally is a bad use of resources.

The deal for Rose though got us the cap space to sign Thjr and the draft pick to draft Dotson.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/30/2018  6:32 PM
VCoug wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Don't let sunk costs factor into future moves. Can't change the past but that shouldn't play into future decisions with the type of rationale you just posted.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/30/2018  7:05 PM
At some point you would have to give up the pick, you can't protected it forever if its 1-15 if we fail to make the playoffs.
VCoug

1/30/2018  7:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Don't let sunk costs factor into future moves. Can't change the past but that shouldn't play into future decisions with the type of rationale you just posted.

Oh, I know. It would just annoy the **** out of me.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/30/2018  11:49 PM
Plays with an attitude and is a tough dude...Not giving up a #1 because I'm not sure about his shooting over the long term, but I would not mind having him on the team.

Doubt we have a chance to get him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Is Rondae Hollis-Jefferson worth a protected 2018 first?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy