[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kawahi Leonard a Knick? How?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Posts: 44740
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/26/2018  11:59 PM
http://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/how-and-why-the-knicks-should-trade-for-kawhi-leonard/265397680?share=other

Writer does make sense... then there's the rumor that the spurs almost traded Kawahi to the Knicks for KP and Frank....

Frank and Willy and fillers possibly a pick for Kawahi, especially if you considering his diva behavior (He's basically purposely sitting out and refusing to play with a phantom injury)... that's a damn decent trade offer for Leonard...

Dude.... if we got Kawahi for all our chips?

KP, Kawahi, Kanter, Trey Burke, THJr? That's a mother****ing NBA finals team.

You know why I'm here....
AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Posts: 20884
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

1/27/2018  12:42 AM
keep dreaming
TLover
Posts: 20738
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/12/2003
Member: #381
USA
1/27/2018  1:11 AM
The exact player we need!

Frankie, Willy, & Courtney for Leonard works for me, not sure for Spurs

NardDogNation
Posts: 26778
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/27/2018  2:37 AM
Why stop there? Let's flip McDermott into LeBron.
smackeddog
Posts: 33196
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
1/27/2018  4:04 AM
NardDogNation wrote:Why stop there? Let's flip McDermott into LeBron.

Then solidify our roster by flipping Beasley and Lance for Kevin Durant

Swishfm3
Posts: 22667
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2003
Member: #392
1/27/2018  5:44 AM
Not saying K. Leonard is a bad player but he may be a product of his environment.

I would love to see how he does with another organization...just not the Knicks. Let that experiment happen somewhere else

nyknickzingis
Posts: 22923
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

1/27/2018  6:17 AM
Think it would take

2018 pick
Frank
Willy
CLee

That's a lot to give up.

EnySpree
Posts: 44740
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/27/2018  8:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  8:12 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:Not saying K. Leonard is a bad player but he may be a product of his environment.

I would love to see how he does with another organization...just not the Knicks. Let that experiment happen somewhere else

Wow... it was all good just a week ago.

I get the risk cuz we're only talking about him cuz of his controversy. He might want a change of scenery.... Pop is a military style coach and the spurs have been a machine. Might be time for him to spread his wings.... I think that's what this is all about. Spurs would be right too make that move as a franchise. They had a historical run... time to get back to basics

You know why I'm here....
EnySpree
Posts: 44740
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/27/2018  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  8:23 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Think it would take

2018 pick
Frank
Willy
CLee

That's a lot to give up.

Leonard was just being called the best two way player in the nba. Some had him ahead of LeBron and definately in the same sentence.

I think that deal is what gets that done. No way around that. Another team could beat that if they wanted to throw in a more established player on a rookie contract or a higher pick.

Are we afraid to win?

KP, Leonard, Kanter, Trey Burke and Thjr.... that 5 can bang with anybody in the east.... Might be able to actually beat Boston and Cleveland in a series.... thats if they gel and peak at the right time

You know why I'm here....
Ira
Posts: 24559
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/14/2001
Member: #91
1/27/2018  8:21 AM
If we want Leonard, we'll have to trade KP plus. I can't see the Spurs trading a player of that quality for less.
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22917
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

1/27/2018  8:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  8:50 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Think it would take

2018 pick
Frank
Willy
CLee

That's a lot to give up.

Another possible Frank
Role player thus far.
Scrub this year
Gone anyway.

Spurs are not stupid. Why do us Knick fans dream so highly about our players? Leonard is the best two way players in NBA. Saw all this irrational valuations when Irving was available.

None of these players add up to what Kawahi would mean to the Knicks. But like said, Spurs are not that stupid. Think these are all just rumors due to his extended injury.

BigRedDog
Posts: 21937
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
1/27/2018  10:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  10:56 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Think it would take

2018 pick
Frank
Willy
CLee

That's a lot to give up.

Wake up! Spurs arent trading Leonard for this ****. Stop doing these ridiculous one sided trades. A lot to give up? Yeah a lot of ****

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
newyorker4ever
Posts: 26414
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/19/2014
Member: #5816

1/27/2018  10:58 AM
EnySpree wrote:http://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/how-and-why-the-knicks-should-trade-for-kawhi-leonard/265397680?share=other

Writer does make sense... then there's the rumor that the spurs almost traded Kawahi to the Knicks for KP and Frank....

Frank and Willy and fillers possibly a pick for Kawahi, especially if you considering his diva behavior (He's basically purposely sitting out and refusing to play with a phantom injury)... that's a damn decent trade offer for Leonard...

Dude.... if we got Kawahi for all our chips?

KP, Kawahi, Kanter, Trey Burke, THJr? That's a mother****ing NBA finals team.


I would absolutely love to have Kawhi on this team with KP but it's gonna take a heck of a return package from us to get him especially if we're not putting KP in the offer. I would trade them Frank, Willy and anyone else on our roster but KP for him and i'd even include at least one 1st round pick and maybe even two depending on the full return we would get back from them. Kawhi is an absolute beast on both ends of the floor and if we have him and KP on the team.....there would be plenty of star players wanting to come join them in New York. I love what T.Burke has shown so far but could you imagine how we'd be if we got Kyrie to come join KP and Kawhi when he's a free agent which i think is after next season? If not then i'd keep Burke and and get a beast at center.

newyorker4ever
Posts: 26414
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/19/2014
Member: #5816

1/27/2018  11:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  11:05 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:Not saying K. Leonard is a bad player but he may be a product of his environment.

I would love to see how he does with another organization...just not the Knicks. Let that experiment happen somewhere else


Kawhi is not just a product of the Spurs environment. He's a great player no matter where he's playing.

Frank
Willy
C.Lee
two 1st round picks in 2019 and 2021 and a couple of 2nd round picks.

I would trade all of that for Kawhi because if we got Kawhi we would instantly go from a rebuilding team that will build through the draft to a destination that star players want to play so while draft picks are always valuable, we wouldn't need them as much with Kawhi and KP as we would without Kawhi and having the team we have now. I'm keeping our 2018 1st rounder which is why i said trade them our 1st in 2019 and 2021.

Welpee
Posts: 22062
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

1/27/2018  11:07 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Not saying K. Leonard is a bad player but he may be a product of his environment.

I would love to see how he does with another organization...just not the Knicks. Let that experiment happen somewhere else


Kawhi is not just a product of the Spurs environment. He's a great player no matter where he's playing.

Frank
Willy
C.Lee
two 1st round picks in 2019 and 2021 and a couple of 2nd round picks.

I would trade all of that for Kawhi because if we got Kawhi we would instantly go from a rebuilding team that will build through the draft to a destination that star players want to play so while draft picks are always valuable, we wouldn't need them as much with Kawhi and KP as we would without Kawhi and having the team we have now.

And he'd get here and we'd start immediately throwing shade at him, somebody will create a kawhihater username, we'll discover flaws in his game and dump on him for not being Kevin Durant. Just look at KP. EVERY team and fan base would love to have him, yet we have some fans who want to package him to receive an unknown player with a lottery pick.
doomed
Posts: 20132
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2006
Member: #1078

1/27/2018  11:34 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Think it would take

2018 pick
Frank
Willy
CLee

That's a lot to give up.

Wait, you think that's a lot????? dont tell me you would actually hesitate to make that trade. Please don't.

The spurs would laugh this thread out of existence. The Knicks have one chip and one chip only and they aren't trading KP so forget it. Forget trading for Leonard.

doomed
Posts: 20132
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2006
Member: #1078

1/27/2018  11:38 AM
EnySpree wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Think it would take

2018 pick
Frank
Willy
CLee

That's a lot to give up.

Leonard was just being called the best two way player in the nba. Some had him ahead of LeBron and definately in the same sentence.

I think that deal is what gets that done. No way around that. Another team could beat that if they wanted to throw in a more established player on a rookie contract or a higher pick.

Are we afraid to win?

KP, Leonard, Kanter, Trey Burke and Thjr.... that 5 can bang with anybody in the east.... Might be able to actually beat Boston and Cleveland in a series.... thats if they gel and peak at the right time

Dude, that deal isn't even getting a convo started. I'm doing you a favor right now. Stop. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. The Knicks aren't trading upside for Leonard. They would need to trade young and good, more good and upside and more upside.

Frank and the 14th pick and a big sloppy young player isn't getting you an MVP caliber talent.

newyorknewyork
Posts: 28113
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
1/27/2018  12:04 PM
Leonard isn't sitting out games, Spurs are sitting Leonard out of games. That is the beef that Leonard has in the first place.

There is nothing we can offer other then KP or the #1 pick in the draft.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26778
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

1/27/2018  12:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Why stop there? Let's flip McDermott into LeBron.

Then solidify our roster by flipping Beasley and Lance for Kevin Durant

Fuck that bro. They'd need to throw in picks in that deal for us to even come close to getting fair value.

EnySpree
Posts: 44740
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

1/27/2018  3:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  3:53 PM
doomed wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Think it would take

2018 pick
Frank
Willy
CLee

That's a lot to give up.

Leonard was just being called the best two way player in the nba. Some had him ahead of LeBron and definately in the same sentence.

I think that deal is what gets that done. No way around that. Another team could beat that if they wanted to throw in a more established player on a rookie contract or a higher pick.

Are we afraid to win?

KP, Leonard, Kanter, Trey Burke and Thjr.... that 5 can bang with anybody in the east.... Might be able to actually beat Boston and Cleveland in a series.... thats if they gel and peak at the right time

Dude, that deal isn't even getting a convo started. I'm doing you a favor right now. Stop. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. The Knicks aren't trading upside for Leonard. They would need to trade young and good, more good and upside and more upside.

Frank and the 14th pick and a big sloppy young player isn't getting you an MVP caliber talent.

Doing me a favor? Setting myself up for disappointment? You posters are corny as ****.

Regardless... I didn't start a rumor. Stephen a Smith did. I didn't write any articles. The trade I threw out there is the best the Knicks can do. They take or they don't. Plenty of good players have been traded for less. Anyway whatever.

Just to add there's a poster here in this thread that said were giving uo too much 😐

You know why I'm here....
Kawahi Leonard a Knick? How?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.