1/26/2018  11:24 PM
FINAL
PHX 85 NYK 107
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/26/2018  11:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:So nice to have a positive at the point. Whatever Frank ends up being, Burke is a keeper.

Well that was the idea. We knew Jack wasn't any kind of long term option. Burke was worth taking a shot to see if he could put things together. Got him at the right time. Burke's DEFENSE is what has surprised me.

Frank will hopefully pick up some things about being more aggressive penetrating to draw the D and create shots.
It's gonna take time for Frank to get his shooting percentage up. He looks like he's not far off. So many of Frank's shots roll off. His touch is soft so i'm guessing it's a technical thing that can eventually get figured out.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/26/2018  11:28 PM
HOLY FUCK A VICTORY
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/26/2018  11:31 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:So nice to have a positive at the point. Whatever Frank ends up being, Burke is a keeper.

Well that was the idea. We knew Jack wasn't any kind of long term option. Burke was worth taking a shot to see if he could put things together. Got him at the right time. Burke's DEFENSE is what has surprised me.

Frank will hopefully pick up some things about being more aggressive penetrating to draw the D and create shots.
It's gonna take time for Frank to get his shooting percentage up. He looks like he's not far off. So many of Frank's shots roll off. His touch is soft so i'm guessing it's a technical thing that can eventually get figured out.

Wally,"you play Trey Burke".
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/26/2018  11:48 PM
Any more questions about burke??

Frank should be getting garbage minutes until he's ready

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/26/2018  11:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Any more questions about burke??

No shame in that. He is 19. Eight looks a little high for him as a pick though. Getting Burke without giving up anything was an awesome move by Perry.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
1/27/2018  2:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Any more questions about burke??

No shame in that. He is 19. Eight looks a little high for him as a pick though. Getting Burke without giving up anything was an awesome move by Perry.

You don’t judge a draft before the All Star Break of the Rookie season. I mean come on. They knew Frank was raw offensively. They didn’t draft him for his scoring. Who would’ve drafted him expecting him to be a scorer? Frank was making progress and then hit this rough patch. He could bounce back just as quick.

The kid needs time to work on his craft. People forget he didn’t have a typical long period of time to prepare like most rookies. Kid was playing in the French playoffs. He’s gonna have much more time to work on his body and his game next summer.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/27/2018  6:29 AM
Frank should play with the starters
For one they could use his défense and 3 point shot
Jack can't make a 3 to save his life
The other is that with KP, Tim, Enes and CLee it makes Frank a fifth option.

Trey could be a great change of pace backup.
Frank should get a few games as starter to show how he does.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/27/2018  7:11 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Frank should play with the starters

You realize Frank is shooting 30 percent from 3 right? Jack is similar but shoots 43 percent overall vs mid 30s for Frank. And that's against more 2nd unit than Jack sees. You can't reward crap play. It kills team dynamics. Coaches won't do it unless ordered by the FO. They could be fired anytime and their resume is wins losses.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/27/2018  1:12 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Frank should play with the starters

You realize Frank is shooting 30 percent from 3 right? Jack is similar but shoots 43 percent overall vs mid 30s for Frank. And that's against more 2nd unit than Jack sees. You can't reward crap play. It kills team dynamics. Coaches won't do it unless ordered by the FO. They could be fired anytime and their resume is wins losses.

By the same logic, you need to acknowledge that Jack benefits from playing with the first unit while Frank has no guaranteed set of players who regularly interact with each other.

Frank is young enough not to have to start or fret very much about his security. He's not a short-timer.

Burke has had a few good games, PHX being a lightweight example. To get too excited about Burke is a mistake. He's small and defensively challenged and that will get exposed against better competition.

Howevah, I think the emergence of Burke makes Jack expendable. Start Burke followed by Frankie and co. Nothing against Jack. Just if some contender needs a competent PG for a deep playoff run AND the return is commensurate - BINGO!

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/27/2018  3:23 PM
Did you guys hear about the players only meeting led by Lee and LT? Loved the sound of that. Delivered some tough love and let there be airing of grievances lol. They seemed to play with more focus and accountability. Not as much hot dogging or whining about calls. Just good gritty determination. I know it was Phoenix but they’ve won about as many games as other teams we’ve lost to on the road. They were also shooting ridiculous from 3 and we still managed and then blew them out like ought to. A lot of positives to see here. 3-4 on a massive road trip ending on a high note.

Burke had a bad couple minutes but shook it off and balled out. Was pretty happy to see that. THJ showed a lot of toughness and aggression. Also may be nominated for that Tony Award after all. Not ready to give up on the season just yet. If we can keep playing like that we have a pretty favorable schedule the rest of the way overall. Also have play as many road games as anybody, more than most at this point.

The infusion of Burke, the team coming together, everybody being healthy, KP playing more efficiently. Call me crazy but I think we have a shot to get back in this thing.

nixluva
USA
1/27/2018  3:52 PM
Zebo13 wrote:Did you guys hear about the players only meeting led by Lee and LT? Loved the sound of that. Delivered some tough love and let there be airing of grievances lol. They seemed to play with more focus and accountability. Not as much hot dogging or whining about calls. Just good gritty determination. I know it was Phoenix but they’ve won about as many games as other teams we’ve lost to on the road. They were also shooting ridiculous from 3 and we still managed and then blew them out like ought to. A lot of positives to see here. 3-4 on a massive road trip ending on a high note.

Burke had a bad couple minutes but shook it off and balled out. Was pretty happy to see that. THJ showed a lot of toughness and aggression. Also may be nominated for that Tony Award after all. Not ready to give up on the season just yet. If we can keep playing like that we have a pretty favorable schedule the rest of the way overall. Also have play as many road games as anybody, more than most at this point.

The infusion of Burke, the team coming together, everybody being healthy, KP playing more efficiently. Call me crazy but I think we have a shot to get back in this thing.

Knicks weren't technically out of it despite the AWFUL stretch. With Burke giving the team much needed production at PG the team can close the year much better IMO. Gotta see if Frank eventually gets out of his January funk. It looks like a confidence issue at this point with Frank. Once you have doubt enter your mind it's hard to shake it off.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/27/2018  4:00 PM
nixluva wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Did you guys hear about the players only meeting led by Lee and LT? Loved the sound of that. Delivered some tough love and let there be airing of grievances lol. They seemed to play with more focus and accountability. Not as much hot dogging or whining about calls. Just good gritty determination. I know it was Phoenix but they’ve won about as many games as other teams we’ve lost to on the road. They were also shooting ridiculous from 3 and we still managed and then blew them out like ought to. A lot of positives to see here. 3-4 on a massive road trip ending on a high note.

Knicks weren't technically out of it despite the AWFUL stretch. With Burke giving the team much needed production at PG the team can close the year much better IMO. Gotta see if Frank eventually gets out of his January funk. It looks like a confidence issue at this point with Frank. Once you have doubt enter your mind it's hard to shake it off.

Doubt brings fear, fear brings anger, from anger only suffering...

-Yoda

GameThread: Knicks @ Sun

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy