[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How many keepers on this team?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/26/2018  3:46 PM
truly--we almost have to remake this whole team--Not saying many nba teams dont--but great nba teams are usually set through a tight 8.

Right now Id say

KP THJ with two projects Dotson and Frank--thats the Knicks. Should I throw in Troy Burke-but role players these 3.

we are so far away from ANYTHING.

A lot of the good play this season came from Lee Oquinn Kanter Beasley who are probably not Knicks next year--Im not sure Kanter is the fit here-so its like who cares?

Ill give Mills credit on THJ--that was a speculative move at 17mm. Now we need to keep him healthy and make sure he takes good shots.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
1/26/2018  4:13 PM
I personally like the majority of the players on the team. I feel that the problem we have as fans is that we expect them to play a role that they are not suited for and unfortunately, the contracts that are tied up on some of these players, are hindering are ability to make the moves needed to move forward right now.

KP-is a keeper but he is proving NOT to be the "alpha" player we need him to be.
THjr- Like the player, hate the contract
Lee - I'm just a fan of his play. I think he has really stepped it up this year and would be a great 4th option/off the bench player with a more developed team. Plus insurance so when THjr gets hurt every 10th game.
McDermott - A good 3pt threat to have off the bench.
KOQ - plays the 4 and 5 very well off the bench, in short spurts.

...and of course Frank. We drafted him might as well hold on for a bit and see what we got.

Need to see more of Burke. I don't consider him to be a true "pass-first" PG and would to see if his game has evolved to a play maker.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2018  4:14 PM
At least we have a core to start something.
while I can poke fun at the start of a new thread for your negative synapse there is room for a pity party here.
BUt......At least we have a unicorn. Say what you want about him not being all there yet, he is 22 and an allstar. Not many of those growing on trees.
Luck? LA and philly took Okafor and Russell and left us GodZingis.
when I look at other teams below us in the standings. We are fortunate.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/26/2018  4:41 PM
Nalod wrote:At least we have a core to start something.
while I can poke fun at the start of a new thread for your negative synapse there is room for a pity party here.
BUt......At least we have a unicorn. Say what you want about him not being all there yet, he is 22 and an allstar. Not many of those growing on trees.
Luck? LA and philly took Okafor and Russell and left us GodZingis.
when I look at other teams below us in the standings. We are fortunate.

Honestly, I think most people knew this roster was going to have problems entering this season. But this team has competed and has exceeded, at least mine, expectations. You're right that we're ahead of the game with KP. But the truth of the matter is that everyone is tradable. The Warriors are probably the only team in the league that's not hard pressed to make a move. Even the Rockets are wondering to themselves if they have enough. We're in the middle of process and we're going to need luck.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2018  7:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:truly--we almost have to remake this whole team--Not saying many nba teams dont--but great nba teams are usually set through a tight 8.

Right now Id say

KP THJ with two projects Dotson and Frank--thats the Knicks. Should I throw in Troy Burke-but role players these 3.

A lot of the good play this season came from Lee Oquinn Kanter Beasley who are probably not Knicks next year--Im not sure Kanter is the fit here-so its like who cares?

Ill give Mills credit on THJ--that was a speculative move at 17mm. Now we need to keep him healthy and make sure he takes good shots.

I'm pretty much in line with the thought that KP, THJr, Frank and Dotson are the only long term guys with Dotson on the outsdie edge. I see THJr as a 6th man type on a deep playoff team unless his defense and court awareness get much better.

So mostly just KP and Frank as starters and Knicks still need 3 guys for starting lineup and a bench.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/26/2018  8:17 PM
I think Perry and Mills are quite aware that they need more long terms solutions. This is just the start of their tenure and this season has played out about how one would expect. The good thing is that many of the older players actually played well enough to be good trade pieces. That's the best thing we could've hoped for under the circumstances. Can't trade bums or guys that aren't getting it done. Guys like KOQ, CLee and Kanter have played well. Now let's see if we can get something for any of them.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/26/2018  8:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:truly--we almost have to remake this whole team--Not saying many nba teams dont--but great nba teams are usually set through a tight 8.

Right now Id say

But if we add Isaiah Thomas, does that change any of your thinking?

Suddenly your disposable trash becomes role players that might be keepers.

I agree with you, you strip the team down like that- there aren't many keepers.

Shit, is KP really a keeper? Bad habits, gets hurt a lot, can't play a full season, his performance drops.

And Frank? Great defense, but he can disappear on offense faster than you can say Mona Lisa.

Personally, I like the group we have, and if we had 1 more legit impact star to balance things out, I think we are right there as far as the playoffs go.

And then organic development, and if KP can become something, and Frank can become something- we're there.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/26/2018  9:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2018  10:18 PM
I love alot of our players... we need to keep some of them, but not everyone is a lock to stay.

Now I like Lee, but he's not a starter. He's a top reserve though. The perfect role for him is the back up 2 or the first guard off the bench. I like Dotson better for that role. He's a better rebounder and a stronger defender potentially. I'm hoping the kid is ready next year for that role. Lee is 32... the math says he's outta here soon. Not just on the Knicks but in the nba period. No knock but we can't expect him to do anything for us at 34.

I don't care about any of our centers but KOQ... his energy and his whole thing is what we want to be as a team. He's going to defend the post, he's going to hurt people. He's going to shoot and pass. You can't punk him. Willy is a bitch. He played well the last 2 Games I can't front... but I don't care. He's a sucker. He needs to go. Noah is a disappointment. I still believe he can play. He's in the same boat as Lee. We can't expect much of him at his age. His contract will be important down the line. We might actually need him on the court too.

Beasley is 29. He finally woke up. We need him the next 3 years. I think he could help us. I feel we're very close. Beas could be a big part of the beginning of that and he really is right now.

I don't believe in Frank. I understand he's 19, but yo he needs some seasoning. He's a g league candidate. He doesn't know when to shoot. He has an understanding of running a team but he has no maturity when it comes to being in charge and picking spots. He will but I'm not sure he's going to be that good. Fans of him agree too cuz they always say "he's not going have big stats"... fam that means he sucks. It is what it is.

I am in love with Burke. I'm excited to see how his chapter continues.

We need a vet at small fwd. Like we need to sign or trade for an established player.

Kanter could go... I love him though. I see him as a great way to get a small fwd cuz of his contract. Sucks but it's about the Knicks.

I believe we are so close to getting a good playoff team ready to bang for a title. It's not going to be no long process. We're just the perfect storm away and I think we are close to that falling into place

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/26/2018  10:03 PM
Zero. Promising players yes - but not keepers yet, not in a franchise building sense.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/26/2018  10:32 PM

Right now Id say

Your right years of trading away picks have left this roster with very little. Not only that but we are capped out

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/26/2018  10:59 PM
I wish I could see more of Dotson as I could make a better assessment. I think Noah stays and plays 20-25!next year as 2/3 of Kanter/Willy/KOQ will be gone. I say Draft a big W Carter works. Burke? Give it 10!Games to see how badly he gets used. Trading baskets shouldn’t be encouraged.

KP/Wily/Noah (due to contract) Frank (unless part of a package)Beasley,THJr, ... think that’s it. However :

Trade Frank/Kanter and McBuckets to Milwaukee for Dellavedova- Brogden and Middleton. If we need to add a 2 nd rounder do so as this adds youth and 2 starters. Don’t discount Delly as he can play D and physical play and knowledgeable vet. Lee, KOQ, and Thomas are bait.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/27/2018  8:30 AM
A tight 8. If only. Frankly, as much as I want to believe that Frank will be, there are days that I wonder. His development, whether in the G league or elsewhere, is critical. Is Wily part of it? Or Baker? The former yes if he’s not moved, but Baker has been a thud.
As much as they are professionals, this is the time to move Lee, KOQ and Thomas if possible. Picks or repositioning
Our draft choices would be great and some cap relief.

Thus it leaves us with two starters in KP and THJr and Beas and Burke and Dotson who may all be rotation.

Kanter is now THE issue. $18.6 mm is a lot to Carry when you’ve Noah and Tim on the payroll. This team must improve defensively to ever have an opportunity to go deeper in the playoffs and we require athleticism ... so trade Kanter and Draft a athletic defensive oriented 5. (Think Noah when he was DPy and what a difference that would be.). Package Kanter with ANYONE except KP and THJr, and secure a starter (Think KCP,Brogden, Middleton,or the PF from the Lakers, a bona fide two way starter that is young)and compliments KP and THJr). If Frank is part of this is unfortunate but we need to improve next year and to tighten our 8.
Don’t grab a SF just to grab one. The choices other than Middleton are lackluster.

Jmpasq

1/27/2018  8:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2018  8:45 AM
Paris907 wrote:A tight 8. If only. Frankly, as much as I want to believe that Frank will be, there are days that I wonder. His development, whether in the G league or elsewhere, is critical. Is Wily part of it? Or Baker? The former yes if he’s not moved, but Baker has been a thud.
As much as they are professionals, this is the time to move Lee, KOQ and Thomas if possible. Picks or repositioning
Our draft choices would be great and some cap relief.

Thus it leaves us with two starters in KP and THJr and Beas and Burke and Dotson who may all be rotation.

Kanter is now THE issue. $18.6 mm is a lot to Carry when you’ve Noah and Tim on the payroll. This team must improve defensively to ever have an opportunity to go deeper in the playoffs and we require athleticism ... so trade Kanter and Draft a athletic defensive oriented 5. (Think Noah when he was DPy and what a difference that would be.). Package Kanter with ANYONE except KP and THJr, and secure a starter (Think KCP,Brogden, Middleton,or the PF from the Lakers, a bona fide two way starter that is young)and compliments KP and THJr). If Frank is part of this is unfortunate but we need to improve next year and to tighten our 8.
Don’t grab a SF just to grab one. The choices other than Middleton are lackluster.

8? We have 3 guys Kp, Hardaway and Frank. Frank is even iffy. All the scouts that convinced the organization to take Frank over Mitchell should be showed the door.Lots of homers here think this is a long term project building this team, unfortunately our time has basically run out since it's already time to max out KP. Our long-term plan is to hope we land superstars through the draft in the 10-18 range for the entire KP era. We missed on Mitchell hopefully next time we make the right choice

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/27/2018  12:09 PM
This is why I'm so keen on tanking this season- we desperately need another stud to add to our core- KP, Frank, Tim Jr, Dotson just aren't enough to build round. Our role players are fine and can be traded for other role players, but unless we have another stud or two it's a pointless endeavour
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2018  3:17 PM
martin wrote:

Right now Id say

I'm pretty much in line with the thought that KP, THJr, Frank and Dotson are the only long term guys with Dotson on the outsdie edge. I see THJr as a 6th man type on a deep playoff team unless his defense and court awareness get much better.

So mostly just KP and Frank as starters and Knicks still need 3 guys for starting lineup and a bench.

THjr would be our Iggy type. Starterish minutes, 6th man
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Jmpasq

1/27/2018  6:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:This is why I'm so keen on tanking this season- we desperately need another stud to add to our core- KP, Frank, Tim Jr, Dotson just aren't enough to build round. Our role players are fine and can be traded for other role players, but unless we have another stud or two it's a pointless endeavour

Yep I don't see another way it would be different if we didn't have these bad contracts

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/27/2018  10:38 PM
Can we ****ing stop about Dotson already? Jesus, every year there's a guy on the roster that logs five minutes that everyone is infatuated about and is "the future" if only the "stupid coach" gave him more minutes. What battered housewives you all are. "Yeah, but this time it's different!"
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/27/2018  10:40 PM
What's so bloody special about Dotson?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2018  11:25 PM
martin wrote:

Right now Id say

I disagree about Tim. I hated the pick when he was drafted. The Knicks had Shump and JR. I really wanted Gobert but the front office thought the team was set with Flu playing the 5. I also hated Tim because he had just eliminated Cuse from the tournament before the draft and I can't stand his dad. But Tim after two years with the Hawks he has been awesome. Not sure that Frank is going to be an nba starter but if he is for the Knicks I think he will benefit from playing with a two guard that is aggressive, can create his own offense and attacks the basket. In my opinion, some of Frank's offensive deficits are less noticeable when he is playing with Tim.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2018  11:25 PM
martin wrote:

Right now Id say

I disagree about Tim. I hated the pick when he was drafted. The Knicks had Shump and JR. I really wanted Gobert but the front office thought the team was set with Flu playing the 5. I also hated Tim because he had just eliminated Cuse from the tournament before the draft and I can't stand his dad. But Tim after two years with the Hawks he has been awesome. Not sure that Frank is going to be an nba starter but if he is for the Knicks I think he will benefit from playing with a two guard that is aggressive, can create his own offense and attacks the basket. In my opinion, some of Frank's offensive deficits are less noticeable when he is playing with Tim.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
How many keepers on this team?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy