[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

how about Harkless and a pick from Portland
Author Thread
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
1/26/2018  2:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:...and this is why Fishmike doesn't work for ANY sports organization.
put down the douche and tonic and read the premise of the thread. Its a "what do you think" and I said I didnt like the deal for the Knicks.

Here is what I think...This is one of the worse fan trades I have ever seen on a message board. You even admit in the same post that we can possibly get a better deal for that package somewhere else, lol.

You are essentially giving up THREE quality NBA role players for a mid-level first rd pick!! Lee, KOQ and McDermott are the players the Knicks should be trying to hold on to and you want to package them ALL TOGETHER for ONE mid-level first round pick in what appears to be a very WEAK upcoming draft.

Good on you for proposing it and starting a convo but this is a pretty bad trade for the Knicks.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/26/2018  2:48 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:...and this is why Fishmike doesn't work for ANY sports organization.
put down the douche and tonic and read the premise of the thread. Its a "what do you think" and I said I didnt like the deal for the Knicks.

Here is what I think...This is one of the worse fan trades I have ever seen on a message board. You even admit in the same post that we can possibly get a better deal for that package somewhere else, lol.

You are essentially giving up THREE quality NBA role players for a mid-level first rd pick!! Lee, KOQ and McDermott are the players the Knicks should be trying to hold on to and you want to package them ALL TOGETHER for ONE mid-level first round pick in what appears to be a very WEAK upcoming draft.

Good on you for proposing it and starting a convo but this is a pretty bad trade for the Knicks.

well thats the point man... I like Harkless and the pick helps but you must admit... how people value Knick players on this board varies wildly.

I posted it trying to come up with trades the Knicks could make that would help other teams. Most proposals are 1 sided helping only us. Im posting this from reverse... If I am Portland what would I propose to the Knicks? and I think something like this is a reasonable offer from them. For us? I think we can do better. How much better? Its possible a deal like this is the best thing on the table we will get. That is NOT me endorsing it, just speculating.

Then during the draft Briggs will have a list of 40 player in the draft better than KOQ/LEE and McD and remind us how his prospects are better than guys like Lee making $11mm in the NBA and how if we had that Portland pick he would have 1 of 7 guys with franchise talent and chiseled greasy man bodies ready to step in make every little thing allllll right. This will carry on for 5 weeks, consisting of 3-5 new threads a week directly addressing this supplemented by 2 additional threads that appear to be different subjects but are more of the same.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/26/2018  3:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

well thats the point man... I like Harkless and the pick helps but you must admit... how people value Knick players on this board varies wildly.

I posted it trying to come up with trades the Knicks could make that would help other teams. Most proposals are 1 sided helping only us. Im posting this from reverse... If I am Portland what would I propose to the Knicks? and I think something like this is a reasonable offer from them. For us? I think we can do better. How much better? Its possible a deal like this is the best thing on the table we will get. That is NOT me endorsing it, just speculating.

Then during the draft Briggs will have a list of 40 player in the draft better than KOQ/LEE and McD and remind us how his prospects are better than guys like Lee making $11mm in the NBA and how if we had that Portland pick he would have 1 of 7 guys with franchise talent and chiseled greasy man bodies ready to step in make every little thing allllll right. This will carry on for 5 weeks, consisting of 3-5 new threads a week directly addressing this supplemented by 2 additional threads that appear to be different subjects but are more of the same.

Can't argue with anything you wrote there...Especially about Briggs, lol.

Maybe I am overvaluing these three just a tad bit but I think the Knicks can receive more if they spread them out. The Thunder, IMO, are in desperate need of a back C/PF. I think KOQ can do wonders there and maybe fetch one of their SF Abrines/Huestis AND a pick.

Portland does need another two guard to back up McCollum, so a trade with them does seem realistic. Harkless seems to be in the doghouse so Lee for Harkless and a draft pick seems reasonable considering Harkless contract.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/26/2018  5:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Let me see -- you called me an idiot for saying let's get rid of cap space and get a 40 game look at a top 10 player in the nba last year. No downside with cap savings

On the other hand you want to pay heavily for Stan Johnson who has played well enough to warrant a ticket to the G league and now you make threads why we should take on heavy heavy cap considerations for absolute sht players for what a 23 pick in the draft?

I've identified some of the highest risers in the draft well before even mock draft sites who do it for a living did? You. Ah nada

Go back and check yourself!

Man dude - your head is so far up your sorry a** that you can't even see what a joke 95% of your posts are. Sorry but true.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/26/2018  7:10 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I think OKC is a similar type partner for LEE/KOQ --- with guys like Ferguson/Heustis/Abrines/Grant potentially coming back as a return package

OKC has dropped Abrines minutes possibly indicating willingness to move him. Don't think they give up on the rest mentioned as they have been a big part of the improvement in the bench recently that was lacking at the beginning of the year.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/26/2018  7:11 PM
fishmike wrote:Meyers Leonard
Harkless
2018 first rounder

for

KOQ
McD
Lee

Portlland really improves. Lee is quality off the bench. McD gives them another spacer and KOQ gives them size, some rim protection and is a ball mover. Really upgrades them. Knicks do it for the extra #1 in this draft. I do like this better for Portland than NY and we should be able to get better than a salary dump Hakless and a mid-late #1 for that package but I do think this is feasable as well.

Think Portland has their eyes set on Deandre Jordan?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/26/2018  7:34 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:Meyers Leonard
Harkless
2018 first rounder

for

KOQ
McD
Lee

Portlland really improves. Lee is quality off the bench. McD gives them another spacer and KOQ gives them size, some rim protection and is a ball mover. Really upgrades them. Knicks do it for the extra #1 in this draft. I do like this better for Portland than NY and we should be able to get better than a salary dump Hakless and a mid-late #1 for that package but I do think this is feasable as well.

Think Portland has their eyes set on Deandre Jordan?

I think a few do.. at what cost? Many teams will be looking to pry him. Cant say if bidding war is right but I would think a few teams would pounce on him. He's prob the leagues best garbage player. You can play him with 4 guards on the floor and he'll give you 20 boards and 3 blocks.
Its very interesting. Jordan will be really costly IMO. The secondary market for KOQ should be pretty good... but we have thought "should" many times in Knick land!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/28/2018  9:41 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Can't argue with anything you wrote there...Especially about Briggs, lol.

Maybe I am overvaluing these three just a tad bit but I think the Knicks can receive more if they spread them out. The Thunder, IMO, are in desperate need of a back C/PF. I think KOQ can do wonders there and maybe fetch one of their SF Abrines/Huestis AND a pick.

Portland does need another two guard to back up McCollum, so a trade with them does seem realistic. Harkless seems to be in the doghouse so Lee for Harkless and a draft pick seems reasonable considering Harkless contract.

Lee for Harkless and a second round pick is fair. I doubt they give up a first round pick but it does not hurt to try. Now way you include KOQ and McDermot. I think KOQ will get us a 1st round pick on his own.

Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/28/2018  12:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Let me see -- you called me an idiot for saying let's get rid of cap space and get a 40 game look at a top 10 player in the nba last year. No downside with cap savings

On the other hand you want to pay heavily for Stan Johnson who has played well enough to warrant a ticket to the G league and now you make threads why we should take on heavy heavy cap considerations for absolute sht players for what a 23 pick in the draft?

Go back and check yourself! I've identified some of the highest risers in the draft well before even mock draft sites who do it for a living did? You. Ah nada

The highlighted might be the most telling Briggarian post ever. His game is to out mock the mock while not seeing he is being mocked!
He posts guys using others videos of those guys. When you do that Briggs, that means someone beat you to it.
Even so, whats the point? Mocks are just conversations.
Mocks don't have accountability.

how about Harkless and a pick from Portland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy