CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/29/2018  5:21 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

It's a shame that Noah just can't be a good vet and accept his role. He is a solid 3rd string center. He would have the same role with most teams. He is a tough player to play in the new NBA. Most backup centers who can't score just no longer have a place in the league today.

After he embarrassed himself with the roids last season he should be staying as humble as possible.

Buying him out would open a roster spot for Christian Woods. Quick question though. Would Knicks be able to stretch out a bought out contract?

I agree to some extent but I also think there was no reason to pull him out during the warriors game after 4 minutes. He was playing well and with a ton of energy. He also played well and with a ton of energy the previous time he got on the court. He certainly was showing a lot more fire then Willy. If he has been working harder then every other center in practice at some point he is going to react to it not translating to any playing time even in blowouts.. Too bad it happened.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/29/2018  7:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  7:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

It's a shame that Noah just can't be a good vet and accept his role. He is a solid 3rd string center. He would have the same role with most teams. He is a tough player to play in the new NBA. Most backup centers who can't score just no longer have a place in the league today.

After he embarrassed himself with the roids last season he should be staying as humble as possible.

Buying him out would open a roster spot for Christian Woods. Quick question though. Would Knicks be able to stretch out a bought out contract?

I agree to some extent but I also think there was no reason to pull him out during the warriors game after 4 minutes. He was playing well and with a ton of energy. He also played well and with a ton of energy the previous time he got on the court. He certainly was showing a lot more fire then Willy. If he has been working harder then every other center in practice at some point he is going to react to it not translating to any playing time even in blowouts.. Too bad it happened.
It's easy to out work the others centers in practice when they're playing actual games and you're
not. You think Kanter or KOQ nursing a bunch of injuries are concerned about out working Noah in practice?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/29/2018  8:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

The thing is Noah probably somehow thinks he's the one being hard done by here. He signed a £72mil contract, couldn't stay healthy, then took banned substances and got himself suspended. Yet he thinks he's the victim in all this.

I completely agree. These things really put him at a major disadvantage and he needs to take responsibility for that. His expectation was if he plays nice for a little bit he would get his chance, and now that he realizes he might not, he is blowing up about it. He has no one to blame but himself.

You guys think Noah playing the victim or just wants a chance to play? Dude may be beating out Kanter and/or KOQ in practice and just wants minutes.

I hate to give him the benefit of the doubt. He certainly hasnt earned it. Early in the year Jeff sounded shocked by the shape he was in. Then Kanter comes in the rest is history. Man if your right Martin Noah's gotta stay cool and shut his trap and wait for his time.

Well find out in the next couple weeks for sure

When the team was winning, he did, and he was the most expensive cheerleader, but when the losses start to mount, and you see the defensive lapses/effort that kanter and willy (who's brutal defensively) continue to have..SMH...

If anything, he's the one you should be showcasing if he's healthy and playing solid, how is suppose to have any value if the last time most of the world saw him play real minutes, he pretty much sucked.

ES
knicks1248
1/29/2018  8:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Both KP and KOQ were both out and he got token minutes..It's definitely looking personal now like the Marbury and MDA feud. This is bad for JH because noah has always been a team first guy, and JH has had issues with his own players on how he uses them..REMEMBER

With 9:47 to play and Denver leading 84-75, Morris was taken out of the game and he threw the towel while barking at Hornacek. Hornacek picked up the towel and threw it back Morris’ way with his own upset words for him.
“He’s mad about not playing,
” Hornacek said. “I look at the stat sheet. He’s a minus-13 in 12 minutes. So there, I took him out. … He thinks he’s better than that. Show me.”

The players effort on this team has definitely gone down since November and early december

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/31/2018  10:11 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Both KP and KOQ were both out and he got token minutes..It's definitely looking personal now like the Marbury and MDA feud. This is bad for JH because noah has always been a team first guy, and JH has had issues with his own players on how he uses them..REMEMBER

With 9:47 to play and Denver leading 84-75, Morris was taken out of the game and he threw the towel while barking at Hornacek. Hornacek picked up the towel and threw it back Morris’ way with his own upset words for him.
” Hornacek said. “I look at the stat sheet. He’s a minus-13 in 12 minutes. So there, I took him out. … He thinks he’s better than that. Show me.”

The players effort on this team has definitely gone down since November and early december

What else? They traded one of the twins when they said they wouldn't. That was not Coach's problem.
Throw a towel at the coach? Out of line.
This is not the suns, and Joakim's last name is not Morris. We know you don't like coach, but this is a totally different situation.
Team not playing harder? What, since most games went on the road? Timmy was out? NBA got to adjust on knicks play?
You really want another coach? I can't say Jeff is the one to lead us to the promise land but we are not even at that point.
You want to play the blame game? Have fun.

MS
Member: #724
1/31/2018  10:35 AM
His rotations have certainly been questionable.

If you can find minutes for Baker, you certainly can find 10 energy minutes a night for Noah to set some screens. Especially if you’re not going to play Willy.

I wonder if it makes sense to call the Kings and see if they would take Willy and Noah for Hill. One year less on his contract and we need a stable point guard for next season. Free agents don’t come to the Knicks and Frank isn’t ready.

knicks1248
1/31/2018  10:58 AM
MS wrote:His rotations have certainly been questionable.

If you can find minutes for Baker, you certainly can find 10 energy minutes a night for Noah to set some screens. Especially if you’re not going to play Willy.

I wonder if it makes sense to call the Kings and see if they would take Willy and Noah for Hill. One year less on his contract and we need a stable point guard for next season. Free agents don’t come to the Knicks and Frank isn’t ready.

No team has any reason to take on noah's contract and production unless it involves a 1st rnd pick. That the going rate. I would sacrifice that first rounder is he gets rid of noah and brings back a athletic wing, or a pg like Hill.

If im a betting man, i would think the Perry/mills have already explored those options and still can't find any takers.

ES
knicks1248
1/31/2018  11:07 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

What else? They traded one of the twins when they said they wouldn't. That was not Coach's problem.
This is not the suns, and Joakim's last name is not Morris. We know you don't like coach, but this is a totally different situation.
Team not playing harder? What, since most games went on the road? Timmy was out? NBA got to adjust on knicks play?
You really want another coach? I can't say Jeff is the one to lead us to the promise land but we are not even at that point.

What the hell does any of that have to do with active players playing hard and smart. So because timmy is out everyone should relax on defense or throw lazy passes, or lose focus. NBA adjust, then you adjust.

A coaching staffs main purpose is to prepare a team and get them to play hard every night. So if you have a couple guys not playing hard or not playing smart consistently, what do you expect noah to do, clap like seal..lol

ES
TLover
Member: #381
USA
1/31/2018  11:32 AM
Another possible trade is to Minnesota involving Gorgei Deng who has a similar contract but one year longer than Noah. He’s 28 and can play the 4. I would even take back Alrich for O’quinn to make that deal work. We don’t need a negative influence like Noah on the team.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/31/2018  2:27 PM
Dieng can play. This would be a great move for NY. He is young and other teams would trade for him if it doesn't work out. It would allow to trade KOQ and WIlly too.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/31/2018  2:47 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Dieng can play. This would be a great move for NY. He is young and other teams would trade for him if it doesn't work out. It would allow to trade KOQ and WIlly too.

He can play which is why Minny can probably get better than just a yr shorter with Noahs contract imo. That would be a good deal for us though as I feel Dieng could even take Kanter spot in the starting lineup. Don't know why they didn't deal him after they drafted Towns and got value for him.

Good move for Wolves and Portland would be Deing for Leonard and say Aminu or Harkless.

Leonard is a better fit as a backup to Towns with Gibson. And if not, only makes 10mil compared to Diengs 18. Aminu not Harkless would be upgrade forward stop gaps. Dieng would be a good big man for Portland.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/31/2018  3:18 PM
MS wrote:-snip-

This is actually a thought-provoking idea. The trade works player for player and the only logic to it is Sacto wants to lose Hill, NY wants to lose Noah. Sacto gains cap space and $7M-ish savings over the life of the contract. Hard to know if that's enough.

What's intriguing is that adding Hill would make Jack VERY expendable. Maybe packaging Jack instead of Willie in with Noah is desirable for the Kings just to steady their youth corp at PG.

Acquiring Hill may make the difference between playoffs or also-rans.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/31/2018  3:55 PM

Were not allowed to do any trades with the kings for a year/season - part of the rules for us signing Mills away from them

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2018  4:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Were not allowed to do any trades with the kings for a year/season - part of the rules for us signing Mills away from them

I've never heard of that rule or it ever mentioned

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/31/2018  4:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

What the hell does any of that have to do with active players playing hard and smart. So because timmy is out everyone should relax on defense or throw lazy passes, or lose focus. NBA adjust, then you adjust.

A coaching staffs main purpose is to prepare a team and get them to play hard every night. So if you have a couple guys not playing hard or not playing smart consistently, what do you expect noah to do, clap like seal..lol

I remember that HOF coach Larry Brown saying years ago that professional players don't get coached to play hard every nite. Its their job. They are "Professioal".
You may think a pro coaching staff should yell, scream, produce 80 motivational speech's? Now I dont' know why Noah is not playing other than the obvious and the Kanter trade threw the roster out of balance but if a player is not playing hard, they are not doing their job. They sit.
So in Nalods mind its Larry Brown vs. Knicks1248. Larry might be a lunatic but the man could coach.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/31/2018  4:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2018  4:19 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I've never heard of that rule or it ever mentioned

Neither had I until we landed Mills - there was an article at the time, I remember because it put an end to my hopes of us landing WCS. I think the idea behind it is to stop insider dealings and other such shenanigans.

Edit- sorry I meant Perry not Mills!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/31/2018  4:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

No team has any reason to take on noah's contract and production unless it involves a 1st rnd pick. That the going rate. I would sacrifice that first rounder is he gets rid of noah and brings back a athletic wing, or a pg like Hill.

If im a betting man, i would think the Perry/mills have already explored those options and still can't find any takers.

I would imagine Noah needing a lot more than 10 minutes a game to show any other GM in the league that he's worth swallowing that contract, given his recent health history and missing games for other reasons.

And is anyone in the league actually going to give us a warm PG who's any better than Jack and Frankie at this point by throwing in the -60 WillyG compiled last season?

Kanter's playing his azz off and is a defensive liability. Noah's an offensive liability who hasn't been able to keep himself healthy. The team and Horny have moved on.

I don't see any other realistic answer than buying Noah out. Would that be another kinda sorta tweak at Phil?

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/31/2018  4:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2018  4:50 PM
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I would imagine Noah needing a lot more than 10 minutes a game to show any other GM in the league that he's worth swallowing that contract, given his recent health history and missing games for other reasons.

And is anyone in the league actually going to give us a warm PG who's any better than Jack and Frankie at this point by throwing in the -60 WillyG compiled last season?

Kanter's playing his azz off and is a defensive liability. Noah's an offensive liability who hasn't been able to keep himself healthy. The team and Horny have moved on.

I don't see any other realistic answer than buying Noah out. Would that be another kinda sorta tweak at Phil?

Why do people keep saying Kanter is a defensive liability? He has greatly improved in that department. He may not be elite but he is far from a liability now. Willy is a liability.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/31/2018  5:06 PM
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Would he still be taking a roster spot if we banished him to the G league for the rest of his contract?

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

1/31/2018  9:08 PM
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

So tired of players want the full amount of a contract paid off when they've done NOTHING

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Is Noah Buyout Coming???....speculation only

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy