[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Noah Buyout Coming???....speculation only
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

1/26/2018  12:07 AM
VCoug wrote:There's no reason to buy him out at all right now. This offseason, if we need the cap space because a true superstar wants to join the team, we would waive and stretch him then. If he's disgruntled and causing a problem on the team he can go on the inactive list and stay home.

So prolong the inevitable

AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/26/2018  9:43 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
VCoug wrote:There's no reason to buy him out at all right now. This offseason, if we need the cap space because a true superstar wants to join the team, we would waive and stretch him then. If he's disgruntled and causing a problem on the team he can go on the inactive list and stay home.

So prolong the inevitable

No, save our future cap space and keep a potentially nice trade chip when he hits the last year of his contract.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/29/2018  12:23 PM
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/29/2018  12:41 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

It's a shame that Noah just can't be a good vet and accept his role. He is a solid 3rd string center. He would have the same role with most teams. He is a tough player to play in the new NBA. Most backup centers who can't score just no longer have a place in the league today.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/29/2018  12:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

It's a shame that Noah just can't be a good vet and accept his role. He is a solid 3rd string center. He would have the same role with most teams. He is a tough player to play in the new NBA. Most backup centers who can't score just no longer have a place in the league today.

After he embarrassed himself with the roids last season he should be staying as humble as possible.

Buying him out would open a roster spot for Christian Woods. Quick question though. Would Knicks be able to stretch out a bought out contract?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/29/2018  12:52 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

They have been exploring ways to get rid of him 3 months after they signed him.

I recall JH having the same cummication issues in phoenix,and didn't he have the same outburst with melo last season during a nets game. How can you pull a player out of the game in a blowout, he's been a good soldier all season long accepting his reduce role.

This is not a good look.

ES
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/29/2018  12:53 PM
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

I was giving him nothing's but the benefit of the doubt. Ok sure he was shouting during the game, but he's a competitive guy unhappy with a play or two. And working in HR I'm conditioned to never question a personal leave of absence.

If it's true, very disappointed...held him to a higher standard because I thought he was clearly one of our leaders, guy who will do anything for the benefit of the team. I get he wants to play...but don't be the circus in an otherwise drama-free year.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/29/2018  1:34 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

The thing is Noah probably somehow thinks he's the one being hard done by here. He signed a £72mil contract, couldn't stay healthy, then took banned substances and got himself suspended. Yet he thinks he's the victim in all this.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/29/2018  1:36 PM
I definitely don't want to stretch him- it's too big a cap hit for too long. I'm not a fan of buying players out either. I'd rather trade him to the Lakers for Deng (who the Lakers will buy out at the deadline anyways)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/29/2018  1:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

The thing is Noah probably somehow thinks he's the one being hard done by here. He signed a £72mil contract, couldn't stay healthy, then took banned substances and got himself suspended. Yet he thinks he's the victim in all this.

I completely agree. These things really put him at a major disadvantage and he needs to take responsibility for that. His expectation was if he plays nice for a little bit he would get his chance, and now that he realizes he might not, he is blowing up about it. He has no one to blame but himself.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/29/2018  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  3:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

They have been exploring ways to get rid of him 3 months after they signed him.

I recall JH having the same cummication issues in phoenix,and didn't he have the same outburst with melo last season during a nets game. How can you pull a player out of the game in a blowout, he's been a good soldier all season long accepting his reduce role.

This is not a good look.

Your prism to take a side to satisfy your dislike for Coach.
If not for the money, does he deserve to play ahead of the others?
If he wants out, he can discuss a discount.
I like Noah but he sort of defrauded the knicks. It’s on both parties so I’m not doing the “Blame game” but If Noah was the best option he’d play. Coach’s like to win.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/29/2018  2:25 PM
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

I completely agree. These things really put him at a major disadvantage and he needs to take responsibility for that. His expectation was if he plays nice for a little bit he would get his chance, and now that he realizes he might not, he is blowing up about it. He has no one to blame but himself.

You guys think Noah playing the victim or just wants a chance to play? Dude may be beating out Kanter and/or KOQ in practice and just wants minutes.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/29/2018  2:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  2:52 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

After he embarrassed himself with the roids last season he should be staying as humble as possible.

Buying him out would open a roster spot for Christian Woods. Quick question though. Would Knicks be able to stretch out a bought out contract?

That's how I feel. Noah basically sold himself to the Knicks and got a deal almost everybody thought was a huge mistake from day one. I admit I wasn't one of them, but I was clearly wrong. He was coming off of a bad season in Chicago, was having a bad season here last year until he had to shut it down, then gets suspended for PEDs. And he has the nerve to be upset about playing time? If he is so competitive he should just retire and stop embarrassing himself and the organization he's stealing money from.

I supported Noah when he first arrived but I'm done with him now.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/29/2018  3:06 PM
Welpee wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

That's how I feel. Noah basically sold himself to the Knicks and got a deal almost everybody thought was a huge mistake from day one. I admit I wasn't one of them, but I was clearly wrong. He was coming off of a bad season in Chicago, was having a bad season here last year until he had to shut it down, then gets suspended for PEDs. And he has the nerve to be upset about playing time? If he is so competitive he should just retire and stop embarrassing himself and the organization he's stealing money from.

I don't think you get it,how do you let other players play through their mistakes and yank home in a game that was pure garbage time, Thats a total disrespect to a 10 yr vet who has done everything you have asked if him. Not to mention that he's playing behind guys he's way better than

ES
dwiley20
Member: #5755

1/29/2018  3:13 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:I read in another post that during the GS game that Noah was yanked after a couple of mins and on the way to the bench was seen yelling at coaches.

And now this...

If you was watching thee game you could see him sit down then bend forward screaming at Hornecek. to me it seems like he played 2 minutes n then was snatched out the game. He needs to be playing
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/29/2018  3:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

I don't think you get it,how do you let other players play through their mistakes and yank home in a game that was pure garbage time, Thats a total disrespect to a 10 yr vet who has done everything you have asked if him. Not to mention that he's playing behind guys he's way better than

He chose to come into last season out of shape. He also chose to do roids. All after freshly signing a 4 yr 72mil contract that he should be thankful to have gotten. Seems more like he has been the one doing the disrespecting.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/29/2018  3:39 PM
Noah can choose money, or freedom.
Knicks will honor his contract. they have to.
He can honor by doing what is asked. Does he want to play, Im sure he does.
Does he have a right to be mad? He does. Is he correct? Subjective.
The blame game is an old one.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/29/2018  4:39 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

You guys think Noah playing the victim or just wants a chance to play? Dude may be beating out Kanter and/or KOQ in practice and just wants minutes.

I hate to give him the benefit of the doubt. He certainly hasnt earned it. Early in the year Jeff sounded shocked by the shape he was in. Then Kanter comes in the rest is history. Man if your right Martin Noah's gotta stay cool and shut his trap and wait for his time.

Well find out in the next couple weeks for sure

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/29/2018  4:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  5:15 PM
Hear their is a glue farm in Montana that might be interested in Noah. Maybe his buddy Phil can come in and push the bidding up?

Until we see what happens at trade deadline, no reason to do anything. If we can trade Kanter and KO than we will need him to contribute. I am sure we can can get him to over achieve and get his production up to $1 Million per made field goal by years end. If not, I am sure we have some on here that will still emphasize his BBall IQ and good team defense. Its crazy, he is making close to $18 Million this year and has 4 made baskets. I say we shelve him until he agrees to a favorable buy out.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/29/2018  5:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2018  5:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

He really did everything we asked? Did we ask him to become a 44% free throw shooter? Did we ask him to come to camp out of shape last season? Did we ask him to take PEDs and get suspended? I don't know why JH yanked him out of the game, but that's his decision as a coach. I have to assume Noah showed he wasn't ready to play for JH to immediately pull him like that. JH and the Knicks owe Noah nothing! if anything Noah owes the organization not vice versa.
Is Noah Buyout Coming???....speculation only

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy