[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA Trade Deadline dealing : Knicks Brogden, Dellavado etc
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/25/2018  8:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2018  8:27 PM
If Kanter has to be a part of the team and Kyle O'Quinn becomes the sacrifical lamb, I much rather use O'Quinn as collateral to offload Joakim Noah's contract. I think the Blazers would be an interesting destination depending on how they feel about Jusuf Nurkic's play and his impending free agency. Given their lack of big man talent/depth outside of Nurkic, I think they could reasonably accomodate Noah's presence on the team and would readily welcome O'Quinn as the starting center with some cost-control.

In effect, the deal would essentially be Kyle O'Quinn ($4.1M), Joakim Noah ($17.8M), Doug McDermott ($3.3M), Michael Beasley ($1.5M) and cash for Evan Turner ($17.1M), Noah Vonleh ($3.5M) and Jusuf Nurkic ($2.9M).

The deal doesn't renegotiate our balance sheet long-term but it does convert the $34 million owed to Noah into a productive player at a position of need in Evan Turner. Turner won't set the world on fire but he is a good enough facilitator to help us create/initiate our offense and credibly defend the 3 position as a starter. And like how the Nets did with DeMarre Carroll, I could see him playing himself into an asset as he gets an opportunity to handle the ball and as his contract dwindles toward expiration.

The other elements of the deal are also intriguing for us. There isn't much of a market for centers, especially for those about to hit free agency after a disappointing season, but I think Jusuf Nurkic can be parlayed into an asset. The Bucks desperately need help at the center position, maybe we could trade his $2.9 million for several second round picks or future draft considerations. Whatever the case, the goal would be to get him off the team by season's end so that we only have Kanter and Willy at the 5 spot.

This deal keeps the principals in play but expands the original proposal to have the Blazers offload Meyers Leonard and Shabazz Napier for Matthew Delledova of the Bucks. The Bucks also would get Nurkic as a one year rental for their playoff push, while we instead re-coup a trade exception for the salary. It's a big trade but it makes sense for all three team's books, competition and positional needs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc33zr8g

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/26/2018  6:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2018  7:17 AM
martin wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
martin wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Golden State Warriors Receive: C Kyle O'Quinn

New York Knicks Receive: SG/SF Nick Young, 2018 first-round pick

Atlanta Hawks Receive: PF/C Mirza Teletovic (injured), SG/SF Rashad Vaughn, PF/C D.J. Wilson, 2020 second-round pick (via Milwaukee)

Milwaukee Bucks Receive: SF/PF Michael Beasley, PG Jarrett Jack, C Enes Kanter, SG/SF Marco Belinelli

New York Knicks Receive: PG/SG Malcolm Brogdon, PG/SG Matthew Dellavedova, PF/C Ersan Ilyasova

The KOQ deal is a no brainer if we are looking to move him. Get the late #1 for a guy who isnt in your future plans.
The other deal sucks unless you covet Brogden which I dont. He's wonderful if you drafted him. Im not trading all those guys and taking fodder back just to get Brogden who I then have to resign to a longer deal.

KOQ is a good 2 way player. Why do you think GSW wants him? He SHOULD be in our future plans. The 30th pick isn't good enough compensation.
Bonn... I am OK with resigning him. He's a good 2 way BENCH player who is 28. Is $8 or $10mm a year reasonable to pay KOQ to play 20 minutes a night? Absolutely. Thats a nice role player and we see that here. Does spending that money on a role player make sense at this stage considering where we are in development of this roster? That is the real question.

Do you want to bring KOQ and Beas back? That is going to cost you about $18mm a year (combined). Do you want those two taking up that money or do you want to go after another young guy who might be a starter or more a core guy like they did with THjr?

Bonn.. I dont think there is a clear answer, but you have to acknowledge there needs to be some fluidity with this roster. If the Knicks want to work on clearing down the cap to get flexible, especially before they may have to supermax KP than avoiding paying role players and getting some other young talent in here (pick 30) is a good move, even if in the short term GS gets the better of the deal.

I think $8 mil a year brings KOQ back and that helps much more than getting pick #30. I doubt I'd want Beasley back unless he'd sign for near the vet min. I'm looking at his whole career, not just the last 200 or 300 min stretch.

Think of it differently. KOQ may be a better player than a #30th pick but his salary (along with what is already on the Knicks) will also take you out of the FA market for the duration of his contract (give or take).

Without his contract, you have max room - or near max room - in a year and definitely in 2 if you play your cards right.

So, it's not just KOQ v #30th pick really.

I didn't realize Nick Young had an expiring contract. I doubt any star FA wants to come here though.

I mean, we should just give up total hope now.

I'm just saying don't let a good thing go based on an unrealistic fantasy that a star wants to come to this chronic .400 team. You need to be a good team before even entertaining thoughts of top FAs coming.
We have other players who are more expendable and who getting rid of would clear more space anyway. This is a terrible way of trying to clear cap space.
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
1/26/2018  7:50 AM
NardDogNation wrote:If Kanter has to be a part of the team and Kyle O'Quinn becomes the sacrifical lamb, I much rather use O'Quinn as collateral to offload Joakim Noah's contract. I think the Blazers would be an interesting destination depending on how they feel about Jusuf Nurkic's play and his impending free agency. Given their lack of big man talent/depth outside of Nurkic, I think they could reasonably accomodate Noah's presence on the team and would readily welcome O'Quinn as the starting center with some cost-control.

In effect, the deal would essentially be Kyle O'Quinn ($4.1M), Joakim Noah ($17.8M), Doug McDermott ($3.3M), Michael Beasley ($1.5M) and cash for Evan Turner ($17.1M), Noah Vonleh ($3.5M) and Jusuf Nurkic ($2.9M).

The deal doesn't renegotiate our balance sheet long-term but it does convert the $34 million owed to Noah into a productive player at a position of need in Evan Turner. Turner won't set the world on fire but he is a good enough facilitator to help us create/initiate our offense and credibly defend the 3 position as a starter. And like how the Nets did with DeMarre Carroll, I could see him playing himself into an asset as he gets an opportunity to handle the ball and as his contract dwindles toward expiration.

The other elements of the deal are also intriguing for us. There isn't much of a market for centers, especially for those about to hit free agency after a disappointing season, but I think Jusuf Nurkic can be parlayed into an asset. The Bucks desperately need help at the center position, maybe we could trade his $2.9 million for several second round picks or future draft considerations. Whatever the case, the goal would be to get him off the team by season's end so that we only have Kanter and Willy at the 5 spot.

This deal keeps the principals in play but expands the original proposal to have the Blazers offload Meyers Leonard and Shabazz Napier for Matthew Delledova of the Bucks. The Bucks also would get Nurkic as a one year rental for their playoff push, while we instead re-coup a trade exception for the salary. It's a big trade but it makes sense for all three team's books, competition and positional needs.

As much as I would like to unload Noah, I don’t think the above effort will yield results.

Also, if some combo of KOQ Kanter or Wily are moved, we might need Noah to play 20-25 min per nite next year. I think we may see Knick Mgt Draft a 5. I don’t want Malik/Gilchrist/Harkless/Lamb etc. I want better. I’d like C Middleton from Milwaukee. I proposed Frank/Kanter and McDermott for Middleton, Brogden and Dellevadova, who is costing them $9 per. Then go Draft a 5, trade KOQ as well and keep Wily.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/26/2018  8:47 AM
I wanted to keep Kanter until recently. This team sucks, and Kanter can't even be counted on in the 4th. Either that's a Horny thing or a Kanter thing. I think I'd rather have the picks and possibly a new coach too. I hate this team
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2018  10:08 AM
New picks=new hopes. New disappointments too!!
It’s all part of the game.
That was a **** show last nite in Denver. Willy looked out of place and Frank can’t hit a thing. Frank will have to play thru it. Willy I’m not so sure. Baker won’t shoot now either.
We tanking. Time to pull the plug on the League pass soon. I do monthly. It’s the knick way.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/26/2018  10:35 AM
Paris907 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:If Kanter has to be a part of the team and Kyle O'Quinn becomes the sacrifical lamb, I much rather use O'Quinn as collateral to offload Joakim Noah's contract. I think the Blazers would be an interesting destination depending on how they feel about Jusuf Nurkic's play and his impending free agency. Given their lack of big man talent/depth outside of Nurkic, I think they could reasonably accomodate Noah's presence on the team and would readily welcome O'Quinn as the starting center with some cost-control.

As much as I would like to unload Noah, I don’t think the above effort will yield results.

Also, if some combo of KOQ Kanter or Wily are moved, we might need Noah to play 20-25 min per nite next year. I think we may see Knick Mgt Draft a 5. I don’t want Malik/Gilchrist/Harkless/Lamb etc. I want better. I’d like C Middleton from Milwaukee. I proposed Frank/Kanter and McDermott for Middleton, Brogden and Dellevadova, who is costing them $9 per. Then go Draft a 5, trade KOQ as well and keep Wily.

Centers are a dime-a-dozen, so I wouldn't have reservations about dumping Noah for fear of not having a body for 20-25 minutes a game. Willy and Kanter should suffice, especially when you consider that Kristaps should be logging some time at the position.

What specific concerns do you have about what I proposed.

As for your trade with the Bucks, I doubt they give up Middleton under any circumstance when you consider how difficult finding two-way swingmen are in the league. Kanter has value for them but the league is oversaturatef with talented pivots. They could get Jonas Valencunious (from TOR) right now as a mere salary dump. So why surrender their 2nd or 3rd best player?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2018  11:34 AM
If Willy is getting love from other teams they might not be offering much. Im not seeing anything that warrants a first round pick.
But, if he is still a prospect I'd just as soon give him minutes and let him work thru it. Its becoming a shyt show anyway.
As for Kanter and KOQ, I suppose there has to be a deal for them if not, waive KOQ and set him free to be with a contender and free Willy.
I know that's sounds a bit not optimistic but I don't set the market for these guys. Im saying if the reality is there is not a deal that fits our parameters then there is not trade to be made. While Kanter must have some value its a question of money and what comes back.
NBA Trade Deadline dealing : Knicks Brogden, Dellavado etc

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy