[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How many more games do we win? Tracking to a possible low to mid teen pick. What do we do with it?
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/26/2018  9:41 AM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Interesting to see what happens with Doug. Only $4.5 next year but bigger cap hit.

Yeah, did some poking to see if the eye test matched stats on Doug and it played out for me.... he is not really shooting well as a Knick even though his eFG% is fairly high.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcderdo01.html

Solid overall effective fg % of 56% but just a cursory look at his numbers by distance and how many shots he is taking from different ranges suggest that he is making his layups (all those cuts and passes fro KOQ), making a very solid 3pt range of 41% but outside of layups and 3pt range... he sucks.

range: %
-----------
3-10: 29%
10-16: 38%
16 <3: 27%

about 25% of his total shot are not layups and 3pt'ers, and he sucks at them. Probably should go to the G league to regain his confidence and whatnot, but I can't tell if Doug is having an off year or if his shot is just not good at the NBA level.

True. Still think he may have some upside. Specially if they ran some picks/plays for him. I see him as a more athletic Kyle Korver. With Korver, he is nothing unless you run plays for him to get him open. As we have seen in Cleveland, Korver production has dropped due to him just being a 3pt. spread the floor type role. As is Doug's role here. It's also curious as to why, with Timmy back, Doug's minutes, with him, have not been more consistent. Seem to remember that he played well with Timmy as it freed him up a bit more.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/26/2018  9:44 AM
The Knicks need to get what they can get for what 'assets' they have at this point. Hopefully we suck enough where we can get Doncic.

Ahhhh. I remember arguing with people before this road trip and people were calling me crazy for wanting to blow. it. up. before this road trip. This team sucks on the road. We have no chance of accomplishing anything in the playoffs as we'd be the road team. Now, we're in the same damned position as every year - we suck, but not enough to get a top prospect

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/26/2018  6:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2018  6:49 PM
Perhaps Boston is our best trade partner. They have a lot of picks and young pieces and they need a C that can rebound (Kanter and KO) and some scoring off the bench (Beas, Doug, Knater and Lee). Who knows

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-trade-deadline-preview-celtics-163741745.html?src=rss

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
How many more games do we win? Tracking to a possible low to mid teen pick. What do we do with it?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy