Member: #298
USA
1/22/2018  2:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Saw the first half which Frank played well. Then switch over for the 2nd half of the Pats-Jags game. I am guessing Frank sucked really bad in the 2nd half.

On the Knicks roster they have Burke, Beasley, Mcdermott, Kanter. All of them were lotto picks drafted for their offensive capabilities who have developed into nothing more than role players in the NBA. Who are all on the team which is struggling right now.

So lets not make it like offensive talent is a sure fire hit. Read Paul George scouting report and he was viewed as a 3 & D G/F who couldn't create his own shot lacking offensive creativity. Watch Donovan Mitchell's Draft express scouting report and he was said to be weak at finishing in the paint, settled on to many low efficient jump shots, not really a PG. He wasn't viewed as an offensive dynamo. There are also plenty of rookies who struggled only to go on to have very good careers. Plenty of rookies who had very good rookie seasons then fell off the map(Brandon Jennings also an offensive lotto pick who played for the Knicks. No longer in the NBA).

Its way to early to come to any real conclusions or to start pushing agendas. Frank was drafted to be a 2 way PG with elite size. The goal is to get him to that level over his rookie contract.

excellent post. Ive noticed the people who think frank is the bust are the ones who despise phil so that explains a lot. Im happy with frank. His defense and passing is really getting me excited. Obviously his offense is coming along slower but thats ok. He is still a young kid and with more experience he wont be as hesitant and the buckets will come. He has already shown he can hit big shots

True. I notice the guys that excuse every bad game Frank has and keep insisting he was a solid 8 pick are the ones that also thought the Phil and the Triangle had long term potential here.

i NEVER liked the triangle and i also felt phil had to go along with Melo. However i like Frank no matter who picked him. Im not saying he isnt raw he definetly is but i think he is gonna be a good two way player for us. His defense and passing is already been real good. Truthfully i dont think he is ever gonna be a bigtime scorer but that doesnt mean he wont contribute on offense. Kid is 19 it will take some time

Your missing the point. No one is saying the kid should be vanished or is not a decent player with some potential. The argument from me has always been that he was not and has not played like a true lottery pick. This is a fact thus far. IF he continues to play like this in years to come then he was a miss at 8. Fact.

So are Lonzo Ball and DeAaron Fox misses? That's not fact, it's conjecture. Lottery picks are selected based on potential. It's way too early to tell, especially for a 19-year-old.
Hofstra is missing the point. Totally. "Hasnt played like "a true lottery pick?"
How do you even quantify that?

How did Kris Dunn play last year? Do we need to produce a list of prospects that took a year (or god forbid 2) to develop to say this comment is silly?

Then you have Knicks 1248, who doesnt know anything about anything but knows enough to say we arent developing Frank or other player right. Cant say why, doesnt offer info, but just knows.

KP is picking up bad habits? Has KP been in this role long enough to have bad habits? This is just called working through mistakes. This is called learning to be a better player.

Seriously... when a team develops young talent, what do people think that consists of? If you want perfect ready-made players we can always go back to the Melo era find ready made guys so we can make the playoffs. We could easily pick up guys like Kemba or Bledsoe and make the playoffs some years. If you want something better you have to decide if you can stomach the growing pains. There will be losing. There will be inconsistent play.

If you lottery picks arent stars in year 1 rebuilding might not be for you.
If you expect players to adjust game after game and start getting it and playing winning ball after a couple months together than rebuilding may not be for you.

This is going to be painful for awhile. The good thing is we have seen the upside. We have seen Frank and KP dominate games on defense. We have seen KP with monster scoring nights. We have seen Willy have good moments. Sorry if thats not enough to buy some patience.

But its all good. Its Knick fans. Every bad game counts as a month. A couple bad games and the player is either no good or not "playing like a lottery pick." There seems to be very little acceptance around here that some kind of development and maturation process exists at all.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/22/2018  2:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Juliano wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:yes, but one has been sent to the G League...one needs to be.

Your opinion, not a fact, and there's a coaching staff that don't seem to agree with you as well. My feeling is that he should only be sent to the G league if a streak of poor games affects his confidence so much that he needs a break. If not, let him make mistakes and learn from them, let him adjust to the big league.

I get the notion for sending Frank down to the G-League for his specific case. All with the game plan of featuring him as the to go to guy and build up that element of his game. In his circumstance there is logic with that.

But until the coaches deem that necessary...

Whats holding him back isn't ability but more so confidence and aggressiveness. If he were to go down to G-League and ball out doesn't necessarily mean that when he goes back to playing with the veterans of an NBA roster that he won't go back to deferring. He will ball more when he looks at himself as somewhat of a vet himself.

Agreed! Frank has more of a Rondo mentality. He LOVES to pass. He’s always going to lean that way. Lebron was also like that and still doesn’t have a scorers mentality. Frank will NEVER be a DSJ or DM style player. He can however improve his offense and become more balanced. Just needs more than half a rookie season to get there.

He needs 3 to4 yrs to get close to there, so i guess the idea is to sacrifice wins for franks development.

Enough losses will result in a change of management and coaching staff anyway, then some other schmuck comes in and decides frank and half the roster are all part of a losing culture and wants to make changes. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN THAT MOVIE IN IMG..

For the Knicks, most changes in management and coaching has had to do with pressure built from failed attempts at trying to win now. Built up flawed win now rosters that coaches couldn't figure out how to get over the hump. Management who traded future draft picks and overpaid free agents and taking on ugly long term contracts building flawed failed rosters.

Last coach we had under any type of development period was MDA. And he was only let go/quit after we acquired Melo and the pressure to win was there. His job was never in jeopardy the seasons before that when we were in the lottery.

we have a flawed roster now, with 5 centers, slow pgs, and no true sf. Obviously most of the players were inherited, but they did nothing to balance out the roster, they just made it worse by acquiring more centers, the lack of a starting caliber pg, and we acquired a sf (mcdermott) nuff said.

would it hurt to acquire the likes of bledsoe or kemba, is that starphukng, or is that establishing a position on the roster the is severely lacking in talent. Those guys have 1 or 2 yrs left on their contracts, moderate contracts to boot, it's not like your getting a noah type contract and production .

The roster we have now isn't made to win now. Perry and Jeff know this which is why last week Jeff already came out saying this season isn't about wins and losses.

The level of hurt acquiring Bledsoe or Kemba depends on that assets used to acquire them. I would like to go after these caliber players after this yrs draft. Ensuring that we land a lotto pick AND a player like this in the offseason. Trading assets to maybe maybe get a 6-8 seed does nothing for me. Then there is the possibility that the Bledsoe or Kemba get hurt and you miss the playoffs anyway and lose out on the pick. Adding a lotto pick to go with Frank, KP, Hardaway and then packaging Lee and a future pick for a Bledsoe or Kemba type player is the better route imo.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/22/2018  3:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2018  3:22 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:He's not stopping anyone defensively either, yeah he disrupts some plays here and there, but they still lighting him up every night.

I don't know too many guards who are stopping anyone, disrupting is about all you can do. And who are the players that are lighting Frank up every night. Name them.

knicks1248 wrote:To say he wouldn't serve no purpose in the g league is absolutely crazy.

This kid had no summer league, no training camp, and missed the first wk of the season, and you don't send him to the g league, you just throw him into the fire. That's piss poor development, Baker, noah, dotson, and willy have all seen time in the g league even if it was for a few games, even the hawks sent THJ down.

I didn't say that. I said there would be benefits and costs and how to balance. What will he miss by not being with the Knicks and are you OK with them?

knicks1248 wrote:We act as if frank is in the running for ROY.

No one is, you literally just made that up. Stop that.

As a team with frank on the floor in the 4th, we have defended poorly and the losses indicate that

I never said anyone said frank was in the running for ROY,I said some act as if is, (meaning) support giving him PT as if he's actually helping the team win on a nightly bases.

It's like oh wow, frank made a good defensive play or made a 3, he's doing great, and disregard a miss defensive assignment, the 3 TO's, the 4 or 5 shots he turned down, or the countless times he delivers the ball to a teammate in a bad spot, or just a lazy ass pass that gets stolen.

Martin these are habit i see him developing. It's like saying frank it's ok to walk the ball up court when your down 8 with 4 minutes to play.

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/22/2018  3:20 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Saw the first half which Frank played well. Then switch over for the 2nd half of the Pats-Jags game. I am guessing Frank sucked really bad in the 2nd half.

On the Knicks roster they have Burke, Beasley, Mcdermott, Kanter. All of them were lotto picks drafted for their offensive capabilities who have developed into nothing more than role players in the NBA. Who are all on the team which is struggling right now.

So lets not make it like offensive talent is a sure fire hit. Read Paul George scouting report and he was viewed as a 3 & D G/F who couldn't create his own shot lacking offensive creativity. Watch Donovan Mitchell's Draft express scouting report and he was said to be weak at finishing in the paint, settled on to many low efficient jump shots, not really a PG. He wasn't viewed as an offensive dynamo. There are also plenty of rookies who struggled only to go on to have very good careers. Plenty of rookies who had very good rookie seasons then fell off the map(Brandon Jennings also an offensive lotto pick who played for the Knicks. No longer in the NBA).

Its way to early to come to any real conclusions or to start pushing agendas. Frank was drafted to be a 2 way PG with elite size. The goal is to get him to that level over his rookie contract.

excellent post. Ive noticed the people who think frank is the bust are the ones who despise phil so that explains a lot. Im happy with frank. His defense and passing is really getting me excited. Obviously his offense is coming along slower but thats ok. He is still a young kid and with more experience he wont be as hesitant and the buckets will come. He has already shown he can hit big shots

True. I notice the guys that excuse every bad game Frank has and keep insisting he was a solid 8 pick are the ones that also thought the Phil and the Triangle had long term potential here.

i NEVER liked the triangle and i also felt phil had to go along with Melo. However i like Frank no matter who picked him. Im not saying he isnt raw he definetly is but i think he is gonna be a good two way player for us. His defense and passing is already been real good. Truthfully i dont think he is ever gonna be a bigtime scorer but that doesnt mean he wont contribute on offense. Kid is 19 it will take some time

Your missing the point. No one is saying the kid should be vanished or is not a decent player with some potential. The argument from me has always been that he was not and has not played like a true lottery pick. This is a fact thus far. IF he continues to play like this in years to come then he was a miss at 8. Fact.

So are Lonzo Ball and DeAaron Fox misses? That's not fact, it's conjecture. Lottery picks are selected based on potential. It's way too early to tell, especially for a 19-year-old.
Hofstra is missing the point. Totally. "Hasnt played like "a true lottery pick?"

How did Kris Dunn play last year? Do we need to produce a list of prospects that took a year (or god forbid 2) to develop to say this comment is silly?

Then you have Knicks 1248, who doesnt know anything about anything but knows enough to say we arent developing Frank or other player right. Cant say why, doesnt offer info, but just knows.

KP is picking up bad habits? Has KP been in this role long enough to have bad habits? This is just called working through mistakes. This is called learning to be a better player.

Seriously... when a team develops young talent, what do people think that consists of? If you want perfect ready-made players we can always go back to the Melo era find ready made guys so we can make the playoffs. We could easily pick up guys like Kemba or Bledsoe and make the playoffs some years. If you want something better you have to decide if you can stomach the growing pains. There will be losing. There will be inconsistent play.

If you expect players to adjust game after game and start getting it and playing winning ball after a couple months together than rebuilding may not be for you.

This is going to be painful for awhile. The good thing is we have seen the upside. We have seen Frank and KP dominate games on defense. We have seen KP with monster scoring nights. We have seen Willy have good moments. Sorry if thats not enough to buy some patience.

But its all good. Its Knick fans. Every bad game counts as a month. A couple bad games and the player is either no good or not "playing like a lottery pick." There seems to be very little acceptance around here that some kind of development and maturation process exists at all.

Kris dunn barely played his rookie yr, he sat and learned, also he's not a Euro player. The game is played way different where frank is from.

IF you haven't classify frank as a project that needs to be brought up slow and steady base on what you have already seen, then you lying to yourself.

AGAIN...No summer league, no training camp, never really played in the U S, and your idea of development is just skip all that, and throw him in there, he'll learn the hard way....great development strategy

You need to show me a player the knicks have develop, then you can say I don't know what I'm talking about.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2018  3:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Juliano wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:yes, but one has been sent to the G League...one needs to be.

Your opinion, not a fact, and there's a coaching staff that don't seem to agree with you as well. My feeling is that he should only be sent to the G league if a streak of poor games affects his confidence so much that he needs a break. If not, let him make mistakes and learn from them, let him adjust to the big league.

I get the notion for sending Frank down to the G-League for his specific case. All with the game plan of featuring him as the to go to guy and build up that element of his game. In his circumstance there is logic with that.

But until the coaches deem that necessary...

Whats holding him back isn't ability but more so confidence and aggressiveness. If he were to go down to G-League and ball out doesn't necessarily mean that when he goes back to playing with the veterans of an NBA roster that he won't go back to deferring. He will ball more when he looks at himself as somewhat of a vet himself.

Agreed! Frank has more of a Rondo mentality. He LOVES to pass. He’s always going to lean that way. Lebron was also like that and still doesn’t have a scorers mentality. Frank will NEVER be a DSJ or DM style player. He can however improve his offense and become more balanced. Just needs more than half a rookie season to get there.

He needs 3 to4 yrs to get close to there, so i guess the idea is to sacrifice wins for franks development.

Enough losses will result in a change of management and coaching staff anyway, then some other schmuck comes in and decides frank and half the roster are all part of a losing culture and wants to make changes. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN THAT MOVIE IN IMG..

For the Knicks, most changes in management and coaching has had to do with pressure built from failed attempts at trying to win now. Built up flawed win now rosters that coaches couldn't figure out how to get over the hump. Management who traded future draft picks and overpaid free agents and taking on ugly long term contracts building flawed failed rosters.

Last coach we had under any type of development period was MDA. And he was only let go/quit after we acquired Melo and the pressure to win was there. His job was never in jeopardy the seasons before that when we were in the lottery.

we have a flawed roster now, with 5 centers, slow pgs, and no true sf. Obviously most of the players were inherited, but they did nothing to balance out the roster, they just made it worse by acquiring more centers, the lack of a starting caliber pg, and we acquired a sf (mcdermott) nuff said.

would it hurt to acquire the likes of bledsoe or kemba, is that starphukng, or is that establishing a position on the roster the is severely lacking in talent. Those guys have 1 or 2 yrs left on their contracts, moderate contracts to boot, it's not like your getting a noah type contract and production .

Bledsoe and Kemba are in their prime and are good players. Adding them comes at a cost. Have to address what we are giving up.
You assume the players we have today won't improve. Why? Because knicks don't have history of development. Despite all the evidence a different thought process is in placer you assume history is redundant.
Basically if you have these guys and pay for them with tradess it makes sense to resign them. Without a surplus of picks or yoot, you then deplete what comes up behind these guys. If we are ever to have real conviction to compete, you can't have Kemba's and Bledsoes without better players. They are good 2nd, 3rd, 4th guys on really really good teams.
So while its an upgrade, is it enough? Is it sustainable? Thats what many of us are trying to point out. Your ideas are not bad, they are just short sighted to the hear and now.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/22/2018  3:56 PM
IN regards to Frank going to the D/G league, what is Miller's reputation as a development coach. I know he worked in the Spurs organization before coming to the Knicks and that he had college experience. The Knicks used Westchester last year for Plumlee and Baker but that seemed more like it was to give them game time minutes. If Frank would benefit and learn from playing in Westchester then it might be worth it to have him spend some time there. It seems like the knicks use Westchester more as a place where their young guys can see some game action.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2018  4:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:IN regards to Frank going to the D/G league, what is Miller's reputation as a development coach. I know he worked in the Spurs organization before coming to the Knicks and that he had college experience. The Knicks used Westchester last year for Plumlee and Baker but that seemed more like it was to give them game time minutes. If Frank would benefit and learn from playing in Westchester then it might be worth it to have him spend some time there. It seems like the knicks use Westchester more as a place where their young guys can see some game action.

I've been to few Gleague games and the games are different. Im not sure him runing gunning and chucking is what he needs.
He wants to pass, he also needs the ball back. Dudes don't pass like that in the gleague.
I get the concept. Whats good for burke or Hardaway (dudes both had big attitude adjustments to make too!). Its not like Frank was taking stuff for granted or has to rehab from injury.
I've often said look at Clyde's rookie year at age 22-23! Not much. Bill Bradley was blasted and not until he moved to the 3 did he emerge. Bradley was an allstar because of the chips and NYC, and he got to HOF in part on his college career but this was a major star in college who needed time to adjust to the faster stronger game.
Frank is playing 20 min on most nights. IS playing another 10 minutes in the Gleague really going to make him a man? I don't know, but its not like he is failing.
Perhaps its about expectations.

CrushAlot
USA
1/22/2018  4:12 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:IN regards to Frank going to the D/G league, what is Miller's reputation as a development coach. I know he worked in the Spurs organization before coming to the Knicks and that he had college experience. The Knicks used Westchester last year for Plumlee and Baker but that seemed more like it was to give them game time minutes. If Frank would benefit and learn from playing in Westchester then it might be worth it to have him spend some time there. It seems like the knicks use Westchester more as a place where their young guys can see some game action.

I've been to few Gleague games and the games are different. Im not sure him runing gunning and chucking is what he needs.
He wants to pass, he also needs the ball back. Dudes don't pass like that in the gleague.
I get the concept. Whats good for burke or Hardaway (dudes both had big attitude adjustments to make too!). Its not like Frank was taking stuff for granted or has to rehab from injury.
I've often said look at Clyde's rookie year at age 22-23! Not much. Bill Bradley was blasted and not until he moved to the 3 did he emerge. Bradley was an allstar because of the chips and NYC, and he got to HOF in part on his college career but this was a major star in college who needed time to adjust to the faster stronger game.
Frank is playing 20 min on most nights. IS playing another 10 minutes in the Gleague really going to make him a man? I don't know, but its not like he is failing.

I also wonder if Atlanta's G League team is different. Hardaway and Muscala both seemed to improve with time there. I think the running, gunning and chucking that you describe is pretty standard. The roster has been better so I haven't watched any Westchester games this year.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/22/2018  4:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2018  4:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Wait, wasn't Dunn one of the guys you liked to use in discussions as first year flops a year ago. So now, not only is it bad to put down a first year player but your claiming him as an example in this discussion? Okay, fair enough Fish. How bout you give me that list of guys that have had a terrible first year and went on to be All Start level talent or contributed to play off teams. And I will give you a longer list of guys that were not very good their first year and were just as bad in following years and went on to leave the NBA. So saying one side is more valid than the other is silly.

And let me ask you this. Why is it that your dream, of what Frank may turn out to be, is more valid than reality, stats and how he has played thus far. Simple point, he has not played like anyone has hoped our 8 pick would play. You can lie and sugar coated to defend your point but it does not make it true. Why is it that no one can man up and say that? Its not saying that the kid should be vanished or may not turn it around. But Im tired of guys on here defending his sub par play. And saying they are satisfied is just bull****. Want to see who is satisfied just look at Chicago, Dallas, Utah, LA, Atlanta, Boston, Miami, etc.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/22/2018  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2018  4:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I also wonder if Atlanta's G League team is different. Hardaway and Muscala both seemed to improve with time there. I think the running, gunning and chucking that you describe is pretty standard. The roster has been better so I haven't watched any Westchester games this year.

Agree. The kid needs to gain CONFIDENCE on offense. No better place than the G league. 20 minutes in the PRO'Ss and scared to shoot does him no good. Specially if Burke continues to take his minutes.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/22/2018  4:52 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Wait, wasn't Dunn one of the guys you liked to use in discussions as first year flops a year ago. So now, not only is it bad to put down a first year player but your claiming him as an example in this discussion? Okay, fair enough Fish. How bout you give me that list of guys that have had a terrible first year and went on to be All Start level talent or contributed to play off teams. And I will give you a longer list of guys that were not very good their first year and were just as bad in following years and went on to leave the NBA. So saying one side is more valid than the other is silly.

And let me ask you this. Why is it that your dream, of what Frank may turn out to be, is more valid than reality, stats and how he has played thus far. Simple point, he has not played like anyone has hoped our 8 pick would play. You can lie and sugar coated to defend your point but it does not make it true. Why is it that no one can man up and say that? Its not saying that the kid should be vanished or may not turn it around. But Im tired of guys on here defending his sub par play.

Yea... lets look at Dunn. If you traded him for playing like 2nd round talent last year (which he did) you would be a terrible GM. So yea... and Dunn is like 3 years older than Frank.

Frank is a prospect. Look at his entire draft class. How many are playing well?

And let me ask you this. Why is it that your dream, of what Frank may turn out to be, is more valid than reality, stats and how he has played thus far.
Im not dreaming about anything. Reality and stats show he's one of the best defenders around. Pretty much every defensive metric shows that Frank is excellent there. OR you can ignore the stats and listen to guys like Carlise or Popovich who all praise Frank's potential based on what THEY have seen.

You calling those stats "my dream" is the lie and sugar coating here.

Why in your own dreams is Dennis Smith JR ever anything besides and undersized volume chucker and a losing player who's picked up in the NBA right where he left off? His stats show a PG who defends nobody, shoots at lousy %s and turnover machine.

Sorry.. who's dreaming?

Forget about the Knicks drafting him and your Phil hating triangle guard none sense. Every mock draft had Frank 8-13 range. Nobody had established Frank as better or worse than the other guard prospects in that area (Monk/Mitchell/DS/Frank).

So why do you think Frank was there?

Ill tell you. Frank was a lottery pick because he's an athletic 6'5 PG with a 7'0 wingspan. He's also skilled. He's also 19. Its that simple. Frank has physical tools that could make him an elite defensive player. Also we have SEEN that from him in his rookie yea, repeatedly.

But Im tired of guys on here defending his sub par play.

Why? Frank is a sub par player. Who is defending that? I hear calls for patience, not defense of his poor play. Its gotta get better. How does it get better? Keep running him out there and looking at the film. Its a growth process.

Want to know what Im tired of? Watching every successful franchise show patience and develop players while the Knick dont.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TLover
Member: #381
USA
1/22/2018  6:11 PM
Frankie was NOT Scott Perry’s pick. What we do up till the trade deadline says a lot about what management’s evaluation is of him.
If they feel that he will develop into no more but a complementary player then hit when his value is at its highest (being that he’s a young prospect highly touted out of Europe). Internally we should know (through practices) if this kid has the instincts & athletic ability to be an all star. If Perry & crew truely feels Frankie can be special (besides the surgar coating given to the media) then yes keep him.

Frankie has great attitude & length but does he have the rest to be a star player, justifying being a high draft pick.

CrushAlot
USA
1/22/2018  6:34 PM
TLover wrote:Frankie was NOT Scott Perry’s pick. What we do up till the trade deadline says a lot about what management’s evaluation is of him.
If they feel that he will develop into no more but a complementary player then hit when his value is at its highest (being that he’s a young prospect highly touted out of Europe). Internally we should know (through practices) if this kid has the instincts & athletic ability to be an all star. If Perry & crew truely feels Frankie can be special (besides the surgar coating given to the media) then yes keep him.

Frankie has great attitude & length but does he have the rest to be a star player, justifying being a high draft pick.

I was thinking about this with Perry. But the Knicks did send Mills to France to scout Frank, talk to his coaches etc. Mills has always said he would have taken Frank at 8. My hope is that Mills means what he said and isn't just making the best of the situation. I think if Frank truly was Mills's pick he won't be moved.
CrushAlot
USA
1/22/2018  6:34 PM
TLover wrote:Frankie was NOT Scott Perry’s pick. What we do up till the trade deadline says a lot about what management’s evaluation is of him.

I was thinking about this with Perry. But the Knicks did send Mills to France to scout Frank, talk to his coaches etc. Mills has always said he would have taken Frank at 8. My hope is that Mills means what he said and isn't just making the best of the situation. I think if Frank truly was Mills's pick he won't be moved.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/22/2018  6:52 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

And let me ask you this. Why is it that your dream, of what Frank may turn out to be, is more valid than reality, stats and how he has played thus far. Simple point, he has not played like anyone has hoped our 8 pick would play. You can lie and sugar coated to defend your point but it does not make it true. Why is it that no one can man up and say that? Its not saying that the kid should be vanished or may not turn it around. But Im tired of guys on here defending his sub par play.

Yea... lets look at Dunn. If you traded him for playing like 2nd round talent last year (which he did) you would be a terrible GM. So yea... and Dunn is like 3 years older than Frank.

And let me ask you this. Why is it that your dream, of what Frank may turn out to be, is more valid than reality, stats and how he has played thus far.
Im not dreaming about anything. Reality and stats show he's one of the best defenders around. Pretty much every defensive metric shows that Frank is excellent there. OR you can ignore the stats and listen to guys like Carlise or Popovich who all praise Frank's potential based on what THEY have seen.

Why in your own dreams is Dennis Smith JR ever anything besides and undersized volume chucker and a losing player who's picked up in the NBA right where he left off? His stats show a PG who defends nobody, shoots at lousy %s and turnover machine.

Sorry.. who's dreaming?

Forget about the Knicks drafting him and your Phil hating triangle guard none sense. Every mock draft had Frank 8-13 range. Nobody had established Frank as better or worse than the other guard prospects in that area (Monk/Mitchell/DS/Frank).

Ill tell you. Frank was a lottery pick because he's an athletic 6'5 PG with a 7'0 wingspan. He's also skilled. He's also 19. Its that simple. Frank has physical tools that could make him an elite defensive player. Also we have SEEN that from him in his rookie yea, repeatedly.

Why? Frank is a sub par player. Who is defending that? I hear calls for patience, not defense of his poor play. Its gotta get better. How does it get better? Keep running him out there and looking at the film. Its a growth process.

Want to know what Im tired of? Watching every successful franchise show patience and develop players while the Knick dont.

Dunn is a good example of summer league not meaning anything as well as a players rookie yr not meaning anything. He fits both cases. Its insane to call players bust after only their rookie yr.

Hostra real talk, If Lowry was a lottery pick instead of a later first round pick would anyone care today? Randy Foye was taken in the lottery and had a quicker start to his career then Lowry. Does anyone care today? Lowry wasn't good his rookie yr and took 7 yrs to develop into the stud he became? How about Draymond Green? If he was a lotto pick instead of a 2nd round pick would anyone care today? Does being in the 2nd round or having slow start to his career as a 22 yr old rookie matter today?

Being a lottery pick isn't based on what you do in your rookie yr.

Gary Harris 30% shooting 3.4 pts per game his rookie yr as a 20 yr old with 2 years of college ball. If he was taken in the lottery over Nick Stauskus or Marcus Smart would anyone care today that he could have fell to #19? I doubt, all anyone would care about is that you were able to secure that player on your team.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SRacide
Member: #7604

1/22/2018  7:32 PM
"Do the Knicks reassure you about rumors?"

Frank;"Not necessarily. I feel good here but it's a world where we do not control certain things. So the best thing is to focus on the things you can control, that is basketball, and my progression."

what do you think of his answer?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/22/2018  7:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Is that how GM's and teams work? You sign someone or pick someone you are decidedly more likely to keep (regardless of anything else in a vacuum)? Or is it what the player is doing and what you see day to day and/or what you are getting in return that will determine if a player is moved or not?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/22/2018  8:00 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Sorry.. who's dreaming?

Dunn is a good example of summer league not meaning anything as well as a players rookie yr not meaning anything. He fits both cases. Its insane to call players bust after only their rookie yr.

Not only their rookie year, he's making that call after 1/2 his rookie year.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/22/2018  8:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2018  8:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Not for nothing but what do you expect him to say? I really wanted Mitchell like the rest of the scouts but we got vetoed and we blew a chance at an All Star and now we are stuck with this guy

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TLover
Member: #381
USA
1/22/2018  8:08 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Is that how GM's and teams work? You sign someone or pick someone you are decidedly more likely to keep (regardless of anything else in a vacuum)? Or is it what the player is doing and what you see day to day and/or what you are getting in return that will determine if a player is moved or not?

Since the current GM did not pick the player then it must be the latter. Let’s remember, Mills is a business guy, not a basketball guy (despite playing in college).

I’d try do the pick over (assuming the current regime feels that way) by including Frankie in a deal with Cleveland in getting that Net’s pick.
They can justify giving up pick by getting a young defensive point guard,(which they need) with a low post player like Kantor, and maybe a Courtney Lee.

Would love to go into this next draft with 2 lottery picks.

I know Ntilikina is only 19 but...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy