[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rodney Hood on the block?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2018  12:32 PM
VCoug wrote:Lol, I didn't know the existence of other overpaid players means that THJr isn't. If he's such a good player, why is this team so ****ty?

LOL, you have to bring some validity to a statement like that. "Shitty" is a bit vague. He missed 20 games.
He too is a work in progress and ATL had him at this level for half a season. We had to over pay him to lure him.
Also, his salary vs. others is how you gauge.

AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/22/2018  12:59 PM
Whats the argument against Hood?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2018  1:03 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Nalod wrote:
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Zach Lowe said he has heard the same rumors.

Not interested unless they're giving him away for nothing. He looked like he was going to be a good player after his 2nd year but his play has dropped each of the last two seasons. His shooting numbers have gone down and he stopped passing the ball. He's a competent SG but that's it and we're already (over)paying for two other competent SG now.

Who are we over paying on the Knicks?

THJr and Courtney Lee.

16 and 12 mill give or take? Why is that overpaid? They are playing to their contracts. Plenty of players out there making the same money and suck.

More like 18 and 12. I don't want to be paying CLee for another two years past this and THJr is basically a league-average SG being paid like an All-Star.

Nope. Lee at 11 might be a bargain. Shump makes 10 over 4 years.
Tim Makes 17. JR smith makes 15. Crabbe makes 17.
This is just off the top of my head.
If. You want to rant and Hate, just be accurate.mother****er

Fixed

Ouch. Its like you sent me down to the Gleauge to work on my skills!!!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/22/2018  1:19 PM
Andrew wrote:Whats the argument against Hood?

I'm not sure he's a full-time starter at SF...and you have to pay him next year. I think he gets THJ money, which would kill our cap.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

1/22/2018  7:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2018  10:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
VCoug wrote:Lol, I didn't know the existence of other overpaid players means that THJr isn't. If he's such a good player, why is this team so ****ty?

LOL, you have to bring some validity to a statement like that. "Shitty" is a bit vague. He missed 20 games.
He too is a work in progress and ATL had him at this level for half a season. We had to over pay him to lure him.

There was no reason to lure him, he's a league-average SG. We're 12-14 with him in the lineup, a 37 win pace, and 9-21 9-12 with him out of the lineup, a 35 win pace. If I was paying someone $18M/year I would hope they improve the team by more than 2 wins.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
VCoug

1/22/2018  7:29 PM

He had a good sophomore season but he's declined each of the two seasons. His 3pt shooting has actually improved but his 2pt% dropped almost 40 points, his bad FTr has cratered, and he stopped passing the ball. He's worth it if they give him away but he's in the last year of his rookie deal and I wouldn't want to pay him in the hopes that he improves.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
1/22/2018  8:10 PM
VCoug wrote:

He had a good sophomore season but he's declined each of the two seasons. His 3pt shooting has actually improved but his 2pt% dropped almost 40 points, his bad FTr has cratered, and he stopped passing the ball. He's worth it if they give him away but he's in the last year of his rookie deal and I wouldn't want to pay him in the hopes that he improves.

I'm not seeing the same drop in stats you are.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hoodro01.html

PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigRedDog
Member: #569
1/22/2018  8:15 PM
VCoug wrote:
Nalod wrote:

There was no reason to lure him, he's a league-average SG. We're 12-14 with him in the lineup, a 37 win pace, and 9-21 with him out of the lineup, a 35 win pace. If I was paying someone $18M/year I would hope they improve the team by more than 2 wins.

Your math is lousy. 12-14 is a 38 win pace. 9-21 is a 24 win pace. Repeat 10th grade and get back to me.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/22/2018  9:25 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Nalod wrote:

There was no reason to lure him, he's a league-average SG. We're 12-14 with him in the lineup, a 37 win pace, and 9-21 with him out of the lineup, a 35 win pace. If I was paying someone $18M/year I would hope they improve the team by more than 2 wins.

Your math is lousy. 12-14 is a 38 win pace. 9-21 is a 24 win pace. Repeat 10th grade and get back to me.

So you think it was a good idea to commit nearly 20% of the cap to a player amid a rebuild? Especially to one that has been having health issues and doesn't turn you into a playoff team?

VCoug

1/22/2018  9:29 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Nalod wrote:

No, 9-21 is a typo it should be 9-12. A shame you're too stupid to notice that we don't have a record of 21-35 or is it that basic math is beyond your abilities? And 12-14 is not a 38 win pace. 12/26*82 = 37.8

VCoug

1/22/2018  9:34 PM
Andrew wrote:
VCoug wrote:

I'm not seeing the same drop in stats you are.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hoodro01.html

His 2FG% dropped from 47% two years ago to 43% today. His assists/game dropped 1 full assist from 2.7 to 1.7 and his AST% dropped from 14.4% to 10.4%. His FTr dropped from 0.206 to 0.167. His WS, WS/48, OBPM, DBPM, BPM, ORtg, DRtg, and VORP are all worse than they were two years ago. Meanwhile, his usage has climbed 6 points from 21.5 to 27.8.

Rodney Hood on the block?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy