[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we are down we have to play our scorers
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/18/2018  8:39 AM
There was a stretch I believe in the 3rd... the 4th too... just say the end of the 3rd and the first 6 minutes of the fourth.... we had KP and 4 offensively challenged players. Frank and Baker on the floor at the same time with KOQ and Lee. Who is creating offense? The pressure was on KP...too much. Then he gets hurt and has to call himself out the game. Then they finally put in Beasley. we were down by 17....

I understand the thinking that we need to put defenders out there to stop the other team from scoring.... but wtf man how can we come back if tge guys can't score? Baker is embarrassing. He was missing the baker and the backboard durung that stretch. Frank wasn't trying to score. He was jamming passes. He's so scared to put up a shot. Courtney Lee is not an offensive player. You can't rely on a guy that barely can score 10 points a game to bring you back from a huge deficit.

Down the stretch we finally put in KP, Beas, THJr, Jack yet still had Baker out there.

I really don't understand what the **** is going on... yes we need to play better defense, but if we are trying to make a comeback you need to play your best guys. Outs the ridiculous flaw in Hornaceks coaching. He has favorites and he's totally retarded in figuring out who to put in and what time.

Enough is enough. We need to start KP and Beas at the 4/5... THJr is healthy, he needs to start. I'm good with Thomas starting but only if we surround him with 5 guys that can score. We should never have less than 2 scorers out there wtf.

I didn't want to talk about the draft... I'm very confident we'll get someone very good. It's about putting out a good product. No tanking. We had guys that care and want to win. They want to be here. We can't have a church that handicasps their ability to win games, especially on the road. I'm furious

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/18/2018  9:26 AM
I'm slowly starting to come around on the fire Jeff front. I don't get it. Some of this stuff is a head scratcher. Are the FO & Head Coach on the same page?
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/18/2018  10:00 AM
It matters who you play and when! So far Jeff seems to not really have a clear handle on how to get the best from his roster. I don’t see why he still has LT starting. Overall I can’t see a clear logic to his rotations.

Jack got his money so why not see what Burke could do in the Memphis game? There’s no reason not to find a few minutes when Jack isn’t scoring. They don’t owe Jack minutes and when the team is down Double Digits I think you can see what your younger players might give you. Baker is likely to be pushed out by Dotson so there’s no reason to play him and not see what Burke could do. My point is minutes are there to take a look.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/18/2018  10:35 AM
I think Kanter off the bench would be huge. He’s not suited to defend the other teams starters. He does ok when pitted against another big name C but other than that he’s direclty or indirectly responsible for so many easy buckets. His bounding is nice but really not worth what he gives up.

Some of these lineups we run really make me think we’re rolling a smokescreen tank. JH and Perry are both agreed we play hard to win but are really expecting to get a high lottery pick and keep building through the draft.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/18/2018  1:24 PM
EnySpree wrote:There was a stretch I believe in the 3rd... the 4th too... just say the end of the 3rd and the first 6 minutes of the fourth.... we had KP and 4 offensively challenged players. Frank and Baker on the floor at the same time with KOQ and Lee. Who is creating offense? The pressure was on KP...too much. Then he gets hurt and has to call himself out the game. Then they finally put in Beasley. we were down by 17....

I understand the thinking that we need to put defenders out there to stop the other team from scoring.... but wtf man how can we come back if tge guys can't score? Baker is embarrassing. He was missing the baker and the backboard durung that stretch. Frank wasn't trying to score. He was jamming passes. He's so scared to put up a shot. Courtney Lee is not an offensive player. You can't rely on a guy that barely can score 10 points a game to bring you back from a huge deficit.

Down the stretch we finally put in KP, Beas, THJr, Jack yet still had Baker out there.

I really don't understand what the **** is going on... yes we need to play better defense, but if we are trying to make a comeback you need to play your best guys. Outs the ridiculous flaw in Hornaceks coaching. He has favorites and he's totally retarded in figuring out who to put in and what time.

Enough is enough. We need to start KP and Beas at the 4/5... THJr is healthy, he needs to start. I'm good with Thomas starting but only if we surround him with 5 guys that can score. We should never have less than 2 scorers out there wtf.

I didn't want to talk about the draft... I'm very confident we'll get someone very good. It's about putting out a good product. No tanking. We had guys that care and want to win. They want to be here. We can't have a church that handicasps their ability to win games, especially on the road. I'm furious

Baker added a huge needed spark when we started coming back when he came in the game. He got a couple of needed stops when they tried to go one on one. Nobody else was able to get those stops. THjr went through the motions most of the game. Was a rare outing where he brought no energy. Gave up an back breaking put back dunk failing to box out on a critical play.

Our scorers gave up more then they were giving last night. Playing Baker during that stretch wasnt a problem and was actually a positive. Not having the team motivated to play is the real issue.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/18/2018  2:47 PM
I agree that Kanter may need some minutes as a reserve, but who is Hornacek supposed to play that gives him both offense and defense? Maybe Lee a little bit... want defensive effort with little scoring - we got that in boatloads - Baker, L.Thomas, O'Quinn, Frank, Jack, etc... Want offense with almost no D - we got Beasley (who's improved on D somewhat), McDermott, Kanter, Hardaway Jr, Willy, etc - see the problem - not enough 2 way players. Hard to find the right mix when Beasley plays same position as KP and KP needs a banger to operate on the wing. This reminds me of the AI Philly team around 2001 - the whole roster was contructed around Iverson - all defensive players who could hit outside shots. We're trying to accomodate around KP (a 4 that wants to play like a 3 but is sized as a 5). I'm starting to think he either needs to bulk up and move to the 5 on a regular basis or we need to find an inexpensive quick/mobile scoring 5 that likes to bang and plays strong defense. Kanter does some of these things but lacks on D and foot speed. As a result, we play slower and struggle to keep up with many teams. Where's Theo Ratliff when you need him? Seriously, we have some talent but our roster is too divided between speeds and offense/defense. Maybe try to target a big like N.Noel, Capella or WCStein in the offseason?
EnySpree

1/18/2018  4:08 PM
Bottom line if you are behind.... the idea isn't to stop the other team from ever scoring again.... this is the nba, that's impossible. We need to get our firepower going to cine back. Once it's close then you worry about getting stops. You aren't trying to get stops down by 17. That's not what's going to get you back. Baker can't score, Frank won't even try to score. Lee is a souped up role player. KOQ is not a guy you look to to get you buckets. You simply can't put 4 bums around KP and expect the offense to click. Somebody else is gong to have to score.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/18/2018  5:33 PM
IF YOU CANT FET STOPS EVEN 5 SCORERS ON THE FLOOR WOMT HELP. DEFENSE ANS TURNOVERS CREATES OFFENSE.

We realize you believe that Beas and Kanter are the Knicks best players however neither possesses any noteworthy defensive skills. Beas has bounced around the league as a result. This may be Kanters fate as well which would be unfoetunate as his offensive boarding would make Moses Malone proud (or at least Steve Adams)

EnySpree

1/18/2018  5:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2018  5:43 PM
Paris907 wrote:IF YOU CANT FET STOPS EVEN 5 SCORERS ON THE FLOOR WOMT HELP. DEFENSE ANS TURNOVERS CREATES OFFENSE.

We realize you believe that Beas and Kanter are the Knicks best players however neither possesses any noteworthy defensive skills. Beas has bounced around the league as a result. This may be Kanters fate as well which would be unfoetunate as his offensive boarding would make Moses Malone proud (or at least Steve Adams)

I never mentioned Kanter. So I Cant argue with a dude that's not even paying attention. Now that you mention it, Kanter was destroying Memphis only to be benched in the 4th? Wtf is going on?

I ask you.... won was supposed to score even we had Frank, Baker, KP, KOQ and Lee on the court? Tge were getting stops... but they were coming up the court only to give baker open looks and for Frank to not even look at the basket. KP isn't Patrick Ewing... this isn't the 90s.... teams Jack up 3s outs almost impossible to catch up if you are behind by alot by simply "getting stops" and going to run on turnovers. The team actually needs to site on those opportunities. The Knicks do not when they surround KP with 4 bums that "play defense".... KP played a hell of a game last night on defense only for Ron baker AND Frank to piss it away. It's not their fault.... its coaching. You habe to play whay you have. Baker is a situational player Frank might have hit the wall. Horny has no clue when it comes to his roster

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/18/2018  5:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:There was a stretch I believe in the 3rd... the 4th too... just say the end of the 3rd and the first 6 minutes of the fourth.... we had KP and 4 offensively challenged players. Frank and Baker on the floor at the same time with KOQ and Lee. Who is creating offense? The pressure was on KP...too much. Then he gets hurt and has to call himself out the game. Then they finally put in Beasley. we were down by 17....

Agree. Was wondering the whole second half why Kanter played so little after such a hot start. Beas showed he was the only one getting high percentage looks. Dont mind Frank in for perimeter defense. But think Kanter or Beas, KP, Hardaway, Lee/Buckets, Frank should be our closer. With preference for who ever is hot.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/18/2018  6:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:Bottom line if you are behind.... the idea isn't to stop the other team from ever scoring again.... this is the nba, that's impossible. We need to get our firepower going to cine back. Once it's close then you worry about getting stops. You aren't trying to get stops down by 17. That's not what's going to get you back. Baker can't score, Frank won't even try to score. Lee is a souped up role player. KOQ is not a guy you look to to get you buckets. You simply can't put 4 bums around KP and expect the offense to click. Somebody else is gong to have to score.

May have been out of principal. Possible Jeff was pissed about the lack of effort defensively throughout the game so he gave mins to players who were willing to give that effort. He may have not been thinking this is the lineup that is going to bring us back but more so thinking the other guys aren't showing that they deserve the PT at the moment. So he would rather sink with players that will give effort. I mean we got absolutely embarrassed and manhandled in the paint.

Kanter offensively had a good start. But at the same time how many easy points in the paint did Memphis score on us to build their lead. Kanter was rebounding the ball though so he maybe should have earns some more time due to his contributions on the boards especially given the fact that we couldn't secure rebounds late in the game.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Paris907
USA
1/18/2018  6:15 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:IF YOU CANT FET STOPS EVEN 5 SCORERS ON THE FLOOR WOMT HELP. DEFENSE ANS TURNOVERS CREATES OFFENSE.

I never mentioned Kanter. So I Cant argue with a dude that's not even paying attention. Now that you mention it, Kanter was destroying Memphis only to be benched in the 4th? Wtf is going on?

I ask you.... won was supposed to score even we had Frank, Baker, KP, KOQ and Lee on the court? Tge were getting stops... but they were coming up the court only to give baker open looks and for Frank to not even look at the basket. KP isn't Patrick Ewing... this isn't the 90s.... teams Jack up 3s outs almost impossible to catch up if you are behind by alot by simply "getting stops" and going to run on turnovers. The team actually needs to site on those opportunities. The Knicks do not when they surround KP with 4 bums that "play defense".... KP played a hell of a game last night on defense only for Ron baker AND Frank to piss it away. It's not their fault.... its coaching. You habe to play whay you have. Baker is a situational player Frank might have hit the wall. Horny has no clue when it comes to his roster

The announcers in Memphis Said that he’s lack of defense infuriates Hornacek. Your fave is a fine rotation player but without the athleticism to pay the 5 defensively his upside will be questioned.

Paris907
USA
1/18/2018  6:17 PM
Kanter had 14 in the quarter and we were trailing as Memphis was in a layup line
If we are down we have to play our scorers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy