[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks at Grizz
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
1/17/2018  10:24 PM
Paris907 wrote:I’d rather see Dotson than Baker and Beas min should take Thomas’

If we are to lose, it might as well be with the young players.
AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/17/2018  10:30 PM
The FIX was in
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/17/2018  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2018  10:35 PM
Knicks didn't deserve to win the game, but the Refs should never get in the way and decide games.

Stafford decided the game at the end by two bad calls you never make.

First, on the rebound off the ball foul on KP (that is never called). Knicks should have had possession down 3 with 20 seconds left.

Second, the technical on Lee for talking during the jump ball to make it from a 1 possession game to a 2 with a 4 point lead (knowing the time and the situation, you never make that call as a ref) Game over.

Also, Evans stepped over the line on the 1st jump and it just wasn't called by Stafford right under his feet.

Stafford won this game for the Griz at the end.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/17/2018  10:34 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Baker just checked in for the first time playing with Tim, Frank and KO. This unit can compete defensively. Let's see if Baker gives us a spark.

Not a fan of Baker. Rather see what Burke can do. Baker=0 offense, Frank=0 offense

Since Baker has come in and they went small, the defense has picked up considerably and we cut the lead. I love his D, especially his team defense. He's such a smart defender and he can knock down an open shot.

Really. The next open shot he makes will be his first. Just sucks on offense. He hustles but over rated on defense. Good at going over screens but he drops of his man so much and leaves his man open for 3's

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
MS
Member: #724
1/17/2018  10:34 PM
We are paying Baker 1MM more per than Evans.

Embarrassing.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/17/2018  10:36 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Baker just checked in for the first time playing with Tim, Frank and KO. This unit can compete defensively. Let's see if Baker gives us a spark.

Not a fan of Baker. Rather see what Burke can do. Baker=0 offense, Frank=0 offense

Since Baker has come in and they went small, the defense has picked up considerably and we cut the lead. I love his D, especially his team defense. He's such a smart defender and he can knock down an open shot.

Really. The next open shot he makes will be his first. Just sucks on offense. He hustles but over rated on defense. Good at going over screens but he drops of his man so much and leaves his man open for 3's

When you only take a couple shots a game, it's hard to get your rhythm. He was a shooter in college at Wichita State. He has good form on his shot. It's a confidence thing.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/17/2018  10:44 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Very bad loss....again. Jeff waited too long to get Hardaway back in.

That Technical was ridiculous.

Awful call. And a really bad sequence of officiating. Not sure how long Jeff should wait to pull the plug on Baker and Frank when they aren't effective but he waited way too long tonight. Also, Tim needs to be on the floor more in close games. Seemed like a good opportunity to play Burke. Frank wasn't effective and having two point guards that don't penetrate and put pressure on the defense makes it too hard on offense the rest of the team. Knicks are lucky Bease is such a good iso player and KOQ is a good passer with the second unit.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/17/2018  10:53 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

When you only take a couple shots a game, it's hard to get your rhythm. He was a shooter in college at Wichita State. He has good form on his shot. It's a confidence thing.

Its his 2nd yr here. Work on it in practice. The guy has sucked shooting since he got here. If you have no offensive game he doesnt deserve to play. Playing 4 on 5 on the offensive side. With Frank and Baker in playing 3 on 5 on offense. If Ron wasn't Hornachecks long lost kid he wouldn't be playing.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/17/2018  11:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2018  11:19 PM
Insane Tyreke Evans carry horribly behind his back right in front of that ref, it was comical.

After that he then he calls that loose ball on KP from an impossible view.

They then take 7 seconds to inbounds, I rewound and counted, right in front of him.

Then the jump ball violation with Evans all over THJ.

Then the bizarre technical.

That guy is clearly on the take. Unbelievable ending.

Let’s not forget that foot kick out offensive foul on that 3 they didn’t call when he got free throws.

I’ve been seeing them rewrite the rules on a nightly basis. Nba is at an all time high now and these ref issues are gonna **** around and ruin what they’ve built. Silver needs to do some investigating. Something is up.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/17/2018  11:50 PM
Zebo13 wrote:Insane Tyreke Evans carry horribly behind his back right in front of that ref, it was comical.

They then take 7 seconds to inbounds, I rewound and counted, right in front of him.

Let’s not forget that foot kick out offensive foul on that 3 they didn’t call when he got free throws.

I’ve been seeing them rewrite the rules on a nightly basis. Nba is at an all time high now and these ref issues are gonna **** around and ruin what they’ve built. Silver needs to do some investigating. Something is up.

Spot on. the sequence of calls and non-calls toward the end of the game were to ensure the Knicks lost but the Knicks refused to go down. Clearly, something is wrong here and it isn't some sugar-coated bull**** about the "knicks shoulda..."

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/18/2018  1:07 AM
fwk00 wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Insane Tyreke Evans carry horribly behind his back right in front of that ref, it was comical.

Spot on. the sequence of calls and non-calls toward the end of the game were to ensure the Knicks lost but the Knicks refused to go down. Clearly, something is wrong here and it isn't some sugar-coated bull**** about the "knicks shoulda..."

How about the Knicks shouldve played hard from minute 1. When you get run out of a building because the other team is simply playing harder--bad things happen. Everything else is excuse./

RIP Crushalot😞
Zebo13
USA
1/18/2018  1:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

How about the Knicks shouldve played hard from minute 1. When you get run out of a building because the other team is simply playing harder--bad things happen. Everything else is excuse./

Yeah we def played bad enough for most of the game. Felt like tank mode for most of the first half. That defense was pathetic. Kanter just seems to be the key to the tank mode D. Still that ending was just too much.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/18/2018  7:02 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

If he hit an open shot he would play 15-20 minutes a night. So what is your suggestion just roll with him and hope it catches on. Is he staying after practice shooting 3's so he is ready when he gets his chance? I want to believe.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/18/2018  8:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Very bad loss....again. Jeff waited too long to get Hardaway back in.

That Technical was ridiculous.

Awful call. And a really bad sequence of officiating. Not sure how long Jeff should wait to pull the plug on Baker and Frank when they aren't effective but he waited way too long tonight. Also, Tim needs to be on the floor more in close games. Seemed like a good opportunity to play Burke. Frank wasn't effective and having two point guards that don't penetrate and put pressure on the defense makes it too hard on offense the rest of the team. Knicks are lucky Bease is such a good iso player and KOQ is a good passer with the second unit.

YEs, I was calling for Burke most of the 2nd half! My wife was like "Who is that?" and when I said, "He is a guy they signed from the G-League that will save their season", out loud, I felt kind of stupid..but I still wanted him in the game. Frank and Baker play good D together but they do it on both sides. No one scores. Jack was off all night, so Trey should have been used, IMO. Especially since he takes it into the paint and plays a nice PnR. Oh well.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/18/2018  9:54 AM
blkexec wrote:KP was lost on that put back dunk....

Hornacek is messing around with KPs development by playing the 4 all game.....Then shift to the 5 in crunch time. KP was waaaaay out of position on JerMichaels put back.

Thats normal for kp, why you think he's averaging 6 boards per game

ES
Zebo13
USA
1/18/2018  10:28 AM
I am liking KP’s efficiency lately also he’s gotten more boards than usual.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/18/2018  11:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:KP was lost on that put back dunk....

Hornacek is messing around with KPs development by playing the 4 all game.....Then shift to the 5 in crunch time. KP was waaaaay out of position on JerMichaels put back.

Thats normal for kp, why you think he's averaging 6 boards per game

He's not. And if you can't look up a simple stat, please stop posting.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/18/2018  11:48 AM
Game like this one exposes how poor Kanter's rim protection is. Maybe every game does. Man, it's awful.

OTOH, KP's defense was pretty impressive to me

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/18/2018  12:29 PM
martin wrote:Game like this one exposes how poor Kanter's rim protection is. Maybe every game does. Man, it's awful.

OTOH, KP's defense was pretty impressive to me

too much focus on his scoring this year. Make him a jump shooting stretch 4. He's not a center, but he can be one of the best defensive players in the league or ever. As he gets strong his scoring chances will increase. Now he wastes too much effort trying to get shots. He's 7'3 with a jumper. His scoring is nice. His defense is elite. Lets focus on the D.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/18/2018  1:39 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Knicks didn't deserve to win the game, but the Refs should never get in the way and decide games.

Stafford decided the game at the end by two bad calls you never make.

First, on the rebound off the ball foul on KP (that is never called). Knicks should have had possession down 3 with 20 seconds left.

Second, the technical on Lee for talking during the jump ball to make it from a 1 possession game to a 2 with a 4 point lead (knowing the time and the situation, you never make that call as a ref) Game over.

Also, Evans stepped over the line on the 1st jump and it just wasn't called by Stafford right under his feet.

Stafford won this game for the Griz at the end.

Stafford was on our ass all game with questionable calls. He wanted to secure the game with his final 2 to ensure the outcome he wanted.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GameThread: Knicks at Grizz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy