[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: MLK Day game @ Brooklyn
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/15/2018  7:14 PM
Frank is 19 years old so he is gonna have ups and downs. I don't think Trey being there all of a sudden lit a fire under him. Frank has shown that he is already one of the better defensive guards out there and has also shown he can hit some big shots. However I do think trey coming in gave the whole team some extra "juice" and excitement because he is a former top pick and is talented.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/15/2018  7:14 PM
Here's Michael Beasley after Frank Ntilikina's 10-point, 10-assist, 7-reboud performance against Brooklyn: "Frank's an amazing player. He has to learn what pace he wants to go. But as soon as he figures it out, Frank will be an easy triple double guy. Easy triple double." Ntilikina said that he wanted to be more assertive today after having a few lackluster games recently. "It's time," the rookie said. "I know it's about time especially I have to go out there and be confident and be aggressive. I won't relax now. I'm just motivated to do more in the future." The Knicks will need more from Ntilikina and guard Trey Burke during a grueling 6-game road trip, which may define their season.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0744708990323135114-4
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

1/15/2018  7:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Here's Michael Beasley after Frank Ntilikina's 10-point, 10-assist, 7-reboud performance against Brooklyn: "Frank's an amazing player. He has to learn what pace he wants to go. But as soon as he figures it out, Frank will be an easy triple double guy. Easy triple double." Ntilikina said that he wanted to be more assertive today after having a few lackluster games recently. "It's time," the rookie said. "I know it's about time especially I have to go out there and be confident and be aggressive. I won't relax now. I'm just motivated to do more in the future." The Knicks will need more from Ntilikina and guard Trey Burke during a grueling 6-game road trip, which may define their season.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0744708990323135114-4
i agree with beasley. Its all apart of the maturation process.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/15/2018  7:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Last play Frank makes from his first time on the floor, he coughs up the ball. Burke comes in, plays well. The next time Frank is subbed in has his strongest take to the rim as a Knick, and his best all around game to boot.

Anyone who tries to sell the notion that Burke coming in and playing well had no impact on Frank's play just hates to be wrong, really hates it. Even Baker had his most aggressive game of the season. But we're supposed to believe that its all a coincidence. Please.

KP is sharing the rock more with every game. Hope he keeps it up. Is only hitting the floor now when he gets a call from the refs. Big improvement.

SMH. It’s not about being right or wrong. Just a matter of making too much of things that can EASILY be circumstantial. But you guys go ahead and believe what makes you feel good.

His numbers have been dread full over the last few wks, and the last few games he's been a total negative.

You think if frank was kicking ass and taking names the knicks would have coughed up 2 million dollars by waiving session to signed burke. All i know is that, if he start slipping again, he needs to look over his shoulder.

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/15/2018  7:25 PM
I can tell of the BAT that Burke is hungry, and if he gets that opportunity, smh...somebody's minutes are getting cut
ES
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
1/15/2018  7:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Last play Frank makes from his first time on the floor, he coughs up the ball. Burke comes in, plays well. The next time Frank is subbed in has his strongest take to the rim as a Knick, and his best all around game to boot.

Anyone who tries to sell the notion that Burke coming in and playing well had no impact on Frank's play just hates to be wrong, really hates it. Even Baker had his most aggressive game of the season. But we're supposed to believe that its all a coincidence. Please.

KP is sharing the rock more with every game. Hope he keeps it up. Is only hitting the floor now when he gets a call from the refs. Big improvement.

SMH. It’s not about being right or wrong. Just a matter of making too much of things that can EASILY be circumstantial. But you guys go ahead and believe what makes you feel good.

His numbers have been dread full over the last few wks, and the last few games he's been a total negative.

You think if frank was kicking ass and taking names the knicks would have coughed up 2 million dollars by waiving session to signed burke. All i know is that, if he start slipping again, he needs to look over his shoulder.

These guys are competitors at the end of the day, so naturally the presence of one can inspire the other. I really doubt anyone disagrees. Frank has shown he can do this, now he has some friendly comp because Burke can do all the things Frank did on offense today.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/15/2018  7:27 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Frank is 19 years old so he is gonna have ups and downs. I don't think Trey being there all of a sudden lit a fire under him. Frank has shown that he is already one of the better defensive guards out there and has also shown he can hit some big shots. However I do think trey coming in gave the whole team some extra "juice" and excitement because he is a former top pick and is talented.

EXACTLY. Also when Frank entered the game the Knicks where down 14-18 and when he left they were up 33-31. I think he’s a self motivated young man and all of this is new. It’s a lot to process but he’s handled it well.

We all want both Frank and Burke to play well going forward. You can see what they both bring to the table. This team NEEDS them to play well. GO KNICKS!

StarksEwing1

1/15/2018  7:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I can tell of the BAT that Burke is hungry, and if he gets that opportunity, smh...somebody's minutes are getting cut
Lets take it easy about burke. Yes he was great in the G league but this is a total different ballgame. Even though Burke was a toppick he obviously didnt translate well to the NBA at least not yet. Im happy Burke is here but i seriosusly doubt Frank needs to "look over his shoulder". Frank is a big part of our future and has already made terrifc strides in his development.
nixluva
USA
1/15/2018  7:44 PM
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/15/2018  8:20 PM
nixluva wrote:

wow. you talk about that fabled length paying off . . .

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/15/2018  8:36 PM
frank played like this game after game in the euro league, especially as tournament play got torqued up. it was all available to see on video. it's obviously a huge adjustment to translate that effectiveness to the nba. he showed today he's got it, the next step is to up the consistency. similar to porzingis showing earlier in the year that he can be a top-10 player in the league but then showing he hasn't got the consistency yet to sustain it.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/15/2018  8:40 PM
Marv wrote:frank played like this game after game in the euro league, especially as tournament play got torqued up. it was all available to see on video. it's obviously a huge adjustment to translate that effectiveness to the nba. he showed today he's got it, the next step is to up the consistency. similar to porzingis showing earlier in the year that he can be a top-10 player in the league but then showing he hasn't got the consistency yet to sustain it.

feel like Frank is at the same stage KP was as a rookie. Shows flashes, can't do it on a consistent basis but plenty of evidence to suggest he could.

IMHO sky is the limit for both guys as long as they work their game and body in offseason.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1

1/15/2018  8:43 PM
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:frank played like this game after game in the euro league, especially as tournament play got torqued up. it was all available to see on video. it's obviously a huge adjustment to translate that effectiveness to the nba. he showed today he's got it, the next step is to up the consistency. similar to porzingis showing earlier in the year that he can be a top-10 player in the league but then showing he hasn't got the consistency yet to sustain it.

feel like Frank is at the same stage KP was as a rookie. Shows flashes, can't do it on a consistent basis but plenty of evidence to suggest he could.

IMHO sky is the limit for both guys as long as they work their game and body in offseason.

agreed. Frank is obviously more raw especially on offense but the sky is the limit. I cant wait for next year just to see how much better he is after having a year under his belt
martin
USA
1/15/2018  8:44 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:

agreed. Frank is obviously more raw especially on offense but the sky is the limit. I cant wait for next year just to see how much better he is after having a year under his belt

Yup. Next season will be good indicator and 3rd will be even more so.

nixluva
USA
1/15/2018  8:57 PM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:

Yup. Next season will be good indicator and 3rd will be even more so.

People should try to remember how much they changed from age 19 to 21 and so on. Amazing that Frank is many years from reaching his pre prime years!!!

TPercy
Member: #5748

1/15/2018  9:14 PM
martin wrote:

Not even close dude. KP was playing like a player that belonged in the NBA during his rookie season. The game Frank had today was a game KP was having every 2-3 games or so. Frank had a one in a bluemoon outing against a **** club. Frank is still years behind unless this game is start of a major turning point. Also, KP didn't have a negative WS48.

Though this comes off as harsh, that is not to say that Frank hasn't shown flashes every now and then and that he wont become a near triple double machine 4-5 years from now, but we have to keep our assesments honest.

The Future is Bright!
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

1/15/2018  9:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2018  9:23 PM
martin wrote:

Agreed

martin
USA
1/15/2018  10:02 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

Not even close dude. KP was playing like a player that belonged in the NBA during his rookie season. The game Frank had today was a game KP was having every 2-3 games or so. Frank had a one in a bluemoon outing against a **** club. Frank is still years behind unless this game is start of a major turning point. Also, KP didn't have a negative WS48.

Though this comes off as harsh, that is not to say that Frank hasn't shown flashes every now and then and that he wont become a near triple double machine 4-5 years from now, but we have to keep our assesments honest.

PG position is much harder to fill into then just playing other positions. KP had a nice cushion with Melo, Lopez and even Afflalo to work with; he was at best the second option on the team or even third on offense. KP is also a year older than Frank when they entered league.

KP was doing more unicorny things at this stage and maybe it was more often, but really who cares? Maybe KP's potential is higher than Franks, but again who cares?

I feel like I've seen enough such that Frank will have the same jumps as KP did in second and third years.

martin
USA
1/15/2018  10:09 PM
Okafor must really suck if he can't even get minutes on a Brooklyn team without any effective bigs
nixluva
USA
1/15/2018  11:02 PM
One thing about this game that I liked and hope to see again was that Jeff went SMALL and it REALLY opened up the paint. With KP or just KOQ as the C and Beaz at PF this team was able to really run Spread PnR to perfection.
GameThread: MLK Day game @ Brooklyn

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy