[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time To Fire Hornacek Is Coming
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

1/18/2018  7:25 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Does anybody really believe changing the coach would make that much of a difference? The Knicks don't have enough talent yet. Get a SF get a another Guard that can penetrate and score and if we still win 35 games than we can fire Hornaceck. I think we should give him 1 more year.

Talent wise I agree this isn't better than a 35 win team.
1 physically challenged all star.
1 good second option wing who has been injured half the way.
Rookie PG with no consistent scoring ability.
Good bench.

If KP had stayed in November form a MVP level we are a playoff team or if Timmy maybe doesn't get an injury like that.

My concern is that Horny hasn't installed a consistent style of play. If he had we would be further ahead in the rebuild.

I'd try to get Atlanta's head coach. He runs the same system and look at how much Tim has improved since going there.

AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/19/2018  3:02 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Does anybody really believe changing the coach would make that much of a difference? The Knicks don't have enough talent yet. Get a SF get a another Guard that can penetrate and score and if we still win 35 games than we can fire Hornaceck. I think we should give him 1 more year.

Good bench.

If KP had stayed in November form a MVP level we are a playoff team or if Timmy maybe doesn't get an injury like that.

My concern is that Horny hasn't installed a consistent style of play. If he had we would be further ahead in the rebuild.

I'd try to get Atlanta's head coach. He runs the same system and look at how much Tim has improved since going there.

Atlanta's coach would be a good hire. He has consistently had the Hawks overperform but the hawks are not firing him, so we would have to give up a pick to get him like the clippers did with Doc rivers.

Trust the Process
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/19/2018  3:04 AM
nixluva wrote:Jeff's biggest issue is that he never seems to ADJUST after the other team makes adjustments to what we're doing. It's so obvious when this team has leads and then the other team just starts shutting down our predictable and slow offense. He needs to switch things up and go quicker and more direct rather than more WEAVES and long developing plays!!!

What happened to UPTEMPO? The Early Offense? Early Spread PnR or Drag Screens before the D is set? What happened to the KP n THJ PnR that gave teams problems. Why so much ISO? WHy not go Small with KP at the 5 with shooters/drivers around him? These are the things that I see Jeff not doing.

This is one of the worst rosters in the entire league.

There is no "finding a lineup that works" in this situation. There are negative tradeoffs on this roster that simply can't be fixed. This team needs more talent.

Some people are screaming for Burke to play. Like any coach, Hornacek is not going to play someone he doesn't trust yet. Trust from your coach has to be earned.

A team can build it's identity with defense. I don't blame Hornacek for starting there, offense be damned, since the offense is hit or miss anyway. He doesn't have the talent base to sustain a consistent offense, so he focuses more on defense, what his roster can give him right now.

The Knicks run dangerously close to having a situation where no veteran coach with options is going to want to come to NY.

I don't know exactly what some of you expect. When blkexec says some crazy **** like "blame the fans" , he's talking about some of you. Unrealistic expectations given the actual situation. Don't get me wrong, saying "blame the fans" is truly one of the most f**ked in the head narcissistic things you can say about pro sports in general, but some of you, the wildly bizarre demands with a gutted roster like this, almost makes the kind of statement seem rational.

Poppovich gets the most open press, but the best coach in the league is Erik Spolestra. Hands down. (If you can make Joel Anthony seem almost functional for a few minutes at a time, you're a miracle worker) If you gave him this Knicks roster, he could not get them to the playoffs. So I won't gut Hornacek for it either.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/19/2018  9:27 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Jeff's biggest issue is that he never seems to ADJUST after the other team makes adjustments to what we're doing. It's so obvious when this team has leads and then the other team just starts shutting down our predictable and slow offense. He needs to switch things up and go quicker and more direct rather than more WEAVES and long developing plays!!!

What happened to UPTEMPO? The Early Offense? Early Spread PnR or Drag Screens before the D is set? What happened to the KP n THJ PnR that gave teams problems. Why so much ISO? WHy not go Small with KP at the 5 with shooters/drivers around him? These are the things that I see Jeff not doing.

This is one of the worst rosters in the entire league.

There is no "finding a lineup that works" in this situation. There are negative tradeoffs on this roster that simply can't be fixed. This team needs more talent.

Some people are screaming for Burke to play. Like any coach, Hornacek is not going to play someone he doesn't trust yet. Trust from your coach has to be earned.

A team can build it's identity with defense. I don't blame Hornacek for starting there, offense be damned, since the offense is hit or miss anyway. He doesn't have the talent base to sustain a consistent offense, so he focuses more on defense, what his roster can give him right now.

The Knicks run dangerously close to having a situation where no veteran coach with options is going to want to come to NY.

I don't know exactly what some of you expect. When blkexec says some crazy **** like "blame the fans" , he's talking about some of you. Unrealistic expectations given the actual situation. Don't get me wrong, saying "blame the fans" is truly one of the most f**ked in the head narcissistic things you can say about pro sports in general, but some of you, the wildly bizarre demands with a gutted roster like this, almost makes the kind of statement seem rational.

Poppovich gets the most open press, but the best coach in the league is Erik Spolestra. Hands down. (If you can make Joel Anthony seem almost functional for a few minutes at a time, you're a miracle worker) If you gave him this Knicks roster, he could not get them to the playoffs. So I won't gut Hornacek for it either.

Roster isnt great but also not as bad you would make it out. That being said I agree 100% on the comment about the fans. Many around here predicting wins in the 20s, yet while on pace to win more its nothing but complaints about the coach, not developing players, bla bla bla
Jeff is fine and does the right things, starting with yanking guys who dont defend. Dont like seeing Lance Thomas? Compain about Beasley and McD because those are the guys who have failed to take Lance's minutes. We are on a good path. Its gonna take time. Like a couple years. Not like 2 weeks with Burke and staring Beasley
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/19/2018  11:19 AM
TheGame wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Good bench.

Atlanta's coach would be a good hire. He has consistently had the Hawks overperform but the hawks are not firing him, so we would have to give up a pick to get him like the clippers did with Doc rivers.

I'd rather they get D.Blatt or Jeff Van Gundy or even go the college route and look at S.Smart.

Time To Fire Hornacek Is Coming

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy